/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
User avatar
Ixick
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:31 pm
Gender: FtM

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Ixick » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 am

That Crackers is...honestly infuriating. :eyeroll:

I've never done a custom with BD precisely because of all of the horror stories. But, prior to this, I'd also not done it simply because I knew that BD wasn't capable of a complicated pour. A place like EE more than satisfies my custom pour itch, after all.

But this?

That toy was ridiculously high-detailed, easily on-par or even surpassing EE's craftsmanship. Yet BD can't even do some very basic customs? And then if a custom goes wrong, you either get a tiny bit of store credit or get told that you're wrong about it going wrong?

And I really don't understand the point of giving out special custom toys for free. How does that, in any way, help them? Somehow, someone watches a camgirl and goes "wow, that toy is pretty", and goes to BD and tickets them for a custom of that toy. They'll get told that it isn't possible! It makes the entire camgirl toy use/review false advertising! That's not going to attract new customers!

Not to mention that if someone somehow saw the horror movie toy and asked, BD would probably laugh in their face for even trying to ask for something so complex.

This is just so infuriating and it's made even worse knowing that many of us are entirely willing to give them extra money for customs like that, and they just refuse to do it. :angry:
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3448
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:52 am

blushingkitten wrote:
RigidDreamer wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:Were you able to see it, then?

Yup. When one of my myriad extensions screws with a page, I load the url in Edge. Virtually the only time I ever open that browser. :P

Pretty dicks. But I don't feel slighted that BD doesn't offer them to everyone.

These are time-intensive, low success rate pours that only a few people on their staff are capable of. To maintain their margins and avoid a long backlog, they'd have to charge an obscene rate for these toys. Then everyone would complain about high prices.

Yes, other makers offer highly intricate custom pours to the public, like EE and (rarely) DA. But these are minuscule companies, so everyone on staff is a highly experienced artisan. And their volumes are tiny compared to BD's, so they have more time to invest into customs.

If you can make half a dozen simple, high success rate toys in the time it would take to create one intricate, low success rate toy, why would you make the latter for anything other than advertising?

As for giving toys to cam girls, I bet this boosts sales of penetrables.

And many BD customs look amateurish because they're made by inexperienced pourers. BD's volume is so high that they've had to hire people who aren't very good. You can't produce a high volume, yet maintain artisan quality.


Thank you for saying this! I was thinking about saying something similar, but you said it much better than I could have.

Seconded
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3448
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:03 am

You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3448
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:20 am

Arumaeruma wrote:My question is, why are they giving dildos to an indie horror film maker? (Of whom I've never heard of either) :mystery:

Could just be that they're fans :widesmile:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
User avatar
Phelvia
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:01 am
Gender: I sexually identify as an attack helicopter

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Phelvia » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:26 am

Well I just came back on here, seen a tiger crackers, a custom highlight Ridley, and a marbled Nocturne. None of which BD says they can do. No. They CAN do it but they don't WANT to.
I don't get the sediment; give super difficult pours that took EFFORT to special people for free. People that see these amazing pours will ask for them but be told no. Yet, we have to pay +$60 for the old Alexandrite (and not every toy can "support" a marble) while special people get "not possible customs" AND they're free. So what's the end goal? Be known as the company that lies about custom toys? That company that only makes special pours for special people? That company that is just doing this for publicity? I don't get their motive.

All I wanted as a custom from my time with BD (almost 2 years) was a custom tongue like Arumaeruma's but minus the yellow, add purple, instead of a white base it was Halloween black. But that "wasn't possible". So I had to "settle" with a Halloween black base, and a tri marbled toy. (It came out nice, I like it but the fact that I had to settle that hard bothers me especially since seeing this). If BD tells us no then they shouldn't turn around and do those things for others.

If this isn't a part of "the big changes" then there's no redeeming change BD can do for me personally. We lost the stories, art, more mainstream, cutting custom options, we get told no for customs but BD turns around and does "impossible pours" and gives them for free. Unless BD opens up a "Full Custom Boutique" where we can get toys that take a lot of effort to make but also at a price, at least those of us that want those dream customs can have them finally.

Of course these are just petty complaints right? /s
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Amaranthe » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:36 am

RigidDreamer wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
RigidDreamer wrote:Edit: My Disconnect extension blocked the pic for some reason. Weird.

Were you able to see it, then?

Yup. When one of my myriad extensions screws with a page, I load the url in Edge. Virtually the only time I ever open that browser. :P

Pretty dicks. But I don't feel slighted that BD doesn't offer them to everyone.

These are time-intensive, low success rate pours that only a few people on their staff are capable of. To maintain their margins and avoid a long backlog, they'd have to charge an obscene rate for these toys. Then everyone would complain about high prices.

