Small FAQ/ Overview for British Customers :)

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
samba1

Re: Small FAQ/ Overview for British Customers :)

Postby samba1 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:42 am

HT-curious wrote:How do I find out the delivery cost?

I'm wanting to order $174.5 worth of stuff, which adds on an extra $35 or so, bringing the cost up to $209 ish, plus the £10.5 admin fees, which is doable.

Though, I don't know how much it'll cost me in delivery as well, I'm not sure it'll be worth it if I need to drop $80 on delivery fees as well.

Second question is, does delivery cost lower with the mass/weight of the toys? if I only order one thing instead of the two I wanted, would the delivery fee be cheaper?

Edit:
Ack - sorry, didn't realise this was a necropost >.<

Edit 2:
just running through the checkout to see if it tells me delivery costs, apparently I /need/ to put in a telephone number as an international buyer, or it might not reach my address. Why? is this number going to be called? (I'd only use my mobile number, but that's hardly helping with geographical placing is it?)

Just so you know, VAT includes the delivery cost (Government is spiteful).

You need to put in a telephone number for reasons such as:
1. It's not really due to geographical placing, it's more to contact you over things such as tax or customs decided to hold your parcel. Usually they send a letter.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Feels like years since I just... Sat down
Currently Own:
Medium Breeder in Natural Colour (8 Firmness)
Small Seadragon in Sly Midnight (8 Firmness)
Waiting On:
Nothing
Silver Gunn

Postby Silver Gunn » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Are there no alternate postage options? It's the difference between me buying a toy & not x x
uk2008

Postby uk2008 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Has any 1 had Experience with basic United State Postal Service International shipping.... It includes $200 of insurance....?

I'm going to be getting something off the 2nd hand subforum and this is one of the postage methods.. Are they good/reliable or should I be looking at trying to get the seller to ship with a curior E. G ups, FedEx?
uk2008

Postby uk2008 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:46 am

its a shame there isnt a b/d in europe /uk but defintatly cant wait for when i place my order and get some new fun things to play with :D....
glad to know it wont sit in customs though YAY :-)
sajjad125

Postby sajjad125 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:54 pm

No problem, since there's a small guide for Germans I thought there should be one for the UK considering that our taxations aren't the same.
JABBA69R

Postby JABBA69R » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:23 am

I just got my package from bad dragon about a week ago now and I was just wondering,

When the guy delivered my package to me and I signed for the package he never charged me anything at the door, I was waiting to see if I had to pay a bill like VAT or admin rates at the door but he just walked off :? will I get a bill later on that I have to pay or do I not have to pay for my package???

My total order here was for £1005 with standard shipping included, I worked out the VAT to be around the £250 area but it's worrying that I've had no word from fed ex about a bill.
My toy collection so far

Chance the Stallion Unflared (large)
Chance the Stallion Flared (large)
Vasu the Naga (extralarge)
The Gryphon (extralarge)
Nox the Night Drake (large)
Duke the Bad Dragon (large)
David the Werewolf (large)
Razor The Doberman (large)
The Dragoness Muzzle
Duke's Butt
threarah

Postby threarah » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:51 am

JABBA69R wrote:I just got my package from bad dragon about a week ago now and I was just wondering,

When the guy delivered my package to me and I signed for the package he never charged me anything at the door, I was waiting to see if I had to pay a bill like VAT or admin rates at the door but he just walked off :? will I get a bill later on that I have to pay or do I not have to pay for my package???

My total order here was for £1005 with standard shipping included, I worked out the VAT to be around the £250 area but it's worrying that I've had no word from fed ex about a bill.

Badwolfpuppy actually asked one of the FedEx delivery guys what happens, who told them that they always charge at the the door with a card machine.

I've ordered parcels from back in November and received no word on customs and things, as have a few other British members, so it's looking like over the Christmas season the customs office has just been too busy to bother charging.
Cybergoth

Postby Cybergoth » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:06 am

threarah wrote:
JABBA69R wrote:I just got my package from bad dragon about a week ago now and I was just wondering,

Badwolfpuppy actually asked one of the FedEx delivery guys what happens, who told them that they always charge at the the door with a card machine.

I've ordered parcels from back in November and received no word on customs and things, as have a few other British members, so it's looking like over the Christmas season the customs office has just been too busy to bother charging.

