Gift Horse, Equine Oral toy

Have an idea for a new toy, or want more detailed feedback on your Labs design? You're in the right place! Feel free to share and discuss new ideas here.
qwertyhero

Re: Gift Horse, Equine Oral toy

Postby qwertyhero » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:20 pm

So something i have be struggling with is the texture of the outside.
A lot of people want to see an external fur texture, but in my opinion horses faces are quite smooth, obviously there is hair, but it is so short that it isnt really noticeable.

Could i get some feed back about how to tackle this aesthetic issue?
Defiant

Postby Defiant » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Personally I'd do something small and subtle. Having something entirely smooth wouldn't quite fit; I'm thinking maybe something like what's on Fenrir's base:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Proud owner of 293(!) toys - viewtopic.php?f=126&t=3564&start=440#p985131

I buy a lot of my toys secondhand! If you're curious about those I've done business with, I have a list on my profile. Feel free to PM me with any questions about the toys I own or my secondhand experiences!
qwertyhero

Postby qwertyhero » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:08 pm

yeah, i like that and once attempted it but it looked strange, more like wrinkles than fur.
but i have gotten better since then so i will give it another shot.
Nixsy_Kitty

Postby Nixsy_Kitty » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:15 am

You know the fur around a horse's mouth may not always be completely uniform. Like around the nose. Some horses do have long whiskers. Maybe a few dimples on the upper lip, veins running alongside the length of the mouth and on top the outline whatever shaped spot you think looks good. A number of horses have a long upside triangle or other type of spot which is probably white with a fur outline.

Also, there are wrinkles betweens the nostrils. Maybe the transition between actual wrinkles and fur outlines would look good in design. I think for a rubber toy I would prefer the vague depiction of fur texture than trying to spread it throughout. There is no good way to replicate the tactile feel of fur on rubber (without actually putting fur over it). So I would pick the areas which you think are good to have and not have texture.

btw I would not mind seeing more pronounced, more natural nostrils (not an absolute replica). But that's my personal thing.
It is harder to preserve than to obtain liberty. -John Caldwell Calhoun
bisexual male; A cat who likes wolves....and hugs
qwertyhero

Postby qwertyhero » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:42 am

Small update:
I have someone who is going to be testing the toy. It was made using a 3d printed mold (like the one from the other thread i posted about this toy). So, soon they should have it and will review it. They may start a thread and if so they or I will link it here, other wise I will share their comments here.
qwertyhero

Postby qwertyhero » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Also, adding hair texture is hard:
Attachments
ZBrush Document.jpg
Tazzay

Postby Tazzay » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:56 pm

qwertyhero wrote:Also, adding hair texture is hard:

I hurt my nose from snorting so hard xD
qwertyhero

Postby qwertyhero » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:45 pm

I aim to please
verskaizi

Postby verskaizi » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:06 pm

Haha! That's hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, qwertyhero. I hope things go well with texturing for the hair on the model. 3D modeling seems quite difficult but very fun. :D
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:06 pm

Oh my goodness, right onto the tongue and everything. :laugh:
Legitimately, though, fur is such a pain to sculpt sometimes.
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
qwertyhero

Postby qwertyhero » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:21 am

Ok guys, I finished coloring, and texturing the model.
I am really optimistic that this is the final form of the Gift Horse that will one day be featured on BD:
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:23 am

qwertyhero wrote:Ok guys, I finished coloring, and texturing the model.
I am really optimistic that this is the final form of the Gift Horse that will one day be featured on BD:

ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
Hiruandan

Postby Hiruandan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:38 pm

qwertyhero wrote:Ok guys, I finished coloring, and texturing the model.

Useless as a Lantern at Noon Image
Chibity is love Chibity is life

Toys owned:
:excited: Image Image :laugh:
shadowedember

Postby shadowedember » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Hey Guys!

So I had the wonderful opportunity to test the Gift Horse oral toy, and am so happy that I did. The design of the toy is aethetically pleasing, and very pleasurable. Instead of just lauding it endlessly as I would love to do, I am going to jump into the pro's and cons of this toy.

PROS:
well balanced - the toy has a good weight, but isnt uncomfortable at all to hold.
Looks great - While it may not be as extravagant as some of BD's offerings, I find it akin to the dragoness muzzle in style. sleek, and sexy
Inside - There are 3 distinct areas to the toy. the inner mouth, the "drop" and the "throat". The textures of the inner mouth are great, and with good lube, the sounds made by just using this area alone are appealing. The "drop was the part of the toy I anticipated the most before I tried it, and it did not disappoint. It was incredibly tight, though not in an uncomfrtable sense, and set a good stage for throaty entrance.

I have tried the toy in reverse, and its pleasurable, but nowhere near as good as its intended direction.

Cons:
This is really limited for me, and mostly due to me using a prototype.

I am not huge, but I am slightly above average in the length dept. With the prototype being shorter than the original model, I did end up being too long for the toy. HOWEVER, seeing as the original design called for another 2 inches, I think it would be the perfect size.

If I had to nitpick, the tongue is really the only thing I would change. I would not remove it, as it is enjoyable to see, and is a nice bonus to play with, but with it being pointed, it made it difficult to run the tongue from the base of the shaft to the tip. I would suggest maybe rounding it a bit in the future, and maybe making it slightly wider and curved up on the sides to cradle she shaft.

I would LOVE to see BD pick this toy up and make it official. We have the butt, we have two equine plots, its time to round out the collection!
qwertyhero

Postby qwertyhero » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:19 pm

Really need to get this hair texture down right. Not going to lie I will be rather upset if BD releases their own equine oral toy because mine wasn't textured.
qwertyhero

Postby qwertyhero » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:41 pm

It has been a while since i did any work on the model. Here is an update on the eternal struggle known as The Gift Horse.

By request, I have altered the tongue to be less pointed, a little shorter, and with a curve to the sides. This is roughly the shape i expect to be in the final version, but i still have some clean up work to do on it. Also, the re-shaping process destroyed all detail and texturing on the tongue, so I will need to redo that.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Now, many many many people have wanted a fur texture on the outside. As you may know, i have struggled with the fur texture. I have found a nice way to create a good fur texture and am now just trying to figure out how to make it look nice. This is mainly an issue of "how much fur goes where"

4.jpg

I will be trying to get everything cleaned up on the computer and will run a final model past you guys. If this thread is happy with the end result, I will update the submission on BD Labs.
Zombiehorse287

Postby Zombiehorse287 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:50 am

You should totally add a halter to that muzzle. It would help with outside texture and give it something to grip. :stick:
Attachments
lg-81829-64433K-black-horse.jpg
lg-81829-64433K-black-horse.jpg (29.42 KiB) Viewed 2356 times
My babies:
► Show Spoiler

“Comparison is the thief of joy” – Theodore Roosevelt
hooooonk
qwertyhero

Postby qwertyhero » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:26 am

that is actually a good idea, I'll have to test it on the model, but I am not sure how everyone will feel about it.
Any feed back from other follower on a halter?
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:26 am

I think a halter would look good on it! It would make even more unique! Plus Mary is wearing a halter with bit in her product picture so :stick:
(Sorry the picture is so big)
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
Goliogon

Postby Goliogon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:39 am

The idea is great, and though I may not have the proper equipment to use penetrables, I love it! Horses always need more love. :misc2:

I notice you're going for an anthro look, but have you considered an alternative 'toony' design in MLP style? Something a bit smoother and simpler? I can imagine a pony design would also be very popular! Just an idea; either way, an equine oral toy would be a great addition to the toy lineup!
֍Bad Dragon Addict ֍Aspiring Furry Artist ֍Avatar: TLA Fan ֍Happily Mated
Check out my reviews!: Flint (Mini 5 + Small 5)

Click to see toys owned/ wanted...
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Toys: Ideas and Suggestions”