Bubbles the temple dragon

Have an idea for a new toy, or want more detailed feedback on your Labs design? You're in the right place! Feel free to share and discuss new ideas here.
Grizzlydracos

Re: Bubbles the temple dragon

Postby Grizzlydracos » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:08 am

I second the size variation option would be great. I love the design as it stands now though
Apparentlyaquarius

Postby Apparentlyaquarius » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:57 am

Does the proportions not work? I can try changing that if it doesn't. I'm thinking up measurements right now it's a lot harder than I thought but I also thought brand new designs get one size when picked (I highly doubt my design is good enough for that there's some cool designs in the lab right now but just for a what if) so it couldn't be to terrible big for mesearments •3•
Apparentlyaquarius

Postby Apparentlyaquarius » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:39 pm

I doodled up a little character for my design their a little more festival looking than I wanted them to be but oh well I kinda like em. I'm also dog's dinner at drawing dragons, so I apologise in advanced, but I thought I'd, at least, give them a face.... sorry if they're ugly. My first thought of them was a little more soft and cuddly since their name was bubbles but now its Lapis so I changed the whole design. (Its best to click on it)
Attachments
dragonn.png
Last edited by Apparentlyaquarius on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen

Postby Stephen » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Apparentlyaquarius wrote:I doodled up a little character for my design their a little more festival looking than I wanted them to be but oh well I kinda like em. I'm also dog's dinner at drawing dragons, so I apologise in advanced, but I thought I'd, at least, give them a face.... sorry if they're ugly. My first thought of them was a little more soft and cuddly since their name was bubbles but now its Lapis so I changed the whole design.

Looks cool and fits in with the design
Ain't no rest for da wicked.......
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:43 pm

I think the proportions look nice! Have you decided upon measurements yet, or still figuring that out? I personally like small to medium sized toys, so I was hoping it'd be around there... Although I guess without specific numbers, my thought of "small to medium" really doesn't help, huh? Haha.

The art for him looks great! Really matches the design you have going, and is really lovely... Looks elegant and to me, feels like a different vibe than what BD offers now. Looks great!
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:32 pm

Apparentlyaquarius wrote:I doodled up a little character for my design their a little more festival looking than I wanted them to be but oh well I kinda like em. I'm also dog's dinner at drawing dragons, so I apologise in advanced, but I thought I'd, at least, give them a face.... sorry if they're ugly. My first thought of them was a little more soft and cuddly since their name was bubbles but now its Lapis so I changed the whole design. (Its best to click on it)

I guess that makes him one hell of a... party animal :cool:

All puns aside, I actually like the festive look. It's creative and makes the character stand out.

Can't same the same with the new name though. I prefer "Bubbles" because it's easy to remember. It directly references the toy's design, and the name itself seems to scream a "bubbly" personality. It may not be fitting for a temple guardian, but I like ironic names.

Plus we have enough stoic/serious/macho male characters as it is. As much as it is fitting, I still think it's a little bland. But then again, I'm over-analyzing the characters/faces behind sex toys, so... :psyduck: Still, I just wanted to throw my two cents in.

As for the actual toy, I can't really say much about it since I'm new to toying, but I do love its design. The tip looks like ice cream to me though :nomnom:
Apparentlyaquarius

Postby Apparentlyaquarius » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:49 am

blushingkitten wrote:I think the proportions look nice! Have you decided upon measurements yet, or still figuring that out? I personally like small to medium sized toys, so I was hoping it'd be around there... Although I guess without specific numbers, my thought of "small to medium" really doesn't help, huh? Haha.

The art for him looks great! Really matches the design you have going, and is really lovely... Looks elegant and to me, feels like a different vibe than what BD offers now. Looks great!

I'm not good at taking big toys either way so I'd probably make it in between small and medium size maybe like around 6.00 of usable length? I'm terrible at this :doh: and I know a lot of people don't like small toys but it's probably a more universe length.
Apparentlyaquarius

Postby Apparentlyaquarius » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:52 am

CakeLurker wrote:
Apparentlyaquarius wrote:I doodled up a little character for my design their a little more festival looking than I wanted them to be but oh well I kinda like em. I'm also dog's dinner at drawing dragons, so I apologise in advanced, but I thought I'd, at least, give them a face.... sorry if they're ugly. My first thought of them was a little more soft and cuddly since their name was bubbles but now its Lapis so I changed the whole design. (Its best to click on it)

I guess that makes him one hell of a... party animal :cool:

All puns aside, I actually like the festive look. It's creative and makes the character stand out.

Can't same the same with the new name though. I prefer "Bubbles" because it's easy to remember. It directly references the toy's design, and the name itself seems to scream a "bubbly" personality. It may not be fitting for a temple guardian, but I like ironic names.

Plus we have enough stoic/serious/macho male characters as it is. As much as it is fitting, I still think it's a little bland. But then again, I'm over-analyzing the characters/faces behind sex toys, so... :psyduck: Still, I just wanted to throw my two cents in.

As for the actual toy, I can't really say much about it since I'm new to toying, but I do love its design. The tip looks like ice cream to me though :nomnom:

Yeah I had another person tell me bubbles didn't fit a temple guardian oh I'm terrible at choices also should I make them a festival dragon instead? I mean I like blue color schemes that's why I picked it but festival might work better with reds blacks and gold/yellow? I did base it on Chinese festival dragons and just a little bit of spirited away dragon. But only because Iv always liked the aesthetic of them.... I'm also just realizing I forgot their whiskers!
Stephen

Postby Stephen » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:08 am

The design , color and drawing looks more like a festival dragon . dragons do not always need to be bad asses , why not one that know how to have a good time. I really think you done a good job and hope they make it . hell yes I would buy it (still hope for a larger size lol ).
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:45 am

Apparentlyaquarius wrote:Yeah I had another person tell me bubbles didn't fit a temple guardian oh I'm terrible at choices also should I make them a festival dragon instead? I mean I like blue color schemes that's why I picked it but festival might work better with reds blacks and gold/yellow? I did base it on Chinese festival dragons and just a little bit of spirited away dragon. But only because Iv always liked the aesthetic of them.... I'm also just realizing I forgot their whiskers!

