Where do you keep your toys?

Share the Bad Dragon experience - post tales of their use (and videos, and images....) here!
BE ADVISED this section (and all posts therein) are considered NSFW!
Orange-Narcolepsy
Gender: Female by organs, intergalactic space invader by heart.

Re: Where do you keep your toys?

Postby Orange-Narcolepsy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:27 pm

SleeplessSupernova wrote:
Orange-Narcolepsy wrote:
badkitty76 wrote:That box is very nice looking.

Thank you~! Michael's arts and crafts store boxes plus some wood stain from Lowes goes a long way! ;D

What box did you get? It's so beautiful and I've been looking for some craft ideas of my own :laugh:

I got the box at Michael's art's and craft store. It was one of the larger wooden boxes they sell. It was a pretty plain box, so I also got the decorative rims separately and stuck them on with wood glue (after cutting them to the right lengths). I then got wood stain, expanding foam, wood glue and sanding paper from Lowe's Home Improvement. I got the fabric from Jo Anne's Fabrics. My friend put the separator in himself, but I'm not sure where he got it from. It's just a piece of wood glued in there, so you could get that anywhere. If you're going to use the expanding foam, then just make sure to test it out first - we found out that the foam's color would leek through the fabric if it wasn't layered up.
Doing charity work is like peeing your pants - everyone can see the results, but only you can feel the warmth :3
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:52 pm

Strawberryjuice wrote:I don't want to brag, which means that I do, but I think I might have found the perfect place to hide my toys. I mean, until I get 3-4 more and run out of space, but hopefully I have my own apartment by then. It's someplace where you can't see them, where my family will never find them, it's dry and airy (which feels like a good thing, though I don't exactly know). It's out of reach for pets, and discreet. No huge lockboxes to provoke curiosity. What is this place? My bookshelf.

The shelf is rather deep, meaning I can hide my toys behind the books, while still having the books deep enough in the shelf to not be suspicious. And I'm not saying that my family doesn't read, but this is my second favourite shelf. Most of it's fantasy or scifi, genres that I'm the only one in my family who reads (outside of Harry Potter, which is in my favourite shelf). And even if by some miracle they did take a single book off the shelf, it's still very unnoticeable.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

This made me smile because I used to hide stuff (not dicks, though) behind my books on the shelf as a kid. Right behind my Terry Pratchett stuff, too. :widesmile:
DoorsofDurin

Postby DoorsofDurin » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:30 am

Mine are currently on my bathroom counter. That shouldn't be their home, there would be problems with that eventually :nerdy: My bathroom is also the house's powder room.

I should move them to a nice drawer in my bedroom, away from the steam and hairspray.
Collection and wishes under spoiler.
► Show Spoiler
Esuna

Postby Esuna » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:00 am

I know where I plan on keeping mine. As luck would have it, I recently started and half-finished my "Clean out the Closet" project so it looks like a closet again! I have floor space again and I cleared out the small set of dresser drawers I had in there and put other things in it where they could be kept in order. The top drawer is where I keep my personal "hygiene" products. I can wrap my toy up and hide it in one of the bags of stuff in there. No one is going to poke through "that" stuff in there.

*Person opens drawer.*
"Nope." :doh:
*Snaps drawer shut and steps away*

Luckily the only person that might do that is my mother, and even then the likelihood of her wanting to poke through my closet is extremely low. So even safer!
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:01 pm

wintern101 wrote:I keep my toys in an old Samsonite cosmetic case, very sturdy and locks for extra protection!

That's so pretty! Love this idea.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
wintern101

Postby wintern101 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:21 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
wintern101 wrote:I keep my toys in an old Samsonite cosmetic case, very sturdy and locks for extra protection!

