Karabos Review (sm)/ Female/ Pics (NEW: Pegging Review)

Karabos Review (sm)/ Female/ Pics (NEW: Pegging Review)

Postby Tsareia » Tue May 10, 2011 7:00 pm

XAR THE KARABOS:
Size: Smal;
Firmness: Medium (5)
Color: Royal Purple

*Disclaimer: I am a first time BD buyer, so this is my first (wonderful) BD toy to review and use on myself :3 Also, I am female and I am kind of small - meaning tight. I can't handle things too large, so size queens/kings may want to consider that while reading my review

Ordering: 10/10

No complaints! I had issues with my internet and though I'd accidentally ordered two, and Nemekh quickly allayed my fears and cancelled my 2nd order.

Pricing: 8/10

This is my one sadface with BD - its difficult to afford and I am cheap and wouldnt mind sacrificing a little choice for more standard/cheaper options. That being said, I'll def. buy again, so it isnt THAT huge of a deterrent. I paid in total $76.20.

Customer Service: 10/10
Very good - I was expecting this to be a LONG wait, so was not surprised that it took a little over a month, and when I had a problem it was quickly and efficiently addressed.

Shipping: 10/10
Received my toy before it was expected after getting shipping notification :D

Wait Time: 8/10
I knew going into it that I would be in for a decent wait time, but it still sucked to be squirming for over a month hoping for the toy to come to my door. Fortunately, BD seems to be fixing this issue with awesome speed, so I doubt it should be so bad in the near future. (I was worried though that I would need to notify about a change of address if it wasn't here by June!)

Originally ordered April 4th (the day Karabos came out) and received May 10th.

Packaging: 10/10
I tried to put it back in the box for safe-keeping.. I dont know how those magical shop dragons do it! XD

The Toy: 10/10
The only reason this is not an 11/10 or higher is because of a few imperfections that I noticed upon opening it. On the left side, the little bump closes to the shaft has a little bubble/popped thingy and there is a place or two where the mold looks a teensy bit sloppy. Nothing to terribly important, but I felt that it should be noted. There will be a pic at the bottom showing the ridge issue. Given that it doesnt affect the toy's use in any way, Im not bothered by it, but Im rather easy to please :)

The toy overall is just.. beautiful. I took at least two dozen pictures of it in all its glory x3

First Use (vaginal): (really high number goes here)/10
I was so eager to use the damn thing I kind of just grabbed my lube, cleaned off the toy, laid down a towel and went to town.

OMG this has got to be the BEST dildo I have ever used... like holy WOW. I know a lot of the BD staff is into men more than women, but you guys really made a beautiful thing here for us females. I was really glad I got the small, because I was not troubled at all with the first part of it and had a delicious struggle with the knot before it finally locked in and just made my body spasm and made me feel really rosy and light headed (almost drunk!). I just rode it as I got off with my clit and all I could think (when thoughts were able to form that is) is how amazing this toy is XD I pushed him out rather violently when I came, and was pretty much breathless and had to just lay there for a few minutes... oi.. so nice.

I definitely recommend this to newbies and girls :3 This experience was awesome and I can't wait to give it another go REALLY soon.

Anal Use: (TBA)/10
Havent done much more than tease myself here.. Im sure I'll venture into this territory eventually but my butt isn't accustomed to anything quite so large as the Karabos yet XD

ADDED JUNE 8TH: Strap-On Use: 9/10

So thanks to a little trip to the sexy-shop store in SF, I have a cock ring that can be used with all of the BD toys my bf and I have, and I got to try a little pegging with the Karabos. This will be from my POV as user, but I'll ask him for his input about it if anyone is interested in the other side of the coin ;)

I dont think he was expecting it to be quite as girthy as it was given its a small, since he sort of breathlessly said "oh, thats big" when I slipped it in, but he has had enough experience that it certainly didn't hurt him. Overall it seemed to work quite well as a pegging toy, as it wasnt too difficult to maneuver, and it has enough space that he could knot it with me still having room to thrust (it isnt as easy with his other knotted toy, the zeta doggie).

My only complaints: BD needs to make a harness (or I need to buy a better one?) ! Lol the Karabos, even in small, did end up undoing one of the snaps of the harness mid-play. It may have been my fault since we were going kind of hard, but I am thinking my harness isn't strong enough to sustain a lot of the play with heavy, fun BD toys. Not blaming BD on this one, but just an FYI for people interested in this sort of thing, get a good quality harness!

Overall: 10/10
Had a great experience with this, and intend to have a few more as soon as time permits. I was very pleased with the overall client experience and the toy just .. I could gush about for ages. :) If you have specific questions please feel free to ask!
Attachments
IMG_6307.JPG
NEW PICTURE: Karabos in the Strap-On Harness :D
IMG_6210.JPG
IMG_6224.JPG
Curious Cat!
IMG_6226.JPG
In all its glory...
IMG_6227.JPG
<3
IMG_6230.JPG
The imperfection.. will upload with a clearer image when I can.
Last edited by Tsareia on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tsareia

Re: Xar the Karabos Review (sm)/ Female/ Pics

Postby Menarae » Tue May 10, 2011 7:15 pm

*stares and whimpers* He's so pretty...a very nice shade of purple. I'm so excited to see you liked him...makes me more and more anxious for mine to finally get home...*goes back to obsessively checking Inbox*
Menarae

Postby Quell » Tue May 10, 2011 7:28 pm

@_@ Pretty~~

Just wondering, is there enough room after the knot to tie with him? I would like to get a Karabos regardless, but seeing as there isn't enough room after my David to tie... it would bump him up on my list if there is, haha!
Quell

Postby Tsareia » Tue May 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Quell wrote:@_@ Pretty~~

Just wondering, is there enough room after the knot to tie with him? I would like to get a Karabos regardless, but seeing as there isn't enough room after my David to tie... it would bump him up on my list if there is, haha!

