Feline muzzle. Thoughts?

Have an idea for a new toy, or want more detailed feedback on your Labs design? You're in the right place! Feel free to share and discuss new ideas here.
Fausten

Feline muzzle. Thoughts?

Postby Fausten » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:50 pm

I've seen only a smattering of off-hand comments about the possibility of a feline-inspired muzzle toy, so I'm trying to get a conversation going about them, specifically. It's fairly common sense that, if Bad Dragon doesn't gauge an idea will make any money, they're probably better off not investing time into it. Which'd be a shame, at least for me...!

The muzzle toys are pretty much my favorite penetrables at the moment. The first toy I ever bought, the Dragon Muzzle, is to this day still my absolute favorite. It would seem to me that muzzles are less focused on tightness, and more on texture... and gods, does that scream 'Make a kitty maw' to me. I would order one in a heartbeat.

Here are some things you might talk about here!

1) Do you like the fantasy of a feline-inspired oral toy? For me, the answer is... obviously, hell yea!

2) What species of cat would you enjoy the most, or think is the most practical? I think lions probably make the most sense practically, since the shape of their maw is somewhat longer than other big cats.

3) What features would you like on such a toy? I can tell you my big two would definitely be those soft fang nubs, like on the Dragon Muzzle/Duke's Muzzle... and of course, that lovely tongue texture! Some... creative liberties would obviously have to be taken with the tongue, since making spines is simply out of the question with silicone. Still, that doesn't mean 'a textured tongue' that stylistically represents spines would be impossible.

I also heard someone else comment in another thread that they'd really enjoy muzzle toys that emulated the texture of the maw itself, rather than the "throat texture in the mouth" approach the current line-up seems to take. Ribbed palette at the top of the mouth? Nubs on the side to represent the further-back fangs? Maybe a pronounced bump at the back of the top, to represent the uvula? (Probably couldn't be an actual protruding danglie, without structural concerns... but a smaller bump/already-folded-back uvula?)

Or... oh god, if there was a little slot under the jawline to put a bullet vibe in...

PURRRRRR~

Go wild! Let all your oral kitty fantasies run free~

And if any of you are modelers or artists, maybe post some concepts? Meow! :misc2: :excited:
Last edited by Fausten on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Villie

Re: Feline muzzle. Thoughts?

Postby Villie » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Maybe... a liger. To add a fun element to it, and maybe one of the colors can have marbling that resembles tiger stripes hahaha.

I remember hearing the dragon and dragoness muzzles don't really have a 'tongue', so I think it'd be cool to have a looser muzzle toy that incorporated tongue. A dog with a smoother tongue, but yes a feline with a texture tongue oooh.

LMAO they manage to get a sandpaper texture on some toys with the printer texture, but that might not feel nice. Or maybe would? Some people seem to like the grabby texture of the printer texture hmm. So obviously it's possible with silicone. They could also do some more subtle bumps and tiny nubs all over the tongue. A kinda ribbed upper mouth texture perhaps and then of course fun textures past the tongue? Hmmm.
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Fausten

Postby Fausten » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:28 pm

Villie wrote:Maybe... a liger. [...]

LMAO they manage to get a sandpaper texture on some toys with the printer texture [...]

Ah yes, I think you were the one that made most of the feline muzzle toy comments I was referring to.

Hmm... 'printer' texture? I was pretty sure BD did all their toys with casts, did they recently transition to 3D printing? If so, I wonder if that's only possible with the firmer types of silicone; wibbly wobbly Extra Soft (which they use in all their penetrables) I imagine would be tough.

Sandpaper though... yeah the thing is 'sandpaper' isn't really a good technical way of describing that texture. It's a whole bunch of soft spines, not coarse grains. I was saying that making actual spines would be basically impossible, because 1) they'd be structurally weak/thin and 2) they wouldn't actually have firm points, meaning it'd just be a bunch of silicone spaghetti, or like... flagella.

If only though~ Mee-owwwww...

I'd especially love to feel the curve of that tongue around the sides!
NateTheNoodle

Postby NateTheNoodle » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:49 pm

Fausten wrote:

LMAO they manage to get a sandpaper texture on some toys with the printer texture [...]

Ah yes, I think you were the one that made most of the feline muzzle toy comments I was referring to.

Hmm... 'printer' texture? I was pretty sure BD did all their toys with casts, did they recently transition to 3D printing? If so, I wonder if that's only possible with the firmer types of silicone; wibbly wobbly Extra Soft (which they use in all their penetrables) I imagine would be tough.

