toys still tearing?

Share the Bad Dragon experience - post tales of their use (and videos, and images....) here!
BE ADVISED this section (and all posts therein) are considered NSFW!
Umbra

toys still tearing?

Postby Umbra » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:51 am

It's been a while now and I just wanna ask.... are the male toys still tearing and not been redesigned yet? Specifically hazel, the dragoness muzzle and the rest?
Padre

Re: toys still tearing?

Postby Padre » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:03 am

Personally I don't own any penetrables, so take this with a grain of salt, but I've still recently seen comments about penetrables tearing -- so it doesn't seem to have been fixed universally?
From what I understand it's also mainly an issue with the concept and material itself, and I suppose in many models a fix just isn't possible without completely ditching the concept.

From what I gather, the tighter the penetrable and the bigger you are, the more likely a tear is gonna happen, so I personally would just pick a more loose model and treat it gently :stick: Or risk it and hope for the best?
There's a thread over here listing how tight each model is: [x]
—German|Artist|Bisexual—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Bruce|Zaratan|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
Umbra

Postby Umbra » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:37 am

Padre wrote:Personally I don't own any penetrables, so take this with a grain of salt, but I've still recently seen comments about penetrables tearing -- so it doesn't seem to have been fixed universally?
From what I understand it's also mainly an issue with the concept and material itself, and I suppose in many models a fix just isn't possible without completely ditching the concept.

From what I gather, the tighter the penetrable and the bigger you are, the more likely a tear is gonna happen, so I personally would just pick a more loose model and treat it gently :stick: Or risk it and hope for the best?

Thanks for the info. In all honesty, this turns me away from BD a lot.
Padre

Postby Padre » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:50 am

Umbra wrote:
Padre wrote:Personally I don't own any penetrables, so take this with a grain of salt, but I've still recently seen comments about penetrables tearing -- so it doesn't seem to have been fixed universally?

As much as I have my own issues with BD, and reasons to not throw money at them so lightheartedly in the future (by God, we are still fighting over the horrendously bad custom I received), I honestly don't think tears on penetrables are their fault. Penetrables of all sorts and from all kinds of companies are notorious for tearing, and have a low life expectancy, not just those from BD. It's just in the nature of those products, especially when they are made from vulnerable silicone instead of body-harmful but more sturdy materials...
If you buy a penetrable from any company, and especially if you are more girthy/use it roughly/the toy is especially tight, then you just have to expect tears :doh:

It's like ropes, no matter how expensive and high quality they are, under steady use they will have to be replaced at some point
—German|Artist|Bisexual—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Bruce|Zaratan|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:10 am

Our Janine's Muzzle has a slight tear in the corners of her mouth, but otherwise we haven't had any tearing issues (we have four- Janine, her muzzle, Sophia, and Twitch).

I think any of the triangular entrances (such as corners of the mouth or Hazel's shape) will always be at risk of tearing just because of the shape. I don't think BD can do much about it, it's just how the shape handles the stress of silicone stretching.
Female | 27 | Married
ImageImage Admirer of shiny dongs
Umbra

Postby Umbra » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:07 pm

You guys got a point... its just, I work with silicone when I build aquariums and that stuff is EXTREMELY hard to tear, so... Yeah, I also know it ain't platinum cure silicone either.

oh well. I'll give it a wait. I'm just disappointed because I like none of the other shapes that are not prone to tearing and I've been watching for over a year now with no real progress. I wanna spend my money on something I will like, but also something that lasts, not something I can like for... what, a week? that's... yeah.

oh well, thanks for you guys' input!
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:10 pm

Tears don't usually make the toy unusable. They just look bad, and even then, sometimes you won't notice the tear without a close inspection.

Also, we are all shaped differently. It's not a problem with every single person/toy.
Gruvian

Postby Gruvian » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:09 pm

I have Hazel & Dragoness Muzzle. And, I... think there might be some micro tears on my hazel's tri-fold, but its of the I need to look it over with a magnifying glass kind of thing.

My Dragoness Muzzle has none so far (knock on wood). Looking at her color pattern though, the colors seem to ripple a lot more near the tear known mouth points. Its almost like that area go extra attention during molding(like they strengthened it). Might be part of a newer molding procedure(mine is about a year old).

That said, I feel a lot of tearing comes down to 3 factors:
1: Lube, not enough was used, nor a good lube lube used (sorry BD, cumlube is not really good for masturbators).
2: Harder use. Some users really go at their toys, and screw them in creative ways(say, like humping them in a couch cushion). Though fun, this puts a lot more stress on the toys than using your hands.
3: Dick size. Particularly for some of the smaller toys, a large member can cause tearing.

Or put another way, if you are an average sized Joe, who uses a lot of water lube, and is careful in your play, then your toys should be fine.

Edit: Here is a photo to show what I meant by the color rippling, that might bee due to a strengthening process:
P1040304 copy.jpg

You can see how the color shifts right around were it was known to tear(lips end). It is the same for the other.
Sorbet

Postby Sorbet » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Hio! Female here, speaking on behalf of her S/O. He's up to... about 8 penetrables now? give or take.

The only one that's torn since we've had them is the dragoness muzzle. She's got a tear on the right side of her mouth, outside. Same place everyones' seems to tear. We also secondhand bought a Perry that had a couple internal tears that were repaired by Silpoxy. I don't think it's BD making the toys badly, I think it's just how penetrables of that material are.
ImageImageImageImage
Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Kyuushi

Postby Kyuushi » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:42 pm

Disappointing to say that yeah, toys are still tearing. We very recently (14 days ago from this post) got a Janine's Muzzle, much to our delight... she's pretty darn perfect really but,

In a session we recently did, both corners of her mouth tore a bit, one more than the other. We've used the toy maybe max like 5 times, and there's already damage. Perhaps I was being a bit overenthusiastic, yes, but... still sucks.

