Welcome to Neon Savannah!

Hop in the history machine, and visit where news goes when it's no longer... well, new! Here you can find past sales, old website updates, and discontinued product information.
Amaranthe

Re: Welcome to Neon Savannah!

Postby Amaranthe » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:46 am

Arumaeruma wrote:I don't know if anyone posted this, but there was a video review of this toy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvD-ANE ... e=youtu.be

I thought it was interesting how she talked about Bad Dragon sizing down their toys recently. The toy also looks a lot more unappealing in person than it does on the promo page. It's way too cartoony and boring looking for me.

I agree on it looking less appealing in person. It just looks so...plain? Unrefined? Apart from the marbling on hers, it doesn't look like a beautiful work of art, which is what I expect from BD designs. I know it's supposed to be cartoonish, but it misses the mark for me. I think the sizes, although smaller, make sense for a knotted toy. It seems very vaginal friendly! But, it's just not for me. :unamused: I'm glad that they're taking more size needs into account, even if this particular category doesn't appeal to me, though.

Also why is it always this girl that they send toys to for reviews? Nothing against her at all, but I'd like some variety! I guess it helps if you have tastes similar to her, so you can get a better idea of how the toy will work for you?
Dragoncatclem

Postby Dragoncatclem » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:09 am

Arumaeruma wrote:I don't know if anyone posted this, but there was a video review of this toy

I thought it was interesting how she talked about Bad Dragon sizing down their toys recently. The toy also looks a lot more unappealing in person than it does on the promo page. It's way too cartoony and boring looking for me.

Really tired of ruby rapture tbh :eyeroll: I had some interest in Austin, but shes so obnoxious to watch for me and repetitive and boring and fake (imo). Its probably the filter she uses on her videos but wow the toy does look a lot less interesting in the vid than in the photos. Just like a bigger, longer Chico honestly
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
Dragoncatclem

Postby Dragoncatclem » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:13 am

Austin is alright but Alice to me literally looks lazily done and like a coin slot. Or like a fleshlight u can buy for 20$. I get the cartoony thing, and I get that BD is probably trying to bring in a wider audience, but I wish that as they do this that they wont give their dedicated, original, long time customers the short end of the stick. I hope BD doesnt turn in to that stereotype of big business big bucks mainstream catering sorta type :/
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:13 am

Dragoncatclem wrote:Really tired of ruby rapture tbh :eyeroll: I had some interest in Austin, but shes so obnoxious to watch for me and repetitive and boring and fake (imo). Its probably the filter she uses on her videos but wow the toy does look a lot less interesting in the vid than in the photos. Just like a bigger, longer Chico honestly

After trying to finish watching the video (stopped to post my above comment), I have to agree with you. I didn't enjoy her other review videos much, and I found myself clicking through just to try to figure out what size toy she had. I looked back at all her other videos, and it was always the same thing: disorganized chattering about BD overall, disorganized chattering about the toy a little bit, followed by more disorganized chattering about sizing or something like that. Not a very good reviewer. :unamused:
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:20 am

Dragoncatclem wrote:

Really tired of ruby rapture tbh :eyeroll: I had some interest in Austin, but shes so obnoxious to watch for me and repetitive and boring and fake (imo). Its probably the filter she uses on her videos but wow the toy does look a lot less interesting in the vid than in the photos. Just like a bigger, longer Chico honestly

I haven't been able to watch any of her videos. I'm trying to take into consideration that I might just be being a jealous woman, but she does rub me the wrong way and I dislike how it feels like she's trying to be flirtatious with anyone watching the review. I get that sex sells and everything but I've seen a couple BD reviews on Youtube and they sell it like it might as well be a stereo system which.... if I were being honest, it's what I prefer. Give me specs, give me experience, give me unbiased opinions. Her "in exchange for an honest review" is where I stop watching every time because you know full well that she's going to ham it up at least a little. -Sighed.-
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:28 am

HungryStray wrote: :words:

I have hesitations for anyone who doesn't list the cons of a toy. Every toy has a con in one way or another. I just didn't like how much she was playing up how small the newer toys have been even though this has been a massive complaint. She's like "Yeah BD's been going smaller, which is great! It's wonderful for beginners!" I'm not trying to center out beginners, but idk after the Dragon Tech promo all of BD's promos have really fallen flat in terms of quality imo.
alphys

Postby alphys » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:32 am

Amaranthe wrote:
Dragoncatclem wrote: :words:

:words:

I have to agree with you there. Ruby Rapture's reviews are pretty much all the same; she talks painfully long about what Bad Dragon does, and talks about how the toy "feels good" without getting into much detail. I like learning about the little things with the toys, you know, what makes them unique. :eyeroll:
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:44 am

So, I've been thinking more about Alice. Despite the lack of clit and people saying it's like a coin slot, I think Alice is one of BD's better models in the past few releases. She doesn't have a fur texture, sure, but the attention to detail in the little butt pucker and pubic hair is something none of the other vaginas have.

I think Alice is BD's response to the common fleshlight user who thinks BD toys are too firm. They emphasized how your grip can really change the experience, which to me sounds like thinner walls that would be perceived as softer than the other toys in the lineup.

I still think they missed out by not offering a beige natural marble (like Lily) in homage to Lola from Space Jam. I'd also like to see a pearly white option! There are plenty of white rabbits (esp Playboy) in pop culture, imo.
ImageImage
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:46 am

Yes to all of the above. I love both of my toys, but even I can list something I don't like about each of them. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy them both a lot, because I do, but not every toy is going to be perfect. Give me details about how it feels! What makes it "feel good"? Texture, size, shape, firmness, trouble inserting, difference in experience based on different positions, cervix poking??? It's all relevant. Honestly, I think those who do reviews here in the forums almost always do a better job than these videos do. Maybe she's been chosen as the spokesperson to draw in new customers? Though, given the disorganized and uninformative nature of her reviews, the only thing they're really good for is seeing the toy "in person". :misc4: :unamused:
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:11 am

Jasmine wrote:So, I've been thinking more about Alice. Despite the lack of clit and people saying it's like a coin slot, I think Alice is one of BD's better models in the past few releases. She doesn't have a fur texture, sure, but the attention to detail in the little butt pucker and pubic hair is something none of the other vaginas have.

or the lack of because then people won't miss the color option?
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:00 pm

Couldn't agree with you guys more.
I never said anything before because...I wondered if it WAS just because I was jealous, but knowing you guys feel the same confirms it. xD

I wish BD would look to the forum users to send a toy and have us review it! I feel like this would be better because we are more in the loop than most people (no offense), and everyone here is SUPER cool and rational and doesn't need to put on that awful flirty facade. We'd get the facts out, plus it would be a nice little bonus to our community for supporting BD so much (We frequently post ideas, improvements, shared in all the joys, and many of us have rather large collections, or are getting there!)

The only drawback is...I'm afraid that it would cause kind of a cliquey-ness, or bad feelings towards one another :C
'Why does ____ get chosen for the free toy review and not me?'
Which makes me sad...but maybe can be avoided if BD is pretty fair about it and doesn't repeat pick reviewers. IDK, I'm just dreaming xD
Elli

Postby Elli » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:11 pm

Huh, I guess I'm the odd one out this time. I weren't especially impressed by the last Ruby Rapture review that I watched, Echo I think, but I actually liked this one. I thought it was engaging and decently informative even though her focus is on toys smaller than I prefer :mystery:
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:11 pm

I feel like if BD does send forums people toys for review they should only send toys to people who have reviewed toys before, therefor giving BD a reason to send them said toy and avoid the "Why does this person get a toy" issue.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:13 pm

Elli wrote:Huh, I guess I'm the odd one out this time. I weren't especially impressed by the last Ruby Rapture review that I watched, Echo I think, but I actually liked this one. I thought it was engaging and decently informative even though her focus is on toys smaller than I prefer :mystery:

