Ryuu the Eastern Dragon, Version 5.0 Now in BD Labs

Have an idea for a new toy, or want more detailed feedback on your Labs design? You're in the right place! Feel free to share and discuss new ideas here.

Ryuu the Eastern Dragon

I like it!
47%
Looks good but needs some work.
20%
Not my cup of tea.
33%

Total votes: 55
DragonDestroyer

Re: Ryuu the Eastern Dragon, Version 2.5 is here, Colors too!

Postby DragonDestroyer » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:38 am

ShyDragon wrote:While I see that more people voted for "looks good but needs some work" option I'd like to know what exactly needs to be worked on. I'd like to be sure that this toy is ready before I put it up in the labs.

My personal reaction to the toy is "Oh look at the smooth curves...that stop half way down the toy".

The bottom half seems to be fairly straight and devoid of the delicious curves that comprise the top half. I do not think it would take much to shatter that perception, perhaps a slight overall bend to the toy would suffice. Regardless, I have been watching this entry for a while now, and haven't seen that objection raised. Nor have I really been able to tell any significant differences between updated versions. I get that the purpose of the toy is to be a smooth, straight, softly textured toy for deep riding/thrusting, but I think it could accomplish those goals with the lower half being a bit more curvaceous.
ShyDragon

Postby ShyDragon » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:24 am

DragonDestroyer wrote:
My personal reaction to the toy is "Oh look at the smooth curves...that stop half way down the toy".

The bottom half seems to be fairly straight and devoid of the delicious curves that comprise the top half. I do not think it would take much to shatter that perception, perhaps a slight overall bend to the toy would suffice. Regardless, I have been watching this entry for a while now, and haven't seen that objection raised. Nor have I really been able to tell any significant differences between updated versions. I get that the purpose of the toy is to be a smooth, straight, softly textured toy for deep riding/thrusting, but I think it could accomplish those goals with the lower half being a bit more curvaceous.

The biggest changes are to the base and the textures on the backside of the shaft. As I've said before, the general shape stays so I've been avoiding large changes. Not only that, but not a whole lot of people have been giving me feedback so I'm not sure what to change.

But your tips have given me an idea to try. I won't make a bend in the shaft because that might make the toy less of a thruster and compromise it's structural integrity but I can make it bulge ever so slightly. Like a less pronounced version of the bulge behind the head. Unless that's what you're talking about and I just misunderstood. By bend I'm thinking something like Nox. Either way I'll give my idea a shot.

I appreciate your input by the way.
---------------------------------Toys I Own---------------------------------

Small Gryphon ---- Small Clayton ---- Small Nox ---- Medium Nox
Small Nova ---- Medium Fenrir ---- Small Vergil ---- Small Xar
Small Sleipnir ---- Small Scorn ---- Medium Scorn ---- Small Flint
Medium Nocturne----Mini Stan ---- Medium Chance ---- Small Pearce
Mountain Drake----Small Axel

Creator of Ryuu the Eastern Dragon--Labs
ShyDragon

Postby ShyDragon » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:30 pm

DragonDestroyer wrote:

What do you think? Does it look better?

RyuuComparison.jpg

DragonDestroyer

Postby DragonDestroyer » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:15 pm

ShyDragon wrote:
DragonDestroyer wrote:

What do you think? Does it look better?

RyuuComparison.jpg

YESSSSS, that looks awesome! Sorry if my input sounded dry though. I think this is a really cool design and would personally love to see more long, smooth thrusting toys that aren't too realistic. You've done a great job making it look organic and sleek, and I could seriously envision this think taking off!

At this point the only think I can think to suggest is adding an interesting texture to the side of the base. Perhaps some vertical slats like the underbelly of this dragon would be cool: http://img04.deviantart.net/6e40/i/2010 ... tstain.jpg.