You could since you already have the designs for it. Plus a red, black and gold design sounds like a nice color scheme. You don't have to abandon the old blue though, you can just go all out with multiple color themes especially if it's a festival dragon.

It's still your choice though, you could always just have him be both. "Temple guardian by day, party animal by night". Or just "party animal 24/7 even when he's supposed to protect an important temple". Or you could just make them a festival dragon and come up with a completely design for a temple dragon (and now I can't stop thinking about naughty priests/priestesses hurrr), which also leaves room for creativity.

Trying to give you a lot of options to choose from because I feel guilty making you change things on the dot. I dun wanna make you do things you don't want to do :surprised:
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:31 am

Hard decision! I think the idea of a temple dragon is interesting and unique, but the festival dragon sounds nice, too!

I think, even if it stayed as a temple dragon, you could have other color schemes aside from blue. Even though it started out as a water temple, it could be any sort of temple... Which leaves the color schemes really wide open! Could be nice yellows for a sun temple, white and silver or some other more subdued colors for light temple, blacks and dark black blues or something for dark temple, greens for Earth, blacks / gold / reds for fire... It really could be anything!

Either way, I think both festival and temple leaves TONS of room for creativity as far as colors go. And I think the design lends itself to looking really nice in a variety of shapes. Personally I enjoy fades the most, but I could see the model working for a lot of things. Which I think is a sign of a good design!
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Apparentlyaquarius

Postby Apparentlyaquarius » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:34 pm

It's fine I kind of like the festival idea better. :D However, I tried some color combinations and I'm not sure they work very well :/ In order there's the Fortune Dragon- lantern lights- and festival fire (that one might look cool marbled?) I'm not sure there any good? Again I based these off of like Chinese festival colors I don't personally like them but I don't know how to make it work any suggestions? I always have the temple thing to fall back on...
Attachments
fortune dragon.png
Lanturn lights.png
festival fire.png
Stephen

Postby Stephen » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:46 pm

Liking the second one
canonkiller
Banhammered

Postby canonkiller » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:38 pm

I love all of the custom colors! But I'd suggest not going with BD labs with how few toys make it out of there and the recent color dropping...
Apparentlyaquarius

Postby Apparentlyaquarius » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:59 pm

canonkiller wrote:I love all of the custom colors! But I'd suggest not going with BD labs with how few toys make it out of there and the recent color dropping...

Huh? But isn't that the only way ?? See I'm mainly doing this as a fun project but I also live in a very strict home where my life and money are monitored closely :sniffing: so It would be cool if it was picked im not saying it's any good like there are some really good ones currently in the labs but it's a nice thought at the very least. It might not be very good but at least I tried :)
Ammonight

Postby Ammonight » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:27 am

The only thing I can criticise about this really is that the base design you've thought up is just unfeasible, sadly. The way BD toys are made, I think it would be nigh impossible to recreate what you've drawn. Otherwise, great job :)
Apparentlyaquarius

Postby Apparentlyaquarius » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:37 am

enostress wrote:The only thing I can criticise about this really is that the base design you've thought up is just unfeasible, sadly. The way BD toys are made, I think it would be nigh impossible to recreate what you've drawn. Otherwise, great job :)

What needs to be changed? More simpler? Features further pressed in?
Apparentlyaquarius

Postby Apparentlyaquarius » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:24 am

Some feedback on the base is much needed I'm uneducated to what can and can't be done. Also I got bored and tried the festival color palette.
Attachments
dragonn 3 festival fire .png
RE:er.ro

Postby RE:er.ro » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:51 am

Apparentlyaquarius wrote:Some feedback on the base is much needed I'm uneducated to what can and can't be done. Also I got bored and tried the festival color palette.

I wonder tho, if you put the design on the labs and it does get the votes for production (you'll have mine for sure ^^), surely the BD staff will help realize the 3D model and tweak where necessary to make it castable. So maybe you won't have to worry about that too much at this stage and instead focus on getting your concept & design clear.
nsfw things I've made after nsfw things I've found: m-body-simulations.tumblr.com
Apparentlyaquarius

Postby Apparentlyaquarius » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:58 am

RE:er.ro wrote:
Apparentlyaquarius wrote:Some feedback on the base is much needed I'm uneducated to what can and can't be done. Also I got bored and tried the festival color palette.

I wonder tho, if you put the design on the labs and it does get the votes for production (you'll have mine for sure ^^), surely the BD staff will help realize the 3D model and tweak where necessary to make it castable. So maybe you won't have to worry about that too much at this stage and instead focus on getting your concept & design clear.

Thank you, I appreciate it! :) I'm having someone help with a 3D model, and I didn't want to to super change things on them later so I was worried that something was incredibly wrong with the design so that I would need to change it now (better now than later). Also, I think I'm going to change it to Festival colors I think that works a little bit better.... I mean they've already got the guardian so maybe another guardian temple esk theme wouldn't work all that well any more thoughts? I'm open to criticism I just want to make my design more feasible and likable :stick:

Return to “Toys: Ideas and Suggestions”