Dragon-Hoard

Share the Bad Dragon experience - post tales of their use (and videos, and images....) here!
BE ADVISED this section (and all posts therein) are considered NSFW!
DH Bun

Re: Dragon-Hoard

Postby DH Bun » Sun May 27, 2018 1:41 pm

Varanid wrote:
Rottsloan wrote:I’m so mad about his haha I was just getting warmed up to dragon hoard, I really loved the like system and the status thing. It helped me feel like I could communicate and be acknowledged well, and helped me acknowledge others and their words and ideas without needing to clog up space with a useless comment like “hey nice post just wanted to say that okay bye!!”

Really liked the people too. Very active and friendly.

Same, I did appreciate the like system, and luckily I had -just- completed a purchase before the site went down. Unfortunately I didn't get to thank who I bought it from or even update him on it getting to my house, so now I just feel rude. :/

you might find the person you're looking for on http://dragonmoor.com !
nsfwolfi

Postby nsfwolfi » Sun May 27, 2018 7:10 pm

DH Bun wrote:It was never my intention to ignore you.

However, yes you were banned because you kept breaking the terms and rules of the website every time.

Well, I initially used a mail forwarding service like I always do with new "places". That way I can track if I get spam from somewhere as it had happened frequently in my past. Unfortunately most website providers don't bother updating their software or their software simply has security vulnerabilities that they're not responsible for which leads to information getting leaked (including email addresses).
I'm sick of dealing with spam email so that's my way of analyzing where it actually comes from and then being able to cut down on it.
I could've also sworn that your TOS didn't include "If I don't know that email service provider I will ban you!" when I initially signed up.

There's also no reason to not send me an email or personal message to said email address explaining that you simply didn't agree on me using that email forwarding service and wanting me to change it to something else.
You never did that. I never received a reply from you up until you replied here to me on this thread.
Instead you just banned my "nsfwolfi" account without any explanation whatsoever, leaving me thinking that it was probably a system glitch when you were setting things up or something.

DH Bun wrote:You ideally should be using the same email to sign up as your paypal to keep things more safe for buying and selling.

As per my rule "one email address per service", I also have a separate email for paypal as well which gets changed every now and then when the spam level to that email address reaches unbearable levels.
Most Ebay sellers seem to like spamming my paypal email which is why that's necessary unfortunately.
Using a unique email address for paypal also increases security as well (cause you can easily tell if you keep receiving "your paypal account has been locked"-emails to your non-paypal-email).

So no, I won't use my paypal email for registering on your site simply to keep things safe.

DH Bun wrote:You keep counting as a scamming/problematic/etc account by continuously signing up with fake emails. You've done it 3 times now.

It breaks the terms of agreement that you check mark to accept when you sign up. Just use your real email!

I've signed up one time using said email forwarding service.
The second one was a throwaway-account to be able to contact you about what happened - you never even replied to my message that I left you!
The third one was before publicly posting here and again to contact you about what's going on, that time not using that mail forwarding service but instead using a real email address, so WTF?

If this is how you handle communication, you've broken my trust in what you're trying to build there.
DH Bun

Postby DH Bun » Sun May 27, 2018 7:19 pm

It's not if I don't know your service provider, it's just the site doing its job trying to weed out temporary emails and things of the like.

You were using temporarily.de and did so twice which is a temporary email.

I didn't know to send a temporary email an email since usually temporary emails go away after like 10 minutes. I did try to message you, but the site did its ban.

We can totally help you get the username you want back though.

not wanting to use your paypal email is fine and your choice, was just a suggestion honestly. Just use a valid real address though instead of a temporary one.

if you use a gmail inbox, you can still filter the emails you get by adding a + something before the @ sign if that helps.

I never received a message from you on DM and clearly the site was going to pick up your temporary email since it was against the rules.

You're right that it was 2 times and not three, I mistook you for someone else, but I'm not sure what you mean by this being how I communicate?

Imagine it from my perspective after having to deal with legitimate other scammers and trying to protect the community? Theres been bots making accounts, so going along with the bot being right with all other times, I thought I was doing the best thing for the community not knowing there was actually a real user tied to it this time.

I'm trying to solve this with you right now, how exactly have I broken any trust by relaying what happened on my side of this issue?

If you have a discord, it would be much much easier to talk about this and set your account up with your initial name a lot easier if you're even still interested.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Sun May 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Ok so...I'm just going to let everyone here know that I use a email just for this forum/now dragonmoor as well. I just feel weird using my other email for this kind of thing.

The email I use for my PayPal is different and will not match my forum email...so...yeah.

Just throwing that out here in advance if I make a sale/want to buy another user's stuff. I'm not a scammer, I've bought from 3 users on here (in my profile I have them listed).
DH Bun

Postby DH Bun » Sun May 27, 2018 11:06 pm

Phelvia wrote:Ok so...I'm just going to let everyone here know that I use a email just for this forum/now dragonmoor as well. I just feel weird using my other email for this kind of thing.

The email I use for my PayPal is different and will not match my forum email...so...yeah.

Just throwing that out here in advance if I make a sale/want to buy another user's stuff. I'm not a scammer, I've bought from 3 users on here (in my profile I have them listed).

It's all good if you use any other email that isn't a temporary email, temporary emails are ones that you get that only last like 10-20 minutes and then after that point disappears. If you have a solid email ANYWHERE, that works.
nsfwolfi

Postby nsfwolfi » Mon May 28, 2018 1:24 am

DH Bun wrote:It's not if I don't know your service provider, it's just the site doing its job trying to weed out temporary emails and things of the like.

You were using temporarily.de and did so twice which is a temporary email.

I didn't know to send a temporary email an email since usually temporary emails go away after like 10 minutes. I did try to message you, but the site did its ban.

The way the email forwarding by temporarily.de works is that you can set it how you want it: valid for one day or valid for up to two years. You can actually see how long a temporarily email address is valid for by looking at the subdomain: [email protected] is valid until some time in 2020 - or until the user who registered it decides to delete it (so it's basically the same as any other email address that a user can "dump" any time they want).

I deliberately didn't use mailinator.com or similar sites as those are sucky if I actually want to reliably receive emails from there.

DH Bun wrote:We can totally help you get the username you want back though.

not wanting to use your paypal email is fine and your choice, was just a suggestion honestly. Just use a valid real address though instead of a temporary one.

All the email addresses I used were and still are valid.
If I would've used an email address that's not valid it would be on me - but you can still try and send an email to those that I provided and I'll most likely be able to receive it and copypaste you the message contents if you don't believe me.

DH Bun wrote:I never received a message from you on DM and clearly the site was going to pick up your temporary email since it was against the rules.

This may be news to you, but I can't message you or reply to any messages on your site when I'm banned! That's why I tried creating a separate account just so that I could contact you again...which didn't work either cause the messaging function is locked until the account is approved which you never did.
If "the site picked up the temporary email address" would have been set up correctly, it wouldn't have let me use it to register in the first place and instead displayed an error that that email address couldn't be used like it's done with other forums. Thus I assume those "bans" were done manually by you or one of your mods or someone else who has access to admin functions on your site.

DH Bun wrote:Imagine it from my perspective after having to deal with legitimate other scammers and trying to protect the community? Theres been bots making accounts, so going along with the bot being right with all other times, I thought I was doing the best thing for the community not knowing there was actually a real user tied to it this time.

I tried contacting you using the "contact us" feature on your site after creating the second account - cause I couldn't message you on the first one as the "contact us" disappears if you're banned.
You haven't replied to that message where I asked what's going on. Receiving such a message should have definitely shown you that I'm not a bot like you said you assumed I was.
I also posted about the HTTPS/SSL issues with my first account (while that was working...) to which you also replied, showing once more that I'm not a bot...

DH Bun wrote:I'm trying to solve this with you right now, how exactly have I broken any trust by relaying what happened on my side of this issue?

You've broken my trust by a) not contacting me first about "issues" with my email address, b) not replying to the messages that I tried to leave you and c) by the way you replied here. You only just now offered to fix things.
Let alone this that I got displayed on the third account where I used a regular email address:
Your account has been rejected for the following reason: You must be kidding. The new privacy rule with emails doesn't apply to people over 16 years of age. Follow the rules or you're not welcome here. Use the same as your PayPal..

Like, WTF does "The new privacy rule with emails doesn't apply to people over 16 years of age." even mean as a reason?
DH Bun

Postby DH Bun » Mon May 28, 2018 1:45 am

nsfwolfi wrote:
DH Bun wrote:

Geeze, mr. sassy pants :P I get you're upset, but it's really something easily sorted out. You had just previously said you set me a message, so I was just letting you know that I didn't get it. Actually, my husband implemented a system that had over 1000 emails as a warning list type of thing. You probably made your account and then it went through the emails. We did take it down now though. You can't say you couldn't send me a message and of course it wouldn't get to me cuz you were banned, then turn around and say you sent me a message and i should have gotten it. just some logic. Sorry that I didn't memorize everyones usernames that I had come in contact with and I did tell you what we implemented on the site for temporary emails. Your choice to believe me or not, but I did try to contact you first. You said you received a PM from me on the site didn't you? I was going to talk to you about your email, forgot, the site took it. What else do you want me to do or say about the past? It was a misunderstanding, the only thing we can do is either move on from it and I can help you set up your account, or you can choose to be upset about this misunderstanding for as long as you please and choose to dislike me when I have only tried to do my very best that I possibly can being a human being. As for the last message that you got back, I'm not sure who wrote that one, that's clearly someone doing it manually. Everyone was talking about the europe thing in our mod/admin chat about how younger kids are trying to come on with temporary emails because they want to hide their ages. It isn't the reason why you weren't approved, I think they were assuming whatever was going on with you personally seeing that you had made multiple accounts? I'll have to talk to the team. Like I said though, we can beat this dead horse, or we can move ahead, I can talk to my entire team about how to handle themselves, work on how we handle how people sign up, and help you sign up. This is a new site and everyone is learning, we are testing out a bunch of things, and just trying to do the best to keep our community safe from a multitude of different types of people.
nsfwolfi

Postby nsfwolfi » Mon May 28, 2018 3:08 am

DH Bun wrote:You can't say you couldn't send me a message and of course it wouldn't get to me cuz you were banned, then turn around and say you sent me a message and i should have gotten it. just some logic.

I need to clarify what I meant with "message" as you can't send "PMs" on your forum if you don't have a valid activated account.
As I couldn't send you a "PM", I used the "Contact us"-Link on the bottom of your site, which in turn also only works if you have an account that's not banned (but the "contact us" still seems to work when you just have an account that's simply not approved yet):
I received no reply to that one. Unfortunately I didn't get a screenshot of that one when I actually sent it.

DH Bun wrote:Your choice to believe me or not, but I did try to contact you first. You said you received a PM from me on the site didn't you? I was going to talk to you about your email, forgot, the site took it.

You did send me a PM, but that PM didn't say anything about problems with my email address. Please be direct with stuff like that if you plan to ban accounts for something and be careful with scripts/lists that just "do things" like bulk banning people. And also give people enough time to actually reply to stuff like that as not everyone is checking their messages 24/7.

DH Bun wrote:What else do you want me to do or say about the past? It was a misunderstanding, the only thing we can do is either move on from it and I can help you set up your account

Please check if your "contact us" form on your site is working so that there's at least some way to communicate with you if someone should be unable to log into their account for whatever reasons.

DH Bun wrote:As for the last message that you got back, I'm not sure who wrote that one, that's clearly someone doing it manually.
Everyone was talking about the europe thing in our mod/admin chat about how younger kids are trying to come on with temporary emails because they want to hide their ages. It isn't the reason why you weren't approved, I think they were assuming whatever was going on with you personally seeing that you had made multiple accounts? I'll have to talk to the team. Like I said though, we can beat this dead horse, or we can move ahead, I can talk to my entire team about how to handle themselves, work on how we handle how people sign up, and help you sign up. This is a new site and everyone is learning, we are testing out a bunch of things, and just trying to do the best to keep our community safe from a multitude of different types of people.

Well, go make sure that those "sassy comments" don't happen again with stuff like that and don't just assume things.
I also didn't "get that message back" as in I didn't even get an email notification about that - it was the comment that was displayed why my third account (the one not using a forwarding email service) was apparently not approved.

Feel free to un-break my third account if you want (the one not using temporarily.de).

As for "younger kids trying to come on with temporary emails because they want to hide their ages": Having a "temporary" or unusual email address doesn't automatically mean that someone is faking their age. While it also doesn't mean that having a gmail/yahoo/whatever email address means people are old enough to do and view naughty stuff.
Basically everyone can fake their age on the internet unless you make people sign up and proving their actual ID to you in person.
I'd honestly only be alarmed if some elderly person suddenly signed up for such a forum ;3
One thing to kinda sorta watch out for is the GDPR, but as you're (presumably) not located in Europe I don't know how affected you are by that.
DaedraQueen

Postby DaedraQueen » Mon May 28, 2018 6:31 am

nsfwolfi wrote:I'd honestly only be alarmed if some elderly person suddenly signed up for such a forum ;3.

Whats this suppost to mean?
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade

❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
vJoh

Postby vJoh » Mon May 28, 2018 6:44 am

Hey guys!

No need to panic, DH is back up and running.

As with all things in life, some things have to take priority over others, and while I have neglected the site somewhat, hopefully can get things sorted.

The main issue was the site kept running out of disc space, something that webhosts abuse as a way to bump up your hosting costs, at one point we were hitting nearly $200 a month just in storage costs due to the massive amount of attachments users upload there. ( we were well past a terrabyte at one point)

To top it spiraling out of control I put a hard cap in place, and that would cause the services to freeze up when they could no longer write to disk.

A big thankyou to the people who have messaged me so far asking to help out, I am currently rolling out various updates, including a better second hand sales system and new policies to prevent / deter scammers.

I am also aware of the "drama" when I restricted buns account last night (note, restricted, not banned). While I have never had any issue with people promoting other sites before, it was always done the polite way of asking permission first, this time however they simply spammed the link in every visible location going, as such I restricted the account until morning to have a chat. Meanwhile, other members decided to spend the night spamming the links further, which kind of validated the point in the first place. Not a single person asked me directly or indirectly if it was ok first. Anyway that is in the past now, im sure those have formed their opinions and there isn't any point discussing it further.

Keep an eye out, im sure you're gonna love what we have coming!
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Mon May 28, 2018 8:51 am

vJoh wrote:Hey guys!

As with all things in life, some things have to take priority over others, and while I have neglected the site somewhat, hopefully can get things sorted.

The main issue was the site kept running out of disc space, something that webhosts abuse as a way to bump up your hosting costs, at one point we were hitting nearly $200 a month just in storage costs due to the massive amount of attachments users upload there. ( we were well past a terrabyte at one point)

To top it spiraling out of control I put a hard cap in place, and that would cause the services to freeze up when they could no longer write to disk.

A big thankyou to the people who have messaged me so far asking to help out, I am currently rolling out various updates, including a better second hand sales system and new policies to prevent / deter scammers.

I am also aware of the "drama" when I restricted buns account last night (note, restricted, not banned). While I have never had any issue with people promoting other sites before, it was always done the polite way of asking permission first, this time however they simply spammed the link in every visible location going, as such I restricted the account until morning to have a chat. Meanwhile, other members decided to spend the night spamming the links further, which kind of validated the point in the first place. Not a single person asked me directly or indirectly if it was ok first. Anyway that is in the past now, im sure those have formed their opinions and there isn't any point discussing it further.

Appreciate the update.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Mon May 28, 2018 10:45 am

Until dragon hoard can get it’s shit together i’ll be over at dragommoor and silicone soiree

I find the way dragon hoard is dealing with bun extraordinarily distasteful
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
DH Bun

Postby DH Bun » Mon May 28, 2018 12:03 pm

vJoh wrote:Hey guys!

Apparently making a comment to his post alerting him of the new site, making a status, and changing my signature to include the thing I made constitutes as spam.

Being a knowledgeable mod, I'm PRETTY sure spam counts as repeating the same thing in either statuses, posts, clogging up areas with repetition or spam. I didn't do anything of the sort and you can pretend as if what you did was warranted, but it wasn't.
DH Bun

Postby DH Bun » Mon May 28, 2018 12:20 pm

nsfwolfi wrote:
DH Bun wrote:

Your third account has been approved. Temporary emails aren't just for younger kids, I had stated for a multitude of reasons do people use them. The contact page is set so that people without accounts can use it. I'll see if its just not working or what the issue is.
katze

Postby katze » Mon May 28, 2018 12:26 pm

lizardbreath wrote:Until dragon hoard can get it’s shit together i’ll be over at dragommoor and silicone soiree

This.

