Welcome to Neon Savannah!

Hop in the history machine, and visit where news goes when it's no longer... well, new! Here you can find past sales, old website updates, and discontinued product information.
Phelvia

Re: Welcome to Neon Savannah!

Postby Phelvia » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:52 pm

To be fair, a few toys don't have a story/picture. (Though it might also be due to them being lab picks and not made by BD themselves). I truly do hope that BD isn't doing this just to appeal to a "wider range of people" (Kink.com) while yes I understand getting more customers is great...but at the expense of who you are?

Speaking of no character art on the page when you first click. Just checked Ridley's page and his gorgeous face isn't the image you see now. It's that 4th kind promo art that says "The Xenogon" while Ridley's art is thrown into the back of his gallery. :crying:

Not sure about recent toys being lazy. Bumblehooves had the same complaints about looking plain but then shortly afterwards we got a bunch of really neat Fallout toys. .....Hm... I am noticing though how BD isn't coming with their own characters and designs lately and instead is just taking characters from movies/games and slapping a character n toy for it on their site. I want unique content....please? It's nice n fine to do promos every so often for a game or movie but recently that's all there has been. Tracing back from Sugarstar (August 14th) to now, with the exception of the werewolf muzzle there has been no "original content" from BD. :unamused:

Come ooooon BD I wanna have a lab contest or please pick a toy from the labs that's been sitting there for AGES. There's def. some major toys I'd love to see them make that would fill many niches.

I love BD to bits but recently it's starting to just.... :mystery:
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:31 pm

Ok, so as uninterested as I am in these toys, I can understand why Bad Dragon is doing a Zootopia promo; business-wise, it's too good an opportunity to pass up. I mean, the fact that we saw the whole 'fox insertable' and 'bunny penetrable' release from a mile away says that. Though I do feel the toys could have been designed a little better, I suppose they are simplistic for the reason that they're based on a cartoon.

In terms of the whole 'BD losing originality and only doing pop-culture-themed toys', I think there's just been too much potential recently. I was very pleased to see Bumblehooves and Sugarstar turn up; I am a brony after all and figured it'd only be a matter of time, what with how popular MLP and the brony fandom is. The Fallout-themed toys were both beautifully designed, yeah we got a deathclaw dick but Roland was pretty damn original IMO and the 'Wasteland wanderer' character was just the side story/ art and didn't really reflect much on the toy itself.

What happens, though, if we go 6 months without any new movies or games featuring any interesting anthro characters or monsters? What then; will Bad Dragon only ever make toys based on pop-culture references from now on, and so be forced to make some superhero or humanistic toy in the absence of popular franchise releases featuring non-human characters, or make something downright obscure?

In all fairness, MLP, Fallout 4 and Zootopia are all hugely popular and have made big news, and I figure Jurassic World gave BD a good excuse/ opportunity to make dinosaur-themed toys, which we didn't have anyway. BD made Nox waay back when HTTYD was big, right? It's probably just a phase. Or at least I hope so.

:nerdy:
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:33 pm

we get to pretend they are offical sex toys for the movies?
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
JuQQe

Postby JuQQe » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:38 am

Well crap. I'm in a dilema. I want the new fox toy (I'd rather have a vixen penetrable, but ih well). My body says yes, my wallet says no and my brain says kinda. I already have my Noxes, so buying others insertables isn't really on my wishlist.
I would like to buy a new penetrable, but this new bunny thing.... EHhhhhhhh.. dunno if that really is my choice.. lol
Image ImageMangle and Foxy ImageImage
Dragoncatclem

Postby Dragoncatclem » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:10 pm

stuck-on-the-knot1 wrote:
3TK wrote:In-case people didn't notice, BD posted this on Twitter. (Picture of the "swag" posted below from the Twitter if you don't want to click the link.)

I guess if you buy a Neon Savannah item you have a chance to get some extra thing. (This includes buying an Austin, Tyson, or Alice.)

UGHHHHHHH WHY AREN'T THESE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE?! I would buy those magazines in a heartbeat! :excited:

Because then people would be buying the magazines rather than the much more expensive toys (even though they'd probably get more selling them, since not all of us can afford a toy right now :unamused:) But maybe they are too scared to directly sell them bc copyright
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
Dragoncatclem

Postby Dragoncatclem » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:13 pm

Phelvia wrote:To be fair, a few toys don't have a story/picture. (Though it might also be due to them being lab picks and not made by BD themselves). I truly do hope that BD isn't doing this just to appeal to a "wider range of people" (Kink.com) while yes I understand getting more customers is great...but at the expense of who you are?

Speaking of no character art on the page when you first click. Just checked Ridley's page and his gorgeous face isn't the image you see now. It's that 4th kind promo art that says "The Xenogon" while Ridley's art is thrown into the back of his gallery. :crying:

Come ooooon BD I wanna have a lab contest or please pick a toy from the labs that's been sitting there for AGES. There's def. some major toys I'd love to see them make that would fill many niches.

Thiisss. This is pretty much exactly how I feel
"Do not compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter ten" - Unknown :misc2:
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:18 pm

Dragoncatclem wrote:
Phelvia wrote:To be fair, a few toys don't have a story/picture. (Though it might also be due to them being lab picks and not made by BD themselves). I truly do hope that BD isn't doing this just to appeal to a "wider range of people" (Kink.com) while yes I understand getting more customers is great...but at the expense of who you are?

Thiisss. This is pretty much exactly how I feel

Thirding. I mentioned this a few days ago on the Bad Dragon Banter thread, and basically got told 'Oh, but they ARE original toys!'
Like...yeah I get they designed a toy...but it's off a rip off of an existing character that is a very blatant and clear attempt at money grabbing by trying to appeal to pop culture groups. Bleh.

Like I said before...I loved Bad Dragon for it's originality. Now it's just parroting back everything thats constantly thrown in my face in commercials and ads. Annoying.
Layne27

Postby Layne27 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:43 am

For anyone interested here's how my Austin came:

Little poster backs:
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:43 pm

Layne27 wrote:For anyone interested here's how my Austin came:

That is so cool! Can you do some pictures of the inside of the Magazine please?
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:44 pm

I'm curious if it's a real magazine, or if it's just a one page thing, to put with orders, just to be cute.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Layne27

Postby Layne27 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:48 pm

There actually isn't an inside, its just one page, front and back.
But here's a better picture of the front to read

I just realized, I wonder what happens when you scan that QR code?
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:52 pm

Layne27 wrote:I just realized, I wonder what happens when you scan that QR code?

Scan it and see, of course! :widesmile:
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Hailfall

Postby Hailfall » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:53 pm

Just links to the site :)
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:55 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Layne27 wrote:I just realized, I wonder what happens when you scan that QR code?

Ooh, I didn't notice the QR code at first! I wonder if it just takes you to the BD Neon Savanna merchandise page, or something more interesting? Also lol at "heartbreaking new discovery: Moko may be gone!"
Layne27

Postby Layne27 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:59 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:

Ooh, I didn't notice the QR code at first! I wonder if it just takes you to the BD Neon Savanna merchandise page, or something more interesting? Also lol at "heartbreaking new discovery: Moko may be gone!"

Yea that one got a little chuckle. I want to know Eldens relationship tips!
Also yea, the qr code just takes you to the main site page
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:13 pm

Layne27 wrote: :words:

I laughed at the "Moko is gone" article, salt in the wounds LOL
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:22 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
Layne27 wrote: :words:

I laughed at the "Moko is gone" article, salt in the wounds LOL

Yeah, that was pretty mean. Poor Moko lol! :laugh:
Also, I'm not sure what 'gone' is supposed to imply... :nerdy:
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler
dasadevil
Moon Moon

Postby dasadevil » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:17 pm

As you guys have figured out, we've added some stuff to the website :) Enjoy
Willow

Postby Willow » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:20 pm

50 pages about Razors past? Jesus!
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
kt~

Postby kt~ » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:22 pm

Oh! I like the shirts!
What is the sizing, women's, men's, or unisex?
Is there a size chart?
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection

Return to “Old News”