Custom Color Ideas and Information: Under Construction

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Aciel

Custom Color Ideas and Information: Under Construction

Postby Aciel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:09 am

I like this thread already!

My question: All the highlighted toys I've seen so far have the highlight on both the shaft and the base. Is it possible to highlight only the base? I'm thinking of getting a Moko with a metallic gold shaft with white pearly highlighting (like Sukita's Cockatrice) and a white or cream base. The highlight probably won't show up on the base too much since they are similar colors, but I would really like to avoid the stripey effect I've seen on the bases of highlighted Mokos so far. Can it be done?
Agender asexual (pronouns eu/eur/eurs/eur’s/eurself, pronounced "eh-oo" or "eh-yr"). Not above playing around though!
Checklist and reviews!
Dear Bad Dragon: Please make Eramos a reality. <3
Mongrel Vixen

Re: Custom Color Ideas and Information

Postby Mongrel Vixen » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:57 am

I really like this thread.

I mean, I'm going to be ordering custom toys soon and this kind of thread is great because it's almost a reassurance of what can and cannot be done.

This thread will also provide a wealth of inspiration for those lacking.

I do have a question;

Would a Royal purple to bright gold fade be possible? Something like this;

FFFFFF.png
FFFFFF.png (10.01 KiB) Viewed 7933 times

Also, how would people go about getting pictures of their toys before being sent out? Naturally Im a little worried that I might get a wonky fade or the colours be off.. I've seen a lot of purple toys lately that haven't been the right purple.
Xanthos ✦ painted dog ✦ bisex/engaged ✦ bad dragon bitch ✦ Part time Pony-girl
drnick

Postby drnick » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:14 pm

I've thought this was a great idea since I first ran across the BD website. The two parts of particular interest to me personally are:

1) Pictures of all your standard color options.

Take some pictures (in a nicely lit room with a good camera/color balance/etc) of all your standard color options (solids as well as fades/splits/marbles/etc) (maybe 2-3 from different angles/lighting). This would be sooo helpful for understanding what colors like Earthy Brown and Midnight Blue really look like on a toy. Having the hex color codes as on the new site is a big improvement, but having an actual toy to look at would be fantastic.

2) Best and Craziest gallery

A gallery showing what the shop dragons think are the best and the craziest color combinations that have been ordered by customers. If you did this, it would be very cool to have a "I want one!" link or code of some kind that people can use when ordering a toy to say "Make it just like this toy over here -->".

Anyway, sounds interesting :-)
HerrAardy
Bad Dragon Staff

Postby HerrAardy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:57 pm

Mongrel Vixen wrote:I really like this thread.

Would a Royal purple to bright gold fade be possible? Something like this;

(image)

Also, how would people go about getting pictures of their toys before being sent out? Naturally Im a little worried that I might get a wonky fade or the colours be off.. I've seen a lot of purple toys lately that haven't been the right purple.

It would be best to not go for colors that are on the opposite ends of the color wheel, complementary colors like to turn the middle of the fade brown/muddy and the fade usually ends up being iffy. If you'd be okay with a little bit of a desaturated lavender it would be more easy to accomplish, but a better bet would be to have the tip or the base a different color.

About getting photos of custom toys before they go out, I'm not sure how to get a photo or if you can. Ticket, I guess! X3

drnick wrote:1) Pictures of all your standard color options.

Take some pictures (in a nicely lit room with a good camera/color balance/etc) of all your standard color options (solids as well as fades/splits/marbles/etc) (maybe 2-3 from different angles/lighting). This would be sooo helpful for understanding what colors like Earthy Brown and Midnight Blue really look like on a toy. Having the hex color codes as on the new site is a big improvement, but having an actual toy to look at would be fantastic.

Definitely this should be done! I may edit the original post with links to photos of standard colors and fades.

drnick wrote:2) Best and Craziest gallery

A gallery showing what the shop dragons think are the best and the craziest color combinations that have been ordered by customers. If you did this, it would be very cool to have a "I want one!" link or code of some kind that people can use when ordering a toy to say "Make it just like this toy over here -->".

Anyway, sounds interesting :-)

I plan to get a better setup to take photos rather than just using my cellphone so the colors will be more correct and it would be easier to replicate. If I provide hex codes it's probably still a good idea to link the photo of what you're wanting to replicate in the order notes just to make sure we get a good grasp of what you're looking to get.
Sidereal

Postby Sidereal » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:30 am

HerrAardy wrote:
Aciel wrote:I like this thread already!

My question: All the highlighted toys I've seen so far have the highlight on both the shaft and the base. Is it possible to highlight only the base? I'm thinking of getting a Moko with a metallic gold shaft with white pearly highlighting (like Sukita's Cockatrice) and a white or cream base. The highlight probably won't show up on the base too much since they are similar colors, but I would really like to avoid the stripey effect I've seen on the bases of highlighted Mokos so far. Can it be done?

