Amazing Comic Book Artwork Battle!

Want to see all the sexy, sexy artwork we've made for Bad Dragon, or post up your own? Take a look in here!
Reiki

Re: Amazing Comic Book Artwork Battle!

Postby Reiki » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:27 am

If I was to vote I think I've narrowed my favourites down to 6 entrees. Chibity's, BiosBits', Hiruandan's, DOXOlove's, vlh32's and Iviolet's.

Chibity wrote:Inspired by a mixture between Marvel's Venom and Carnage, and based on Kage the Anomaly.

Chibity - I love the textures and the total look of yours. The shiney leathery/PVC skin looks really badass!

BiosBits wrote:It's duke in an Iron Man style suit.

BiosBits - You've really captured that iconic Iron Man pose and as you might be able to tell from my submission I'm a bit of an Iron Man fan myself. Also feels with the pencil work - the inability to zoom in and work on finer detail is a pain making pencil work on a small scale very difficult to work with.

DOXOlove wrote:From the depths of the sea and swirling undertoe springs forth a superhero the likes of man, nor fish, nor dragon has ever seen before! Aquadragon!

DOXOlove - Personally it dosen't quite float my boat but then again I've never been sold by aquaman's design... That being said you're artwork and skill is incredible! The textures work well and god that makes me feel like I'm in for one and yes thanks it wouldn't of been a Bad Dragon competition without more cocks on display. (I meant to draw a custom Iron Man Plated theme over a crackers cock template on my submission but ran out of time cos I only found out about the competition the day before it ended and was drawing constantly until just before the deadline). Really a fantastic piece of art, even if it's not entirely my thing.

vlh32 wrote:Chance aka "The Black Colt"
Super strong, super fast, and super handsome

vlh32 - Really like yours, because of the simple shapes and stylization I find it quite entrancing just staring at the perfect shapes. The little shadowed out Chance Penis makes me imagine a world where a 'Bad Dragon Comics Group' that sold copies of 'The Black Colt' giving away a free teenie weenie Chance with the 69th issue :D

lviolet wrote:Presenting... SuperDogs!

lviolet - This is possibly my favourite but as you can see everyone's done such a good job and put in so much effort it's difficult to quite decide. I'm a bit of a ladies girl and you've made Natascha smoking :fap: That costume, the addition of those ear piercings and her tail is just so fluffy!! I'm in love XD Also I really like the style it looks very comic bookesque which is perfect for the competition. If the voting system gets sorted I may very well be voting for yours, I'm just not sure yet.

Hiruandan wrote:I originally planned some more stuff, like a topless Janine clinging to dukes side and some lingerie in his claw, but deadline was kinda tight.

Hiruandan - I hope your final piece is counted it looks really good and well polished even though you say you'd of liked to add more. Love this piece, would love to see what you would of done if you had the time. I you do finish it for fun do show it to us, I'd love to see it. I think that the Janine penetrable looks so delicate and pretty, almost innocent if you know what I mean, that I find I'm not entirely sold on her character art. I'd love to see another persons take on her and a Duke x Janine combo sounds sexy - I'd like to see that! :D

To everyone else - The above may be my favourites but they were really hard to pick, I think all your artwork was amazing and this competition has been a great excuse to get to see everyone's art. Thanks for sharing I'm glad I got to see all your art! <3

I can't wait for the voting to begin, then again I think I still need longer to pick a single favourite :psyduck:
David Pumpkins
Any questions?

Postby David Pumpkins » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:12 am

[quote="Rumor"] :nomnom:

Can you send this to me as a link so I can see that it can go into the voting form for others to vote on please?
- Just ate 40 lbs. of bamboo, time for a nap! ~
ImageTiny Exspectre by Chibity!Image
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:29 am

exspectre wrote:
Rumor wrote: :nomnom:

Can you send this to me as a link so I can see that it can go into the voting form for others to vote on please?

*Gradually tilts head until a perfect 90 degree has been achieved*

... We can vote soon? :D
ImageImage Image
Designer of Kage the Anomaly -- Forum / Labs -- Ͼ Art Tumblr Ͽ
Reiki

Postby Reiki » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:41 am

Chibity wrote:
exspectre wrote:
Rumor wrote: :nomnom:

*Gradually tilts head until a perfect 90 degree has been achieved*

... We can vote soon? :D

That's exactly what I was thinking. I didn't really understand this post :?:
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:24 pm

Yep yep, it's up! The other News thread can't be commented on, so I'll post the direct link here as well:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aJTbbgYmgEEO_MHgB1O5sLfVxsYKmiBWrGP4kx9uqt8/viewform

So many amazing entries! It's wicked seeing them all in one space like this.
... Also, hey, I guess the Photoshop contest is just for 1st and 2nd place since there's only two entries... :laugh:
ImageImage Image
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:26 pm

I don't know who to vote for really, I'm observant and it can take me a while to choose.
Reiki

Postby Reiki » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:37 pm

Chibity wrote:Yep yep, it's up! The other News thread can't be commented on, so I'll post the direct link here as well:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aJTbbgYmgEEO_MHgB1O5sLfVxsYKmiBWrGP4kx9uqt8/viewform

So many amazing entries! It's wicked seeing them all in one space like this.
... Also, hey, I guess the Photoshop contest is just for 1st and 2nd place since there's only two entries... :laugh:

Yep just found out too ^.^ Do I assume we choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for art and a 1st and 2nd for photoshop and a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for literature? Or do we rate everything from a 1-3 basis? Just noticed that we can select multiple things per category for the same place :S (by which I mean I've noticed I can select 3rd on multiple entries from the same category).
Chibity

Postby Chibity » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Reiki wrote:Yep just found out too ^.^ Do I assume we choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for art and a 1st and 2nd for photoshop and a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for literature? Or do we rate everything from a 1-3 basis? Just noticed that we can select multiple things per category for the same place :S (by which I mean I've noticed I can select 3rd on multiple entries from the same category).

Perhaps the votes tally into a sort of score system? Like giving something 1st will add 3 points to it, 2nd gives 2, and 3rd gives 1. So you could chose multiple firsts if you believe they all tie for it, or are simply indecisive. But in that way, giving everything the exact same score wouldn't make a difference. But that's really just my guess.
ImageImage Image
Reiki

Postby Reiki » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:55 pm

Chibity wrote:
Reiki wrote:Yep just found out too ^.^ Do I assume we choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for art and a 1st and 2nd for photoshop and a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for literature? Or do we rate everything from a 1-3 basis? Just noticed that we can select multiple things per category for the same place :S (by which I mean I've noticed I can select 3rd on multiple entries from the same category).

Perhaps the votes tally into a sort of score system? Like giving something 1st will add 3 points to it, 2nd gives 2, and 3rd gives 1. So you could chose multiple firsts if you believe they all tie for it, or are simply indecisive. But in that way, giving everything the exact same score wouldn't make a difference. But that's really just my guess.

It must be something like that. Luckily I managed to narrow it down to my 3 favourites but my top 2 are fighting each other for first place (in the artwork category). As for literature I haven't read anyones fanfic type material in forever and this is a lot of reading material, I wonder if I can read it all before voting time is up!

Gonna sit down with a cup of tea and read to my hearts content all night long :3
Arianfis

Postby Arianfis » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:21 pm

Reiki wrote:It must be something like that. Luckily I managed to narrow it down to my 3 favourites but my top 2 are fighting each other for first place (in the artwork category). As for literature I haven't read anyones fanfic type material in forever and this is a lot of reading material, I wonder if I can read it all before voting time is up!

Gonna sit down with a cup of tea and read to my hearts content all night long :3

My recommendations are "For Want of a MacGuffin" and "The Heist of the Century," if it helps any.
Writer and vector artist!

Owns: Medium Nox
Wants: All the dicks
Django

Postby Django » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:24 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking you choose a first, second and third for every category. I wonder how it tracks who has voted? I clicked the vote thing a second time and it just brings up the same page again, fresh.

And now we wait for the fair people of Bad Dragon City to choose their three champions.
Reiki

Postby Reiki » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:40 pm

Arianfis wrote:
Reiki wrote:It must be something like that. Luckily I managed to narrow it down to my 3 favourites but my top 2 are fighting each other for first place (in the artwork category). As for literature I haven't read anyones fanfic type material in forever and this is a lot of reading material, I wonder if I can read it all before voting time is up!

My recommendations are "For Want of a MacGuffin" and "The Heist of the Century," if it helps any.

I've started with 'The Heist of the Century' - I opened them all up and chose the one with the nicest font, sentance spacing and paragraphing :D So far quite fun - I'm enjoying the banter ^^
Arianfis

Postby Arianfis » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Reiki wrote:
Arianfis wrote:

I've started with 'The Heist of the Century' - I opened them all up and chose the one with the nicest font, sentance spacing and paragraphing :D So far quite fun - I'm enjoying the banter ^^

*cough*totally didn't recommend it because I wrote it*cough*
Writer and vector artist!

Owns: Medium Nox
Wants: All the dicks
Rumor

Postby Rumor » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:49 pm

I'm kinda disappointed my entry wasn't included. It's probably too late anyways though.
Reiki

Postby Reiki » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:45 am

Arianfis wrote:*cough*totally didn't recommend it because I wrote it*cough*

Of course not ;P It was very much enjoyed though ^^
Reiki

Postby Reiki » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:49 am

Rumor wrote:I'm kinda disappointed my entry wasn't included. It's probably too late anyways though.

Oh noes, they must of missed it when collecting them all :S I noticed a few other of the artwork pieces didn't make it too - not sure why though :<
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:41 am

Just placed my votes down, still quite confused by the voting system. Vote each category or...
Took me a while, had each writing on separate windows, pictures on another system scattered. I was very eyeing every inch of art in each piece.
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:48 pm

I had no idea how to vote either :D So I just gave 1,2 and 3 to each category
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Reiki

Postby Reiki » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:44 pm

I think that is how its the voting is intended to be done :3

Just gonna finish reading the last couple of literature pieces before I cast my votes ^^
Biggles

Postby Biggles » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:30 pm

I think some entries were so clearly and utterly the winner that they were selected for a tippity-top-secret super winner prize and victory barbeque party parade gala event. The voting is just to decide second place.

Or we bribed the wrong people. :mystery:

Return to “Bad Dragon Artwork”