/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Rainbow Dasher

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:31 pm

Screamy wrote:I'm sorry, I really dont know what Troma is :/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troma_Entertainment

I believe that's it.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:36 pm

Screamy wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:
Screamy wrote:It is.

Well, hell
Of COURSE he'd get an apex toy!

Preferably a one of a kind never to be done again

Cause....
Troma!

I'm sorry, I really dont know what Troma is :/

Low budget cult status horror type movies like The Toxic Avenger and Sgt Kubuki Man :widesmile:
Almost surrealistically bad 0_o

I think there's a musical version of the Toxic Avenger......
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Idra

Postby Idra » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:54 pm

lovelyscales wrote:I've decided for now at least against posting B-D reviews there. Because almost all my toys I've kept and not sold off have been ready mades and thus most of them aren't representative of what you would get as a custom..Infinity Star Fenrir, Slasher Silver Roland, and solid one color metallics being the exceptions naturally. I'd hate to misrepresent to potential buyers even with a disclaimer.

Yeah, I considered doing reviews for BD toys, especially for ones I really adore -- like my MD. But the story of how my MD ended up in my hands is such bullshit, AND because of the bullshittery, it would be very difficult to get BD to do a pour like that again -- unless you get lucky with customer service, and even then, the same thing might happen to you as happened to the person whose custom I got the flop of, where the solid white overpowers the translucent blue, and makes it very choppy and not faded. So what am I supposed to do? Say nothing about the backstory, which might lead some people to believe you could get a pour like that custom? Do I mention the price I paid or the price it would have been to custom order it, which is the only way I ended up with a flop -- because someone did custom order that? Is the custom price relevant when I didn't pay it and you couldn't custom order it, or is it helpful to give the custom order price anyway so that people will be aware of what they could potentially spend on custom fade MD with a suction cup and spooky seconds if they didn't happen to find someone's flop? Do I talk about how to get spooky seconds when I didn't go through that process? Do I tell people about the resolution provided for the actual custom order, which was a repour, when whether or not people get repours or store credit seems totally random, or do I just hope nothing does go wrong for anyone that might decide to buy because of my review? Is it dishonest of me to mention OR not mention these things?

I would be happy to write a review saying "the Mountain Drake is awesome" or even "the Mountain Drake is awesome, there were some issues around my particular one and the other person's custom, but I'm confident you won't have issues or if you do it'll be resolved" but I can't because I'm not confident of that. These are basic fucking things and I feel like BD doesn't???? Understand that????? Somehow??????????
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:17 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Not to mention how aggressive they got with me and a small group of others when people started speaking up about the whole thing and some rumors that started floating around. Red flag.

Was this under the new ownership or when they were still under the old ownership? Because the old owners were sketchy af.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
Corbett

Postby Corbett » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:19 pm

Idra wrote:
lovelyscales wrote:I've decided for now at least against posting B-D reviews there. Because almost all my toys I've kept and not sold off have been ready mades and thus most of them aren't representative of what you would get as a custom..Infinity Star Fenrir, Slasher Silver Roland, and solid one color metallics being the exceptions naturally. I'd hate to misrepresent to potential buyers even with a disclaimer.

Yeah, I considered doing reviews for BD toys, especially for ones I really adore -- like my MD. But the story of how my MD ended up in my hands is such bullshit, AND because of the bullshittery, it would be very difficult to get BD to do a pour like that again -- unless you get lucky with customer service, and even then, the same thing might happen to you as happened to the person whose custom I got the flop of, where the solid white overpowers the translucent blue, and makes it very choppy and not faded. So what am I supposed to do? Say nothing about the backstory, which might lead some people to believe you could get a pour like that custom? Do I mention the price I paid or the price it would have been to custom order it, which is the only way I ended up with a flop -- because someone did custom order that? Is the custom price relevant when I didn't pay it and you couldn't custom order it, or is it helpful to give the custom order price anyway so that people will be aware of what they could potentially spend on custom fade MD with a suction cup and spooky seconds if they didn't happen to find someone's flop? Do I talk about how to get spooky seconds when I didn't go through that process? Do I tell people about the resolution provided for the actual custom order, which was a repour, when whether or not people get repours or store credit seems totally random, or do I just hope nothing does go wrong for anyone that might decide to buy because of my review? Is it dishonest of me to mention OR not mention these things?