For some toys it's possible to eliminate the highlighting on the base... like David or Bruiser. Probably could eliminate *most* of the highlighting on the Moko's base, too, if not all of it. Toys like Crackers or Chance that have an indistinct or gradual transition between the shaft and the base would be more difficult to highlight the shaft only.

The stripey effect could definitely be prevented, though.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, is it possible to get highlights on ONLY the shaft? After seeing some of those white highlighted razors, I'm definitely interested in knowing :3
Owned:
Breeder, S/5/Dark Natural - "Sköll"
Water Horse, S/3/Light Natural - "Rannoch"
Winston, S/5/Metallic Red & Silver
Moko, S/5/Natural
Cockatrice, S/5/Custom Glowing Split
Gryphon, S/8/Dark Natural
Waterhorse, M/5/Ice Blue Split
Xenogon, S/8/Crimson Drake
Mongrel Vixen

Postby Mongrel Vixen » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:31 am

Thanks for the info, Aardy. Bit gutted.. Not sure whether to risk it and possibly be unhappy, or just to get a solid royal purple pearl shaft with a gold highlight..

How much would a single colour w/ highlight be, out of interest?
Xanthos ✦ painted dog ✦ bisex/engaged ✦ bad dragon bitch ✦ Part time Pony-girl
per haps!

Postby per haps! » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:04 am

Something I've always been curious about:

What would you ask for if you wanted a coloration like the large flared Chance shown on the product site? It's not a marble, I don't *think* it's a fade, it's not a highlight, but it's very pretty.

How would you request that?
Toys with a medium (8) Flared Chance with cumtube, a small (8) Cockatrice, an 8 Dragon's Tongue with metallic gold highlight, a medium (3) Xar, a small (5) Razor, an XL (8) Winston's Tail, a large (5) Legacy Drippy Dragon and a Chico.
Things for trade or sale

I can be slow about reading PMs---don't take it personally :)
Avatar courtesy of MadKeith, and it gets better.
bladejtr

Postby bladejtr » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:11 am

looks like a brown to flesh colored fade to me.
current wishlist:
Considering an XL Gryphon

:glomp: :glomp: :glomp:
I dunno about the rest of you, but this smiley is not a glomp imo.
It is surprise buttsex.
The best kind of buttsex.
Aciel

Postby Aciel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:21 pm

I have another question, regarding marbling!

On this toy, for example, we can tell that it's a marble, but on some parts of the toy, the colors seem mixed a bit, especially the head. I really like this effect (it looks a little bit like a candy cane!) and was wondering if that was an accident, and if it can be recreated, would count as a fade.
Agender asexual (pronouns eu/eur/eurs/eur’s/eurself, pronounced "eh-oo" or "eh-yr"). Not above playing around though!
Checklist and reviews!
Dear Bad Dragon: Please make Eramos a reality. <3
HerrAardy
Bad Dragon Staff

Postby HerrAardy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Aciel wrote:I have another question, regarding marbling!

On this toy, for example, we can tell that it's a marble, but on some parts of the toy, the colors seem mixed a bit, especially the head. I really like this effect (it looks a little bit like a candy cane!) and was wondering if that was an accident, and if it can be recreated, would count as a fade.

That would count as just a regular marble. You can put in your order notes how you'd like your marble to be executed, if you don't leave anything in your notes we just do what we think would look best.

You can ask for the colors to be sort of wispy or blended like that and by linking to this photo describing what you mean we can replicate it. It may not work with *all* color combinations, but I can't think of any in particular it wouldn't work with atm.
DOXOlove

Postby DOXOlove » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 am

I really REALLY love how this marble turned out on this ready stock moko (was tempted to buy it at the time on that effect alone). Is it possible to start a marble like that the full 360 of the shaft while having it slowly wisp into the color on the bottom? If that was sheer luck, it was a damn nice effect. :U

If not, def want to order something with that kind of marble in the future!
Attachments
IMG_00383.JPG
Artsites: [HF] - [FA] - [Tumblr]
PM me for estimates on Commissions!
ruffruffwolf

Postby ruffruffwolf » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:55 pm

How finely can you mix marbles? I am thinking of getting a razor in something similar to the Elypse Art dicks. However, I want it to be mostly red with white mixed in, just barely though. Is that even doable or will the colors just mix together too much?
magpie

Postby magpie » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:37 pm

HerrAardy you are a goddamn genius. When I place my mass order (8 or 10 toys) I am doing "surprise me" on every single goddamn one and requesting that you make them all! I am terrible, just awful, at coming up with attractive or neat combos, but you are a wizard! :glomp:
Please click my dragon eggs!
ImageImageImageImageImage
HornyUnicorn

Postby HornyUnicorn » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:35 pm

DOXOlove wrote:I really REALLY love how this marble turned out on this ready stock moko (was tempted to buy it at the time on that effect alone). Is it possible to start a marble like that the full 360 of the shaft while having it slowly wisp into the color on the bottom? If that was sheer luck, it was a damn nice effect. :U

THIS.

