Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Hop in the history machine, and visit where news goes when it's no longer... well, new! Here you can find past sales, old website updates, and discontinued product information.
User avatar
MaresFillies
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby MaresFillies » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:25 pm

Akanisen wrote:
MaresFillies wrote:I just have one request though do you think that you could possibly give the inner dimension of the toy I mean from the looks of it this one looks to be tighter then the Mary, but I'd just like to be sure. The tighter the better for me anyway. ;)

I actually made this yesturday so this might help
download/file.php?id=119465&mode=view

I adjusted all of the toys to the correct size relative to eachother based on the measurements listed on the site.


Thank you so much! :) This helps a lot.
~ Tune of White and Nerdy ~
"The only question that I thought was hard is whether I like Twilight Sparkle or Pinkie Pie" :buddy:

Best Video: Equestria Girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTPqjKk_xCo
User avatar
AlphaBlue
Posts: 4282
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:30 am
Gender: Male

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby AlphaBlue » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:
Akanisen wrote:
MaresFillies wrote:I just have one request though do you think that you could possibly give the inner dimension of the toy I mean from the looks of it this one looks to be tighter then the Mary, but I'd just like to be sure. The tighter the better for me anyway. ;)

I actually made this yesturday so this might help
download/file.php?id=119465&mode=view

I adjusted all of the toys to the correct size relative to eachother based on the measurements listed on the site.


Awesome, thank you! I also have concerns about inner size, I have Lily and she's too tight for me. If that image is accurate then Janine might be a better choice. Wish BD would put inner dimensions of at least the opening, it's as important as the outer dimensions of insertables! :|


Agreed! I actually ticketed about this not long after Sugar Star was announced. I did a handful of shots in the comparison thread a few times taking pics of the entrance and exit with a flashlight shining through so you could see the textures on the inside. It shows a lot of detail that you really don't see in the cut in half shots that BD does, so I'm really hoping it's something they take into consideration. Actually doing pics like that with the sleeve cut in half probably show even more. It would definitely make the difference between a purchase or a pass for a lot of people!

As much as I love Janine (looking back at my review of her when I first joined I was enamored), I think I may be selling her so that I can get this one. I've always liked the tighter toys a bit more and for me sometimes that ribbed texture is too much but hers seems very different.
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
User avatar
Sun Gear
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:23 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby Sun Gear » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:18 pm

I cant wait for mine to come in. finally got a penetrable in white. Plus found a $91 flop!!

The inside looks amazing and cant wait to try it. Also, the logo as the cutie mark is funny as shit. Also, cant believe that ya'll changed the background! it was a fucking riot on my group and we all loved it!
I swear I don't have a problem

Chance: (Small/3)(small/8)(medium/5)
bruiser: (small/8)
Moko:( meium/8)
Clayton: (mini/8)
Nova: (medium/8-split)
Slepnir: (mini/5)
Flint: (small/5)
Rowan
Mary
Cocksheath
Sugarstar-soon
Krubera-soon
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:19 pm

MaresFillies wrote:
Akanisen wrote:
MaresFillies wrote:I just have one request though do you think that you could possibly give the inner dimension of the toy I mean from the looks of it this one looks to be tighter then the Mary, but I'd just like to be sure. The tighter the better for me anyway. ;)

I actually made this yesturday so this might help
download/file.php?id=119465&mode=view

I adjusted all of the toys to the correct size relative to eachother based on the measurements listed on the site.


Thank you so much! :) This helps a lot.


If they ship my toy tomorrow, I might have it by Friday (AUS time) and I will be happy to let people know how it is, once it arrives. My husband isn't huge, so I don't foresee any issues, and I just do oral work/fingering on my toys so tightness issues wouldn't bother me terribly much. I'm sure those in the states who ordered her on release day, as I did, will get her sooner.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
Willow
Posts: 4223
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:05 am
Gender: MtF
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby Willow » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:05 pm

Yup, I ordered it on release day, and I don't live to far from Phoenix. It usually arrives the day after it's shipped... so maybe Tuesday.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
User avatar
MaresFillies
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby MaresFillies » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:19 pm

If they ship my toy tomorrow, I might have it by Friday (AUS time) and I will be happy to let people know how it is, once it arrives. My husband isn't huge, so I don't foresee any issues, and I just do oral work/fingering on my toys so tightness issues wouldn't bother me terribly much. I'm sure those in the states who ordered her on release day, as I did, will get her sooner.