I would be happy to write a review saying "the Mountain Drake is awesome" or even "the Mountain Drake is awesome, there were some issues around my particular one and the other person's custom, but I'm confident you won't have issues or if you do it'll be resolved" but I can't because I'm not confident of that. These are basic fucking things and I feel like BD doesn't???? Understand that????? Somehow??????????

I agree it's completely random who gets a repore or who gets store credit for their things. I got a custom that you can barely even tell it's metallic and the whole thing looks muted because of it. I asked for a repore they told me it's fine and they refused to do it for me. Almost $300 and I can't get a repore. It sucks.
kt~

Postby kt~ » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Tempest wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Not to mention how aggressive they got with me and a small group of others when people started speaking up about the whole thing and some rumors that started floating around. Red flag.

Was this under the new ownership or when they were still under the old ownership? Because the old owners were sketchy af.

If you're talking about EE - afaik, there were claims that the old owners of the lifecasts had actual sex with their animals (I'm talking about beyond just lifecasting, which is pretty much the most harmless thing humans can do to animals, much less harmful than mindlessly murdering, mutilating, and eating their corpses...)

But the new owners (aka the current owners of EE) don't want to be mixed up with that, that's why they get so defensive.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:30 pm

Corbett wrote:I agree it's completely random who gets a repore or who gets store credit for their things. I got a custom that you can barely even tell it's metallic and the whole thing looks muted because of it. I asked for a repore they told me it's fine and they refused to do it for me. Almost $300 and I can't get a repore. It sucks.

I'm so sad to see that happened to you. At that price particularly. I get that sometimes there's no pleasing some people. Yet $300 for a pour that didn't really turn out? I think once it costs over $90 or maybe in general for muddied marbles/metallics or choppy fades, they really should send pictures out to the customers to see if they like it. I heard it used to be common in general for them to do that with custom orders..then one day they just stopped?

I really wanted to make some custom orders because I never see smalls or minis that are also tubed in toy Signature or promotional colors..plus lately all of their ready made toys in promo colors either rogue or not are in 5/medium firmness and for more heavily textured or thicker toys I'm going to need 3 firm. Yet hearing all of this unhappiness over customs..not just one or two people yet many people. Versus seeing what cam girls are getting. It's making me really not want to take the risk with customs. Knowing one CS rep might say something is possible while another gives a flat no. And that some CS reps may offer an alternative to what you want while others won't. So very conflicted.
Last edited by Fae Fantase on Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Moonmeat

Postby Moonmeat » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:31 pm

Yeah, I never got the whole "repour" or "in-store" credit thing. I've been around awhile, and I know people who have gotten free toys for review, and the reviews weren't even that good... but they got re-pours when they didn't come out in the exact colour they wanted.

Yet when my toy was missing a suction cup and I ticketed them about it they said they could give me $10 in-store credit, or I could pay to have it shipped back and they would send me a repour... yet I also recall that same person who got the free repour also got to keep the mixed up toy for nearly nothing. :psyduck:

If there's one thing that really irks me about companies it's the ones that say they won't do something, but you can easily find stuff online where they will go behind what they say and give what "they can't do" out for free.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:35 pm

Moonmeat wrote:Yeah, I never got the whole "repour" or "in-store" credit thing. I've been around awhile, and I know people who have gotten free toys for review, and the reviews weren't even that good... but they got re-pours when they didn't come out in the exact colour they wanted.

Yet when my toy was missing a suction cup and I ticketed them about it they said they could give me $10 in-store credit, or I could pay to have it shipped back and they would send me a repour... yet I also recall that same person who got the free repour also got to keep the mixed up toy for nearly nothing. :psyduck:

If there's one thing that really irks me about companies it's the ones that say they won't do something, but you can easily find stuff online where they will go behind what they say and give what "they can't do" out for free.

