The Newbie help thread

New to the forum? Need a welcome pounce? Introduce yourself, get to know others, and familiarize yourself with Bad Dragon and the Forums here!
AlphaBlue

Re: The Newbie help thread

Postby AlphaBlue » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:50 am

Zaphora wrote:How do you atach files? I tried.to but it said they were too big x.x gah I wanna post but I cant cries...

The limit for attachments is 2mb, so you may need to resize it in Paint or something first :wink:
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
MysticalMane

Postby MysticalMane » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:27 am

Hello! So I'm new here, technically, I've known about bad dragon for ages just never been able to afford any of the toys until now, but recently I finally made my first purchase so I thought I should make a forum account and start integrating myself with everyone else! So yeah, again, hello nice to meet you all! :widesmile:
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:45 pm

new here and to Bad Dragon toys

and, to, well toys at all

I have 2 different orders on the way from BD and (hopefully) 2nd hand buy

I'm a miniature painter, watercolorist and textile artist

soooooo...hi!

liz
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
steppenwolph

Postby steppenwolph » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:41 pm

lizardbreath wrote:new here and to Bad Dragon toys

and, to, well toys at all

I have 2 different orders on the way from BD and (hopefully) 2nd hand buy

I'm a miniature painter, watercolorist and textile artist

soooooo...hi!

liz

Hi Lizardbreath, and welcome. This is a great space to explore in.
What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Slanderous snake

Postby Slanderous snake » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Hello, I'm new to the forums as well as the whole bad dragon scene. I don't have any toys yet and I am looking to order one,but I'm a bit confused about the sales. In the inventory toys from the black Friday sale are labeled 20% off. But with the new year sale they say most of the toys are 25% off but I have yet to find any indication of this when I'm looking for a toy to buy, can someone help me understand how the sales work here? :psyduck:
Vallus

Postby Vallus » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:21 pm

Slanderous snake wrote:Hello, I'm new to the forums as well as the whole bad dragon scene. I don't have any toys yet and I am looking to order one,but I'm a bit confused about the sales. In the inventory toys from the black Friday sale are labeled 20% off. But with the new year sale they say most of the toys are 25% off but I have yet to find any indication of this when I'm looking for a toy to buy, can someone help me understand how the sales work here? :psyduck:

The 25% should be applied to the toy at checkout.
This applies to all ready-mades, including Black Friday deals, with the exception of Echo.
Image Check out my weekly toy design thread The Vallus Creation Compilation.
This week's creation - The Two in One Cock-Tail Special
Slanderous snake

Postby Slanderous snake » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:35 pm

Vallus wrote:
Slanderous snake wrote:Hello, I'm new to the forums as well as the whole bad dragon scene. I don't have any toys yet and I am looking to order one,but I'm a bit confused about the sales. In the inventory toys from the black Friday sale are labeled 20% off. But with the new year sale they say most of the toys are 25% off but I have yet to find any indication of this when I'm looking for a toy to buy, can someone help me understand how the sales work here? :psyduck:

This applies to all ready-mades, including Black Friday deals, with the exception of Echo.

Thanks!
Vallus

Postby Vallus » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Slanderous snake wrote:
Vallus wrote:

Thanks!

No problem, glad I could help! :smilenox:
Slanderous snake

Postby Slanderous snake » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:01 pm

Hello, me again with yet another question about sales. Do the flops get an additional discount during sales?
Vallus

Postby Vallus » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:20 pm

Slanderous snake wrote:Hello, me again with yet another question about sales. Do the flops get an additional discount during sales?

Any sale that has a % off on in-stock items should apply to both flops and ready-mades.

Flops are already at their discounted price(aka discounted due to having flaws), and a sale price will put the % off(sale percentage ex:15%) of whatever the flop price is.

Basically the stated price of an in-stock item, be it ready-made or flops, will have the discount applied to whatever the price is in the Adoptions page(typically applied at checkout)
Slanderous snake

Postby Slanderous snake » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:25 pm

Vallus wrote:
Slanderous snake wrote:Hello, me again with yet another question about sales. Do the flops get an additional discount during sales?

Any sale that has a % off on in-stock items should apply to both flops and ready-mades.

Flops are already at their discounted price(aka discounted due to having flaws), and a sale price will put the % off(sale percentage ex:15%) of whatever the flop price is.

Basically the stated price of an in-stock item, be it ready-made or flops, will have the discount applied to whatever the price is in the Adoptions page(typically applied at checkout)

Cool, thanks again dude :widesmile:
Vallus

Postby Vallus » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:52 pm

Slanderous snake wrote:
Vallus wrote:

Cool, thanks again dude :widesmile:

Anytime :widesmile:
Esuna

Postby Esuna » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Hmmm, debating on whether when I buy a toy if I should buy the cumlube or go to the local store and get pure unrefined coconut oil instead? Is cumlube more slippery than coconut oil? Because if I could just go buy coconut oil I could save a little money. :eyeroll:

(already aware it is safe with BD toys but not with latex condoms, not that I would need to worry about condoms right now)
Kimmo

Postby Kimmo » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:26 am

if it's your first BD toy, there are two ways to think about it I think.

one is that it's nice to know what the fuss is about when you're on the forum, so get the lube and be in the know.

the other is that you're quite likely going to order again and if you're still curious you can pick it up then.
One happy tear for a good friend.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:34 am

Seeing as how so many women have reported UTI's, and even thrush, from using CumLube...I'd personally advise you to skip it and use something else. No, not all women have these issues with it, but plenty of us definitely do.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Esuna

Postby Esuna » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:22 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:Seeing as how so many women have reported UTI's, and even thrush, from using CumLube...I'd personally advise you to skip it and use something else. No, not all women have these issues with it, but plenty of us definitely do.

Thanks for the advice! I shall be getting the coconut oil, assuming the local store has the pure unrefined stuff. Never checked so I shall find out.
AltheaThune

Postby AltheaThune » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:33 pm

If I remember correctly, you said in another thread that this would be your only toy purchase for a long time. If you get a custom, and order cumlube with your toy, it's a couple dollars cheaper than if you bought it separately. I think the percentage of women who have the kinds of problems Rainbow Dasher described is fairly small.

That said, I use coconut oil when I toy in the bathtub, and it works well.

Sliquid products are good too (just be careful to avoid the one(s) that contain silicone). I like Sliquid Sassy and Sliquid Organics.
FOR SALE: Mountain Drake (OS/5), Legacy Naga (S/8), Sleipnir (S/5), Sleipnir (Mini/3), Trent (M/5), Tyson (S/5). Additional info in my profile. PM me for details.
3TK

Postby 3TK » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:00 pm

I love using (unrefined) coconut oil. I haven't used any other lube, but mainly because I haven't felt the need to use anything else and I use coconut oil for other non-sexual uses (my skin is sensitive to most hand creams, found out by pure accident coconut oil is a fine substitute). A little bit of the stuff really goes a long way, too.
If you use coconut oil for anything other than lube, I'd be sure to split it up; I use Mason jars and wind the lids tightly, that seems to work. It usually doesn't spoil fast at all, but keep an eye out for mold.

I would warn that apparently some people can be sensitive to coconut oil. Outside of regular allergies and the like, it is an oil so it can clog and irritate skin (opposite thing it does to me - ymmv).
GardenVarietyPet

Postby GardenVarietyPet » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:06 pm

I am so new. I don't know anything about these. What are packers?
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:11 pm

GardenVarietyPet wrote:I am so new. I don't know anything about these. What are packers?

They are mainly geared towards trans men; they are designed to put in your pants to simulated having a cock, you know... "packing". The only issue with most of BD's packers, is that they are erect, and having an erect 9" circumference toy in your pants... I doubt you'd be able to even get them on. The Chance packer is the only one that droops, and the only one I see that could be used for the intended purpose of "packing".

Some people will use the larger packers, as toys. I have a medium Flint packer, mostly because I need the extra soft firmness on a toy that size.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.

Return to “New User Central”