Glitches/bugs/other oopsies

Have an idea for a new toy, or want more detailed feedback on your Labs design? You're in the right place! Feel free to share and discuss new ideas here.
wolfy

Glitches/bugs/other oopsies

Postby wolfy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:21 am

i figured that if someone sees a bad bit of coding.broken image,bad link, etc that they should have a topic reserved to post it in.

so far i have found only a few minor things.

- in all of the toy descriptions you used a copy paste of part of the ridgeback description for the warranty(forgot to change toy names)

- dragon tongue toy pic is broken

and i will post more as i find them. and i encourage others to do the same. so Bad Dragon will be the best that it can :)
Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Re: Glitches/bugs/other oopsies

Postby Varka » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:07 pm

Both problems should now be fixed! Thanks for pointing them out :)

Lemmie know any others you spot.

Varka
Varka - Bad Dragon CEO

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - John F Kennedy
chafalcar2

Postby chafalcar2 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:33 am

in the description for the chimera, there's this line:

Cast in beautiful Bad Dragon silicone, the Dragon Tongue is guaranteed for 25 years and is designed to last.
Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Postby Varka » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:28 am

Fixed!
Varka - Bad Dragon CEO

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - John F Kennedy
Talarath

Postby Talarath » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:40 pm

Stuff I've noticed <_<

1. Forum ToS has no age statement and is contradicting the forum purpose on some limitations (thread in general about it)
2. Seems the forum default theme is phpbb, and you have to manually set it to the BD forum theme in settings. It's the only theme option in settings, so I didnt realise that was it so never hit submit until I changed something on that page then it worked.
3. *cracks a whip* No packaging images on the FAQ. Its a little over a month since you said you should have had them up :twisted:
Talon Phier

Postby Talon Phier » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:11 pm

I've noticed that on a few screens, some of the text continues off of the side of the page. its only on the home website though and not on the froums. for example http://www.bad-dragon.com/faq , and http://www.bad-dragon.com/contact .
To be a Hero, you need Dreams......And Honor.
Designer of the naga
[01:49] <Talon_Phier> It's a epic and unique feeling to know that someone is using something you created to have sex with.
Click for my Rabbit hole page
chafalcar2

Postby chafalcar2 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:52 am

Talon Phier wrote:I've noticed that on a few screens, some of the text continues off of the side of the page. its only on the home website though and not on the froums. for example http://www.bad-dragon.com/faq , and http://www.bad-dragon.com/contact .

it doesn't for me. please provide more details. what browser? what screen resolution?
Talon Phier

Postby Talon Phier » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:44 am

internet explorer 6 and true color 24 bit with screen resolution 1024 by 768, plus im working with windows me, lol im too cheap to take my new pc online
To be a Hero, you need Dreams......And Honor.
Designer of the naga
[01:49] <Talon_Phier> It's a epic and unique feeling to know that someone is using something you created to have sex with.
Click for my Rabbit hole page
Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Postby Varka » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:23 pm

I think it's an IE6 specific bug. I'll look into it when I have time.

random fact: did you know that over 58% of visitors to Bad Dragon use Firefox? :D
Varka - Bad Dragon CEO

Vhisss

Postby Vhisss » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:33 pm

Firfox 3 here.. now I just need to get the 500GB HD and External enclosure kit to work.. grrr.
We all die, so go ahead and live a little. : A bunch of orders, some for myself some for others. :
C-Rex

Postby C-Rex » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:08 am

Vhisss wrote:now I just need to get the 500GB HD and External enclosure kit to work.. grrr.

Why would you use an external HD when you can have four internal HDs on twin RAID 0 arrays? 8-)
#18-Tailcock - #995-Orkin - #3550-Varka - #5852-XL Gryphon - #7224-Freeman - #9390-Vag - #10685-Lrg Tailstretcher - #14798-Lrg Dobie - #28496-Vag MKII - #78892-XL Karabos
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
- Ayn Rand
Jareth

Postby Jareth » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:30 am

C-Rex wrote:
Vhisss wrote:now I just need to get the 500GB HD and External enclosure kit to work.. grrr.

Why would you use an external HD when you can have four internal HDs on twin RAID 0 arrays? 8-)

Why have four internal HDs on twin RAID 0 arrays, when I can use my perfectly good canoe?!

Tell me the movie that was from and I'll.... I dunno. I'll do something good. =3
I'm kinda comin' back. Again.

I own:
A rather empty toybox.

Vhisss

Postby Vhisss » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:00 pm

It's called a lack of internal space, and motherboard only having ONE IDE ribbon cable connector (ribbons have 2 connectors.. one is for dvd player.. other is for other drive) Figured I'd give up on external kit.. copy all my 80 over to my primary.. swap it out for the 500 done..