I would love to buy future toys with marbling on the shaft just like this Moko. If its doable, is it limited to certain toy models and sizes?

This also makes me question just what exactly IS possible with a marble. Like could I order a toy and say, have the head of the shaft a solid color, with the rest of the shaft a marble mix? I'd definately be interested in seeing more pics of marbled toys just to see what is possible.

And oh my...the con stock Pride Streak Moko wangs...I had the best time ever previewing the different patterns before I bought one off the Adoption page. Thanks to preview pics I was able to pick one with a shaft pattern I really liked (mostly black with less orange).
Putting weird objects in her vagina for science!

Owns: alot of toys.

I bought a wiener as big as my arm from Bad Dragon!
HerrAardy
Bad Dragon Staff

Postby HerrAardy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:13 pm

DOXOlove wrote:I really REALLY love how this marble turned out on this ready stock moko (was tempted to buy it at the time on that effect alone). Is it possible to start a marble like that the full 360 of the shaft while having it slowly wisp into the color on the bottom? If that was sheer luck, it was a damn nice effect. :U

I think a marble like that could be done again. When people order a marble we try to get the colors pretty evenly throughout, but we could always do it differently if asked to.

ruffruffwolf wrote:How finely can you mix marbles? I am thinking of getting a razor in something similar to the Elypse Art dicks. However, I want it to be mostly red with white mixed in, just barely though. Is that even doable or will the colors just mix together too much?

I think by just doing a marble we wouldn't be able to get the effect of their toys regardless to how tightly we do it... though we can try to get as close as possible.

magpie wrote:HerrAardy you are a goddamn genius. When I place my mass order (8 or 10 toys) I am doing "surprise me" on every single goddamn one and requesting that you make them all! I am terrible, just awful, at coming up with attractive or neat combos, but you are a wizard! :glomp:

Sounds like a fun challenge... I wouldn't mind! XD

HornyUnicorn wrote:I would love to buy future toys with marbling on the shaft just like this Moko. If its doable, is it limited to certain toy models and sizes?

This also makes me question just what exactly IS possible with a marble. Like could I order a toy and say, have the head of the shaft a solid color, with the rest of the shaft a marble mix? I'd definately be interested in seeing more pics of marbled toys just to see what is possible.

And oh my...the con stock Pride Streak Moko wangs...I had the best time ever previewing the different patterns before I bought one off the Adoption page. Thanks to preview pics I was able to pick one with a shaft pattern I really liked (mostly black with less orange).

Cool marble patterns are more easy to accomplish on thicker/less bendy toys, but are mostly possible on anything. Tentacle is a possible exception.

Having a solid colored head going into a marble would be very doable.
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:26 pm

Is it possible to marble a tentacle everywhere BUT the suckers?
So like basically, a marble with a solid color stripe down where the suckers are.
I want a tentacle that resembles the one off the Offspring's Americana album.
HerrAardy
Bad Dragon Staff

Postby HerrAardy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Vitani wrote:Is it possible to marble a tentacle everywhere BUT the suckers?
So like basically, a marble with a solid color stripe down where the suckers are.
I want a tentacle that resembles the one off the Offspring's Americana album.

I know we've done fades with a stripe, I can see a marble with a stripe as doable. However, the stripe may be a little more translucent than usual.
bladejtr

Postby bladejtr » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:38 pm

Is it possible to do a split that's marble/marble.
Like the base 2 colors marbled, then the shaft 2 different colors also marbled?
current wishlist:
Considering an XL Gryphon

:glomp: :glomp: :glomp:
I dunno about the rest of you, but this smiley is not a glomp imo.
It is surprise buttsex.
The best kind of buttsex.
HerrAardy
Bad Dragon Staff

Postby HerrAardy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:41 pm

bladejtr wrote:Is it possible to do a split that's marble/marble.
Like the base 2 colors marbled, then the shaft 2 different colors also marbled?

Yep!

I've done that for a few surprise me toys out there.
Cas

Postby Cas » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:45 pm

I know what you said about secondary colours but what about things such as black and brights such as these colours would look marbled? I was also wondering if they'd look alright with a metallic and glow in the dark effect?

And also thank you very much :smile:

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”