Silas the Salamander

Have an idea for a new toy, or want more detailed feedback on your Labs design? You're in the right place! Feel free to share and discuss new ideas here.
roversrockets

Silas the Salamander

Postby roversrockets » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:47 am

EDIT: Ive named him Silas the Salamander!

Ok so this isn't really based off anything I just. Was doodling and this happened. :laugh:
What do you guys think? This was just for fun and purely by accident but hey, maybe some folks would be interested :'3
Last edited by roversrockets on Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
naughtybun

Re: Curvy, Bulgy, Monster Dong!

Postby naughtybun » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:13 am

Ooh I like it!
add, depression, anxiety. thanks mother nature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.f-list.net/c/naughtybun
roversrockets

Postby roversrockets » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:37 pm

naughtybun wrote:Ooh I like it!

Aww thanks! :blush:
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:12 pm

I would buy the shit out of this dildo. Good work! If you decide to continue with the project I will certainly be watching your progress. ^.^
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Casma

Postby Casma » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:57 pm

I like this a LOT! This is exactly the kind of toy that works with my body.
roversrockets

Postby roversrockets » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:33 pm

HungryStray wrote:I would buy the shit out of this dildo. Good work! If you decide to continue with the project I will certainly be watching your progress. ^.^

Casma wrote:I like this a LOT! This is exactly the kind of toy that works with my body.

Ahhh golly I didn't expect so much positive feedback for just a spur of the moment doodle!
Do you guys have any sort of suggestions on how I could possibly improve the model?
Or any features you would like added or removed?

And if you have any ideas for what sort of creature this dingle could belong to, that would be awesome :stick:
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:44 pm

roversrockets wrote:
HungryStray wrote:I would buy the shit out of this dildo. Good work! If you decide to continue with the project I will certainly be watching your progress. ^.^

Casma wrote:I like this a LOT! This is exactly the kind of toy that works with my body.

Ahhh golly I didn't expect so much positive feedback for just a spur of the moment doodle!
Do you guys have any sort of suggestions on how I could possibly improve the model?

And if you have any ideas for what sort of creature this dingle could belong to, that would be awesome :stick:

I guess I'd have to ask you some questions first. ^.^ Is the bottomside supposed to be plates like Flint? Or more like line indents similar to the ones on the anthro dragon? What kind of dimensions were you thinking? Personally I really love the look of the design altogether, especially the bumps more on the side, those look lovely. If I were to make a blind stab at putting a creature to your design, I'd say some kind of Salamander, like a giant fire salamander.

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Grizzlydracos

Postby Grizzlydracos » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:53 pm

HungryStray wrote:
roversrockets wrote:

I guess I'd have to ask you some questions first. ^.^ Is the bottomside supposed to be plates like Flint? Or more like line indents similar to the ones on the anthro dragon? What kind of dimensions were you thinking? Personally I really love the look of the design altogether, especially the bumps more on the side, those look lovely. If I were to make a blind stab at putting a creature to your design, I'd say some kind of Salamander, like a giant fire salamander.

Definitely a fire salamander. And if this had several sizes available it would put mountain Drake to shame.....never understood why that one wasn't offered in various sizes. But anyway the design looks good . One could thrust with it or use it like a plug.....I like it.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:03 pm

Grizzlydracos wrote:
Definitely a fire salamander. And if this had several sizes available it would put mountain Drake to shame.....never understood why that one wasn't offered in various sizes. But anyway the design looks good . One could thrust with it or use it like a plug.....I like it.

The MD was a lab's contest winner, and those toys are never released in more than a single size, only going to a full release if popular enough. This toy instantly reminded me of the MD, but with a curve to it. I would love to give something like this a try especially if it had a larger size range. While the MD feels nice, I kind of find it is underwhelming in the current size.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
roversrockets

Postby roversrockets » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:13 pm

Grizzlydracos wrote:
HungryStray wrote:I guess I'd have to ask you some questions first. ^.^ Is the bottomside supposed to be plates like Flint? Or more like line indents similar to the ones on the anthro dragon? What kind of dimensions were you thinking? Personally I really love the look of the design altogether, especially the bumps more on the side, those look lovely. If I were to make a blind stab at putting a creature to your design, I'd say some kind of Salamander, like a giant fire salamander.