Still.. need a full tower, better motherboard.. upgrade CPU.. upgrade RAM.. etc etc.. all in time.. blah.. just work on art tablet first.. then a toy.. then maybe more comp upgrades.
We all die, so go ahead and live a little. : A bunch of orders, some for myself some for others. :
chafalcar2

Postby chafalcar2 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:42 pm

C-Rex wrote:

because raid 0 kills data dead and the performance gains for most purposes are negligible?

though for a case, i like this one, which is what i have. nice case to build in and it's fairly cheap too. only issues with it are the tool-less expansion case holder (it sucks, but i haven't yet seen one that doesn't) and large videocards (8800gts and the like) require a bit of futzing (in my case, i had to install the hard drive and plug it in before putting in the videocard or it wouldn't all fit), though the tool-less drive holder things are the best i've yet seen. quick and simple and they hold as good as screws.

also, if you don't mind juryrigging, you can slap a 3rd fan onto the side. the screw hole holding the lock tab at the back is the same size as a fan screw hole, so a fan screws right there nicely. keeps my videocard (an evga 8800gts) a bit cooler (which is a good idea. it idles at 56C even with the fan there).
Vhisss

Postby Vhisss » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:21 am

I just no the two holding bays aren't intended for HD's cause for one.. they are too big.. and two.. test run with my 80 up in that space.. shutdown and pulling it out.. the fucker was over a hundred degree's... NOT a good thing.

80's now taking up space on a table, the 500 is inside and 'hanging free'.

I removed the extra ethernet card (2 porst) to give my 9600 GT space for it's fan to work properly. (damn things are too tight together) And aside from swapping out the PS from it's stock to a 500.. and throwing in the 9600, and an extra HD the rest is stock. Does fine so far.
C-Rex

Postby C-Rex » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:30 am

Jareth wrote:Why have four internal HDs on twin RAID 0 arrays, when I can use my perfectly good canoe?!

Tell me the movie that was from and I'll.... I dunno. I'll do something good. =3

Nothing good for me, I guess. Not too familiar with a lot of movies.

But why would I want a perfectly good canoe...
...when I could use a perfectly good Marlin 1895 GS "Tactical"?

Data corruption hasn't been a problem, and it is pretty fast using good SATA hard disks. They have over 12,000 hours on them without a single error so far, so I think that's pretty good.
Last edited by C-Rex on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#18-Tailcock - #995-Orkin - #3550-Varka - #5852-XL Gryphon - #7224-Freeman - #9390-Vag - #10685-Lrg Tailstretcher - #14798-Lrg Dobie - #28496-Vag MKII - #78892-XL Karabos
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
- Ayn Rand
Jareth

Postby Jareth » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:32 am

C-Rex wrote:
Jareth wrote:Why have four internal HDs on twin RAID 0 arrays, when I can use my perfectly good canoe?!

Nothing good for me, I guess. Not too familiar with a lot of movies.

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery. x3 I watched it the other night when it came on. Sorry, guys, I'm lame.
I'm kinda comin' back. Again.

I own:
A rather empty toybox.

Aurelia

Postby Aurelia » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:38 am

I'm having an issue signing up to the main site so I can place an order. It won't accept my phone number as being real and I'm not sure if maybe you need it in a different format to how I'm putting it? I've tried every possible way I can think but it's still saying I haven't filled it in correctly and, as such, can't register.

Without giving my phone number on here, the formats I've used are:
+44(0)1234 567891
+441234 567891
Both without any spaces, both with a space after the +44, the first with a space after the +44(0) part, both with a space in a different place... endless different combinations! So very VERY frustrating. Help please :cry:
scaler

Postby scaler » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:19 am

Aurelia wrote:I'm having an issue signing up to the main site so I can place an order. It won't accept my phone number as being real and I'm not sure if maybe you need it in a different format to how I'm putting it? I've tried every possible way I can think but it's still saying I haven't filled it in correctly and, as such, can't register.

Without giving my phone number on here, the formats I've used are:
+44(0)1234 567891
+441234 567891
Both without any spaces, both with a space after the +44, the first with a space after the +44(0) part, both with a space in a different place... endless different combinations! So very VERY frustrating. Help please :cry:

Try changing the "+" to "00". For example:

When dialling internationally, there is no plus (+) on the telephone, so two zeros must be dialled instead.
Aurelia

Postby Aurelia » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:36 pm

Thanks for the suggestion scaler but no, that doesn't work either :/

It says next to the phone number field "Please note - a valid phone number (with country code, beginning with +) is required for international orders!" so I'm really stuck as to what I'm supposed to be doing differently :?:

Return to “Toys: Ideas and Suggestions”