Finding the Energy?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Shadow_Twisted

Finding the Energy?

Postby Shadow_Twisted » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:24 am

I've gone from unemployed to employed working 6 days a week, of those only one is about a regular length shift with the others tending towards 10+ hours, though some are shorter. I'm on my feet pretty much the whole time and the environment tends towards being fast-paced. I'm usually ready to just go to sleep when I get home and usually only manage an hour or two of being awake before turning in. I want to start playing with my toys again, but I'm having a hard time overcoming the exhaustion. Wondering if anyone might have some tips to help me find the energy to get into a regular toying schedule.
Things are looking up.
Lipton

Re: Finding the Energy?

Postby Lipton » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:25 am

I assume you shower, so do it there and you can probably save some time :stick:
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
Shadow_Twisted

Postby Shadow_Twisted » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:44 am

Lipton wrote:I assume you shower, so do it there and you can probably save some time :stick:

Right now I'm showering in the morning before work, I could either switch to showering in the evenings or take a second shower at night and try it out. I'd do it in the mornings if I had the time, but I'm usually rushing.
Things are looking up.
Shadow hound

Postby Shadow hound » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:33 pm

If you're too tired to do anything then don't push yourself to do it just for the sake of doing it. Have a good time on your days off, sleep late, grab your toys and wake up in the best way possible with them x)
My Toys:
► Show Spoiler
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:00 pm

I don't work quite as many hours as you, but I do have a long-ish hours office job and a longer commute than I'd like. It does take quite a bit out of me. These days, "regular" toying means once a week. I set aside a couple of hours in the evening on one of my days off and make a bit of a "date" of it.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
Kelbeck

Postby Kelbeck » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:28 pm

Have you tried redbull :widesmile:
:misc1: :nerdy: Toys I Own
► Show Spoiler
Deored

Postby Deored » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:25 am

Kelbeck wrote:Have you tried redbull :widesmile:

I heard Red Bull tastes like oblivion, which is disgusting. :stick:
Kelbeck

Postby Kelbeck » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:13 am

Deored wrote:
Kelbeck wrote:Have you tried redbull :widesmile:

I heard Red Bull tastes like oblivion, which is disgusting. :stick:

Everyone has different tastes. I personally find that the normal flavor taste like smarties(american smarties)
:misc1: :nerdy: Toys I Own
► Show Spoiler
Umbral

Postby Umbral » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:00 pm

You may need to resort to either trying to toy on your day off, like making a date of it to get you all in the mood or on one of your shorter days try and push through the exhaustion. In the long run, you might get used to working the hours you're doing but until you build the endurance up, there really isn't much you can do other than perhaps a nice quickie.

edit because I can't spell date.
We Will Forever Be Known, By The Tracks We Leave Behind -Dakota Proverb

schizoidal

Postby schizoidal » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:28 pm

Well you seemed to indicate this was a recent change, so over time you'll probably settle into the routine more, and be less completely exhausted by the end of the day and just somewhat tired. That said, 6 days a week of on your feet work is pretty intense.

I'm sort of the opposite; I went from unemployed student (who never went to lectures and went to the uni like once or twice a week; I was not a good student) to employed full time in a call centre (i.e. sitting down and talking/computer-ing all day) and for me, I've gone from maybe once in a blue moon getting up the energy to clean up and toy to doing it so far every day this week I've gotten back from work...I guess I just need a release xD

In any case, from experience I can tell you that it's not worth trying to force yourself into a session if you're tired because I alays found I just didn't enjoy it and it'd put me off toying the next time I did have a chance while well rested :/
Wishlist:
So many...

For sale:
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=51185
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Thats a big change in your activity level, and your body is struggling to keep with it. Give it time, and you'll be able to adjust accordingly.

Meanwhile some tips to help:
-Make sure you are giving yourself enough sleep, but not too much. Oversleeping can make you groggy and even more tired.

-Eat healthy. If you are eating a balanced diet, your body has the right fuel to increase your energy.

-Do some cardio or yoga. Even if it's just for a half hour each day, making sure to give yourself a couple days of rest. Exercise is perhaps the best way to keep active. A body in motion stays in motion!
Samson

Postby Samson » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:42 pm

I've had the same problem since I started working about 6 or 7 months of school. Coupled on top of going to college full time. :unamused: By the time I get home I'm exhausted and even if I am 'in the mood', I don't have the energy. I was hoping I would eventually settle into it, and have more energy, but sadly that has not happened.
I am lucky, though, because my boss is starting to let me work at our store less, and take work home to do more. So, hopefully I will start to find the energy again.
Image Tentacle Monster. Flower prince. Image
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
DraconianWolfess

Postby DraconianWolfess » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:08 am

I am in the same boat. I recommend just giving it some time, and leaving toy time for days off. As others said doing some cardio earlier in the day may help. Use energy drinks with caution, some can make you crash, and some people with heart conditions have to avoid them.
Dusksong

Postby Dusksong » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:29 pm

I feel you here! My schedule during the school year is crazy so I'm basically always exhausted. On top of that, I prefer to toy when no one else is home, and of course I have to be in the mood. (And I don't like to use them on heavy days of my period due to the mess.) So all of those things have to align just right and it's not as often as I'd like. I do have a couple of smaller toys that I can just grab if I have a short amount of time, who don't need too much warm-up. That's often enough to give me a little boost for the day :stick:
Image Be true, be brave, stand. All the rest is darkness. - Stephen King
* Toys for sale & Wanted in my profile! *

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”