Ahh I love salamanders! I'm happy w that :excited:

I was thinking the bottomside would be plated like Flint, although a bit closer to Kelvin's plates in nature.

Dimensions I'm not sure, as I wasn't really expecting folks to take a liking to the design :laugh:

I think I would prefer the entire thing to be on the small-medium size range, though. Since labs stuff get released in onesize at first, I'd like to keep it sized down so that more people would get the opportunity to use it!
That was kinda the same thought process I had with my other dildo design thats been finalized, Julian the Jaguar: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45759

Looking at current toys, though, I think I'd use the following as a base reference for figuring out a good size:
- Medium Echo
- Hanns
- Medium Apollo
- Small/Medium Spritz
- Small/Medium Nox
- Medium Crackers

I feel like those models would be helpful in the sense of looking at how the bulges and the shaft are sized in comparison to each other, and just how they work the curving and changing of girth :0
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:26 pm

roversrockets wrote:
Grizzlydracos wrote:
HungryStray wrote:I guess I'd have to ask you some questions first. ^.^ Is the bottomside supposed to be plates like Flint? Or more like line indents similar to the ones on the anthro dragon? What kind of dimensions were you thinking? Personally I really love the look of the design altogether, especially the bumps more on the side, those look lovely. If I were to make a blind stab at putting a creature to your design, I'd say some kind of Salamander, like a giant fire salamander.

Ahh I love salamanders! I'm happy w that :excited:

I was thinking the bottomside would be plated like Flint, although a bit closer to Kelvin's plates in nature.

Dimensions I'm not sure, as I wasn't really expecting folks to take a liking to the design :laugh:

I think I would prefer the entire thing to be on the small-medium size range, though. Since labs stuff get released in onesize at first, I'd like to keep it sized down so that more people would get the opportunity to use it!
That was kinda the same thought process I had with my other dildo design thats been finalized, Julian the Jaguar: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45759

Looking at current toys, though, I think I'd use the following as a base reference for figuring out a good size:
- Medium Echo
- Hanns
- Medium Apollo
- Small/Medium Spritz
- Small/Medium Nox
- Medium Crackers

I feel like those models would be helpful in the sense of looking at how the bulges and the shaft are sized in comparison to each other, and just how they work the curving and changing of girth :0

Anything close to 8" around will have me whipping out the plastic before you can say "dragon dong." I will buy it, I will love it, and I'll gush about it. The shape is reminiscent of the MD and Crackers yeah, but I definitely think the shape looks super friendly, but stimulating at the same time. I feel like plates might be fun so long as they are kept far apart (your design looks like they are) to avoid the plate texture taking away from the bumps on the side. Really good balance of sensations in my opinion.

Grizzlydracos

Postby Grizzlydracos » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Grizzlydracos wrote:

The MD was a lab's contest winner, and those toys are never released in more than a single size, only going to a full release if popular enough. This toy instantly reminded me of the MD, but with a curve to it. I would love to give something like this a try especially if it had a larger size range. While the MD feels nice, I kind of find it is underwhelming in the current size.