I'd welcome that a lot. :) Yeah do tell, when you get it. If you have anthro Mary too please do a compare and contrast, please.
~ Tune of White and Nerdy ~
"The only question that I thought was hard is whether I like Twilight Sparkle or Pinkie Pie" :buddy:

Best Video: Equestria Girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTPqjKk_xCo
User avatar
Shiratori1
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 10:07 pm
Gender: Male
Location: San Diego

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby Shiratori1 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:34 pm

reine wrote:Wow, I missed a party last night. The "THIS TOY IS FINE SHUT YOUR FUCK" people are, like, 500x angrier than the people who said it makes them uncomfortable :psyduck: Oh no, some people don't like my little pony cash-grab clop toys so they... are apparently SJWs??????

ZelSuthtin wrote:Sure if there wasn't already one there I'd not be in such a conundrum....But this really does just seem kinda like a cashgrab. OH LOOK, A TOY FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T APPRECIATE SUBTLE REFERENCES! BUY IT! PONIES YOU GUIEZ!

Also BD please don't change the nice, pleasing to the eye dark backgrounds into a suddenCOLORINYOURFACEHAHAHAHAHOPEYOULIKEBRIGHTCOLORS.


Yeah, I agree. :'V
I don't mind BD making a generic-but-referencey pony toy, since we have a generic horse with MLP reference colours, but this is absolutely intended to be a brony-exclusive cash grab and just reads as really tasteless and tactless. At least the reference colours are subtle, but this toy is definitely not directed at a general audience.

They could've at least made the art more like Rowan's- cartoony, but not FiM cartoony- and called the toy "Sugar Star the Pony" or "Sugar the Pony" to fit the naming scheme. As it stands, a lot of non-clopper potential consumers are probably going to be turned off by the "LOOK!! CARTOON PONY CLOPPER TOY!!!"-ness of it, and I don't want to see BD become known as "a site for cloppers". :[

Really, a simple art change (and maybe a slight name change) would make a world of difference. I hate obvious cash-grabs and this is no exception.

And, yeah, please change the background to the old one. ;; These colours are bright and jarring with the rest of the site's layout, and there is something very uncomfortable about a sex toy shop with a kiddie theme.


So you believe that you are entitled to BD, a privately owned company, catering to your sensitivities, opinions, and demands? I'm sorry, but that is both ridiculous and extremist. You don't have a right to be not offended. If a fictional toy and a background are so off-putting to you, you are more than welcome to spend your time and money somewhere else. No one is forcing you to buy the item or accept it at gunpoint.
User avatar
Disjachi
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:33 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Utah, USA

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby Disjachi » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Shiratori, please do not start the arguing up again. It didn't accomplish anything but making people angry at each other.
My toys/wishlist
[spoiler]Have:
M/5 Bruiser in midnight blue
M/3 flop unflared Chance
L/5 Twilight Sparkle unflared Chance
L/5 tri-color alexandrite Nox
L/8 Winston in Cynder's colors
nightfall purple Sugar Star

Ordered:
none

Want:
L/5 Gilda gryphon
L/5 natural Kelvin
L/5 Ridley
L/5 Nova
L/5 Pretzal
Rowan
Cynder Janine
Cynder Duke's Butt[/spoiler]
User avatar
Harra
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:21 pm
Gender: Non-binary (DFAB)
Location: Arizona

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby Harra » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:59 pm

Shiratori1 wrote:
So you believe that you are entitled to BD, a privately owned company, catering to your sensitivities, opinions, and demands? I'm sorry, but that is both ridiculous and extremist. You don't have a right to be not offended. If a fictional toy and a background are so off-putting to you, you are more than welcome to spend your time and money somewhere else. No one is forcing you to buy the item or accept it at gunpoint.


Admittedly, I'm not the person in question, but here's at least how I see it:

Am I entitled to a toy that isn't a rather clear MLP reference? No.
Is it possibly more prudent for BD from a business standpoint to do a toy that isn't a blatant MLP reference? Possibly, depends on whom you're asking. Obviously Sugar Star has sold very well (which makes me quite happy for BD), but whether or not it would have sold worse, better, or just as well if it wasn't so obviously MLP is something we'll never quite know.

The fact of the matter is this, MLP: FiM and its community is a very polarizing topic; there's a lot more extreme opinions on either side than a lot of other fandoms have invoked before. Because of this, including something that is very obviously MLP is inviting these polarized opinions-- for better or worse. ... What I'm saying is this: It's hard to imagine that BD's folks didn't know going into this that there was going to be a huge discussion, and possibly some heated opinions on all sides.

... I can't really speak to motives because I'm not the BD staff nor do I know them personally, but it IS possible that releasing an MLP-inspired toy was intentional because it would cause a stir amongst the consumers (us). All notoriety is good and all of that. Now, that's a bit of a reach, but it's still a possibility.

Obviously, I don't have the right to not be offended, but I (and everyone else) also have the right to politely bring up our concerns. ... If that concern is that this is a "Cash grab" and that the background appears too juvenile and is jarring, it's okay to bring that up as long as it's handled in a polite and constructive manner. That's not demanding that BD caters to someone's sensitivities, that's saying "Heeey, some of your fanbase might be a little put off by the sudden beyond-obvious references and the change in background."

Post Disclaimer: I tried to word this as politely as I could, so ideally my tone doesn't come off as argumentative or anything of the ilk, I really would love to have a friendly discussion about the effects of this toy being on the market, the change of the site background, and the not-so-subtle MLP references without delving into arguments, so if my post comes off as defensive or rude, please do let me know so I can be aware for next time and work on my writing~
Oh... am I supposed to put something witty here? Alright. Something witty. :stick:

Collection:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Phelvia
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:01 am
Gender: I sexually identify as an attack helicopter

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby Phelvia » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:59 pm

Shiratori1 wrote:
reine wrote:Wow, I missed a party last night. The "THIS TOY IS FINE SHUT YOUR FUCK" people are, like, 500x angrier than the people who said it makes them uncomfortable :psyduck: Oh no, some people don't like my little pony cash-grab clop toys so they... are apparently SJWs??????

ZelSuthtin wrote:Sure if there wasn't already one there I'd not be in such a conundrum....But this really does just seem kinda like a cashgrab. OH LOOK, A TOY FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T APPRECIATE SUBTLE REFERENCES! BUY IT! PONIES YOU GUIEZ!

Also BD please don't change the nice, pleasing to the eye dark backgrounds into a suddenCOLORINYOURFACEHAHAHAHAHOPEYOULIKEBRIGHTCOLORS.


Yeah, I agree. :'V
I don't mind BD making a generic-but-referencey pony toy, since we have a generic horse with MLP reference colours, but this is absolutely intended to be a brony-exclusive cash grab and just reads as really tasteless and tactless. At least the reference colours are subtle, but this toy is definitely not directed at a general audience.

They could've at least made the art more like Rowan's- cartoony, but not FiM cartoony- and called the toy "Sugar Star the Pony" or "Sugar the Pony" to fit the naming scheme. As it stands, a lot of non-clopper potential consumers are probably going to be turned off by the "LOOK!! CARTOON PONY CLOPPER TOY!!!"-ness of it, and I don't want to see BD become known as "a site for cloppers". :[

Really, a simple art change (and maybe a slight name change) would make a world of difference. I hate obvious cash-grabs and this is no exception.

And, yeah, please change the background to the old one. ;; These colours are bright and jarring with the rest of the site's layout, and there is something very uncomfortable about a sex toy shop with a kiddie theme.


So you believe that you are entitled to BD, a privately owned company, catering to your sensitivities, opinions, and demands? I'm sorry, but that is both ridiculous and extremist. You don't have a right to be not offended. If a fictional toy and a background are so off-putting to you, you are more than welcome to spend your time and money somewhere else. No one is forcing you to buy the item or accept it at gunpoint.

Can we please not bring this up again? This entire topic was shut off almost half a day just to tell people to step back and chill, now that its unlocked lets forget those pages happened and move on yes?
Can't wait to put my order in for Sugar Star ^_^
Silber
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:11 am
Gender: Male

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby Silber » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:31 pm

as far as the references go i saw them, i groaned and decided to take a look for a laugh.
turns out its going to be my next toy.
it has good internal texture and looks to have a well designed opening that should stand up to use.
honestly think this is the best value penetrable so far, finally a toy that looks solid at the opening but isnt too tight for a girthy guy to use comfortably.
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:35 pm

Silber wrote:as far as the references go i saw them, i groaned and decided to take a look for a laugh.
turns out its going to be my next toy.
it has good internal texture and looks to have a well designed opening that should stand up to use.
honestly think this is the best value penetrable so far, finally a toy that looks solid at the opening but isnt too tight for a girthy guy to use comfortably.