That's so pretty! Love this idea.
They come in all sizes and they all lock, that way I can upgrade to a larger model as my collection grows! :smile: Image
Esuna

Postby Esuna » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:39 pm

wintern101 wrote:They come in all sizes and they all lock, that way I can upgrade to a larger model as my collection grows! :smile: Image

We used to have suitcases just like that! :widesmile: (don't remember a small one though)
We might still have one left.... lost somewhere in the garage... :doh:
Used it when visiting my grandmother who was having remodeling done, and my mother said I should keep my things in there and lock it to prevent workers from stealing. That trip was also when I woke up and found a little black scorpion on the ceiling near one of the 2 doors. After dressing and telling my grandmother, a worker came in with a 6x4? and killed it. The remodeling was flushing them out of their hidey holes. :bugeyed:
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:04 pm

I could swear I posted this but looked back and couldn't find it, maybe it was a different thread. Anyway I did post pics of my box so here it is again, but incognito! (ironically a lot of the boxes that cover it were dong boxes XD). Pic is a little older, I got some new bags now but it's overdue for being rearranged and cleaned up so too lazy to do that and get new pics :stick:

20150815_191840.jpg
underneath all the crap is the footlocker :p

20150815_183543.jpg
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:14 pm

AlphaBlue wrote:I could swear I posted this but looked back and couldn't find it, maybe it was a different thread. Anyway I did post pics of my box so here it is again, but incognito! (ironically a lot of the boxes that cover it were dong boxes XD). Pic is a little older, I got some new bags now but it's overdue for being rearranged and cleaned up so too lazy to do that and get new pics :stick:

20150815_191840.jpg

20150815_183543.jpg

Such lovely bags. Did you make them?
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:41 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
AlphaBlue wrote:I could swear I posted this but looked back and couldn't find it, maybe it was a different thread. Anyway I did post pics of my box so here it is again, but incognito! (ironically a lot of the boxes that cover it were dong boxes XD). Pic is a little older, I got some new bags now but it's overdue for being rearranged and cleaned up so too lazy to do that and get new pics :stick:

Such lovely bags. Did you make them?

Ah no, I think it was Chibity who linked them from ebay a while back in another thread and I grabbed a set ^^ I did get a couple made from artscow though too but they're not in the pic since I haven't organized everything just yet :p
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:44 pm

AlphaBlue wrote:Ah no, I think it was Chibity who linked them from ebay a while back in another thread and I grabbed a set ^^ I did get a couple made from artscow though too but they're not in the pic since I haven't organized everything just yet :p

Danke. Nice. I really should get some toy bags. Perhaps I could make my own if I find good materials. I want the fabric to be smooth so it doesn't damage any toys.
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:53 pm

I've come to the conclusion I need a bigger box already in order to house the toys I have. I sort of play dick tetris to get them to fit, but with the addition of a large Echo, the box is now too small (not to mention the soon to arrive sleipnir). :crying: I was thinking of getting a 5 drawer plastic shelving unit to store all my pretties in. I have one in my bathroom that is missing two drawers. :mystery:

I usually put whatever I was using into the top drawer to dry then put them back in my box of dicks for later. It's not as nice as having a cabinet to have the dicks on display, but it should be an effective way of keeping everything safe and sound. Plus I could store other things there like lube and towels.
We Will Forever Be Known, By The Tracks We Leave Behind -Dakota Proverb

Esuna

Postby Esuna » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:57 pm

Kind of a temporary arrangement for my first toy. This box has been with me for a long time. I remember storing a favorite doll in it as a kid, and then losing it. I remember searching for the box frantically. And then eventually finding it and it was locked and the key long lost. The box got lost again, and then it got found again but the lock was unlocked. :mystery:

More recently, it had pokemon cards in it that I had no where better to put them. It is the perfect size for my one toy, can maybe even fit another later. But because of the rough wood interior, I can't allow the silicone to touch it. I am using the bag it came in as a liner for now. I had a microfiber cloth but can't find it right now.

My toy had its first ever wash! And the water turned scalding during, which is great for cleaning I imagine. Not so much for my skin.
Satori Komeiji

Postby Satori Komeiji » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:28 am

My bedroom is one of only three doors in my house that locks with a key, so a lot of the time I just leave them on my desk by my computer. My medium-firmness Apollo tends to end up in my hand while I browse the internet, just being idly squished as if it were a stress ball.

When I need them out of sight, I just stash them in a cloth storage box under my bed. It doesn't lock, but my parents wouldn't go looking in there.
My unpaid research assistants collection:
Malachite - Kelvin, small, 8. Very teal. Stock photo!
Mini doodles of the above:
► Show Spoiler
Half Note

Postby Half Note » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:55 am

A old lunch bag.

