Glow in the Dark Info

Have an idea for a new toy, or want more detailed feedback on your Labs design? You're in the right place! Feel free to share and discuss new ideas here.
Bye Curiosity

Glow in the Dark Info

Postby Bye Curiosity » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:54 am

I just got mystic in natural and since then, I’ve been thinking about glow in the dark from bad dragon lately. What do the each of the colors look like? Is it true you have to charge it up with sun or a blacklight? If so, I read about blacklight flashlights and thought that was really cool and then I looked it up on amazon and it was the biggest mistake I made... What sort of information can you give about glow in the dark.
My collection was starting to get too big for this, so I moved it to my profile, but my other two lists are below.

► Show Spoiler

See this? :misc13: I wish this color scheme for this tentacle would come back!, :crying:
Jasmine

Re: Glow in the Dark Info

Postby Jasmine » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:00 pm

The green and cyan are the brightest GITD colors!

Green takes hardly any charging; cyan takes a little bit, but it still glows super easy. I have a toy with a violet GITD spooky seconds highlight that I think I've been able to see maybe once. Definitely would need a UV lamp to charge that one up :stick:

No experience with the darker shade of GITD blue though, sorry.

For color examples, look for the BD Gallery page.
ImageImage
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 pm

I don't think a UV flashlight will do very much (I could be wrong though). I have a UV bulb that's 20 watts I think? It's large, and cost about $25. And it doesn't produce a lot of light. Enough to light a small area (UV is good for charging, but also, the GiTD toys look nice in UV light in general). I think UV light rays must require a lot of energy. Anyway, I think it's worth it to buy a UV bulb or a fixture, if you have a GiTD toy.

In the Bad Dragon Gallery thread, there's a time-lapse GIF showing the GiTD colors and which ones last the longest.
Padre

Postby Padre » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:50 am

Grimly Fiendish wrote:I don't think a UV flashlight will do very much (I could be wrong though). I have a UV bulb that's 20 watts I think? It's large, and cost about $25. And it doesn't produce a lot of light. Enough to light a small area (UV is good for charging, but also, the GiTD toys look nice in UV light in general). I think UV light rays must require a lot of energy. Anyway, I think it's worth it to buy a UV bulb or a fixture, if you have a GiTD toy.

In the Bad Dragon Gallery thread, there's a time-lapse GIF showing the GiTD colors and which ones last the longest.

I have a cheap 10€ UV flashlight, does the trick just fine for my one GITD toy! You kinda gotta rotate the toy, but it still works
—German|Artist|Bisexual—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Bruce|Zaratan|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
eloeelwe

Postby eloeelwe » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:36 am

A simple incandescent black light, which can be purchased at any hardware or 'big box'* store, should be sufficient to charge any glow in the dark toy. They are inexpensive, only about $5-6, and fit any standard lamp socket. It's all I have ever used, even on my custom dark GITD blue BD made for me. Not really that dark, it's just as dark as they could make and still glow.

*(Walmart, Target or the like)

See the dragon's share of my artwork, here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/eloeelwe/
Or here: http://eloeelwe.deviantart.com/
Villie

Postby Villie » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:25 am

Grimly Fiendish wrote:I don't think a UV flashlight will do very much (I could be wrong though). I have a UV bulb that's 20 watts I think? It's large, and cost about $25. And it doesn't produce a lot of light. Enough to light a small area (UV is good for charging, but also, the GiTD toys look nice in UV light in general). I think UV light rays must require a lot of energy. Anyway, I think it's worth it to buy a UV bulb or a fixture, if you have a GiTD toy.

Here's a video showing a $5 uv flashlight charging up some GITD things:
https://twitter.com/liquidcritter/statu ... 32640?s=19
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:21 am

Good to know.

Return to “Toys: Ideas and Suggestions”