Strap on O rings?

Strap on O rings?

Postby Cammii » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:37 pm

I usually don't like making posts like this, but does anyone here know were I could find O rings for a strap on that are larger than 2 inches? Because compared to most toys on the market, BD's are a little.....big. Hahah. And my 2" O ring can fit my Sm Seadragon with a bit of wiggle room, but I'd like a larger ring, preferably rubber, to have in case of a larger toy. Thanks in advance for any help. :D
Cammii

Re: Strap on O rings?

Postby Sindorei » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:58 pm

hardware stores or dog or horse supply will have metal O and D rings of ALL sizes, but they will be steel or brass or nickel. Not sure what you are looking for exactly?
Sindorei

Postby AstralDescent » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:00 pm

She's looking for a ring so she can use her bigger bd stuff in a harness. Steel might work but I'm not sure.

On that note I haven't seen any harness rings over 2" diameter >.< I'm sorry.
AstralDescent

Postby Cammii » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:06 am

Thanks to everyone who replied! :D I'll probably end up checking out a hardware store the next time I go on an adventure. I did try ebay, and 2" was the biggest. Most were odd car rings the were 3/4" and 1/2" which doesnt really do me any good. I did find sites with a 4" rubber rings, but you had to have a min order of 500, or 1000, and I dont need THAT many. Hahaha.
Cammii

Postby Makybe Diva » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:04 am

Cammi, I'm looking for the same thing you are - bigger O-rings. And I probably found those same manufacturers who sell them by the gazillions to industry for manufacturing.

But the 2 places I checked both insist to their customers that they need to test the rings they're ordering in real life production environments, to be sure they work properly. If you register with them, samples and test quantities can be ordered from them. That's what I'm going to do, once I know the actual sizes and materials I need. I'll have to check with my manufacturers to see which of the available materials I should request. One of these companies makes O-rings in 7 different material formulas - from polyurethane to rubber to silicone. Other than silicone being a "no-no", I have no idea about the compatibility between the other materials and my toys.

Message me, if you have questions, or just want to give me a list of the toys and O-ring sizes you are seeking. We might be able to join forces and solve this problem. None of the hardware stores in my area carry what we want. Not even Graingers.
Makybe Diva

Postby Raknar » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:01 am

Raknar

Postby Makybe Diva » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Raknar, you're a bloody genius! I Googled until I was blue in the face, and couldn't find anyone who sold O-rings individually. This place is saved to my faves, and I'll email or call them tomorrow to check on material compatability between silicone objects and various O-Ring materials.

TWO big cookies and a :glomp: for you!
Makybe Diva

Postby Raknar » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:40 am

i think Ethylene Propylene will be the best bet, to my understanding, it's a synthetic rubber
Raknar

Postby fuyutsuki » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:41 pm

the last time I was looking for larger o-rings I ended up at home depot.

Danco makes some bigger o-rings

#116 o-rings are about 3" dia
#120 are about 4"
#122 are about 5.5"

the website shows them in packs of 20 but I think I was able to pick them up individually in the store.
fuyutsuki

Return to Help, Questions and Howto's Archive