Yes, other makers offer highly intricate custom pours to the public, like EE and (rarely) DA. But these are minuscule companies, so everyone on staff is a highly experienced artisan. And their volumes are tiny compared to BD's, so they have more time to invest into customs.

If you can make half a dozen simple, high success rate toys in the time it would take to create one intricate, low success rate toy, why would you make the latter for anything other than advertising?

As for giving toys to cam girls, I bet this boosts sales of penetrables.

And many BD customs look amateurish because they're made by inexperienced pourers. BD's volume is so high that they've had to hire people who aren't very good. You can't produce a high volume, yet maintain artisan quality.

This is all correct.
HOWEVER, it's they way they go about it that makes it really annoying. Because there are so many issues with customs and suddenly "mainstreaming" and back and forth about what's possible and what isn't, seeing special pours like this is like pouring salt in a wound. And anyway, why would they want to advertise with colors that are not available to everyone? That's just asking for disappointed/confused new customers. But, given how BD handles customer relations, they probably don't care because they know they have a large part of the market for fantasy toys, and more likely than not, people will still give them money.
User avatar
kittycat1356
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:57 am
Gender: Female
Location: Nc

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby kittycat1356 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:12 am

Y'know, I'd love to work for BD doing pours and such, and just put a few custom hand painted details on toys occasionally. (Stripes, spots etc.) And let them drop with the rest of the toys lol
I've worked with silicone and have tried hand painting to a degree, I'd love to let fourmgoers have a chance at a cool toy xD.

Too bad I live in nc though lol, BD please expand to nc and let me work for you xD
Demisexual LESBIAN kitty :mystery: <the babies want to be touched
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3448
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:15 am

just another note on troma
the "classic" movies were great when I was a teen
now.........
ummm....
noooo

they fare better as a fond memory

and back to toys!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
User avatar
Moonmeat
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:49 am
Gender: Female

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Moonmeat » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:17 am

I mean it's all fine and dandy if they wanted to gift some sweet merch to a inspiration of theirs (even if they're not associated with the industry they're in at all), but like... maybe don't give them highly customized merchandise??? And act like it doesn't happen? :B Especially when there is a good willing amount that WOULD pay the extra to have these sweet things??? It really does not make sense.

I know awhile back the whole "We're taking away highlights and these neat features because too many people cried when it didn't come out *perfectly"\*" was the reason everything went away... but this is kinda ridiculous. For one of the biggest toy companies for being known to make really neat shit, they sure don't want to go that extra mile for the customers anymore. Only the extra mile to fatten their wallets the fastest way possible.
User avatar
Zch
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:47 pm
Gender: Male... Nope.. Yep definitely male
Location: Titius Station, Emerald, Cemiess

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Zch » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:24 am

Moonmeat wrote:I mean it's all fine and dandy if they wanted to gift some sweet merch to a inspiration of theirs (even if they're not associated with the industry they're in at all), but like... maybe don't give them highly customized merchandise??? And act like it doesn't happen? :B Especially when there is a good willing amount that WOULD pay the extra to have these sweet things??? It really does not make sense.

I know awhile back the whole "We're taking away highlights and these neat features because too many people cried when it didn't come out *perfectly"\*" was the reason everything went away... but this is kinda ridiculous. For one of the biggest toy companies for being known to make really neat shit, they sure don't want to go that extra mile for the customers anymore. Only the extra mile to fatten their wallets the fastest way possible.

If this keeps up, I'll probably take my wishlist to EE... I waited FAR to long to be able to purchase toys and now it seems i'd be better off spending my money for custom toys somewhere else.
Sheer nonsense as far as the eye can see!
Toy collection!
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
silvring
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:27 pm
Gender: vintage microwave oven

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby silvring » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:32 am

Seeing who it's for and how it looks, I'm curious if that Crackers is even in silicone rather than cast in polyurethane, then hand painted/air brushed like a special effects prosthetic.
User avatar
Arumaeruma
Posts: 3353
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:45 pm
Gender: Female- Bisexual

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Arumaeruma » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:33 am

silvring wrote:Seeing who it's for and how it looks, I'm curious if that Crackers is even in silicone rather than cast in polyurethane, then hand painted/air brushed like a special effects prosthetic.

That was my thought too. I thought it was a special effects prop
Drazard
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:02 pm

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Drazard » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:44 am

silvring wrote:Seeing who it's for and how it looks, I'm curious if that Crackers is even in silicone rather than cast in polyurethane, then hand painted/air brushed like a special effects prosthetic.