Hence why I made reference to multiple sizes. As to MD it's nothing on the one who designed it as to size variation that's on bd. MD would be great too in various sizes but what is done is done. Hopefully bd actually is listening to what it's customers would like and that would be a win win for bd and the customers alike
roversrockets

Postby roversrockets » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:45 pm

Some colors for fun :smile: They're based on real salamanders - I'm calling him Silas for now I think :)
roversrockets

Re: Silas the Salamander

Postby roversrockets » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:45 pm

bump! looking for feedback and critique if needed :psyduck:
naughtybun

Postby naughtybun » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:32 am

I love the name, but since BD is almost phasing out fades, I doubt those colors would happen. And they'd never do the "signature" either. :(
add, depression, anxiety. thanks mother nature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.f-list.net/c/naughtybun
marcii

Postby marcii » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:11 am

Love everything about this. I like that it would include some plating akin to Flint, but wouldn't be too overwhelming. Also, huge swells are my besties. I think what I like so much is that it combines aspects of Crackers, Flint, and a hint of Nox/Xar...so basically taking everything I like and cobbling it together. Sorry this isn't super helpful, but I do like it a lot. I kinda would want an axolotl based one :laugh:

Though, I do wish BD wasn't getting rid of fades because this toy would lend itself to some beautiful ones. Maybe try to do a color similar to how Xar's lightning bug works? I'm sure that the right split-marbling would work splendidly on this guy.
roversrockets

Postby roversrockets » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:59 am

naughtybun wrote:I love the name, but since BD is almost phasing out fades, I doubt those colors would happen. And they'd never do the "signature" either. :(

marcii wrote:Love everything about this. I like that it would include some plating akin to Flint, but wouldn't be too overwhelming. Also, huge swells are my besties. I think what I like so much is that it combines aspects of Crackers, Flint, and a hint of Nox/Xar...so basically taking everything I like and cobbling it together. Sorry this isn't super helpful, but I do like it a lot. I kinda would want an axolotl based one :laugh:

Though, I do wish BD wasn't getting rid of fades because this toy would lend itself to some beautiful ones. Maybe try to do a color similar to how Xar's lightning bug works? I'm sure that the right split-marbling would work splendidly on this guy.

Woah wait, they're getting rid of fades??? :psyduck: I must be living under a rock, I had no clue.
That is some disheartening news, BD's fades are my absolute fave.

I think I could definitely work with a split marble, especially since salamanders are often marbled anyway! Although that sucks bc my other design, Julian the Jaguar, looked reeeeally nice with fades >.>

And thank you guys so much for the positive feedback, it truly means a lot! :smile:
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:01 am

roversrockets wrote:
naughtybun wrote:I love the name, but since BD is almost phasing out fades, I doubt those colors would happen. And they'd never do the "signature" either. :(

marcii wrote:Love everything about this. I like that it would include some plating akin to Flint, but wouldn't be too overwhelming. Also, huge swells are my besties. I think what I like so much is that it combines aspects of Crackers, Flint, and a hint of Nox/Xar...so basically taking everything I like and cobbling it together. Sorry this isn't super helpful, but I do like it a lot. I kinda would want an axolotl based one :laugh:

Woah wait, they're getting rid of fades??? :psyduck: I must be living under a rock, I had no clue.

I think I could definitely work with a split marble, especially since salamanders are often marbled anyway! Although that sucks bc my other design, Julian the Jaguar, looked reeeeally nice with fades >.>

And thank you guys so much for the positive feedback, it truly means a lot! :smile:

They are NOT phasing out fades, if you'd like confirmation about it, send in a ticket and ask Customer Service. <33 So any of your naturals will be just fine. Your signature though would probably have to be marbled, but since salamanders are so spotty already it should look just fine. ^.^

roversrockets

Postby roversrockets » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:49 am

HungryStray wrote:
roversrockets wrote:Woah wait, they're getting rid of fades??? :psyduck: I must be living under a rock, I had no clue.

They are NOT phasing out fades, if you'd like confirmation about it, send in a ticket and ask Customer Service. <33 So any of your naturals will be just fine. Your signature though would probably have to be marbled, but since salamanders are so spotty already it should look just fine. ^.^

Oh alrighty then, that's a relief! And yeah, I agree with you on the signature. I like to have a bit too much fun w my colors sometimes :laugh: But thank you!
Grizzlydracos

Postby Grizzlydracos » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Definitely would want a natural with both colors gid. That would look amazing in the light and dark.

Return to “Toys: Ideas and Suggestions”