Also, "Not a single person asked me directly or indirectly if it was ok first.", why would anyone need to ask if the site was seemingly dead and the moderators were always inactive lmao?

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
DH Bun

Postby DH Bun » Mon May 28, 2018 12:36 pm

katze wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:Until dragon hoard can get it’s shit together i’ll be over at dragommoor and silicone soiree

This.

Also, "Not a single person asked me directly or indirectly if it was ok first.", why would anyone need to ask if the site was seemingly dead and the moderators were always inactive lmao?

bless. Now they have censored the words dragonmoor on their site, have deleted other peoples statuses and comments mentioning dragonmoor, and want it to look as if they aren't being a dictator on their site regarding freedom of speech. They want me to privately message them in a conversation instead of being an adult and coming to me if they had something to say to me in private. I have nothing I'd like to say. I wanted to inform them of the new site and depending on what actions they were going to take, they should have messaged me if they wanted to give me the information and w/e else as they were saying.

After month with no reply and people constantly trying to get in touch with them about scammers, I was going to be able to get in touch over making a new site? I didn't even think it was possible. I've heard that they wouldn't give the site over, weren't going to get new mods, etc etc. With no feedback, no presence, with absolutely nothing, I was supposed to know I wasn't allowed to make it my signature and 1 status? That counts as spamming? Now everything everyone is saying is being deleted and whats that?! spam too? It's restricting freedom of speech. It's not as if someone is enlisting people to join the KKK.
nsfwolfi

Postby nsfwolfi » Mon May 28, 2018 2:03 pm

DH Bun wrote:Your third account has been approved. [...] The contact page is set so that people without accounts can use it. I'll see if its just not working or what the issue is.

Thanks.

DH Bun wrote:It's restricting freedom of speech.

Eh...I don't think this is an issue of "freedom of speech" directly.
This basically sums things up nicely regarding the whole "freedom of speech" thing:
DH Bun

Postby DH Bun » Mon May 28, 2018 2:47 pm

nsfwolfi wrote:
DH Bun wrote:Your third account has been approved. [...] The contact page is set so that people without accounts can use it. I'll see if its just not working or what the issue is.

Thanks.

DH Bun wrote:It's restricting freedom of speech.

The thing is, that is a moderator OF HIS OWN FORUM, has an issue with what someone is doing. The first step is to talk to them, not passively leave messages around saying that the user can contact them. The moderator is supposed to talk to the person and come to some amicable solution. Am I wrong?

I still haven't had a conversation with BDCA because he has chosen to not do his job properly.
nsfwolfi

Postby nsfwolfi » Mon May 28, 2018 3:01 pm

DH Bun wrote:The thing is, that is a moderator OF HIS OWN FORUM, has an issue with what someone is doing. The first step is to talk to them, not passively leave messages around saying that the user can contact them. The moderator is supposed to talk to the person and come to some amicable solution. Am I wrong?

I still haven't had a conversation with BDCA because he has chosen to not do his job properly.

I can agree on communication being important and needing to be done right.
This still doesn't make it a "freedom of speech" issue tho.
DH Bun

Postby DH Bun » Mon May 28, 2018 3:05 pm

nsfwolfi wrote:
DH Bun wrote:The thing is, that is a moderator OF HIS OWN FORUM, has an issue with what someone is doing. The first step is to talk to them, not passively leave messages around saying that the user can contact them. The moderator is supposed to talk to the person and come to some amicable solution. Am I wrong?

I can agree on communication being important and needing to be done right.
This still doesn't make it a "freedom of speech" issue tho.

It wasn't even what I was upset about, it just is a factor. I'm just upset at the fact that

He should have spoken to me before restricting me on his site and tried to settle it nicely as a mod SHOULD.
He should have spoken to me after he removed my status and whatever else.
He should have spoken to me when he passively and publicly said that I should PM him for him to speak to me.
He should have spoken to me before banning me.

He should have fucking contacted me at all being a moderator and the owner of the site instead of trying to lure me to have a conversation with him as if he didn't have a job to uphold that entailed him to speak with me.

Still open to that conversation that I was owed from a moderator from when I was a user on the site.
Hit me up BDCA at [email protected] or I can give my discord if you prefer faster replies!

Return to “Sharing Experiences”