Oh I agree, I thought her review on the fox had a lot more information than any of her previous ones, especially with how it feels in use. But I agree I would like some more variety, and I always like hearing what DOESN'T work about a toy for some people. I wish she focused on some of the things that might cause her issues.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:17 pm

Also, I just have to mention. While her reviews are not well done (imo) one thing that irks me is the self plug-in she does at the beginning. I mean, I started reviewing toys recently and the LAST thing I'd ever do on my site is plug in my furaffinity and commissions. It's just very unprofessional to me.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:20 pm

Vitani wrote:Couldn't agree with you guys more.
I never said anything before because...I wondered if it WAS just because I was jealous, but knowing you guys feel the same confirms it. xD

I wish BD would look to the forum users to send a toy and have us review it! I feel like this would be better because we are more in the loop than most people (no offense), and everyone here is SUPER cool and rational and doesn't need to put on that awful flirty facade. We'd get the facts out, plus it would be a nice little bonus to our community for supporting BD so much (We frequently post ideas, improvements, shared in all the joys, and many of us have rather large collections, or are getting there!)

The only drawback is...I'm afraid that it would cause kind of a cliquey-ness, or bad feelings towards one another :C
'Why does ____ get chosen for the free toy review and not me?'
Which makes me sad...but maybe can be avoided if BD is pretty fair about it and doesn't repeat pick reviewers. IDK, I'm just dreaming xD

While jealousy might be a small factor for all of us, I do think that it's the way she presents it. I certainly can admit to being jealous that she's gotten a toy for a review, and that's really all that was asked of her, but her presentation is.... lacking. I do like to entertain the thought of BD throwing us a free one now and then to review but I agree with what you said as well. I feel like if they did it here there might be too many hard feelings between us all and being the supportive and fun community that we are is our strong suit. Something that makes me a bit down though is that there had to be people that submitted their reviews to the blog site, though I can't say I've seen any but RR's one for Nocturne. To be honest I would like to see more done with the blog in general. I know that they get busy with promotions and things but perhaps they could hire on another person to handle some more articles and things?

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:33 pm

I agree with the above; I couldn't really get through one of her reviews, either. It was lacking, boring, and I... don't know; it was just painfully difficult to watch.

As for listing pros and cons, like was mentioned, some toys... there's just nothing wrong with 'em, from a personal prospective. I have a few toys that, to me, can "do no wrong". They feel perfect in every way and I can literally find nothing to complain about regarding them. However, that definitely isn't the case for every toy someone owns.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Elli

Postby Elli » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:00 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
Elli wrote: :words:

Oh I agree, I thought her review on the fox had a lot more information than any of her previous ones, especially with how it feels in use. But I agree I would like some more variety, and I always like hearing what DOESN'T work about a toy for some people. I wish she focused on some of the things that might cause her issues.

Tbh by now I think I've got a fair idea of how this toy will feel based on previous experience so I didn't reflect on it but had I been a first time buyer that would have made me a little hesitant. Hearing about what doesn't work for someone else is often pretty useful too, I agree. Though Rainbow Dasher had a point, some BD toys really are near perfect :laugh:

Still. Reviews that lack that balance between positive and negative, particularly for products received in return for that very same review, generally make me doubt the sincerity of the reviewer. That's true for any product or service, not just sex toys.
Willow

Postby Willow » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:34 pm

Ok, yeah I realize the problem I have with them. Cartoon-y. I realy didn't put two and two together of why I was so... unenthralled?
That's not a word? Merriam‑Webster would like to have a word with you.

Yeah, so cartoon-y. Didn't even know about Zootopia before this, but looking at the colors, yeah now I see it. They are less realistic or the fantastic colors... but there ya go: cartoon colors. I guess that appeals to some... and a broader audience. Not so... animal? That's what stops some people from getting their toes sticky, it squicks them out. But no ones thinks twice about boning bugs bunny in drag... he's not real!
Not sure about where they got "Poker Chip" from either.
Poker? I don't even know her!
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Willow wrote:Not sure about where they got "Poker Chip" from either.
Poker? I don't even know her!

This made me smile. Thank you for that.

Return to “Old News”