Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Amaranthe

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:09 pm

Has anyone gotten anything with Ika's nifty marble color yet? I'm interested to see some in-person pics. I thought of ordering it on Pretzal later on, either as a regular marble or as a pride stripe marble if they can do that.
Also! Does anyone know whether Peridot is just a two-color marble? It's really grown on me lately, but I'm not sure what I'd order in it. Maybe Stan? Or ...another Pretzel.... or maybe a Scorn? I've already locked in my Scorn coloration, though, so IDK. Maybe as the base for a Hanns with some sort of purple/bronze marblefor the shaft??? Or a Turquoise Shaft????
I'm ready for you all to throw ideas at me if you've got them :widesmile:

Keep in mind this is all just throwing around hypotheticals for later consideration :smilenox:
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Amaranthe wrote:Has anyone gotten anything with Ika's nifty marble color yet? I'm interested to see some in-person pics. I thought of ordering it on Pretzal later on, either as a regular marble or as a pride stripe marble if they can do that.
Also! Does anyone know whether Peridot is just a two-color marble? It's really grown on me lately, but I'm not sure what I'd order in it. Maybe Stan? Or ...another Pretzel.... or maybe a Scorn? I've already locked in my Scorn coloration, though, so IDK. Maybe as the base for a Hanns with some sort of purple/bronze marblefor the shaft??? Or a Turquoise Shaft????

Keep in mind this is all just throwing around hypotheticals for later consideration :smilenox:

I ordered a pretzal in ika's marble as a pride streak :widesmile:
I post pics when it arrives
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:18 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:Has anyone gotten anything with Ika's nifty marble color yet? I'm interested to see some in-person pics. I thought of ordering it on Pretzal later on, either as a regular marble or as a pride stripe marble if they can do that.

I ordered a pretzal in ika's marble as a pride streak :widesmile:
I post pics when it arrives

OOOOOOOOOOOHHH I'm excited!! :misc3: :smile:
raspberrri

Postby raspberrri » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:00 am

raspberrri wrote:I got preview pics of my custom space dong! I flip flopped on whether to get a fade or infinity star and finally opted for infinity star.

► Show Spoiler

They're offering to redo it because it doesn't quite match up with my reference picture. I'm going to take them up on that and try for more green-y blues. It's still super pretty, though.

My custom came in! I'm happy I asked them to remake the one above because I love the one I got! The colors are a bit off in my pictures but the background color is a purple and the blues are much more blue green than in the one above!
► Show Spoiler

More pics in the Flint thread!
reine

Postby reine » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:09 am

Does anyone have a picture (or multiple pictures) of the Werewolf Muzzle's old Lunar Lupine colour? :misc1:

I was thinking about getting a mini Echo in it, but the Werewolf Muzzle's page has been taken down and I can't find any customer photos. I think it was a nice metallic white-silver/black marble, though?
:psyduck:
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:12 am

raspberrri wrote:
raspberrri wrote:I got preview pics of my custom space dong! I flip flopped on whether to get a fade or infinity star and finally opted for infinity star.

► Show Spoiler

They're offering to redo it because it doesn't quite match up with my reference picture. I'm going to take them up on that and try for more green-y blues. It's still super pretty, though.

My custom came in! I'm happy I asked them to remake the one above because I love the one I got! The colors are a bit off in my pictures but the background color is a purple and the blues are much more blue green than in the one above!
► Show Spoiler

Holy shit that's pretty I love the green!
kt~

Postby kt~ » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:22 am

reine wrote:Does anyone have a picture (or multiple pictures) of the Werewolf Muzzle's old Lunar Lupine colour? :misc1:

I was thinking about getting a mini Echo in it, but the Werewolf Muzzle's page has been taken down and I can't find any customer photos. I think it was a nice metallic white-silver/black marble, though?