It looks like glossy silicone to me - perhaps finished similarly to Cockbender and Akifu Toys' products? :mystery: The slight droop of the shaft is what leads me to think it's silicone - I would've expected the shaft to be more 'erect' if it was cast in a sturdier material.
User avatar
Phelvia
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:01 am
Gender: I sexually identify as an attack helicopter

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Phelvia » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:47 am

Moonmeat wrote:I mean it's all fine and dandy if they wanted to gift some sweet merch to a inspiration of theirs (even if they're not associated with the industry they're in at all), but like... maybe don't give them highly customized merchandise??? And act like it doesn't happen? :B Especially when there is a good willing amount that WOULD pay the extra to have these sweet things??? It really does not make sense.

I know awhile back the whole "We're taking away highlights and these neat features because too many people cried when it didn't come out *perfectly"\*" was the reason everything went away... but this is kinda ridiculous. For one of the biggest toy companies for being known to make really neat shit, they sure don't want to go that extra mile for the customers anymore. Only the extra mile to fatten their wallets the fastest way possible.

I don't even think they fatten their wallets this way (if you mean with these elaborate pours). Cam girls get these for free, and so do apparently these guys.
Like, as others have said, people that expect to be able to get awesome pours like those in that picture are going to be sorely disappointed. Then again, they might just settle like us here while BD caters to their "special snowflakes" :eyeroll:
Im sorry but this definitely doesn't sit well with me. I'm trying very hard to be positive and wait for the big changes then we get shown things all of us never could dream of BD doing for us.... if getting customs like this isn't one of them....or even getting the black RR toys as a limited thing (maybe give us one day to order them) then I don't even know anymore. Still going to trust Dasa until the season is over to see what's in store that doesn't reflect BD now and not forgetting the roots.
User avatar
Zch
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:47 pm
Gender: Male... Nope.. Yep definitely male
Location: Titius Station, Emerald, Cemiess

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Zch » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:55 am

^THIS
Sheer nonsense as far as the eye can see!
Toy collection!
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Moonmeat
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:49 am
Gender: Female

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Moonmeat » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:02 am

It sucks because I haven't bought a custom let alone a flop, for a few reasons, in awhile. :< Like I haven't even felt that excitement of flops dropping. I wouldn't mind if camgirls got an average toy for review because I mean they're reviewing the toy sure but does that really mean that they need to have something with all the bells and whistles you can't get as an average customer? I've never even really been a fan of Ruby's reviews because the reviews are the same in every video. She starts out talking about how to do your order, all the while she usually holds some pretty impressive toys that you may or may not be able to get as a custom? It's confusing. :B

I mean I for one loved BD when I first became interested in fantasy dongers, but as of late it just seems like they want to cater to people in the "not so fantasy" community? I mean shit sake: toy images are going missing, stories have vanished, some random collaboration with a "kink" site, etc all without really any prior warning or explanation.
User avatar
lizardbreath
Posts: 3448
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Gender: female
Location: pgh, pa

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:04 am

Drazard wrote:
silvring wrote:Seeing who it's for and how it looks, I'm curious if that Crackers is even in silicone rather than cast in polyurethane, then hand painted/air brushed like a special effects prosthetic.

It looks like glossy silicone to me - perhaps finished similarly to Cockbender and Akifu Toys' products? :mystery: The slight droop of the shaft is what leads me to think it's silicone - I would've expected the shaft to be more 'erect' if it was cast in a sturdier material.

at first I thought it was ceramic!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
User avatar
HungryStray
Posts: 1449
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:58 am

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby HungryStray » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:08 am

Arumaeruma wrote:
silvring wrote:Seeing who it's for and how it looks, I'm curious if that Crackers is even in silicone rather than cast in polyurethane, then hand painted/air brushed like a special effects prosthetic.

That was my thought too. I thought it was a special effects prop

I've been dying for someone else to bring this up, mostly because I wasn't sure of the material name. But definitely, first thought was that it wasn't silicone. Even if they were capable of hand painting inside a mold THAT cleanly, the finish on that bad boy in the picture is waaaaaay too shiny to be the real thing.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
User avatar
Amaranthe
Posts: 2466
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:10 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby Amaranthe » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:17 am

It not being silicone is a good point. Admittedly, I first thought it might have been a painted 3-D print. I dunno though. :mystery:
User avatar
silvring
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:27 pm
Gender: vintage microwave oven

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby silvring » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:18 am

HungryStray wrote:I've been dying for someone else to bring this up, mostly because I wasn't sure of the material name. But definitely, first thought was that it wasn't silicone. Even if they were capable of hand painting inside a mold THAT cleanly, the finish on that bad boy in the picture is waaaaaay too shiny to be the real thing.

Drazard pointed out it could be glazed silicone. It might be glazed polyurethane foam rubber too. Either way, I'm not quite sure that's something which is actually made for safe use rather than a piece made like a movie prop.

Edit: quotefail.

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests