BD Flops: Good or Bad?

Share the Bad Dragon experience - post tales of their use (and videos, and images....) here!
BE ADVISED this section (and all posts therein) are considered NSFW!
redfang420

BD Flops: Good or Bad?

Postby redfang420 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:35 pm

Figured I would post this to ask how people who have purchased flops feel about the flops they purchased. Any response containing Bad Dragon Dildos, penetrables, or anything else that is a flop is looked for lol. Thanks for responding in advanced :D
Owns:
The Breeder: Small, 8 firmness
Arumaeruma

Re: BD Flops: Good or Bad?

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:43 pm

They're fantastic! The flops are normally so minor and don't affect the toys use. At most, you just have to be a bit more vigorous with cleaning. I've saved a lot of money from buying flops. I wouldn't shy away from them, normally the imperfections are VERY minor.
MilesLupine

Postby MilesLupine » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:46 pm

I say depends on flop reason and exactly where it is. But most of the time definitely good deals and some can be patched up with sil poxy too
Lyrics fitting my mood/are inspiring: From Chemical Interference by Dragonforce
"I am what I choose to be, I lose grip on reality
And I have nothing to atone
All your morals thrown in vain, I know my pleasure is my pain
But I'm gonna make it on my own."
Image Arts and more arts.
redfang420

Postby redfang420 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:53 pm

MilesLupine wrote:I say depends on flop reason and exactly where it is. But most of the time definitely good deals and some can be patched up with sil poxy too

Oh really, I got a flop recently and it has a small tear on its side, would it work with that?
Pics of my flop: http://assets.bad-dragon.com/images/inv ... f8e564.JPG
http://assets.bad-dragon.com/images/inv ... _stock.JPG
Owns:
MilesLupine

Postby MilesLupine » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:58 pm

Looks like it would be a fixable tear but looks like just extra washing unless it worsens may be better.
Lyrics fitting my mood/are inspiring: From Chemical Interference by Dragonforce
"I am what I choose to be, I lose grip on reality
And I have nothing to atone
All your morals thrown in vain, I know my pleasure is my pain
But I'm gonna make it on my own."
Image Arts and more arts.
redfang420

Postby redfang420 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:05 pm

Thanks sent you a reply via PM so we didn't fill the chat here lol.
Owns:
Elli

Postby Elli » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:09 pm

I've bought two flops and I'm happy with both. They have very, very minor flaws.

My last one, Scorn, was flopped for a speck in the tip and it's literally just a small white dot that can't be felt or anything. Imagine a dot (.) written in ink if you will, that's how big it is!

Admittedly I'd have never bought a fleshy pink toy if it wasn't for that speck and the New Year's sale but I can't complain with any sincerity since I got it for 40% off the base price :smile:

My Apollo was flopped for air bubbles on the bottom of the base and at first I couldn't even find them. They're right at the edge where the base is cut/trimmed so had I not been looking for them I'd have put down any irregularity to that.

That said, if you're buying a flop I'd take a really good look at the photos beforehand. There's lots of toys that are flopped for minor things but some flops are a little more noticeable and/or will require extra care when cleaning them.
redfang420

Postby redfang420 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:12 pm

Elli wrote:I've bought two flops and I'm happy with both. They have very, very minor flaws.

My last one, Scorn, was flopped for a speck in the tip and it's literally just a small white dot that can't be felt or anything. Imagine a dot (.) written in ink if you will, that's how big it is!

Admittedly I'd have never bought a fleshy pink toy if it wasn't for that speck and the New Year's sale but I can't complain with any sincerity since I got it for 40% off the base price :smile:

My Apollo was flopped for air bubbles on the bottom of the base and at first I couldn't even find them. They're right at the edge where the base is cut/trimmed so had I not been looking for them I'd have put down any irregularity to that.

That said, if you're buying a flop I'd take a really good look at the photos beforehand. There's lots of toys that are flopped for minor things but some flops are a little more noticeable and/or will require extra care when cleaning them.

I actually posted my pics above my eyes aren't too good. I think the tear was minor enough that it shouldn't be a problem though. Thanks for your reply :D
Owns:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:26 pm

I love mine and have gotten some damn killer deals in the process!

My best purchases:

XL Crash - beautiful fade - sloppy seconds - entire thing is GITD - it has a SC and a CT - it has a split firmness. All up, it would have cost close to 300, as a custom, but I got it for 115, due to a nick on the shaft that we still can't find.

Large Crackers - Regal Alpha color - split firmness - SC and CT. It was 105 due to a nick under the tip, which is extremely minuscule.

There have been others, but those have been my best, most awesome deals.

Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Recess

Postby Recess » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:05 pm

The flops are great. Like others have said, most defects are incredibly minor. I can't even find the flop on the flop toys I own. I've gotten a Natascha in Siberian Blue, and just recently, a Sugarstar in what I thought was just white, but turned out to be Opal. It would have been ~$160 normally, but I got it for $104. Since I don't have a desire to get a custom color or marble or anything, I just wait until I see an interesting coloration in the adoptions page.
DraconianWolfess

Postby DraconianWolfess » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:03 pm

I think they are a good thing. I have read they don't have a warranty, but they are usually a good $20 off regular price and a good option for those that don't have a lot of extra income for things like toys. Most times the flop reason is just an air bubble or something.
Kelemoo

Postby Kelemoo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:08 pm

Almost all of my toys are flops. They aren't bad either, well unless you count my Luka which has a piece of silicon missing near the balls. It doesn't affect use of him (just need to make sure I wash him well) , I got him really cheap and he's in full spectrum :). You can find some great deals with the flops!
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:14 pm

Never had a problem with them!

They are great if you are tight on cash, or just looking for a great deal! :smile:
fourdays

Postby fourdays » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:03 pm

Definitely good.

My Terra has a tiny 2mm nick where the cumtube meets silicone and it doesn't affect use or washing at all. Retail is 80$, paid 48$.
My Scorn was flopped for an even tinier pinprick-like nick at the top of the base that's practically non-existent, and two people I've shown it to have yet to find it! Retail is 95$, plus a sale paid 36$.
s/3 CT Terra Onyx Black s/3 Crash Rogue s/3 Spritz Frankenpour Wind Egg
s/3 SC Scorn Golden Hoard s/H [email protected] H0r5e Delux Surprise s/2 Cocksheath Rocket Red
Tovah

Postby Tovah » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:17 am

I also have a couple of flops, a soft Mountain Drake with a tiny speck on the shaft, and a Ridley with a nick on the base that I've yet to actually find. Totally worth it for the discount on the toys as I'm also not from the US.
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:48 pm

I've always had good luck with flops. Can't think of a single time they disappointed me. In fact a few times I wasn't even able to locate the reason for the flop, either they made a mistake in the listing or it was too minor to be noticeable.
Penetrables comparison: here
DragonWolf

Postby DragonWolf » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 pm

redfang420 wrote:Figured I would post this to ask how people who have purchased flops feel about the flops they purchased. Any response containing Bad Dragon Dildos, penetrables, or anything else that is a flop is looked for lol. Thanks for responding in advanced :D

Flops are great! I get the expected quality of a flop with a proper discount, since it has known flaws. A majority of my toy are flops, and the flop reason ranges.

Flop Reasons
----------------------------------------
+ Air Bubbles under the Base
+ Air Bubble under the Head
+ Nick on shaft/base
+ Fragment in shaft

Most of the above reasons are harmless, and do not always affect the appeal of the toy, depending on how bad it is or the location of the flaw. Some do require more cleaning, like the airbubbles under the head or large nicks in the shaft/base. While others, like the fragments, might just need careful attention here and there, as it might cause more problems later. The nicks on your toy look minimal, and maybe just need an extra few finger rub when you clean it.

I prefer buying flops over ready-mades, actually. I have gotten qyite a few of toys, be it customs or ready-mades, that are flawed or the wrong size. Of course, I have submitted tickets for unexpected issues, and BD handled some tickets with excellent care and a couple of tickets with questionable care. In the end, I got very worn down with the hassle of submitting a ticket, because it happened so often to me. That, and after the "forum shutdown scare", I feel like BD has definitely changed.... Be it because of customer demand is outrageous, shifting policies, or bad management. They have definitely changed their game from when I first joined. I will say, I miss the service of great quality and trust of the community in the forums... when I first joined.

Anyways, back on topic, flops are fantastic. :smile:
BD Collection/Selling/Wishlist | Furaffinity
ಥ_ಥ |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥
Sold To: Maya, no space, BlackSheep, sawbones, Randomgirl, krazyokami, friskychicken, Greylopt, SilentRaven, samba1, Nappa077, Foxanne, The Truth Teller, AURELIANA, Spacemutt, CuriousLurker,brokentofu
Bought From: juichigatsu, Dangerkittie, coffeedragon, Ginasa, Ice Kitten, IntWiCe, wildwolf
Traded With: Corinth
ಥ_ಥ |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥
Feel free to PM questions about my buying and selling experiences!
GreenLeopard87

Postby GreenLeopard87 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:46 am

I have a couple flops... I don't even remember which toys they are... :psyduck:

Except my Crackers... His base is very slanted so he's always at like 60 degrees when he's standing lol

Depends on the flop. Some are major and some are nonexistent. Just have to keep an eye out!
Shardik

Postby Shardik » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:45 pm

redfang420 wrote:Figured I would post this to ask how people who have purchased flops feel about the flops they purchased. Any response containing Bad Dragon Dildos, penetrables, or anything else that is a flop is looked for lol. Thanks for responding in advanced :D

I bought a large Chance in medium as a flop. It's actually very nice. The quality is as good as anything else I've ever bought from Bad Dragon, and I have 12 toys total right now. I don't even care about the "air bubbles in the base" issue.
Current Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Deored

Postby Deored » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Most toys I look for in flops, I usually favor discolorations. For penetrables I look for flop frakenpours. Can get some nice colors at a decent discount.

Return to “Sharing Experiences”