We're worried the tear will get bigger. I know there's a sticky'd post on to how to fix tears, but does that method work for the Dragoness Muzzle as well?

I'd hope but I highly doubt we'd be lucky enough to get a replacement or compensation over warranty since it's a sleeve.
//WebsiteFurAffinityTumblr\\

Owner of:
Furious Night Nox (small, medium firmness) // Joyous Celebration Crackers (small, medium firmness)
Adopted, Glow in the Dark Meng (one-size, medium firmness)
Halloween Orange Legacy Seadragon (small, medium firmness) // Custom Color Legacy Ridgeback (small, soft firmness)

Shared with my mate:
Dashing Janine's Muzzle / Natural Austin / Onyx Razor / Sale Color Magnus' Sheath / Adopted Chico Lil' Squirt
Kiran

Postby Kiran » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Kyuushi wrote:In a session we recently did, both corners of her mouth tore a bit, one more than the other. We've used the toy maybe max like 5 times, and there's already damage. Perhaps I was being a bit overenthusiastic, yes, but... still sucks.

Being a bit overenthusiastic... like you were doing it really hard the way close to try to go deeper than physically possible if it were not silicone?

Also, can I ask if you are larger than the norm? I'm going to order a penetrable soon and your comment makes me wonder if I go with the janine muzzle or sofia right now. still cannot makes my choice right now, and the tearing variable might play against Janine muzzle.

Thanks!
Kyuushi

Postby Kyuushi » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Kiran wrote: Being a bit overenthusiastic... like you were doing it really hard the way close to try to go deeper than physically possible if it were not silicone?

Also, can I ask if you are larger than the norm? I'm going to order a penetrable soon and your comment makes me wonder if I go with the janine muzzle or sofia right now. still cannot makes my choice right now, and the tearing variable might play against Janine muzzle.

Thanks!

As a side note, I am female, and I use the toy on my male mate the most :P

He is just a bit above average, but we think the tearing happened from pushing the toy down on his shaft too hard/deep, making the nose/chin of the toy press against his body roughly and pushing the mouth open further than necessary, which caused the tearing. I mentioned overenthusiastic as in I was pressing it down further to try and see the tip of his dick peeking out from the end of the toy, so yes. XD

The toy is a great visual stimulation for me, so I was possibly a bit rougher than needed, but it's still disappointing that after just a few times of using it the tear happened.

Here's the tearing if you're curious.

Seems on the Muzzles the corners of the mouth is a very common tear. From what I've been reading pretty much every single masturbator BD has will get a tear at some point, even with careful usage and copious lube. Rather discouraging when we wanted to get a silicone toy anticipating it'd hold up stronger than most other masturbators on the market.
//WebsiteFurAffinityTumblr\\

Owner of:
Furious Night Nox (small, medium firmness) // Joyous Celebration Crackers (small, medium firmness)
Adopted, Glow in the Dark Meng (one-size, medium firmness)
Halloween Orange Legacy Seadragon (small, medium firmness) // Custom Color Legacy Ridgeback (small, soft firmness)

Shared with my mate:
Dashing Janine's Muzzle / Natural Austin / Onyx Razor / Sale Color Magnus' Sheath / Adopted Chico Lil' Squirt
Kiran

Postby Kiran » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:43 pm

Kyuushi wrote:...

Thank you for your reply and for the photo of the tear! And sorry, I did not meant any disrespect, just that you always talk as "we" so I assumed wrongly.

I'm with you though on the dissapointment, but I will use your experience as something I will not try. I know the fun of getting the dick out of the toy, it brings other sensations :stick: But it will be a no no with a BD penetrable!

Thank you for your input!
Krrst

Postby Krrst » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:55 am

Yeah, my janines muzzle tore in the same way. However, I've had some decent luck repairing her with sil-poxy. It did take a few applications but just last night i had a rough couple sessions with her and she held up.

While all toys can tear and it depends on how rough and big the person is, only janine's muzzle and hazel commonly tear. Luckily, sil-poxy has kept the tears from spreading, at least in my experience it's worked.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop by and suggest trying the poxy to get your toy back in working condition.
BigTee

Postby BigTee » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:53 pm

The only toy ive managed to tear was Lily, I stuffed 3 fingers in it, stupid of me
Villie

Postby Villie » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:09 pm

Umbra wrote:

This is an issue with silicone penetrables in general, not just BD's models hrmm.
seeking: BD: kippy, mini egg plug
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Villie

Postby Villie » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:13 pm

To add, I've heard a lot of people report that they've never had tearing on the Duke's muzzle, unlike Janine's.
PM me! Image
Irixion

Postby Irixion » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:41 pm

I wouldn't say that this is a problem just isolated to penetrables. Insertables also tear. I own some older toys and I've bought some newer toys...There isn't much consistency to how they feel, even on a texture level. Firmness is similar between them, but I've noticed some tearing on my less used toys, and my more heavily used toys don't have any at all.
I do toy trades. :>
Villie

Postby Villie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:03 pm

Irixion wrote:I wouldn't say that this is a problem just isolated to penetrables. Insertables also tear. I own some older toys and I've bought some newer toys...There isn't much consistency to how they feel, even on a texture level. Firmness is similar between them, but I've noticed some tearing on my less used toys, and my more heavily used toys don't have any at all.

Huh, I've never experienced tearing on insertables before
PM me! Image
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:21 pm

^ A few people have had their insertables split in half, usually at a colour split. Like, someone had a toy with a different colour shaft to the base, and the shaft fell off the toy one day. Wasn't an immediate happening or anything, it took a while, but I guess it can happen.

As for penetrables tearing, any of them can, some much easier than others.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.

Return to “Sharing Experiences”