Wayback Machine to the rescue:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160414001 ... wolfmuzzle

If you can't open the page for some reason, here are the Lunar Lupine pictures on the page.

product_photo_21_full.jpg

product_photo_51_full.jpg

product_photo_41_resized.jpg
product_photo_41_resized.jpg (20.58 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
reine

Postby reine » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:53 pm

kt~ wrote:Wayback Machine to the rescue:

If you can't open the page for some reason, here are the Lunar Lupine pictures on the page.

Awesome, thanks! :buddy: I always forget about the Wayback Machine, for some reason.
Covi

Postby Covi » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:56 pm

raspberrri wrote:

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

I REALLY love this color scheme, and im really interested how you managed to get it on a toy! Mind sharing your secret?
All I want in life is a bunch of Bad Dragon sex toys as well as someone to share them with, is that too much to ask for?
Why do I want so many toys, but never have the money for them?
:unamused:
"When life gives you sex toys go big or go home"
- unknown

:misc11: Collection & Wishlist :misc12:
on profile

ImageImageImageImage
raspberrri

Postby raspberrri » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Covi wrote:
raspberrri wrote:
raspberrri wrote: :words:

► Show Spoiler

I REALLY love this color scheme, and im really interested how you managed to get it on a toy! Mind sharing your secret?

I contacted customer service about a custom space toy. They suggested Infinity Star coloration and I chose my own colors instead of the normal Infinity Star colors.
kt~

Postby kt~ » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:31 pm

reine wrote:
kt~ wrote:Wayback Machine to the rescue:

Awesome, thanks! :buddy: I always forget about the Wayback Machine, for some reason.

No problem, I tend to forget about it too, but remembered it this time.
~Kinzie~ :misc13: :cool: / Female / 23 / Otaku / Writer

One step on the road to recovery from past traumas.

20 Insertables/1 Penetrable/3 Vibes/4 Eggs
Pictures of my Collection
knottypaws

Postby knottypaws » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:19 am

Kynaro wrote:I've already sent a ticket asking this question, but has anyone had experience with custom versions of signature toy colors?
In my case, I'm hoping to get the Rex Good Boy coloration(on a Rex) but with a slight modification, primarily to the base. I don't feel like that would be too much of a problem but was just wondering if there was any track record for these types of things going through.

Has anybody ever gotten a Rex in Good Boy with a different colored base? When I put in a ticket they said no. Call me paranoid, but I feel like they change whatever is available whenever they want.
The Armory
Medium/Medium Rex
*waiting on XL/Split Flared Chance ( :misc5:)
*waiting on XL/Medium Rex ( :misc2: )
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:12 pm

knottypaws wrote:
Kynaro wrote:I've already sent a ticket asking this question, but has anyone had experience with custom versions of signature toy colors?
In my case, I'm hoping to get the Rex Good Boy coloration(on a Rex) but with a slight modification, primarily to the base. I don't feel like that would be too much of a problem but was just wondering if there was any track record for these types of things going through.

Has anybody ever gotten a Rex in Good Boy with a different colored base? When I put in a ticket they said no. Call me paranoid, but I feel like they change whatever is available whenever they want.

I feel like this should be something they should be able to do just because TONS of people have gotten mix and match with their stock colors. Particularly, people have gotten like "X's shaft with a y colored base" or "Y's base with X's shaft". Hell I even got a literal chimera of a coloration (on my chimera) asking for the base of Nox's signature, with a fade from the tip of spritz's natrual to gryphons firebird yellow. How did you phrase your question? Maybe you phrased it in a way they didn't fully understand, if not, ask them why it might not be possible (manufacturing limitations is too vague of an answer, ask for more clarification). Something like this SHOULD be able to be done because I've seen many people do it.
knottypaws

Postby knottypaws » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:21 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
I feel like this should be something they should be able to do just because TONS of people have gotten mix and match with their stock colors. Particularly, people have gotten like "X's shaft with a y colored base" or "Y's base with X's shaft". Hell I even got a literal chimera of a coloration (on my chimera) asking for the base of Nox's signature, with a fade from the tip of spritz's natrual to gryphons firebird yellow. How did you phrase your question? Maybe you phrased it in a way they didn't fully understand, if not, ask them why it might not be possible (manufacturing limitations is too vague of an answer, ask for more clarification). Something like this SHOULD be able to be done because I've seen many people do it.

