Where did Bruce go?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
alphys

Where did Bruce go?

Postby alphys » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:48 am

I'm not sure if I'm crazy or something, but it appears as if Bruce disappeared.

I looked in the Web Archive for yesterday, and yeah, Bruce was there.

Today, however, nope.

I even tried to go to his page via url.

Am I seeing things, or did he disappear or something?
Zombiehorse287

Re: Where did Bruce go?

Postby Zombiehorse287 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Oh no! He's gone for me too :crying:

Adoptions are still there for him though...
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-03-29-14-12-30.jpg
Screenshot_2016-03-29-14-10-47.jpg
My babies:
► Show Spoiler

“Comparison is the thief of joy” – Theodore Roosevelt
hooooonk
3TK

Postby 3TK » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:28 pm

Well, this is certainly disconcerting... :surprised:

He's definitely gone. I don't see him either.
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:30 pm

Okay, I'd really appreciate an announcement if they're going to continue to do things like this. :unamused:
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:32 pm

He's gone for me, too.

Didn't a moderator JUST say in the forums not too long ago that they didn't have any plans to retire any models? And now Hanns lost a size and Bruce is gone?? What is happening? Is he really gone, and we don't get an announcement about it? :sniffing:
3TK

Postby 3TK » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Amaranthe wrote:Didn't a moderator JUST say in the forums not too long ago that they didn't have any plans to retire any models?

Yup. :misc5: :angry:

And that exact post was what made people feel so relieved about not needing to scramble as well (I know since I was one of them). Everyone's been speculating and extremely worried since Tyson, Austin, and Alice came out that they'd start knocking models off to "make room".

I've no clue if Bruce is truly retired. Just sent in a ticket. Here's to being optimistic. But lately there's just been bad omens everywhere. :sniffing:
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:54 pm

It made me feel better, too. I'm late to the party with BD and don't have too much money to buy toys with, so my collection is slow to grow. I wasn't all that interested in Bruce, but I can't help but feel worried that some of the ones I am interested are secretly on the chopping block as well. There was a Bruce in adoptions that had the shafts really close together at the top that wasn't listed as a flop, so I'm wondering if they are working on a slight mod for him, like they did with Xenogon??

Who knows :mystery:

I'm interested to hear what they have to say to your ticket, though.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:05 pm

Well I would have picked up that pretty pastel Bruce that was in the adoptions during the easter sale if I knew this was going to be his outcome :/
3TK

Postby 3TK » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:06 pm

Amaranthe wrote: :words:

True! That one Bruce did look pretty weird. Maybe they're touching the mold up in the back? :mystery:

I just think it'd be a damned shame to lose such a unique model. He certainly wasn't at the top of my list, but I did hope to acquire him one day personally for his uniqueness.

Though, because of the Hanns change and now Bruce just disappearing, it does make me worried about some of the other toys as well now. This possible "secret chopping block" isn't cool. :doh:

Unless someone gets a reply before me to a ticket (I probably wasn't the only one who sent one out), then I'll certainly post the response I get back!
Don't worry; my question was cordial and non-threatening. I was just posing my state of curiousness and confusion. BD CS employees have always been darlings to work with. :misc2: :dukeretro:
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:12 pm

I agree with CS being good to work with! I've never had any trouble with them at all. With how CS didn't know much about the loss of Hanns and the color options, though, it seems like maybe not the whole BD team is on board with everything going on. :mystery: I dunno, I don't want to panic or anything, but I really dislike how things have been quietly slipping away. :sniffing:
3TK

Postby 3TK » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Well, unfortunately, that wasn't much of a fruitful conversation. :sniffing:

CS just says that Bruce is "unavailable to purchase at this time" and that they don't have any information at this time either as to whether or not we'll be able to purchase him again in the future nor were they able to disclose why they pulled him.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:34 pm

:misc4: :sniffing:

Why is this happening? CS doesn't know anything, there are no announcements being made about anything. What the heck, BD??
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:35 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:Well I would have picked up that pretty pastel Bruce that was in the adoptions during the easter sale if I knew this was going to be his outcome :/

I'm kicking myself for the exact same reason/same bruce right now! :doh: I really didn't think they'd just axe it without saying anything. :unamused:
kalas

Postby kalas » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:05 pm

Did they discontinue him or did they take him down due to a manufacturing problem? Either way its odd they said nothing :nerdy:
3TK

Postby 3TK » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:08 pm

kalas wrote:Did they discontinue him or did they take him down due to a manufacturing problem? Either way its odd they said nothing :nerdy:

The CS representative I talked to said they "don't have any information available at this time" as to why they took him down. So it's unknown as to whether he's completely discontinued or if it's a manufacturing problem.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Considering what's been going on with the site lately it might have something to do with technical issues. OR, considering that Hanns is missing a model size I'm honestly wondering if some big accident happened involving several molds and some molds got damaged or even broken :bugeyed: I mean, that would explain them not saying anything about it, and the way customer service reacted. Plus if they were retiring Bruce why would the Hanns size be missing :mystery:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Beastial

Postby Beastial » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:02 pm

Maybe a mold broke? :O That would be my though, but CS isn't always up to date on what the behind the scenes folks are deciding.
Lewd Luxury

Postby Lewd Luxury » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:03 pm

Oh boy, I hope they are just having some issues and its not a retirement. :surprised:
Gay/Transgender/ENTP/Taken/Weeaboo/Eccentric

Toy Blog: http://lewdluxury.tumblr.com/
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:05 pm

People could just chill and see what happens instead of going crazy, doesn't change anything anyways :psyduck:
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Just poking my head in to say that I don't think they are going to pull it completely. Dasa said not that long ago that there were no plans to retire any existing models in the near or distant future. Hang on tight ladies and germs, I think everything is gonna be fine.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”