The Oriental - Vote in BD labs!

Have an idea for a new toy, or want more detailed feedback on your Labs design? You're in the right place! Feel free to share and discuss new ideas here.
per haps!

Re: The Oriental (feedback wanted)

Postby per haps! » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Foxfire wrote:Even the adjusted version a page back is still too pointy for you? This reminded me to edit the original post, so people are seeing the latest design and not the older one.

Ooh, thanks for the update---I had originally thought this was too pointy too, but the blunter one looks really nice. Hope I'll be able to vote for it soon!
Toys with a medium (8) Flared Chance with cumtube, a small (8) Cockatrice, an 8 Dragon's Tongue with metallic gold highlight, a medium (3) Xar, a small (5) Razor, an XL (8) Winston's Tail, a large (5) Legacy Drippy Dragon and a Chico.
Things for trade or sale

I can be slow about reading PMs---don't take it personally :)
Avatar courtesy of MadKeith, and it gets better.
Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:41 am

Bagheera wrote:I actually never heard anything about your design being scraped - but then again, I don't really hear much, so don't take my word for it.

Just FYI my design is also being moved under BD Labs rather than a mainline release. I think our designs are different enough that they won't compete against one another. If you are still interested in having this made, I do strongly suggest that you keep an eye out for news regarding the BD Labs.

I don't want to name names in case of any potential issues with that, but twice I was told it was confirmed to be made mainline, and then twice told that wasn't the case anymore. Then Varka said all "confirmed for production" designs no longer were and everything would have to go through BD labs, though I can't remember where the post is so can't link.

I know, I've been watching, I like your design. :) I don't think they'd compete in that sense, but wasn't it that from each BD labs round a single design would be chosen? It seems an almost given with all the support that yours will be picked first, and then the Wyvern seems pretty popular.

We'll see, maybe sometime soon I'll have time to do some art for this, since I think BD labs would like that and it would be nice to have some say in what the character looks like. =)
Kith

Postby Kith » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:45 am

As far as I know, nobody's said how many would be chosen per round... I think Varka's waiting to say since multiple designs may garner a lot of attention and be viable from the company's perspective.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm

I was assuming one, maybe two, per round just due to how much work would be involved in producing them. But this design still seems less popular than a bunch of others, so even with multiple designs picked it could be a while before it was chosen, if ever.

I wonder if it would be too thin for a cumtube, or misshapen for a suction cup? It would be nice to have at least the latter. Still need to work out a single most ideal size for BD labs as well.
Bagheera
Bad Dragon Forums Moderator

Postby Bagheera » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Foxfire wrote:I know, I've been watching, I like your design. :) I don't think they'd compete in that sense, but wasn't it that from each BD labs round a single design would be chosen? It seems an almost given with all the support that yours will be picked first, and then the Wyvern seems pretty popular.

I am not too sure about it myself, but even if that were the case, I don't see the point of giving up on your design - if it takes a few rounds for them to get to it, they still get to it, right?

I think the bottom line is whether or not you, as the designer of the toy, still want it made. If so, I say get the written materials in order and join the votes! :)
Coming Soon: The Fruit of Lórien
Lórien Artworks: Official Artwork Thread
~Let knowledge and intellect guide our wisdom, so long as dreams and imagination guide our hearts~
Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:08 am

I'm not giving up on it, there's just less incentive to work on it (art, etc) after being told repeatedly it was and then wasn't, and when there doesn't seem to be a large amount of interest compared to other things. The original overly long stabby model probably put a lot of people off, and it was up so long that even though it's altered now, most probably wouldn't look at the thread again to see :P

The 3D model can't be updated anymore either since Athus did it, and I can't use Z-Brush, so the altered images here are as much as I can provide already in that aspect. There doesn't really seem much more to say or do right now!
MorbidWolfess

Postby MorbidWolfess » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:24 pm

MorbidWolfess wrote:I would want the tip to be a little.. blunter. I don't wanna be speared. Other then that, its a beautiful design

Even the adjusted version a page back is still too pointy for you? This reminded me to edit the original post, so people are seeing the latest design and not the older one.[/quote]

Yes, I like the edited one.
<3 Would definitely buy.
No love, no appreciation, no nothin! BLAH!!!!!
View my art! http://www.morbidwolfess.deviantart.com

Bad Dragon Addict
Morbid Wolfess
Currently OWNED:
Razor the Doberman
The GryphonThe Ridgeback
Excitedly Awaiting
?Bruiser?The?Fusion?
Duke The Bad Dragon
Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:12 am

Just posting to prevent this from being marked as Abandoned, as it's been almost six months since the last reply, and according to the Ideas Database thread that's how long it takes for an idea to be marked as such.

I haven't really bothered with updates such as artwork and so forth, as there doesn't seem to be much progress with the BD labs idea, so there doesn't seem a need to do much right now. Maybe one day.
IsisKitsune

Postby IsisKitsune » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:16 am

They need to downplay the timeline for "Abandoned" project due to the fact that we keep hearing about the 'glory that is BD labs' and seeing no results for it...
In closing, I still want this toy as it stands. No changes needed
Advertise here, only contact on Feb 30th of any year
Solid gold ThingAMaGig for sale $1,000,000
May the all powerful Flying Spaghetti Monster smile upon you
What's a sig for again?
Checklist
Buying, selling and trading toys
Waiting On:
Nothing
AngelGrey

Postby AngelGrey » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:52 am

My very first thought was "ridges like the Breeder kinda" but there are so many more of them and and and... I'd totally buy this.
• Toys for sale!Medium Female Firmness Packer & Medium Basilisk Sheath
• Current Toys: Small Soft Vergil : Small Medium Elden : Damn Average Mini Chubbs : Natasha
Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:34 am

Again, just dropping in to post and make sure this won't get marked as Abandoned anytime soon. Nothing really to update since people seemed happy with the modified design and BD labs still isn't running, so I don't really want to make artwork etc. until that happens.
Lainodel

Postby Lainodel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:08 am

I love this toy idea! there is a lot of texture going on and I love the idea of it being a thiner toy. you guys have a lot of small toys that for some girls *chough looks like mediums or larges! my xeno toy small is well small but TMI its full knot was almost too big! I have work at it for my other toys but . It would be great for some of the size to be a little more um "Asian" friendly.
Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:47 am

Long time, no see, thread! I did a few more things ages ago but never got back to updating, so let's get straight to it.

Edited the 3D render images to show the finalised edits. As I don't have the 3D file and it was Athus who did it, they had to be repainted rather than remodeled. BD labs says it required a 3D render-is that just for the views, or do they need an actual file? If the latter then I'm going to need another 3D modeler. Anyway, edited:

eastern__edited.jpg

Rough idea of colours that could be nice:

eastern__coloured2.jpg
eastern__coloured2.jpg (101.41 KiB) Viewed 2496 times

So since the above is done, most important (and final?) thing-choose a size! Lets say size from tip to the end of the cock, basically the total insertable length, and ignore the base for now.

When that's decided I'll post some (admittedly rather old) artwork as incentive, then submit it whenever the next round is open. Still to fully read up on how it works.

Edit: Oh yeah, after all this time I'm slightly warming up to the idea of "Eastern dragon" instead of "Oriental". The latter is more exotic sounding, but the former is maybe better for a wider audience? So opinions on that are fine too.
Foxfire

Re: The Oriental - choose a size!

Postby Foxfire » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:42 pm

A week later, and no replies, even though there are a few hundred more views-is this not interesting to people anymore? No thoughts, opinions, etc at all? I'd rather not pull a random number out of my ass (hurr) for the useable length if I'm to submit this to the labs, but there's not much to work with here. :P
Foxfire

Re: The Oriental - choose a size!

Postby Foxfire » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:44 pm

Last post from me - I just submitted the idea to BD labs, so it should show up soon. If anyone is still interested (especially you lurkers that can't or won't post) then go over and have a look, maybe even give it a vote if you like it. ;)

https://labs.bad-dragon.com/idea/view/428
ravingsockmonkey

Re: The Oriental - Vote in BD labs!

Postby ravingsockmonkey » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:35 pm

I like it! Nice length, good taper, some potentially gentle ribbing... I was happy to see it show up in the labs. :)

The top ribbing looks more pronounced than the bottom, is that so? I'm glad if it is.
Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:12 am

Thanks! I updated it once more, probably for the last time. The newest image/s are in the OP. It was shortened by one ridge in length, and some ridges were toned down a bit more, though that would be better to do on a 3D model rather than redrawing. Still waiting for it to show back up in the labs now.

Oh, and I settled on a "character"/name if it ever made it to a mainline release, as they're all character based-it will be "Kouryuu the Eastern Dragon". :) ILeaving the thread as is in regard to that, but I'll probably update the labs page to reflect it, just waiting until it actually shows up again.
ravingsockmonkey

Postby ravingsockmonkey » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:00 pm

I like the changes! It would be nice to see some more long and slim toys. :3
Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Sorry for the bump, but... can anyone still see my submission in the labs? I noticed a similarly named design show up today, so was curious to see how far back my own design was, and... it isn't showing at all. I can sort via New, Feedback, etc and it doesn't appear anywhere. It's the same regardless of whether I'm logged in or not. I can click My Ideas and see it, but it doesn't show up if I use a direct link when not logged in, such as that in the OP.

Also, I was pretty consistently getting one or two feedback every other day, until 25 days ago, and haven't had any since. So maybe it hasn't been viewable for a while? It isn't under review or anything.

I sent a ticket, but no idea how long it will take to get a response.
Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:09 am

Apparently that was what happened! There was no "waiting for approval" (or whatever it was exactly) like there was the first time I edited it, so it appeared completely fine, it just wasn't viewable.

Any lurkers (or members!) can go check it out again now. :) With the loss of the old design Xenogon, the spot for long and thin toys seems to have gotten bigger. Also, I think the BD lab designs become the medium sizes if they're made into proper ones? Which would make this a good beginner/intermediate toy too, pretty small and thin. Noodly even :P

Return to “Toys: Ideas and Suggestions”