Bubbles the temple dragon

Have an idea for a new toy, or want more detailed feedback on your Labs design? You're in the right place! Feel free to share and discuss new ideas here.
Ammonight

Re: Bubbles the temple dragon

Postby Ammonight » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:29 pm

Apparentlyaquarius wrote:
enostress wrote:The only thing I can criticise about this really is that the base design you've thought up is just unfeasible, sadly. The way BD toys are made, I think it would be nigh impossible to recreate what you've drawn. Otherwise, great job :)

What needs to be changed? More simpler? Features further pressed in?

Sorry, I realise I wasn't clear enough. On the bottom of the base is where I think the problem area is, on every single BD model the base is flat.
Apparentlyaquarius

Postby Apparentlyaquarius » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:16 am

enostress wrote:
enostress wrote:The only thing I can criticise about this really is that the base design you've thought up is just unfeasible, sadly. The way BD toys are made, I think it would be nigh impossible to recreate what you've drawn. Otherwise, great job :)

What needs to be changed? More simpler? Features further pressed in?

Sorry, I realise I wasn't clear enough. On the bottom of the base is where I think the problem area is, on every single BD model the base is flat.

Like the bottom bottom the underside? That is flat I thought does it not look flat in my pictures? I can fix that.
canonkiller
Banhammered

Postby canonkiller » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:36 pm

canonkiller wrote:I love all of the custom colors! But I'd suggest not going with BD labs with how few toys make it out of there and the recent color dropping...

Huh? But isn't that the only way ?? See I'm mainly doing this as a fun project but I also live in a very strict home where my life and money are monitored closely :sniffing: so It would be cool if it was picked im not saying it's any good like there are some really good ones currently in the labs but it's a nice thought at the very least. It might not be very good but at least I tried :)

Oh, no, it's not the quality of the toy at all! I was thinking more to submit it to a different company to design; the toy itself is amazing, which is why I think it would be best to submit it to a place it's more likely to be made and to have all of the colors along with it!
Apparentlyaquarius

Postby Apparentlyaquarius » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:20 pm

Question should I make the features a bit more blended and subtle I don't know if it's too much maybe it should be closer to the shape. Does it look like it would hurt or anything? :psyduck:
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:59 pm

Apparentlyaquarius wrote:Question should I make the features a bit more blended and subtle I don't know if it's too much maybe it should be closer to the shape. Does it look like it would hurt or anything? :psyduck:

Do you mean the texture on the base, or the texture on the shaft? Because I personally love all of the texture everywhere. The interesting and uniquely textured shaft is what drew me to this design, and if it were more subtle / blended, I don't think it'd be that exciting, or that it'd be that interesting to me.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Apparentlyaquarius

Postby Apparentlyaquarius » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:02 pm

blushingkitten wrote:
Apparentlyaquarius wrote:Question should I make the features a bit more blended and subtle I don't know if it's too much maybe it should be closer to the shape. Does it look like it would hurt or anything? :psyduck:

Do you mean the texture on the base, or the texture on the shaft? Because I personally love all of the texture everywhere. The interesting and uniquely textured shaft is what drew me to this design, and if it were more subtle / blended, I don't think it'd be that exciting, or that it'd be that interesting to me.

I just hear people complaining about other designs being too textured and making them raw, and I was worried mine was just weird and not comfortable looking but If you say so lol
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Apparentlyaquarius wrote:I just hear people complaining about other designs being too textured and making them raw, and I was worried mine was just weird and not comfortable looking but If you say so lol

I think it depends on the person. Some people are more sensitive and dislike texture, whereas others (like myself) find more plain toys boring and bland. I would complain with greater frequency (and have a greater chance) to complain about a toy with little or no texture than I would over the toy being "too textured". So it really just depends! I don't think it's possible to make a toy that everybody likes or will enjoy, as everybody is different and likes different things.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Stephen

Postby Stephen » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:20 pm

I agree .... One can not make something that pleases everyone . I like it textured by Mary or Bob may not. Stay true to your idea of design ,if others like it ... Great . if not it was not for them . some like fords , other cvhevy ... You can not make a "forhevy" . stay true to what you sent to design . I personally like it and would still buy it .
Ain't no rest for da wicked.......
Apparentlyaquarius

Postby Apparentlyaquarius » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:57 pm

[BBvideo=560,315][/BBvideo]Yeah you guys are right :misc6: :widesmile: well I'll just submit it to labs and see what others think and let that speak for it's self thank you!
canonkiller
Banhammered

Postby canonkiller » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:27 am

I think the texture people are referring to is the printer texture, not the texture of the toy's design. Crackers (esp in small) has a really sandpapery texture just from printing that wasn't smoothed as much as it should have been. Design texture us always a hit! :widesmile:
Vree

Postby Vree » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:11 pm

This colour sceme, in combination with this charater just looks awesome.
PeachKitsune

Postby PeachKitsune » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:19 pm

I really like this design! It's really neat, and also kind of cute which I like ;)
Apparentlyaquarius

Postby Apparentlyaquarius » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:13 pm

Thanks everyone! :3 I appreciate the support! :misc2: :blush:

Return to “Toys: Ideas and Suggestions”