By tie do you mean use like a strap on or something?
Tsareia

Postby Quell » Tue May 10, 2011 8:04 pm

Tsareia wrote:

I mean... is there room after the knot so it stays in and it doesn't pop out? With David, you can knot him but you can't really tie because there is no room after the knot.
Quell

Postby Lidra » Tue May 10, 2011 8:08 pm

ARGH, dangit, I almost had decided between this and the werewolf, now I'm all torn again. >.<;

Great review nonetheless. He looks GORGEOUS. XD;; I do second Quell's question.
Lidra

Postby Tsareia » Tue May 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Quell wrote:
Tsareia wrote:

I mean... is there room after the knot so it stays in and it doesn't pop out? With David, you can knot him but you can't really tie because there is no room after the knot.

I can say this: it did NOT hit my cervix at all, even if I pushed all the way in (and then some) so there was definitely room. He did pop out when I came, but that's rather common for any and all toys I use in that event. This was short enough that I fit it all the way inside and was able to feel the ridges against me (and push them against me)

I hope that helps?
Tsareia

Postby glittercorgi » Tue May 10, 2011 10:30 pm

That alien bug looks delicious! Like grape Bubbleyum! I want one now... >.>
glittercorgi

Postby Lady~ » Tue May 10, 2011 11:54 pm

Wow, the details on him are incredible o.o!

I'm impressed BD with how this toy came out. And a little jealous to be perfectly honest. I wasn't feeling it before, but seeing how good he looks and hearing that it never hit your cervix makes me think twice about wanting him. Also, his color is gorgeous, simply gorgeous <3
Lady~

Postby Asra » Wed May 11, 2011 6:06 am

Ohdamn, pretty. o.o I hope mine gets here before I have to leave. x3

How are the nubs on the base? Like, are they good for grinding on or anything?
Asra

Postby Cammii » Wed May 11, 2011 7:46 am

Jealous! Mine just hit MQ today because I had a custom fades *grumbles*

But I'm excited to get it! Proxer did an amazing job coming up with this toy design!
Cammii

Postby Tsareia » Wed May 11, 2011 10:35 am

Asra wrote:Ohdamn, pretty. o.o I hope mine gets here before I have to leave. x3

How are the nubs on the base? Like, are they good for grinding on or anything?

They're good but they dont align with my clit quite well enough for me to use them to get off alone (that and maybe I'm impatient?) but there is definitely some sensation there :3
Tsareia

Postby Kvite » Wed May 11, 2011 11:00 am

Welp, Karabos tops the list of my "must have toys" now. Thanks for the review, my decision has been influenced XD
Kvite

Postby Airless » Wed May 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Definitely going on my wishlist! Thanks for the awesome review! :D
Airless

Postby Elda » Wed May 11, 2011 6:43 pm

He's beautiful! o.o

I'd been toying with the idea of Xar for awhile, but now I am really thinking I want one. I'm a small girl too so I was worried about his girth, but the small is really looking like a size I can handle and the little nubs on the base are soooooo tempting. I love a good texture on my toys.

Thanks for the review. <3
Elda

Postby Mint Cat Black Snack » Wed May 11, 2011 8:27 pm

Fantastic review! Really nice color too. Sorry about your imperfection there. :(

By chance, may I request some more size comparison shots to get an idea of the length/width? I'm still torn between buying a small or a medium. :3
Mint Cat Black Snack

Postby Amaterasu » Wed May 11, 2011 9:30 pm

oh dear god i cannot wait for mine ;-; im also very happy that wait times are much better now... mine is in MQ and i honestly wasnt expecting to see it until after anthrocon
Amaterasu

Postby Tsareia » Thu May 12, 2011 1:07 am

Mint Cat Black Snack wrote:Fantastic review! Really nice color too. Sorry about your imperfection there. :(

By chance, may I request some more size comparison shots to get an idea of the length/width? I'm still torn between buying a small or a medium. :3

Here's one pic I took of it next to a sort-of used roll of toilet paper. I also have one or two of me holding it (my hands are "small-medium" depending on the comparison. definitely don't have large hands).

I hope this helps?
Attachments
IMG_6212.JPG
IMG_6228.JPG
Tsareia

Postby Mint Cat Black Snack » Thu May 12, 2011 8:15 am

Tsareia wrote:
Mint Cat Black Snack wrote:Fantastic review! Really nice color too. Sorry about your imperfection there. :(

Here's one pic I took of it next to a sort-of used roll of toilet paper. I also have one or two of me holding it (my hands are "small-medium" depending on the comparison. definitely don't have large hands).

I hope this helps?

Thanks! :glomp:

It does. Very much appreciated! :D
Mint Cat Black Snack

Postby Shion » Thu May 12, 2011 10:28 am

Hnnng, dat colour! So pretty!~

He matches your bra quite nicely too, tee hee. I'm getting more and more tempted by the Karabos, especially how he seems more geared towards us femmes.
Shion

Next

Return to Xar the Karabos