If you are exceptionally girthy, I'd recommend holding off until some reviews start coming in. People are speculating that she is going to be a pretty tight fit. It would be good to soak up a review or two, from small to average to big guys, before jumping in. I only suggest that because some of the pentrables are very tight, and a couple of them are no-go's for anyone with substantial girth.

She looks like she is going to be tighter than Mary, and my husband has a teeny bit of issue with her though mostly at the opening. And he is on the small side of average.

We'll definitely be making a review when we get her! Hoping for Firday!


Edited for spelling issue/mixed up words!
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Silber
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:11 am
Gender: Male

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby Silber » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:43 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Silber wrote:as far as the references go i saw them, i groaned and decided to take a look for a laugh.
turns out its going to be my next toy.
it has good internal texture and looks to have a well designed opening that should stand up to use.
honestly think this is the best value penetrable so far, finally a toy that looks solid at the opening but isnt too tight for a girthy guy to use comfortably.


If you are exceptionally girthy, I'd recommend holding off until some reviews start coming in. People are speculating that she is going to be a pretty tight fit. It would be good to soak up a review or two, from small to average to big guys, before jumping in. I only suggest that because some of the pentrables are very tight, and a couple of them are no-go's for anyone with substantial girth.

She looks like she is going to be tighter than Mary, and my husband has a teeny bit of issue with her though mostly at the opening. And he is on the small side of average.

We'll definitely be making a review when we get her! Hoping for Firday!


Edited for spelling issue/mixed up words!


sorry if this is an odd question, but are you planning on making a comparison review?
ive had issues with mary so would love to know how they stack up against one another.
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:50 pm

Silber wrote:sorry if this is an odd question, but are you planning on making a comparison review?
ive had issues with mary so would love to know how they stack up against one another.


Sure, I can do that. I have a review of Mary on my Tumblr, and plan to review Sugar Star within a couple of weeks of getting her. We always do a few sessions with a toy, first, so we're more sure of what to write. But if you're really girthy and have issues with Mary being too tight, I would definitely wait for reviews of SS to come in because she looks a bit more...snug than Mary does.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
Chibity
Posts: 5601
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:44 pm
Gender: Fwemale
Location: Canuck
Contact:

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby Chibity » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:59 pm

To anyone who's been both excited and overturned by the change in visuals over the course of Bad Dragon's promotions lately, I've proposed a solution over here that I believe would be quite viable. So far, it seems to be very well received!

To anyone that it may concern, feel free to check out the thread over here:
https://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=32407

To those who have been enjoying the recent additions to the website, keep up the hype! We all value a positive community with constructive input and respect. Settling issues with compromise and thought out ideas is a great way of making sure that the website itself moves forwards in a positive manner.
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
User avatar
StarSwirltheBearded
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:36 pm
Gender: Stallion

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby StarSwirltheBearded » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:47 pm

I'm just going to leave this here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI

To those of you whom this is directed at... you know who you are.
User avatar
xyman
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:04 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby xyman » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:57 pm

StarSwirltheBearded wrote:I'm just going to leave this here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI

To those of you whom this is directed at... you know who you are.


Alright lets not start this crap again shall we? :stick:

As for critiscism for the toy it'self, I would love to see the outside of the toy have much more thicker and puffy lips, like how the artwork depicts it :fap:
Toy's in spoiler

► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Samson
Posts: 4037
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:04 am
Gender: Trans Male
Location: USA

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby Samson » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:05 pm

Her toy exclusive colors kinda remind me of the dress colors we had earlier this year. :stick:
If I didn't already have a Vasu I would be considering a custom in Celestial Harmony because reasons.
Image
Image Tentacle Monster. Flower prince. Image
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
User avatar
Chibity
Posts: 5601
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:44 pm
Gender: Fwemale
Location: Canuck
Contact:

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby Chibity » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:10 pm

Samson wrote:Her toy exclusive colors kinda remind me of the dress colors we had earlier this year. :stick:
If I didn't already have a Vasu I would be considering a custom in Celestial Harmony because reasons.


I actually thought that too at a point! And then I realized that the colours are based off of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, which then made them quite understandable and fun. Considering the MLP-related Mary colours already existed, it was nice to see them bring some more character options into the mix.
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
User avatar
4thHorseman
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:37 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Pour a 'lil sugar on us!

Postby 4thHorseman » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Not sure I see the difference/distinction between a guy (or girl) stuffing a HUGE BD horse cock in his (or her) ass, over a Bronie getting their kink on.

I think you're too focused on the packaging and not the end application.

Return to “Old News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests