Our (Al)chemical Romance!

Hop in the history machine, and visit where news goes when it's no longer... well, new! Here you can find past sales, old website updates, and discontinued product information.
Sean

Re: Our (Al)chemical Romance!

Postby Sean » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Can't really say I'm feeling Bumble Hooves... He does look like a nice toy for those who are more interested in cartoon horse dicks than realistic ones like Chance. He's a bit shorter which reminds me of Stubbs and I know plenty of people have been asking for that. I might consider him in the future but... Eh... Just not feeling it. Love his art though.
18 / Male / Bisexual / Mated
Masochist / Submissive / Kitten

Toy Count: 11 Insertables/3 Plugs
GreenLeopard87

Postby GreenLeopard87 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:09 pm

I liked Stubbs design way better than this. This one reminds me of a weird elephant trunk. I also love delectable balls on a toy and those don't look appealing to me. They look like a weird butt... :psyduck:
Bakpakgrrl

Postby Bakpakgrrl » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:20 pm

GreenLeopard87 wrote: They look like a weird butt... :psyduck:

Now I can't stop seeing that :laugh:
My toybox overfloweth :misc12:....current toy count: 24
Currently selling a nice Large Echo in 5 here!
Currently selling an EE Reptilian and Monster Buck here!
Aether

Postby Aether » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:24 pm

I've been staying out of the MLP debacle, but I do want to add in that I'm not a fan of the whole promotion. If the art weren't a dead ringer for FiM, that would be one thing. BD could have done a more stylized pony without resorting to something this blatant. I preferred the "subtlety" of the color names and thought they were clever but this? Eeeehh... I don't think it's necessary to pander that closely to get these things to fly off the shelves. Call it a pony, stylize it, and the MLP fanbase will buy it.

But, enough of my negativity! If this thing didn't have the BD cutie mark (which makes me chuckle a little, I admit), I'd be handing BD my money in short order. I've been hoping for a shorter, thicker equine. This one looks like it would fit the bill perfectly!

Would be really great if BD could make a version of this (and Sugar Star ) that doesn't have the Cutie Mark. It just doesn't look right or aesthetically pleasing - cute in theory, sketchy design in practice. For people like me, who'd rather not associate this with MLP, it would be welcome. The cutie mark is just too MLP and I'd feel uncomfortable using the toy as-is. Without it, I can imagine something else much more easily.
pimo

Postby pimo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:28 pm

Aether wrote:If this thing didn't have the BD cutie mark (which makes me chuckle a little, I admit), I'd be handing BD my money in short order.

I ordered the toy already but I agree with this, it come across as a bit tacky and was the one thing that put me off.

"My fantasy" is supposed to be made real by these toys, and sorry BD but much as I love you, you're not in it ;)
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:31 pm

^ This was what I came back on here to ask.

I really don't give a flying frack about the whole MLP drama, but is the whole bad dragon logo going to be a thing for all new toys now, or is it just the MLP ones? Cos it's kinda off putting, not gunna lie.
Aether

Postby Aether » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:37 pm

Ha, yeah, the cutie mark really is my biggest problem with the toy itself. I wouldn't hesitate if there was no mark (and if I had the money). Actually, I'd think it would also be a problem for MLP fans too? Because if you have a specific MLP in mind when you purchase the toy, but it has this generic dragon head logo on it, I'd think it's a little offputting.

Not to mention the location of the mark doesn't make any sense for this guy. Slightly more sensible for Sugar Star, but still weird. Both audiences (for and against MLP toys) would quite possibly be happier without the cutie mark addition.
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Bakpakgrrl wrote:
GreenLeopard87 wrote: They look like a weird butt... :psyduck:

Now I can't stop seeing that :laugh:

more butts? like Crash's half knot butt?

anway. I think it is supposed to be like the ponies are made of rubber, cartoon beings, so smooth. like they are dolphin skin with velvety fur
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:46 pm

It's...er... Something about it seems 'off' to me, and not just the cutie mark.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Shiratori1

Postby Shiratori1 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:54 pm

Oh look, more selfish and entitled comments from people who are under no obligation to buy anything. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

Ultimately, I think that the toy is fine and I'm glad that BD isn't caving in to the complainers. Everyone has different tastes. Just accept it and enjoy what you like.
Foureight

Postby Foureight » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:58 pm

"That looks familiar..."
August 31st I drew [below] what was meant to be a mage/apothecary from another game, and uploaded it to the bd forums on Sept 1st.
Last edited by Foureight on Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Needs more FULL SPECTRUM.
I currently own:
► Show Spoiler
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:It's...er... Something about it seems 'off' to me, and not just the cutie mark.

I agree. It looks like a bottle to me. Really weird looking
DaveThePangolin

Postby DaveThePangolin » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Shiratori1 wrote:Oh look, more selfish and entitled comments from people who are under no obligation to buy anything. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

Not cool. Keep it civil, people.
anbread

Postby anbread » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:01 pm

Of course it looks shiny..it's a super smooth toy!
What do you expect the light reflecting off it to do.

pimo wrote: "My fantasy" is supposed to be made real by these toys, and sorry BD but much as I love you, you're not in it ;)

LOL
I hope they chill with the brands on toys. It's too cheesy
Mr. Green

Postby Mr. Green » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:08 pm

I'm not an insertable kind of guy, but having a company acknowledge the adult fandom like this is pretty cool. As for the people that dislike the art saying it's a cash grab or whatever... If it helps it sell well, why wouldn't they do it? It would be poor business sense otherwise. *Shrug*

I think the addition of the toy is fine. Although yeah, I can understand some people not liking it due to the lack of detail/texture. You could argue that it's purposefully simple, aiding in the smooth cartoony style, which a some people also like as well. It's also similar to several popular rule 34 depictions of the show, so they probably based it off of popular art. If it floats your boat...
Last edited by Mr. Green on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Nixsy_Kitty

Postby Nixsy_Kitty » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:16 pm

Wish it had that big cartoon vein running along the side. But a medium is something I would consider. Might be a good way to mildly test my current limits on length and width.

Very tempted to get with cumtube and also a rowan while I'm at it; but really should not right now :cry:
It is harder to preserve than to obtain liberty. -John Caldwell Calhoun
bisexual male; A cat who likes wolves....and hugs
Chubby_Bunny

Postby Chubby_Bunny » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:23 pm

Finally a horse toy without a oversized head and being way too long for me to use all the way :stick:
I think this is a great new addition to BD, people have been wanting a shaft based lengthy toy which isn't Chance, so here ya go~

I'm really liking the pony line up and I'm hoping BD is having more of these :3
Gender: Witch|Single|Owns 38 dongs|12 Eggs|Waiting on 2 more|Bottle caps collected: 6/9
keymaster

Postby keymaster » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:28 pm

Anyone else shipping Sugar Star x Bumble Hooves now? :stick:

I mean, they even have very similar backgrounds/stories...
goldlion

Postby goldlion » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:40 pm

reine wrote:Negative feelings towards MLP R34 aside, this product looks really... unpolished, I guess? It's so smooth and plastic-looking; it looks really cheap and unprofessional. Like, I'm almost expecting to find a seam on it somewhere.

Especially in metallics, like-- BD's metallics used to be really pretty, but now they look really lazy and make the toy look like it's poured in some kind of dollar store hard plastic (starin' at you in particular, li'l vibes).

Kage looked better in the Labs than he does as a product, imo, and the quality just keeps declining with each new model. ;; Makes me sad, honestly.

lilvibes are bound to look a little different as they're a way more firm silicone than the rest of bd toys. quality remains the same imo, but the design is odd, I'd for sure agree with you on that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image
toy list in the spoiler -
► Show Spoiler
anti-firm(8) 2015™
mated to a beautiful kitty boy <3
blckbird

Postby blckbird » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:44 pm

Design and promotional art of any toy is a big part of why I buy toys and if you're promoting it as a childish horse thing related to MLP or sort of copying off of it I'm really not going to be into it. I think the whole nonsense is a cop out and a way to give in to a cheap fetish; where is the originality that came with sleipnir, nox, vasu, chance...though some of those were lab designs. Plus the design looks rushed compared to those other toys. Just my opinion.

I'm just over the pony stuff in general

Return to “Old News”