That's exactly what I'm sayin man.

"On the XL Rex I ordered I was wondering if it's possible to keep the shaft colored purple and red with the rex's signature, but change the sheath to a dark tan like #874E33"

To which she replied

"Hi there Knottypaws!

Thank you for contacting us! Unfortunately, we cannot make any changes to Rex's Signature color at all. We are very sorry for inconvenience this may cause. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!"

So you mean to tell me for that one itty bitty piece at the end you cant pour tan instead of black?
The Armory
Medium/Medium Rex
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:28 pm

knottypaws wrote:
That's exactly what I'm sayin man.

"On the XL Rex I ordered I was wondering if it's possible to keep the shaft colored purple and red with the rex's signature, but change the sheath to a dark tan like #874E33"

To which she replied

"Hi there Knottypaws!

Thank you for contacting us! Unfortunately, we cannot make any changes to Rex's Signature color at all. We are very sorry for inconvenience this may cause. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!"

So you mean to tell me for that one itty bitty piece at the end you cant pour tan instead of black?

I think the main issue is they don't offer splits on Rex anymore. Good Boy is (as far as I know) one of the only ways to get a split on the model.

I can't claim to know why, but at least it seems to be fairly consistent? Plus Rex doesn't have the little disclaimer text on his page ("All custom colors will be attempted, but cannot be guaranteed due to the nature of the silicone.")
:mystery:
ImageImage
knottypaws

Postby knottypaws » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:04 pm

Jasmine wrote:
I think the main issue is they don't offer splits on Rex anymore. Good Boy is (as far as I know) one of the only ways to get a split on the model.

I can't claim to know why, but at least it seems to be fairly consistent? Plus Rex doesn't have the little disclaimer text on his page ("All custom colors will be attempted, but cannot be guaranteed due to the nature of the silicone.")
:mystery:

Yep :unamused:

"Hi again Knottypaws!

Due to the complexity of Rex's Signature color, we cannot make any changes to it. Additionally, Rex does not support any custom split colorations at this time, and modifying Rex's Signature would make it a custom split. We normally can modify special toy colors, but since Rex's Signature is so complex we cannot. We are very sorry about that! Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Have a great day!"

Well that's a bummer. I prefer the natural look on the shaft but I was hoping to change the sheaths so I don't have two toys the same exact color.
The Armory
Medium/Medium Rex
reine

Postby reine » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:46 am

Hmmm...
Has anyone gotten a Sloppy Seconds-type highlight on a Roland before? I'm thinking about adding SS when I (eventually) buy my XL Roland, but I don't know how well the model holds highlights like that.
gooedneighbor

Postby gooedneighbor » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:44 pm

Speaking of SS, does anyone know if they'll still do Sloppy Seconds on customs in colors other than white since the whole "streamlining" thing? (Sorry if this has been asked before, but search turned up nothing helpful.) I know there are some in adopts, but that doesn't mean much.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:46 pm

gooedneighbor wrote:Speaking of SS, does anyone know if they'll still do Sloppy Seconds on customs in colors other than white since the whole "streamlining" thing? (Sorry if this has been asked before, but search turned up nothing helpful.) I know there are some in adopts, but that doesn't mean much.

Nope, only white SS are available. You can get Spooky Seconds in any of the glow colors, though!
ImageImage
gooedneighbor

Postby gooedneighbor » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Jasmine wrote:
gooedneighbor wrote:Speaking of SS, does anyone know if they'll still do Sloppy Seconds on customs in colors other than white since the whole "streamlining" thing? (Sorry if this has been asked before, but search turned up nothing helpful.) I know there are some in adopts, but that doesn't mean much.

Nope, only white SS are available. You can get Spooky Seconds in any of the glow colors, though!

Oh well. Thanks for letting me know!

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”