It could be kinda like the scaling on the base of Vasu the Naga. Obviously that isn't as important as the basic shape, which I think you have nailed. Keep up the good work!
ShyDragon

Postby ShyDragon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:54 pm

DragonDestroyer wrote:YESSSSS, that looks awesome! Sorry if my input sounded dry though. I think this is a really cool design and would personally love to see more long, smooth thrusting toys that aren't too realistic. You've done a great job making it look organic and sleek, and I could seriously envision this think taking off!

At this point the only think I can think to suggest is adding an interesting texture to the side of the base. Perhaps some vertical slats like the underbelly of this dragon would be cool: http://img04.deviantart.net/6e40/i/2010 ... tstain.jpg.

It could be kinda like the scaling on the base of Vasu the Naga. Obviously that isn't as important as the basic shape, which I think you have nailed. Keep up the good work!

Don't worry. I sincerely appreciate your input. I wish I had more.

Maybe but Ryuu doesn't have any belly scutes. Nova, Vergil, Crash and Chance all have relatively smooth bases. I'd like for Ryuu to remain as smooth as possible, including the base. I could probably make the folds more pronounced...I'll have to think about it. Though I'm not as worried about the base as I am about the shaft.

I only hope that there will be enough people who will want Ryuu. I've seen comments in the past from people hoping for a long toy but I haven't gotten enough feedback to be sure. So far my poll tells me that the majority of people like Ryuu(73% positive if you count the "looks good..." option) but that's only 19 votes. I suspect that if I post it in the labs that more people might see him though I'd like to be sure he's finished before I put him up.

DragonDestroyer

Postby DragonDestroyer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:45 am

ShyDragon wrote:
Don't worry. I sincerely appreciate your input. I wish I had more.

Maybe but Ryuu doesn't have any belly scutes. Nova, Vergil, Crash and Chance all have relatively smooth bases. I'd like for Ryuu to remain as smooth as possible, including the base. I could probably make the folds more pronounced...I'll have to think about it. Though I'm not as worried about the base as I am about the shaft.

I only hope that there will be enough people who will want Ryuu. I've seen comments in the past from people hoping for a long toy but I haven't gotten enough feedback to be sure. So far my poll tells me that the majority of people like Ryuu(73% positive if you count the "looks good..." option) but that's only 19 votes. I suspect that if I post it in the labs that more people might see him though I'd like to be sure he's finished before I put him up.

Yeah the base really isn't as important. This forum could definitely use more active members, but it isn't terribly surprising to me that it isn't heavily populated. The toy design process is a fairly niche subdivision of what is already a fairly niche community, but the small size of this community is one of the main factors that drew me in.

I would personally suggest getting some renders with a few color schemes and getting it into the Labs soon. I understand the desire to only showcase your best works, but there seems to be more traffic there and you will get more feedback to improve your design. Plus you can always update or resubmit Labs posts.

Have you thought about the color schemes you might want to offer Ryuu in?
ShyDragon

Postby ShyDragon » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:07 am

DragonDestroyer wrote:
Yeah the base really isn't as important. This forum could definitely use more active members, but it isn't terribly surprising to me that it isn't heavily populated. The toy design process is a fairly niche subdivision of what is already a fairly niche community, but the small size of this community is one of the main factors that drew me in.

I would personally suggest getting some renders with a few color schemes and getting it into the Labs soon. I understand the desire to only showcase your best works, but there seems to be more traffic there and you will get more feedback to improve your design. Plus you can always update or resubmit Labs posts.

Have you thought about the color schemes you might want to offer Ryuu in?

There are some color schemes on the first post. Added them last week.

RyuuColor.jpg

I thought there were quite a number of members on the forums. Though as fare as I know there are many many others who aren't on the forums. At least that's what BD have told us.

Steambirds

Re: Ryuu the Eastern Dragon, Version 2.5 or 3.0? Need Feedback!

Postby Steambirds » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:58 pm

I really like the 3.0 version! One thing I like about this toy is that it has a very tapered tip, unlike chance who is very blunt.
Momma didn't raise no fools! At least, I have been told so.

You know you spend too much time on this site when you see a toy and think, "Wow, he's such a cutie!"
nevan

Postby nevan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:55 pm

Ooo, v 2.5 was nice, but I definitely like the changes made to v 3 more!
ShyDragon

Postby ShyDragon » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:42 pm

Phew, I'm back for now. It's been a while. I've been busy as hell.

Steambirds wrote:I really like the 3.0 version! One thing I like about this toy is that it has a very tapered tip, unlike chance who is very blunt.

Yeah, that's part of the idea.

nevan wrote:Ooo, v 2.5 was nice, but I definitely like the changes made to v 3 more!

Yeah I think I might make the back part of the shaft curve out just a little bit more. Just to round it out. Going to have to experiment on that when I get the chance.

ShyDragon

Re: Ryuu the Eastern Dragon, Version 4.0

Postby ShyDragon » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:00 pm

4.0 is out. At this point I'm not sure what else to add to Ryuu.

Ryuu4CompileSide.jpg

RyuuCompileFrontandAngle.jpg

Ryuu4AllColor.jpg

ShyDragon

Re: Ryuu the Eastern Dragon, Version 4.0

Postby ShyDragon » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:38 pm

Ok, 5.0 is here and I've submitted it to BD Labs, it's still being verified. I made the bulge at the bottom bigger and the toy more round in general, but that part is hard to see.
Attachments
Ryuu5Title.jpg
Ryuu5Colors.jpg
Ryuu5Angles.jpg

ShyDragon

Re: Ryuu the Eastern Dragon, Version 5.0 Now in BD Labs

Postby ShyDragon » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:49 pm

Ryuu is in the labs now.

Poecilotheria

Postby Poecilotheria » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:58 am

I like it! The only thing I have to say is maybe it'd be worth giving it brighter colours?

The smoothness would make is great as a beginner toy, too~
Please feel free to IM me :stick:
Dusksong

Postby Dusksong » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:39 pm

Oh wow, I love this one. It would definitely go on my wish list if it gets made!
Image Be true, be brave, stand. All the rest is darkness. - Stephen King
* Toys for sale & Wanted in my profile! *
BobBob

Postby BobBob » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:46 pm

Nice backstory. Thank you, thank you, thank you for a smooth, non-bulgy, non-girthy penetratable. Thank yoy.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:54 pm

This looks like a good toy for a smooth riding toy. Personally I like texture and knots so tis not my cup of tea personally. It has a good design though.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
kittycat1356

Postby kittycat1356 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:29 pm

ShyDragon wrote:Ryuu is in the labs now.

Omg your avatar is the best thing since bread :widesmile:

This design.... it looks great! ^^~ it looks especially good for anal use. It's hard to find a long, non-blunt horse headed dildo for the butt.

Basically, most long and uniform toys are horses. :eyeroll:
I'm not into anal at all, but I can see this being a huge hit, and I would probably get one anyways for vaginal use. (( like others mentioned, I'm Into textures, but this is cool without them)) :stick:
Demisexual LESBIAN kitty :mystery: <the babies want to be touched
ShyDragon

Postby ShyDragon » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:19 am

kittycat1356 wrote:
ShyDragon wrote:Ryuu is in the labs now.

Omg your avatar is the best thing since bread :widesmile:

This design.... it looks great! ^^~ it looks especially good for anal use. It's hard to find a long, non-blunt horse headed dildo for the butt.

Basically, most long and uniform toys are horses. :eyeroll:
I'm not into anal at all, but I can see this being a huge hit, and I would probably get one anyways for vaginal use. (( like others mentioned, I'm Into textures, but this is cool without them)) :stick:

Lol, thanks. Sorry for the late reply, I've been gone a while.

As someone who doesn't do anal, I tried making this toy good for both anal and vaginal. That's why it both tapers well and has a very pronounced head (which is good for G-Spot stimulation)

Return to “Toys: Ideas and Suggestions”