Gryphon vs. gryphon?

Gryphon vs. gryphon?

Postby QueenCheetah » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:17 pm

I've been checking out the new Gryphon for my next BD toy, but it seems like everyone is still raving about the legacy version. I noticed their sizes are very different- does anyone happen to have a pic comparing a small legacy to a small (new) gryphon?
Also I'm curious as to which I'd like better- does anyone know which version has a smoother shaft? Are the barbs less pronounced on the newer version? And lastly is the knot a little smoother on the original (the newer one looks pretty bumpy O.o)?
QueenCheetah

Re: Gryphon vs. gryphon?

Postby Audax » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:48 pm

I don't have a small of either, but would a picture of a Medium Legacy versus Medium New help you? I own both of those.
The barbs are less pronounced on the New model, and the knot is less abrupt and more gradual - as well as no real room to tie with the New Gryphon. I personally feel the texture of the shaft is also smoother on the New model.
Audax
Bad Dragon Community Administrator

Postby QueenCheetah » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Audax wrote:I don't have a small of either, but would a picture of a Medium Legacy versus Medium New help you? I own both of those.

That would be awesome, thank you! :)

Audax wrote:The barbs are less pronounced on the New model, and the knot is less abrupt and more gradual - as well as no real room to tie with the New Gryphon. I personally feel the texture of the shaft is also smoother on the New model.

Hmm... sounds like the new one is more what I'm looking for; would love to see pics though just to make sure.
QueenCheetah

Postby bejurin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:48 am

i have a medium atm of the new one, and a small on its way of the legacy gryphon :/ though i have to admit curiosity about the difference between the mediums :p
bejurin

Postby dappled » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:47 pm

My medium gryphon is only just bigger than a small legacy gryphon in terms of length. In terms of knot, it's definitely chunkier though!
dappled

Postby Ceo Nadar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:15 pm

I found a size chart for the legacy on my computer. I hope it helps.

Legacy Gryphon Measurement Table.jpg
Legacy Gryphon Measurement Table.jpg (172.17 KiB) Viewed 585 times
Ceo Nadar

Postby bejurin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:48 pm

i suppose its not possible to actually order a legacy unless you find it in one of the random flop piles eh?

that medium sized legacy sounds like something i'd love :/
bejurin

Postby Mongrel Vixen » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Hey QC, I have actually experienced using both of these toys. Well..

I own a small legacy Gryphon and he's big. Very long, and somewhat pointy. The barbs feel pretty nice but can definitely be rough. He's hard to knot unless I'm in an awkward position.

On the flipside, I've also experienced a medium, new style gryphon. Length wise, they are very similar. I'd even go as far as to say they're overall very similar sized. The new version is so much sleeker and much more female friendly. In a 3 I was able to knot it without issue, no jabbyness or anything. A little long, but not unmanageable.

The knot may look bumpier and scarier, but it actually feels much better. It's much more tapered and feels so much nicer than the legacy. As far as the barbs go, I couldn't really feel them. Although this may have been the firmness.

I'd personally love to get a medium in a 5 in the near future.

Hope this is useful to you. :)
Mongrel Vixen

Postby Ceo Nadar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:56 pm

bejurin wrote:i suppose its not possible to actually order a legacy unless you find it in one of the random flop piles eh?

Yeah, it seems that BD occasionally finds a legacy to sell in one of their flop/surprise me sales. Or you can camp around the used toys thread and hope to get lucky.
Ceo Nadar

Postby bejurin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:42 pm

tooiyoake wrote:
bejurin wrote:i suppose its not possible to actually order a legacy unless you find it in one of the random flop piles eh?

Yeah, it seems that BD occasionally finds a legacy to sell in one of their flop/surprise me sales. Or you can camp around the used toys thread and hope to get lucky.

Got a small legacy in the last flop sale, I'd like a medium with a cumtube though :/ my friend said it's wonderful
bejurin

Postby Ceo Nadar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:03 pm

bejurin wrote:Got a small legacy in the last flop sale, I'd like a medium with a cumtube though :/ my friend said it's wonderful

If you want a cumtube, then you're stuck with buying the new version of the gryphon.
Ceo Nadar

Postby bejurin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:29 pm

tooiyoake wrote:
bejurin wrote:Got a small legacy in the last flop sale, I'd like a medium with a cumtube though :/ my friend said it's wonderful

If you want a cumtube, then you're stuck with buying the new version of the gryphon.

already got it *glances at its cocky goodness on the wall* Mmmmmm gryphon cock....*homer drool* x3

i've just been told so many good things about the legacy :/ not to mention that the new ones spines ain't all that noticeable whereas i've been told the legacies you can actually feel
bejurin

Postby Ceo Nadar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:44 pm

bejurin wrote:already got it *glances at its cocky goodness on the wall* Mmmmmm gryphon cock....*homer drool* x3

Ahh, ok! Sorry, I misunderstood you.
Ceo Nadar

Postby drnick » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:47 pm

It's the XL size instead of a small (bit of a difference, I know :-)), but this picture of Varka's is a good general comparison.

viewtopic.php?p=419565#p419565
drnick

Postby QueenCheetah » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:51 pm

drnick wrote:It's the XL size instead of a small (bit of a difference, I know :-)), but this picture of Varka's is a good general comparison.

viewtopic.php?p=419565#p419565

DANG those are huge :lol: But an excellent copmarison; thank you Dr. Nick!
QueenCheetah

Postby Audax » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:54 am

Sorry I fell off of the face of the planet for a while, there. Here's pictures for you, sorry the lighting is odd (it's cloudy and the flash tends to wash things out):
Gryph Comparison 001.JPG
Top down
Gryph Comparison 002.JPG
From the side

Legacy is on the top, New is on the bottom.
Audax
Bad Dragon Community Administrator

Postby QueenCheetah » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Awesome, thank you Audax!! Man that legacy is gorgeous- was that the natural option for him? Or did you choose the Varka- colors yourself? :)

EDIT: Harpy was kind enough to trade me a small legacy, so hopefully I'll be able to add my own input in the future- Yay!

EDIT EDIT: Dang- I HIGHLY recommend the Legacy for anyone lucky enough to find one- even after trying over fifty toys he's still my second favorite, and I've never failed to, erm, 'successfully' enjoy him in a session. .///.
QueenCheetah

Return to Help, Questions and Howto's Archive