Sandpaper though... yeah the thing is 'sandpaper' isn't really a good technical way of describing that texture. It's a whole bunch of soft spines, not coarse grains. I was saying that making actual spines would be basically impossible, because 1) they'd be structurally weak/thin and 2) they wouldn't actually have firm points, meaning it'd just be a bunch of silicone spaghetti, or like... flagella.

Fun fact!

The many, tiny, bristles on cat tongues are actually made of the same stuff your fingernails are! Keratin!

As for shape, I was thinking Puma for a female muzzle and Bobcat for male muzzle. Both could have a little tongue sticking out for cuteness.

Blep

:stick:
Salutations!

~~~My toy list!~~~
Ika:
Med size, Med Firmness, Suction cup
---------
JaninesMuzzle
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Hate to break it to you but the labs have been defunct for almost two years now. Aka, they don't accept ideas anymore.
NateTheNoodle

Postby NateTheNoodle » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:56 am

Oh what? Then how come this whole sub forum still exists?
Salutations!

~~~My toy list!~~~
Ika:
Med size, Med Firmness, Suction cup
---------
JaninesMuzzle
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:18 am

NateTheNoodle wrote:Oh what? Then how come this whole sub forum still exists?

Lazyness or simply they don't care anymore
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
Fausten

Postby Fausten » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:29 am

Phelvia wrote:Hate to break it to you but the labs have been defunct for almost two years now. Aka, they don't accept ideas anymore.

This isn't a lab submission and I highly doubt "they don't accept ideas." They're a toy manufacturer, they will continue to want to make new toys, and even if they don't directly go to the forums and go "OH GEE I WONDER WHICH ONE OF THESE WE SHOULD MAKE" they are probably trying to always gauge their consumers' interests.

I see no problem in having some lively conversation about a toy some of us would like, and "You're wasting your time" kinda puts a damper on things, no offense.

:unamused:
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:38 am

Fausten wrote:
Phelvia wrote:Hate to break it to you but the labs have been defunct for almost two years now. Aka, they don't accept ideas anymore.

This isn't a lab submission and I highly doubt "they don't accept ideas." They're a toy manufacturer, they will continue to want to make new toys, and even if they don't directly go to the forums and go "OH GEE I WONDER WHICH ONE OF THESE WE SHOULD MAKE" they are probably trying to always gauge their consumers' interests.

I see no problem in having some lively conversation about a toy some of us would like, and "You're wasting your time" kinda puts a damper on things, no offense.

:unamused:

Submitting your ideas to the forums or Labs just means BD can make them without crediting or paying you in any way. Sure, with something vague like this, chances are there wouldn't be payment anyway. But it's pretty easy to tell BD's been moving away from the outright fantasy designs older users want, seeing as the new things are very, very obviously different from their older, furrier models.

If they were using the forums to gauge interest, they'd have a link to them on the site. They just don't care. You don't need to get riled up to defend them. :unamused:
Fausten

Postby Fausten » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:46 am

Roverseer2 wrote:If they were using the forums to gauge interest, they'd have a link to them on the site. They just don't care. You don't need to get riled up to defend them.

I would like to have a conversation about a toy idea, not talk about how Bad Dragon does or doesn't care about the forums, or the labs, or whatever. I'm not getting riled up to defend them. I just want to have a conversation without people like you taking the opportunity to go "BD doesn't care, you're wasting your time, go home." You actively sabotage the likelihood that people interested in this idea will chime in with their thoughts. Please stop.
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:28 am

Fausten wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:If they were using the forums to gauge interest, they'd have a link to them on the site. They just don't care. You don't need to get riled up to defend them.

I would like to have a conversation about a toy idea, not talk about how Bad Dragon does or doesn't care about the forums, or the labs, or whatever. I'm not getting riled up to defend them. I just want to have a conversation without people like you taking the opportunity to go "BD doesn't care, you're wasting your time, go home." You actively sabotage the likelihood that people interested in this idea will chime in with their thoughts. Please stop.

It's more that you're not likely going to get a lot of people paying attention to this part of the forum any more? :psyduck: If you want feedback, you shouldn't be posting here, because BD's abandoned it. That's my whole point.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:04 pm

Roverseer2 wrote:
Fausten wrote:

It's more that you're not likely going to get a lot of people paying attention to this part of the forum any more? :psyduck: If you want feedback, you shouldn't be posting here, because BD's abandoned it. That's my whole point.