I would like to get something fancier some day. The advantage of this is that it's easy to keep clean and move around.
ddcollector

Postby ddcollector » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:21 pm

I have 20 containers like these that hold most of my toys -- I also have a number of toys stored in dressers because they came in nice boxes that I want to keep. One thing that really sucks about my setup is trying to find a glass toy. They're in individual pouches and sometimes it can take forever to find what I'm looking for.

DSC00430_resize.jpg

--ddcollector
Proud owner of 428 dildos, 26 butt plugs, 29 vibrators, 13 cock rings and 6 penetrables
See my collection at https://ddcollector.tumblr.com and https://twitter.com/ddcollector1
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:26 pm

ddcollector wrote:I have 20 containers like these that hold most of my toys -- I also have a number of toys stored in dressers because they came in nice boxes that I want to keep. One thing that really sucks about my setup is trying to find a glass toy. They're in individual pouches and sometimes it can take forever to find what I'm looking for.

DSC00430_resize.jpg

--ddcollector

And people around here used to lecture *me* for having too many! XD I have to say: I love your set up and how they're organized. I want to get some additional tubs for just that purpose. I currently have 4, but they are all different sizes and don't really look as neat and organized. Also, since I am curious: Do you mainly collect them, or do you actually use them?

I'd be curious to see a full collection shot, but I tell ya, if me getting together all of my boys and girls for a shoot was an all-day affair, I'd hate to know what you might have to go through, to get them all together for a photo.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
ddcollector

Postby ddcollector » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
ddcollector wrote:I have 20 containers like these that hold most of my toys -- I also have a number of toys stored in dressers because they came in nice boxes that I want to keep. One thing that really sucks about my setup is trying to find a glass toy. They're in individual pouches and sometimes it can take forever to find what I'm looking for.

DSC00430_resize.jpg

--ddcollector

And people around here used to lecture *me* for having too many! XD I have to say: I love your set up and how they're organized. I want to get some additional tubs for just that purpose. I currently have 4, but they are all different sizes and don't really look as neat and organized. Also, since I am curious: Do you mainly collect them, or do you actually use them?

I'd be curious to see a full collection shot, but I tell ya, if me getting together all of my boys and girls for a shoot was an all-day affair, I'd hate to know what you might have to go through, to get them all together for a photo.

The containers are pretty cheap -- I think they were around $2 US per and they stack nicely. As for collect/use -- I've pretty much at least tried to use every one I have -- I have a few that can't fit yet (that's YET -- I'm still trying!!) and a few glass and stone ones that turned out are not anal safe so I won't really use those. And I try to mix it up and use ones I haven't used in a while.

One of these days I'll do a full collection shot -- I have over 300 toys now, so it's a bit of an issue getting them all in 1 picture :D
I also have a bunch of photos on my tumblr if you're interested, but not one with every toy.

http://ddcollector.tumblr.com/tagged/ddcollector
Proud owner of 428 dildos, 26 butt plugs, 29 vibrators, 13 cock rings and 6 penetrables
See my collection at https://ddcollector.tumblr.com and https://twitter.com/ddcollector1
rider1754

Postby rider1754 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:52 am

To be honest, I've kept my in the box their shipped in. Not a very big collection, but hey. Just started collecting them. I'm thinking of making a nice wooden box to keep them in, but kind of lazy and cheap to do so. :unamused: I'm debating if I want the tradition key lock and more of a puzzle box. :doh: But I think I'm going to go with the key approach. I'll be sure to take photos of it when I do build it and it's finished. :smilenox:

Thinking of going to the wooden carrying type of box, but then again the traditional jewel style box is fine too. :smilenox:
Morbiferous

Postby Morbiferous » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:27 pm

Ours sit on the bathroom counter right now, but we really need to get some proper storage soon since we've got three more from BD on the way and a drawer in the nightstand of other toys, lube, rope/bondage gear etc. I think i'm going to order one of those storage wardrobes with a bunch of drawers.

Return to “Sharing Experiences”