Kage the Anomaly

Have an idea for a new toy, or want more detailed feedback on your Labs design? You're in the right place! Feel free to share and discuss new ideas here.

Most desired change! (From Version 4.0)

Longer
16%
Shorter
1%
More girth
16%
Skinnier
6%
Change to the curve
4%
Change to the knot
7%
Change to the texture
5%
Nothing - Looks great!
47%

Total votes: 103
Chibity

Kage the Anomaly

Postby Chibity » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:01 am

UPDATE:

Kage has made it through the Labs Contest and is on his way to becoming a real Bad Dragon product! Thank you so much for your endless support, it means an incredible amount to me. Look forward to Kage in the near future!

Contest: https://labs.bad-dragon.com/contest/view/14

DOUBLE UPDATE:

The near future is now here, and you can purchase Kage today!

Product Page: http://bad-dragon.com/products/kage

VERSION 4.0 (Most recent version)

Bad Dragon Labs: https://labs.bad-dragon.com/idea/view/1354

Howdy-doo, Bad Dragon forums! I’m looking for some feedback on my design, Kage the Anomaly. I imagine like any first-time submissions, there will always be lots of room for improvement, so what sort of things would you like to see in this toy? Longer, shorter, girthy, skinnier? It was my intention to play around with the idea of a uniquely shaped knot and settled on a spiral to compliment the overall creature design. But aside from that, he has a lot of features that I imagine might tickle some people’s fancy.

For one, the nubs on the head double as an incentive for oral, and were intentionally placed underneath the head in order to lay with one’s tongue. The ridges are of no particular surprise, but the bumpy underside protruding from the shaft’s folds allow the ridges to protrude deeper without actually sticking out very far. And of course, a lengthy narrow end to guarantee a solid knotting.

The Anomaly is rather inspired by elements of existing designs that I came to enjoy, such as Fenrir’s knot, Nox’s head, and the shape of the Ridgeback’s ridges. Altogether, he’s sure to please, but I’d like to know what sort of changes could possibly make the experience better!

Thanks for giving him a look, any bit of feedback helps!

Got some colour ideas for Kage? Want to see how your favorite palletes might look on him? Feel free to play around with a template in Photoshop, Sai, or whatever you prefer, and share!

Template in .PNG, .SAI, and .PSD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xks3slv63kjx7dn/KageTemplate.rar

---------------------------------

UPDATE: Painted and gloss finished plastic 3D Print

Last edited by Chibity on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:39 am, edited 32 times in total.
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
DaVinci678

Re: Kage the Anomaly

Postby DaVinci678 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:31 am

Hello. First time post so bear with my terribly appropriate spelling and grammar. I actually really enjoy this design. The base seems sturdy enough for proper knotting and keeping it in place. I know the spiral is an aesthetic choice but i wonder if overall it would add to or detract from the experience. It certainly adds more texture however, so I will vote in a more positive direction. Are the nubs on the tip terribly crucial to the experience? I'm unfortunately very new to Bad Dragon and haven't much experimentation in the oral direction but wonder if someone more experienced might have more of an opinion on this subject? Overall though I love the design, and the ridging is very varied, like something new and interesting is occurring every new inch on this thing. It certainly has my vote of confidence. Color me intrigued ^.^
Praise the Sun!

Vote 4 Kage! https://labs.bad-dragon.com/idea/view/1110
Take a look! Please vote and feel free to leave constructive criticism to help improve the design!
Aazhie

Postby Aazhie » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:11 pm

I think I would buy this one, albiet in a small because I am a wuss with knots. My only real consideration for changing is maybe tip the point back a little further? (Think Ridgeback, or desi the orca) Mostly because it will be amazing for G spot +P stim if it's angled back a wee bit more.

I like all my nubbed toys, so I'd vote for keeping them! I think it looks pretty but also really fun to use
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Aye, it could easily be tilted some more! As it is right now, the tip itself seems to curve back, but it actually lines up completely with the ridges in the shaft. It's aaaall an illusion~ Same with the depth of the underside ridges, since they sink inwards before going back out. So as intense as the surface might look, its currently pretty straightforward.

I had another source of feedback who commented on the nubs on the head (for oral in particular) and he wondered if too much curve in the head would make it tougher on people's gag reflexes. I suppose it's all about finding a happy middle ground for both G/P-Spot simulation and for those who like a little oral fantasy.

With enough feedback I'll definitely pull out a Version 2.0 of the design and see how that goes. For now, additional curve will be added.
ImageImage Image
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:48 pm

VERSION 2.0

https://labs.bad-dragon.com/idea/view/1110

After receiving plenty of feedback on the Anomaly’s current design, I went ahead and made some changes to the overall shape. Are they fitting changes, or is the original preferred? Thanks for taking the time to check him out, and super thanks to those that leave comments with their votes, it helps a lot!

Change list (from tip to base):
- Head tip softened greatly for more comfortable vaginal use
- Overall shaft lengthened and inflated in the middle
- Shaft/head curved backwards so the head is aligned with the knot rather than the shaft
- Underside nubs extended a little bit more
- Length under the knot thinned closer to the base

And as a bonus, here are some possible colour fades and names!

Last edited by Chibity on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage Image
Lore

Postby Lore » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:32 am

Oh I really like this one, the base looks like it would knot pretty well vaginally and the design is gorgeous. I'm just worried I'd be to big for me.
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:17 am

Here here! As it is right now, my main focus on the toy is to confirm what sort of shape would be best for it, and then any tweaks to size can be done afterwards just by changing a few numbers. As we can see, the second version of the toy did get 'longer', but instead of the actual toy going from a usable length of 6.5 to 7.0, I'd rather scale down the whole thing to meet the same usable length. I'd like to keep it at 6.5 unless there's a considerable amount of feedback from the female end of the spectrum.

Is 6.5 too long for y'all? I'm able to take my Terra vaginally, and he's the exact same length, and his knot is even larger than this (2.5!). Mind you, I can't see my parts taking anymore than that, and it's quite a patience driving game to make it even happen. And it doesn't get any easier because Terra doesn't get skinnier, ever, nope.

But Kage does. Actually, he has a whole inch of skinny under the knot, meaning the bulk of the toy is just 5.5", and then you've got 1" after the knot to rest on. Is that still too long for some ladies? That's actually going to be some pretty valuable information for me to know! OuO

SO BIG QUESTION TO THE LADIES!

Do these measurements work for you, or should he be shrunk down? The girth measurements could be compared best to a Small Karabos with an 1" more length overall, and space after the knot.

Diameter of Head: 1.4"
Diameter of Shaft: 1.8"
Diameter of Knot: 2.2"
Diameter after Knot: 1.2"
Length from Head to Knot: 5.5"
Length after Knot: 1"
Total usable length: 6.5"
Total toy length: 7.5"
ImageImage Image
Lore

Postby Lore » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:53 am

5.5 I believe I can take, though I'd need to do some measuring to be sure. I don't know about others though, I know vaginas are notorious for being tricky when it comes the length.
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:01 pm

Indeed they are, especially when it's 50% experience and 50% actually being aroused enough to take more. Sometimes the body just doesn't cooperate and you're left needing something shorter. Which for a knotting toy, it really demands that you take the knot or it's kind've unfulfilling and/or uncomfortable.

So we'll just see what others think~ :stick:
ImageImage Image
Lore

Postby Lore » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:53 pm

Yeah, darn anatomy being such a pain! xD Hopefully more people will throw their 2 cents in.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:12 pm

If you're making the comparison to a Small Xar for the knot, I'm a bit worried about how it will stand with the shaft being so much thinner afterwards. That's a pretty hefty knot for the inexperienced toyer- if you got an 8 for it to stand upright, it would probably be too hard for it be take-able. Otherwise it would be too top heavy. Those ridges on the back look amazing, by the way! I'm not sure how cleanly they'll be able to do the swirl, but it's a lovely idea.

I would personally suggest making the area beneath the knot wider for stability. You could still get a good tie if there's enough space between the base and the knot- maybe you could add more space there if you don't want to work with the dimensions of the knot itself.

Just a thought- the knot could be like the Mandrake, where it could get larger with different sizes- maybe you could make a smaller knot for the small size so the tiny toyers and the size queens could all be happy. :stick:
ImageImage
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:46 pm

First I'd just like to say this design looks awesome :) lots of detail and ridges, grooves, nubs, etc everything you'd want in just the right spots. The spirals look really neat too, if BD ever made this it'd be awesome to see if they could pull that off, I don't see too much reason why not.

From a male anal perspective the tilt on the tip looks great, dimensions look perfect for an experienced beginner to intermediate level. It's probably safe to assume you only have one size to work with but if it was ever available in multiple sizes there's plenty of room for size queens and a smaller version as well but it seems to be a great middleground. What I like most is that is has the textures, the head tilt, and plenty of room below the knot and it's hard to find one among the current models (in my opinion) that covers all of those bases so smoothly.

I'd say 6.5 seems just fine for length, not too long or short. As far as any changes, possibly make the shaft below the knot slightly wider, maybe 1.1 or 1.2? I think this would make it a little smoother for riding and pulling back up after the knot without compromising snugness, and also make it a little steadier if top heaviness is ever an issue. Only other worry is the ridges on the back. They look like they'd feel awesome but for an 8 firmness I'm not sure if that would be uncomfortable or not? You'd have to hear feedback from others with firm highly textured toys but they do seem to stick out a little.

Keep up the awesome work I'll be watching this one :smile:
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Jasmine wrote:I would personally suggest making the area beneath the knot wider for stability. You could still get a good tie if there's enough space between the base and the knot- maybe you could add more space there if you don't want to work with the dimensions of the knot itself.

I guess this is coming from my personal preference of manually holding/thrusting the toy rather than sitting on it, but I can see how his stability might be an issue now that he’s got much more of a curve to him. Ideally, I’d want to find out how skinny it can possibly be (and still work for most people) because after my experience with other knot-toys, I’ve grown a need for something that actually solidly stays put. Like a total plug, with as much relaxation on the entrance as possible, for longer periods of holding without discomfort.

Jasmine wrote:Just a thought- the knot could be like the Mandrake, where it could get larger with different sizes- maybe you could make a smaller knot for the small size so the tiny toyers and the size queens could all be happy. :stick:

That’s a REALLY good idea, Jasmine! Making the knot grow exponentially more than the rest of the toy with each size upgrade. So the dimensions of his ‘small’ size would be quite easy to take, like a Vergil, but as you go up, it becomes more robust compared to the rest of the shaft, for those that want that challenge. Plus, then he could be shortened at his small size for beginner knotting, AND his larger sizes could have a widened base after the knot so the XLs actually stand up. It’s all a very great idea, though of course, one that would demand a full-release instead of just a one-size. It’s a ‘down the road if it ever happens’ sort of idea, but one that I can totally get behind on. Until then, we need to see how well we can fit everyone’s desires in a single size~

AlphaBlue wrote:Only other worry is the ridges on the back. They look like they'd feel awesome but for an 8 firmness I'm not sure if that would be uncomfortable or not? You'd have to hear feedback from others with firm highly textured toys but they do seem to stick out a little.

You got it~ So far, Kage 3.0 will have:
A) softened down back ridges and
B) Proposed different sizes with exponential growth of knot/base
... so we can see if people enjoy the look/weightedness of them, and see what a good middle ground would be!
ImageImage Image
Lore

Postby Lore » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:40 pm

Oh I really like the knot idea Jasmine suggested! And I'm all for keeping the part behind the knot as small as possible because it seems mot of the knots on site just wont work properly in a vagina. That's one of the reasons I want fenrir so much @[email protected]

I think my only other concern would be if the head is too pointy but it looks like it's fairly well rounded for how thin it is compared the the rest of the shaft!
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Lore wrote:Oh I really like the knot idea Jasmine suggested! And I'm all for keeping the part behind the knot as small as possible because it seems mot of the knots on site just wont work properly in a vagina. That's one of the reasons I want fenrir so much @[email protected]

Saaame! Fenrir is on my list of things to lookout for on Black Friday. I'm either going to grab him or the new Hanns, we'll see what colour options stick out at me the most during the sale.

But absolutely. Fenrir seems to be the only one that risks having a super skinny base, and I've seen lots of people who absolutely adore it. Plus some videos of it holding itself up surprisingly well. Kage very much tries to do what Fenrir does, but with different ridges and more of a cone shape leading up to the knot, so it's (hopefully) not as much of a sudden girth overload.
ImageImage Image
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:23 pm

I'll be looking for a Fenrir during the next sale also, looks like we all may be competing a little :) Kage is definitely very unique though and if it ever makes it I would definitely buy one right away to own both. If the sizes were similar though I would much rather simply own Kage, tons more appeal there.

Chibity

Postby Chibity » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Oi vay, they were originally supposed to be there for oral and such, but the more I look at those nubs and the groove between them, is making me wonder how Kage might cater to clitoral stimulation too OvO;;

M'boy, you were accidentally built for the ladies, it seems.
ImageImage Image
Lore

Postby Lore » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:22 pm

Well the good luck to the both of you on snagging a Fenrir! I kinda want to do a custom surprise me, but if I like the Black Friday sale then...well we'll probably all be competing! xD
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:07 am

I was just looking in the labs and noticed when I saw Kage's that the main picture is the artwork (love the artwork btw) instead of the 3d model. Don't know if you intended that but I think it might get some more attention with the model being shown as the main picture :) the artwork definitely makes you curious but the model is so awesome I think it'd be hard to pass up taking a peek. Just putting it out there :D

Lore

Postby Lore » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:41 am

Oh I totally forgot to go give feedback in the labs, thanks for reminding me Alpha!

Return to “Toys: Ideas and Suggestions”