Not to mention, what even does it matter if people are interested in it since BD won't pay attention to it, to make the idea real?
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:58 am

Fausten wrote:

My dear god please make it a saber toothed tiger. You might be able to get smaller nubby teeth texture and still have big old fangs on the sides. I'd say maybe have the tongue be poking out of the mouth a ways, like an inch if they could manage it, to make use of that barbed tongue texture, then it might be really awesome for ladies and gentlemen!
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
Karhu

Postby Karhu » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Toy with such a adorable theme like that would just beg to be used with a bell collar over it.
dasadevil
Moon Moon

Postby dasadevil » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:16 pm

Keep the vitriol out and keep this on topic.

Labs is being reworked, but it has taken a back seat to other projects.. Like the website. It'll be up again soon.

Thank you.
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:17 pm

dasadevil wrote:Keep the vitriol out and keep this on topic.

Labs is being reworked, but it has taken a back seat to other projects.. Like the website. It'll be up again soon.

Thank you.

Taken a backseat to the website... since 2015? Sorry man, no hard feelings, but I don't believe that.

Posting somewhere other than the forums will get OP more feedback anyway.
dasadevil
Moon Moon

Postby dasadevil » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:37 pm

Roverseer2 wrote:
dasadevil wrote:Keep the vitriol out and keep this on topic.

Thank you.

Taken a backseat to the website... since 2015? Sorry man, no hard feelings, but I don't believe that.

Posting somewhere other than the forums will get OP more feedback anyway.

I cannot tell you what to believe or what not to believe but I do have insight into that part of it all, and I can say it will be returning. Give it time.
Fausten

Postby Fausten » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:35 pm

HungryStray wrote:My dear god please make it a saber toothed tiger. You might be able to get smaller nubby teeth texture and still have big old fangs on the sides. I'd say maybe have the tongue be poking out of the mouth a ways, like an inch if they could manage it, to make use of that barbed tongue texture, then it might be really awesome for ladies and gentlemen!

Ooh, sabres do have quite a sexy thrill about them, don't they? At least... I think so. I guess I couldn't say for sure, if the average fantasy-toy-user likes the fantasy of fangs, or finds them a turn-off. I wonder how well the Dragon Muzzle and Werewolf Muzzle sell? The former has lots of nubby teeth (they feel amazing btw, from experience) and the latter has... well, I don't really like the humanoid teeth but it does have those large canines (fangs).

And your comment about the barbed and extended tongue being a nice treat for ladies reminds me of a post I saw... about a female toyer who purchased a Werewolf Muzzle just to stick a vibe in it for grinding. Hahah, imagine a cat purring between your legs!~
Kemnebi

Postby Kemnebi » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:20 pm

I think a feline toy would be awesome! I'd like to chime in on making a Sabre Tooth toy...though personally I prefer leopards. Lol. If it can be made for female enjoyment too, tongue sticking out with that rough texture and a vibe.... Mmmm. I'd totally buy one.
Female/27/Straight/Single

I've been told I'm blunt and can come off wrong. I promise, I'm not actually mad. Just bad with the talking thing. :words:
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:38 pm

Fausten wrote:
HungryStray wrote:My dear god please make it a saber toothed tiger. You might be able to get smaller nubby teeth texture and still have big old fangs on the sides. I'd say maybe have the tongue be poking out of the mouth a ways, like an inch if they could manage it, to make use of that barbed tongue texture, then it might be really awesome for ladies and gentlemen!

Ooh, sabres do have quite a sexy thrill about them, don't they? At least... I think so. I guess I couldn't say for sure, if the average fantasy-toy-user likes the fantasy of fangs, or finds them a turn-off. I wonder how well the Dragon Muzzle and Werewolf Muzzle sell? The former has lots of nubby teeth (they feel amazing btw, from experience) and the latter has... well, I don't really like the humanoid teeth but it does have those large canines (fangs).

And your comment about the barbed and extended tongue being a nice treat for ladies reminds me of a post I saw... about a female toyer who purchased a Werewolf Muzzle just to stick a vibe in it for grinding. Hahah, imagine a cat purring between your legs!~

Oh definitely. If I get the time, I might be able to draw up/3D model a saber toothed tiger. The tongue should be wide I think, more coverage area. Lots and lots of teeth. I don't know if they'd be able to do it though, just because penetrables are so soft I feel like they might be prone to tearing in the mold. I hope not though, is be reeally interested in this toy.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.

Return to “Toys: Ideas and Suggestions”