Anomaly Detected!

Hop in the history machine, and visit where news goes when it's no longer... well, new! Here you can find past sales, old website updates, and discontinued product information.
nevan

Re: Anomaly Detected!

Postby nevan » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:41 pm

I already know medium Elden is a bit too much for me, so current Kage is pretty much out of the question... :?

I am soooo hoping for a full release, because I would LOVE a small pastel Kage~ (maybe pastel green and pink marble? That glows?? That would be rad as heck). :smile:
Sean

Postby Sean » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:42 pm

Kiba wrote:
Sean wrote:I just started thinking, when if Kage ever has a full release I wonder if they'd actually draw Kage himself or come up with their own design?

... This would sadden me greatly.
Chibity or nothing.
DO YOU HEAR ME, BAD DRAGON?!?
CHIBITY OR NOTHING!!!!!!!

... And since we all know that Kage is getting a full release, what it's really going to come down to is
CHIBITY OR CHIBITY.

I would request that Bad Dragon invest in paying artists to make fully written and illustrated comics in order to distribute over a multitude of sites in order to draw an even larger attention to BD.... Which should start with Kage. What I would do see that dream come to fruition...

I usually judge the toys based on the toys themselves, but Kage is an exception and his character design is the one of the biggest factors on why I find him attractive. Image If they changed his design it'd would make sad.
18 / Male / Bisexual / Mated
Masochist / Submissive / Kitten

Toy Count: 11 Insertables/3 Plugs
EdelweissJaeger

Postby EdelweissJaeger » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:00 pm

I agree I also love Kage's character design and it was one of the things that got me interested in the toy as well. He's an adorable creature! :smile:
I ain't nobody's Bitch! Image
Thanks to Chibity for the emote~!
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:49 pm

ya, too bad one-size releases don't get character art. Image
yay, I get to use my kage-day emoticon too!
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Enserric

Postby Enserric » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:57 pm

*Screams and jumps up and down* EEEEEEEEEE!!!!! It's here,it's here!!!
*Orders it* Yaaaaay =D
Steambirds

Postby Steambirds » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:07 pm

Am I the only one who'd love to see an ask blog of Kage?
:stick:
Momma didn't raise no fools! At least, I have been told so.

You know you spend too much time on this site when you see a toy and think, "Wow, he's such a cutie!"
Xan

Postby Xan » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:04 am

AAAAAAAA :buddy:

Congrats, Chibi :laugh:
It's... beautiful :3
Designer of the magnificent Mountain Drake https://forums.bad-dragon.com/download/file.php?id=115536
griffin-morgenstern

Postby griffin-morgenstern » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:06 am

I'll be honest, I never had a taste for this design when it was in BD Labs.

But...I think this just went to my wishlist. :psyduck:
The final result looks amazing! I feel so tempted to grab a Infrared one!

Congrats Chibity!
Samson

Postby Samson » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:10 am

Steambirds wrote:Am I the only one who'd love to see an ask blog of Kage?
:stick:

Not sure if you ever saw this. It's kinda like an ask blog. https://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28768
Image Tentacle Monster. Flower prince. Image
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:13 pm

I'm not quite sure how I feel about the final product, but I LOVE the coloration on it, wow did it translate well to the toy! I'm going to have to pass on Kage, I'm not a fan of plugs/knots (I have no clue how to finish with them and they feel bad to me), and the size is too small. Once Chibity gets her toy I would be very curious to see a comparison between the 3D printed rendition and the final product, mostly because I feel like the details on the final product look so different.
Sean

Postby Sean » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:50 pm

I need to save my money but I'm about to cave in... I need him..
18 / Male / Bisexual / Mated
Masochist / Submissive / Kitten

Toy Count: 11 Insertables/3 Plugs
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:20 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:Once Chibity gets her toy I would be very curious to see a comparison between the 3D printed rendition and the final product, mostly because I feel like the details on the final product look so different.

Will do!

I verified any alterations to the 3D model that I gave to the BD team after I sent them my original version, and absolutely nothing was changed except for the purpose of crisping up the model. And I can say for a fact that what BD produced for themselves in terms of the 3D model is a great increase in quality from what I had originally made and had 3D printed. I saw the progress from 3D model, to 3D print, to the final silicone version.

I would love to show his 3D print that BD owns if only they would allow it, because it's full of beautiful definition. Because of that, I can say without a doubt that any smoothness that you're witnessing on the toy now is simply the nature of the silicone in an object that's only 7.5" tall. Or, perhaps their process of creating molds just cuts away at the definition a little.

For example, where did all that go?

Then again, that's just my guess since by comparison, a small Ridley has a butt-load of amazing definition.
Even at a much smaller size, his base is pretty nuts!

BUT, I will point out again that I did see Kage's Bad Dragon 3D print, and the definition isn't just there, it's super crisp and incredibly faithful to all the original details throughout Kage's design. For that, I can kind'a hope that what we're seeing now is merely due to his size restrictions, and that a Kage model in larger sizes would be able to really pump out those details. Maybe he'd get a little more polished in all of his sizes during a full release too, who's to say? But I totally see where you guys are coming from, and I noted the lessened details during his production. I also verified them without any worry, 'cause these are the kinds of model critiques that Kage needs right now for BD to be able to safely say "Awesome, so if we decide to scale him up or down someday, we know what areas in the mold need improving."
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:10 pm

He looks great! Congratulations, Chibity!

waits patiently for full release
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:23 pm

Chibity wrote:For example, where did all that go?

I think that could just have to do with the nature of silicone and surface tension, most of the details on ridleys base seem deeper.
that or they smoothed it out too much... *shrugs*
Hiruandan

Postby Hiruandan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:45 am

Got my ticket about getting a guaranteed Kage teenie weenie pack answered yesterday, just a standardised answer about how the packs are like trading cards packs and they can't guarantee anything.
I didn't expect much more, but I'm kinda disappointed since they were bragging about how you could get a guaranteed teenie Kage in every pack purchased when I sent in the ticket (all I wanted was for someone to just plop one of those packs into wherever they keep my order, rawr).

Chibity wrote: *explanations and insight*

Wow, this is incredibly interesting!
And it also confirms my initial thoughts about the detail, while awesome to have the toy released it's still a shame to see some of the lovely detailing not showing up as much as I'd like. All those little lines and groves are a big part of the toys "personality" for me.

I have neither a functioning tablet nor a 3D software at hand at the moment, but when I have I'm tempted to try out fiddling with the 3D model to see how it would look with some deeper and more defined detailing :glomp:
I'd love to see it turn out more like Ridley, with a massive amount of detail without being too extreme texture-wise (If I remember correctly a big part of the appeal is also being a good thrusting toy, and too much texture would probably just be in the way or painful).
Useless as a Lantern at Noon Image
Chibity is love Chibity is life

Toys owned:
:excited: Image Image :laugh:
minkza

Postby minkza » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:04 am

Very interesting thanks for sharing. :words: :words:

ร่วมเล่นสนุกๆไปกับพวกเรา ได้ที่นี่ คาสิโนออนไลน์
Willow

Postby Willow » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:35 pm

Ok, don't kill me for saying this but... why is this toys a big thing that it seems to be?
...don't get me wrong, the toy is fine and looks nice (not really for me), but it doesn't really seem as earth-shattering as I am sensing from some people. I know people have been waiting for it for a long time now.

I know, I sound like a horrible person. I don't hate the toy, but what really makes it stand from other ones?
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
ReliCute

Postby ReliCute » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:42 pm

Willow wrote:Ok, don't kill me for saying this but... why is this toys a big thing that it seems to be?
...don't get me wrong, the toy is fine and looks nice (not really for me), but it doesn't really seem as earth-shattering as I am sensing from some people. I know people have been waiting for it for a long time now.

I know, I sound like a horrible person. I don't hate the toy, but what really makes it stand from other ones?

I think it's because it's a new toy that everyone's been waiting for and holding out for a while now. Pair that with it being a knotted toy with texture on the knot, a fabulous design, and Chibity being absolutely amazing and doing cute little doodles and comics and art of the character that's gotten the community really involved with the design and its progress.

Not to mention, it's one of the most vagina-friendly designs BD currently has on offer. To get the thickness quite a few like, you wind up with extra length left over, so you can't enjoy the toy fully. Kage is nice and short but thick. :) He's a bit different from the majority of the toys, so he's gotten a lot of hype for that, too.

Mostly I think it's Chibity being fabulous with all the cute little art pieces. It just really brings the character to life and draws you in! Imo at least
21. Female. Pansexual (heavy preference for women). Open-Poly (two AMAZING partners <3)
Roleplay lover. Artist. Leather worker. Creator of Poseidon and Abyssal King over at TnP <3

Check out my toy Dick Design Blog!, feel free to make a suggestion!
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Willow wrote:Ok, don't kill me for saying this but... why is this toys a big thing that it seems to be?

Getting a toy to successfully stand out in the labs (and even more, the general community) is tough stuff! I feel that the way a designer presents both them self and their design is vital in making sure that the toy gets the recognition that it needs to get enough feedback. In a way, it IS competitive, and the more engrossed you get your watchers into the toy’s development, the larger that following will grow. One of the very great luxuries that Bad Dragon allows on its site is the ability to actively contribute to the development of a design, and both the designer and community play a part in this. If the designer isn’t committed to following up on feedback and raising awareness of their model, then that will likely affect how well it is received if it makes it to real production. If concerns aren’t addressed when they need to be, then those kinds of outcries are the things that you’re going to see flooding the news pages. And that just doesn’t make for positive advertising.

With Kage, I did my best to appeal to as many individuals as possible while maintaining the original purpose of the toy. His present size is a very general middle ground for those with knot experience, and should certainly work well for both anal and vaginal users. But of course, there are biological variations in everyone, so it’s understandable that some will have to wait for a full release before making their purchase. But the size chosen is the one that I imagine will be making the most sales, even if all other sizes were already available. Choosing a Mini or an XL for your one-size is… well… a risky game! Also, knots aren’t for everyone, but for the volume of people who do like them, I did my very best to meet exactly what they wanted. I actively searched for help on his design, and didn’t stop with version 1.0 like many buried designs in the Labs did. In appreciation, I gave back to the community in every way that I knew how, because the people themselves are the very reason why Kage ended up being so successful. And that’s key. There’s a big difference in winning a contest where the only prize is your own personal trophy, and one where everyone gets a bite of the cake. Kage IS for everyone, so why shouldn’t everyone’s voice be important?

Anyways, what does Kage do differently? He stands for a lot of things. Community involvement, the creative process, and dedication. As a character, he’s nothing that’s ever existed before, so I was determine to make a reality around him so people could judge for themselves if they liked this new creature in general. As a toy, he’s a piece of silicone, and that can come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. And those shapes don’t appeal to everyone, no, but the history behind the ideas and what went into it is what makes Kage what he is. Literally and figuratively. And it’s totally understandable if that’s not what makes him a purchasable object for you, no worries! But given the feedback so far on the forums, we can evidently see that it was a method that worked, and if Kage is doing well, and he’s hitting all the right buttons for knot-lovers, then that’s what’s important, right?
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:43 am

ReliCute wrote:

I think it's because it's a new toy that everyone's been waiting for and holding out for a while now. Pair that with it being a knotted toy with texture on the knot, a fabulous design, and Chibity being absolutely amazing and doing cute little doodles and comics and art of the character that's gotten the community really involved with the design and its progress.

Not to mention, it's one of the most vagina-friendly designs BD currently has on offer. To get the thickness quite a few like, you wind up with extra length left over, so you can't enjoy the toy fully. Kage is nice and short but thick. :) He's a bit different from the majority of the toys, so he's gotten a lot of hype for that, too.

Mostly I think it's Chibity being fabulous with all the cute little art pieces. It just really brings the character to life and draws you in! Imo at least

think that pretty much nailed it.
besides being a nice design with a knot that actually looks useable;
unlike some designers who just submit something to the labs and hope for the best then maybe show up for a week and make a few posts if it gets into a vote, chibity has been so involved with the community throughout the entire process taking feedback and drawing everyone into the idea. it kinda makes this whole thing feel more like a community event than just another toy being added to BDs lineup.

Return to “Old News”