I'm honestly thinking this has to do with who you happen to get for customer service related things. Very frustrating.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Moonmeat

Postby Moonmeat » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:40 pm

Yeah. I've had excellent experience with uh... gosh what's their name... Stripes? The cute rainbow-tiger-fella! I've always had good experience with him, but not so much with some more unknown CS representatives though (and one more popular). It's a shame that with their customer service it's based on a "who you gonna get today" sorta thing. :c

Kinda like when you go through the airport it depends on the type of TSA officer you will get or the person who checks in your bags. x_x
RigidDreamer

Postby RigidDreamer » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:12 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
RigidDreamer wrote:Edit: My Disconnect extension blocked the pic for some reason. Weird.

Were you able to see it, then?

Yup. When one of my myriad extensions screws with a page, I load the url in Edge. Virtually the only time I ever open that browser. :P

Pretty dicks. But I don't feel slighted that BD doesn't offer them to everyone.

These are time-intensive, low success rate pours that only a few people on their staff are capable of. To maintain their margins and avoid a long backlog, they'd have to charge an obscene rate for these toys. Then everyone would complain about high prices.

Yes, other makers offer highly intricate custom pours to the public, like EE and (rarely) DA. But these are minuscule companies, so everyone on staff is a highly experienced artisan. And their volumes are tiny compared to BD's, so they have more time to invest into customs.

If you can make half a dozen simple, high success rate toys in the time it would take to create one intricate, low success rate toy, why would you make the latter for anything other than advertising?

As for giving toys to cam girls, I bet this boosts sales of penetrables.

And many BD customs look amateurish because they're made by inexperienced pourers. BD's volume is so high that they've had to hire people who aren't very good. You can't produce a high volume, yet maintain artisan quality.
Corbett

Postby Corbett » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:35 pm

lovelyscales wrote:
Corbett wrote:I agree it's completely random who gets a repore or who gets store credit for their things. I got a custom that you can barely even tell it's metallic and the whole thing looks muted because of it. I asked for a repore they told me it's fine and they refused to do it for me. Almost $300 and I can't get a repore. It sucks.

I'm so sad to see that happened to you. At that price particularly. I get that sometimes there's no pleasing some people. Yet $300 for a pour that didn't really turn out? I think once it costs over $90 or maybe in general for muddied marbles/metallics or choppy fades, they really should send pictures out to the customers to see if they like it. I heard it used to be common in general for them to do that with custom orders..then one day they just stopped? I get to make toys faster. Yet that is a ton of money to spend to not get something that is up to par with regular customs as of late if it's muddied/doesn't actually look metallic.

I really wanted to make some custom orders because I never see smalls or minis that are also tubed in toy Signature or promotional colors..plus lately all of their ready made toys in promo colors either rogue or not are in 5/medium firmness and for more heavily textured or thicker toys I'm going to need 3 firm. Yet hearing all of this unhappiness over customs..not just one or two people yet many people. Versus seeing what cam girls are getting. It's making me really not want to take the risk with customs..particularly marbles which I know won't be tighter, lacey, or whispier for customs already. Also knowing one CS rep might say something is possible while another gives a flat no. And that some CS reps may offer an alternative to what you want while others won't. So very conflicted.

It was a legacy medium Luka in a split Fade with sloppy seconds. The fade actually turned out great for once but I just couldn't tell it was Metallica at all. The only way you can even tell was if you submerged underwater. The sloppy seconds was literally one dribble down the toy and only after I showed how upset I was that the CS rep decided to tell me that curve toys have a tendency to do that. I had bought a second-hand Spritz that had a good curve on it and it had a beautiful sloppy seconds. I just wanted something at least for them to understand how upset I was. They told me it was a good pour and I should be happy. Before that, the fade looks super choppy on my medium Flint. But at least that one you could tell it was metallic. And the Luka is super smooth so it should have showed up well. I could see how people might think that I'm just being super picky but after that I really don't feel comfortable ordering a custom.

I totally agree with you I want some of the promotional colors but I need a 3. I kind of have to get Customs which sucks even more. I want to be happy like everyone else is I really do but at this point I've lowered my standards more and more and yet I'm still disappointed. I don't even want to get on marble because I'm scared it's going to look bad.
Corbett

Postby Corbett » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:42 pm

Moonmeat wrote:Yeah, I never got the whole "repour" or "in-store" credit thing. I've been around awhile, and I know people who have gotten free toys for review, and the reviews weren't even that good... but they got re-pours when they didn't come out in the exact colour they wanted.

You hit it right on the head. It all depends on who you get. I used to have great luck with one rep for legacy toys. Always very nice. If something has a tendency to not go well, ie sloppy secounds on curved toys or fades that turn grey in the middle, why not explain that to the customer so we don't get mad. Only one custom I got a picture for and the fade turned out really muddied and they didn't tell me that could happen.
Last edited by Corbett on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:13 pm

RigidDreamer wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
RigidDreamer wrote:Edit: My Disconnect extension blocked the pic for some reason. Weird.

Were you able to see it, then?

Yup. When one of my myriad extensions screws with a page, I load the url in Edge. Virtually the only time I ever open that browser. :P

Pretty dicks. But I don't feel slighted that BD doesn't offer them to everyone.

These are time-intensive, low success rate pours that only a few people on their staff are capable of. To maintain their margins and avoid a long backlog, they'd have to charge an obscene rate for these toys. Then everyone would complain about high prices.

Yes, other makers offer highly intricate custom pours to the public, like EE and (rarely) DA. But these are minuscule companies, so everyone on staff is a highly experienced artisan. And their volumes are tiny compared to BD's, so they have more time to invest into customs.

If you can make half a dozen simple, high success rate toys in the time it would take to create one intricate, low success rate toy, why would you make the latter for anything other than advertising?

As for giving toys to cam girls, I bet this boosts sales of penetrables.

And many BD customs look amateurish because they're made by inexperienced pourers. BD's volume is so high that they've had to hire people who aren't very good. You can't produce a high volume, yet maintain artisan quality.

Thank you for saying this! I was thinking about saying something similar, but you said it much better than I could have.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
Zch

Postby Zch » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:16 am

Hoooo boy, Bad dragon is turning into another "Meh" quality sex toy maker, lets see how this rides out :Mostly sarcasm:
Sheer nonsense as far as the eye can see!
Toy collection!
► Show Spoiler
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:01 am

It's interesting how they manage it everyday to make things worse :psyduck:
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
Moonmeat

Postby Moonmeat » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:18 am

Kinda concerned/worried for whenever they get around to finding all these "negative" posts and what they plan on doing with covering them up... as they've never dealt with criticism of any shape or form before. :eyeroll: They've been so shifty lately and without so much as a peep to anything in the forum community... which is pretty stupid considering the forum members were the ones who really helped with getting a voice out there.
Zch

Postby Zch » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:21 am

Moonmeat wrote:Kinda concerned/worried for whenever they get around to finding all these "negative" posts and what they plan on doing with covering them up... as they've never dealt with criticism of any shape or form before. :eyeroll: They've been so shifty lately and without so much as a peep to anything in the forum community... which is pretty stupid considering the forum members were the ones who really helped with getting a voice out there.

With any luck, with some grace... And not "Well fuck you too then, We're closed"
Sheer nonsense as far as the eye can see!
Toy collection!
► Show Spoiler
Moonmeat

Postby Moonmeat » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:43 am

Here's top hoping! I like explanations, because it feels better to be told "this is why" then not even knowing why and being left in the dark. :misc4:
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:04 am

My question is, why are they giving dildos to an indie horror film maker? (Of whom I've never heard of either) :mystery:

Return to “General Discussion”