- A search that works. At the moment, it can't view more than a page without glitching out, and it shows designs that haven't been approved yet.
- A full clear of current suggestions (aside from winners) so that designs that people have abandoned won't be put up against ones that have people actively supporting them. It also means anyone who doesn't keep up with BD any more but submitted a design doesn't have to worry about it being used, and the new version can have a better selection. Maybe even prune out submissions after each contest period, so if something happens and a designer can't access BD, their design won't be used without their knowledge?
- Better prizes, in my opinion. The amount of money winners get compared to how much money BD makes from the design is way, way too little, especially when the designs BD has been putting out have been a little same-y.
- Inline comments / feedback, so designs don't have to have discussion threads on the forums in order to be updated.
- A way to tell when designs have been updated.
- Subscribing to certain designers, maybe, so you can get alerts if someone you like makes something new?
- Removal of the 'Bad Dragon can use your design even if it doesn't win' rule. That's just sketchy.
If you want to use someone's work, pay them for it.
- An easier way to remove your design from Labs that isn't ticketing in. That way, people can remove a design that doesn't have a chance of winning, so the Labs don't end up clogged with low-quality stuff or spam.
- An easier way for other creators to have stolen designs removed. I know some people have submitted things that are essentially traces of other store's work, and I don't like that that plus the rule about BD owning everything submitted gives them a legal loophole to steal from other creators. If it's not a loophole they want to exploit, it should be an easy fix.
- Labs winners having categories, and a winner from each category. That way a penetrable isn't up against an insertable - having two different uses competing against each other is going to end up with some voter bias, and the design picked may not be the best.
- Some kind of restriction on what toys can be inspired by. Maybe it's all well and dandy for you guys, but I don't want to see something like a Spyro the Dragon penis, or... well, I can't think of anything else made for children that BD hasn't already used, so maybe this point is moot.
- Maybe a design can only have a chance to win three times, so there's motivation to really improve the design before the voting period, and a designer that doesn't do well has to come up with something new and better so that the stuff in Labs isn't always rehashing of the same horse and dog designs?
- This might just be my own personal complaint, but I wish it was clearer that BD Labs is not the only option, and that putting your stuff in BD Labs keeps you from ever making it on your own. BD's a big company, it doesn't have to worry about a few smaller places making one or two toys; making sure people know that there are other stores and other designing possibilities would be a very nice move on their part.
Overall, really just a way to keep designs in Labs rotating instead of always being the same things, and an easier way for people to withdraw their designs from Labs if they don't want them there any more. It shouldn't be things that are too hard to implement, and I'm sure it would mean a lot to creators.