Mementos Colors!

Have an idea for a new toy, or want more detailed feedback on your Labs design? You're in the right place! Feel free to share and discuss new ideas here.
Smolbean

Mementos Colors!

Postby Smolbean » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:24 pm

(Please avoid mentioning spoilers for the game outside of a spoiler tag!)
I've beaten Persona 5 and, with all the rumors swirling around about a rerelease of the game, it's no wonder my brain is on the depths of Mementos... right?
I'm not able to come up with an actual monster dick design, at least not one that would spoil parts of the game for folks who have yet to play it. >_> (I do not want to give anyone any spoilers!) But then it hit me: Color schemes! For those who haven't played, Mementos is a dungeon in the game that is constantly evolving as the story progresses; each section of Mementos has its own color scheme.

I have a photo of one of the floors of Mementos in my spoiler tag below!
► Show Spoiler

It'd be mostly a psychedelic color, like neon purples or glow-in-the-dark greens for example -- then black and red as highlights. It'd look amazing on Demogorgon, imo!

And I'm sure I'm not the only one imagining a Blaze in Velvet Room Blue and gold... right? :nomnom:

While I can't envision a metaverse monster dick design (Not for a shortage of reference materials or anything -- seriously, where does one even begin?!) I can imagine a design based on Mementos itself. (I don't think it's BD's style, though, based on what I've seen in their shop.) Or... maybe on one of the 'shapeless' shadows (like the one depicted in the above photo) could be a good reference? That being said... Persona 5 has tons of color combos to go off of! I'd love to see what BD would create based off of something like this.
Noll

Re: Mementos Colors!

Postby Noll » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:42 pm

Smolbean wrote:(Please avoid mentioning spoilers for the game outside of a spoiler tag!)
I've beaten Persona 5 and, with all the rumors swirling around about a rerelease of the game, it's no wonder my brain is on the depths of Mementos... right?
I'm not able to come up with an actual monster dick design, at least not one that would spoil parts of the game for folks who have yet to play it. >_> (I do not want to give anyone any spoilers!) But then it hit me: Color schemes! For those who haven't played, Mementos is a dungeon in the game that is constantly evolving as the story progresses; each section of Mementos has its own color scheme.

I have a photo of one of the floors of Mementos in my spoiler tag below!
► Show Spoiler

It'd be mostly a psychedelic color, like neon purples or glow-in-the-dark greens for example -- then black and red as highlights. It'd look amazing on Demogorgon, imo!

And I'm sure I'm not the only one imagining a Blaze in Velvet Room Blue and gold... right? :nomnom:

While I can't envision a metaverse monster dick design (Not for a shortage of reference materials or anything -- seriously, where does one even begin?!) I can imagine a design based on Mementos itself. (I don't think it's BD's style, though, based on what I've seen in their shop.) Or... maybe on one of the 'shapeless' shadows (like the one depicted in the above photo) could be a good reference? That being said... Persona 5 has tons of color combos to go off of! I'd love to see what BD would create based off of something like this.

Damn if you decide to get that Demogorgon in neon purple, neon glow in the dark green with a red and black highlight (I don't know if they let you pick two for the same toy) I'd love to see a picture of it!
List of toys owned in profile.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:42 pm

Noll wrote:

Damn if you decide to get that Demogorgon in neon purple, neon glow in the dark green with a red and black highlight (I don't know if they let you pick two for the same toy) I'd love to see a picture of it!

OP is just suggesting a color idea if BD was going to do a color promotion based on Persona 5.

The Neon colors are orderable but any "custom highlight" on a toy is a hard no from BD unless it's the White or GITD one. (Or the pre-established colors like Slasher Silver, Enchanted Apple, Flints Light Natural to name a few examples, can go on any toy color but you can't "tweak them" at all)
Noll

Postby Noll » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:19 pm

Phelvia wrote:OP is just suggesting a color idea if BD was going to do a color promotion based on Persona 5.

The Neon colors are orderable but any "custom highlight" on a toy is a hard no from BD unless it's the White or GITD one. (Or the pre-established colors like Slasher Silver, Enchanted Apple, Flints Light Natural to name a few examples, can go on any toy color but you can't "tweak them" at all)

I know that BD won't offer such a color in their sales and that the only way to get it would be to make a custom order.
What I didn't know however was that you coulnd't "break" the colors from their highlights, damn. And here goes that super fun idea. *sigh* I guess that that's the marketing choice they're making: more toys and a little personnalisation options.
Would've been fun to see :smilenox: Thanks for the information anyways!
List of toys owned in profile.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:28 pm

Noll wrote:
Phelvia wrote:OP is just suggesting a color idea if BD was going to do a color promotion based on Persona 5.

I know that BD won't offer such a color in their sales and that the only way to get it would be to make a custom order.
What I didn't know however was that you coulnd't "break" the colors from their highlights, damn. And here goes that super fun idea. *sigh* I guess that that's the marketing choice they're making: more toys and a little personnalisation options.
Would've been fun to see :smilenox: Thanks for the information anyways!

No problem! Yeah it sucks, I had an idea for a toy with a red highlight and a dark blue base a while back, when I was new to buyinh. Then I learned about that rule :sniffing: I kinda wish BD would be more adventurous with their color promos instead of doing just marbles (Like...more fades, splits, especially highlights I would love to see)

I know other companies would do this idea but I haven't found any models I'd like to get it on.

Anyways, you're welcome!

Return to “Toys: Ideas and Suggestions”