Yep, I have now had a total of six orders hitting the UK from the middle of November onwards. I have had no word whatsoever on charges. And I realised recently that for the last few years I have not been charged customs on any mail coming in about mid november time onwards via any route, including pacelforce and Royal Mail. I think the volume of mail goes up so high that either that only spot check some of them, or just blanket say its too much work. it is only a theory though! I may get invoices next week! But going on the very recent check by Badwolfpuppy and his report that they charge only at the door, I may have saved a small fortune!
JABBA69R

Postby JABBA69R » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:09 am

I still have £1000 left out of £2000 I saved up for buying from this site, so I'll put half of that in the bank encase of a invoice is on it's way, if I don't get a letter or phone call with in 4 months I'll use that money on a GTX 980 video card, the other £500 is being used now on new computer peripherals & storage devices along with a tablet and some game pre-orders, so all I have to do is wait a while :-)
My toy collection so far

Chance the Stallion Unflared (large)
Chance the Stallion Flared (large)
Vasu the Naga (extralarge)
The Gryphon (extralarge)
Nox the Night Drake (large)
Duke the Bad Dragon (large)
David the Werewolf (large)
Razor The Doberman (large)
The Dragoness Muzzle
Duke's Butt
Pegatha

Postby Pegatha » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:55 am

Thank goodness its payday on Monday! :o Im hoping my Terra and bottle of cum lube wont come to anymore that £25 in the invoice. Could this international shipping expense be changed with using a different company? Also on average, does anybody, from the UK, know how long it took for their delivery to make it from dispatch to their door? My Terra was an adoption and Im soooo excited! :smile:
Cybergoth

Postby Cybergoth » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:40 am

Pegatha wrote:Thank goodness its payday on Monday! :o Im hoping my Terra and bottle of cum lube wont come to anymore that £25 in the invoice. Could this international shipping expense be changed with using a different company? Also on average, does anybody, from the UK, know how long it took for their delivery to make it from dispatch to their door? My Terra was an adoption and Im soooo excited! :smile:

With Fedex, I have never had it take more than the five days estimated. And unless someone shoves a machine in your face to pay the customs at the door, you've got away without being charged. I have had several orders since November, but so far, gotten away without an extra charge
RayonKitten

Postby RayonKitten » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:39 am

You're all making me feel really hopeful that I might manage to avoid a charge on top of my roughly £100 order, so now I've probably jinxed it that I get one. :britain:
threarah

Postby threarah » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:53 pm

Just got a customs letter through for the last order that was delivered! It looks like they don't charge at the door after all.

The envelope contained the FedEx invoice letter, and a...Supplementary Declaration Acceptance Advice letter? Just has the conversion rates used, warehouse and package information. The Supplementary letter does have Bad Dragon Making Fantasies Real written largely on one side of it, though it only says silicone sculpture as the goods.

The FedEx invoice has a detailed how to pay section on the reverse.
breezy

Postby breezy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:00 pm

Same here threarah, I got a letter today and it's for the last toy I ordered, so hoping I got away with the order before that :)
Cybergoth

Postby Cybergoth » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:05 pm

How long since delivery has it been before the letters came through? Curious as I have yet to get one.
threarah

Postby threarah » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Toy arrived on the 13th, letter is dated the 10th (when it was shipped), letter arrived today (the 18th for future reference).

I had some orders pretty close before then that got no customs, and I have one incoming, so I should be able to say for certain whether or not they're definitely now charging customs. Ah well, it was so good while it lasted. I am not looking to the phonecall I have to make tomorrow, since there's no option for online payment. The FedEx can't set up that system I don't even know. Royal Mail manages for their customs order with only a single number, and you have you use the invoice number to make a payment anyway.

Here's to hoping, breezy! If there's no letter, within a week or so, I think you'll have gotten away with it, fingers crossed.
Cybergoth

Postby Cybergoth » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:16 pm

Looks like I've been lucky then. Mine arrived on the 2nd. So far managed to skip customs every time. Just goes to show how random it is.
breezy

Postby breezy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:24 pm

Fingers crossed for you both!

My order shipped on the 3rd, arrived on the 5th. Fedex invoice is dated 10th and arrived on the 18th.
Pegatha

Postby Pegatha » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:58 am

Just got my invoice from Fedex for my Terra, and it came to a grand total of £24.74p. A bit of a sting on top of everything else I payed for but lucky for me I had some money left over to pay for it. To sum it up, for my future purchases from bad dragon il make sure I have £100 for each item to make sure I have enough.
RayonKitten

Postby RayonKitten » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:57 am

My order is due to arrive before 6PM today, fingers crossed there are no customs issues on the doorstep because my account just can't handle that right now. D:

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”