Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
lizardbreath

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:17 pm

do I want a hanns with a 4th kind flower and 5th kind leaves?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:29 pm

lizardbreath wrote:do I want a hanns with a 4th kind flower and 5th kind leaves?

Yes.

Or maybe you're like me and want a Hanns with 5th kind leaves and Opal flower :stick:
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:do I want a hanns with a 4th kind flower and 5th kind leaves?

Yes.

Or maybe you're like me and want a Hanns with 5th kind leaves and Opal flower :stick:

:surprised: :bugeyed: :surprised:

ARGH!!!!
well NOW I do
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:02 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:

Yes.

ARGH!!!!
well NOW I do

I've asked about an opal split on hanns (with a peridot base) in the past and they said they couldn't do it. :sniffing:

I kind of get why with the whole toy highlight opal has though. Idk, let me know if you ticket and get told something different!
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Knottery wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:Yes.

ARGH!!!!
well NOW I do

I've asked about an opal split on hanns (with a peridot base) in the past and they said they couldn't do it. :sniffing:

I kind of get why with the whole toy highlight opal has though. Idk, let me know if you ticket and get told something different!

Aww, yeah, that's right. I didn't think of that. Well, maybe an Amethyst/Diamond marble instead, then!
marshmarshmarsh

Postby marshmarshmarsh » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:24 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
Knottery wrote:
lizardbreath wrote: :surprised: :bugeyed: :surprised:

ARGH!!!!
well NOW I do

Aww, yeah, that's right. I didn't think of that. Well, maybe an Amethyst/Diamond marble instead, then!

has anyone asked if you can get an opal marble without the highlight, so you can get a nice split minus interfering highlight?
seeking: Jollies Jollie
selling: Bazel, Pyxis. PM if interested!
Idra

Postby Idra » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:55 pm

marshmarshmarsh wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
Knottery wrote:

has anyone asked if you can get an opal marble without the highlight, so you can get a nice split minus interfering highlight?

Idk, I'd be totally fine with the silver highlight from Opal getting on Hanns' leaves. It'd be like those green leaves with the silvery underside that really exist. I think it'd be beautiful tbh.
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
AriesCat

Postby AriesCat » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:59 am

Man, I was expecting my list of possibilities for my custom to be "Nope, nope, nope" and instead I got "Yes but might not turn out great" "Yes" and "yes" so now I just need to decide between them!
► Show Spoiler
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:22 pm

*happy dance*
Yaaaaas, looks like I can as-close-as-possible replicate my old large Roland's colours on an XL!!!
I can hardly wait for Yule nowwww XD I wouldn't get it til January, but so worth the wait.
Jaxom1

Postby Jaxom1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:48 pm

What are your thoughts on the proposed color combinations?

I had an idea for an interesting color scheme. I was hoping I'd find a place where someone already did it, but since I haven't found it I would like everyone's opinion. I'm thinking of getting a Nox in a metallic color fade like this:
Metalic green and purple.png
Metalic green and purple.png (245.68 KiB) Viewed 1133 times

Kind of like the car in the upper left corner of this photo maybe, but without the yellowy tint
HTB1zMq0GXXXXXXnXFXXq6xXFXXXb.jpg

What I was originally thinking was a combination between the metallic green of this chance and a darker version of the metallic purple of this nox
ChanceSmaller.jpg
Purple Nox.jpg

I've also considered the upper part of this one shifting toward the metallic purple.
il_570xN_1076947975_fa71.jpg

What are your thoughts on the proposed color combinations? Also, should it shift from purple base to green tip or purple tip to green base?
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Jaxom1 wrote:What are your thoughts on the proposed color combinations?
What are your thoughts on the proposed color combinations? Also, should it shift from purple base to green tip or purple tip to green base?

Just thinking about color families, it would probably be better to have it be a three part fade of green -> blue -> purple. The blue is the common shade, so I think it would transition better without feeling muddy, since purple and green mixed make greenish-brown. Nox should probably be able to handle a triple fade because of it's signature color!

Green could be a pretty stunning tip, but so could purple. I guess it's up to your personal preference!
ImageImage
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:14 am

Could somebody please help me match these colors up to colors BD offers? Metallics are fine, preferred even, I just don't want to resort to hex codes.
► Show Spoiler
marshmarshmarsh

Postby marshmarshmarsh » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:22 am

vixenvega wrote:Could somebody please help me match these colors up to colors BD offers? Metallics are fine, preferred even, I just don't want to resort to hex codes.
► Show Spoiler

alexandrite pink or blossom pink at the tip, echo's signature base grey? hmm about the purple tho.
seeking: Jollies Jollie
selling: Bazel, Pyxis. PM if interested!
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:21 am

vixenvega wrote:Could somebody please help me match these colors up to colors BD offers? Metallics are fine, preferred even, I just don't want to resort to hex codes.
► Show Spoiler

I think those are the 2015 alexandrite colors, just in a split fade.
ImageImage
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:25 am

marshmarshmarsh wrote:
► Show Spoiler

alexandrite pink or blossom pink at the tip, echo's signature base grey? hmm about the purple tho.

You think grey? The base looks green to me.
I spent some time browsing the gallery and came up with this guy
► Show Spoiler

It's Alexandrite Pink tip faded to the shaft base color of Nox's Night Drake with Spritz's Signature tip as the base. Glitter the hell out of it, of course.

Jasmine wrote:I think those are the 2015 alexandrite colors, just in a split fade.

They're similar but a bit off. The tip might be, though without the pearl or metallic or whatever added to it.
► Show Spoiler
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:29 am

vixenvega wrote: :words:

I see what you mean, but yeah they're pretty close! I like the colors you chose.
ImageImage
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:43 am

Jasmine wrote:
vixenvega wrote: :words:

I see what you mean, but yeah they're pretty close! I like the colors you chose.

Thanks! I saved it to look at later, customs are so expensive I want to be sure.
Dragonfire

Postby Dragonfire » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:33 am

I'm doing some planning for a possible custom in Enchanted Apple and I would like the base to be a different color than the shaft. Not sure if they'd let me do it, but there's no harm in ticketing and asking, so I'm gonna try. The problem is I'm having a tough time deciding what color I want the base to be if it is possible. Can anyone suggest a good color that would go with an Enchanted Apple shaft?
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:21 am

Dragonfire wrote:I'm doing some planning for a possible custom in Enchanted Apple and I would like the base to be a different color than the shaft. Not sure if they'd let me do it, but there's no harm in ticketing and asking, so I'm gonna try. The problem is I'm having a tough time deciding what color I want the base to be if it is possible. Can anyone suggest a good color that would go with an Enchanted Apple shaft?

They're not going to let you do it, unfortunately. It'll make it a custom highlight and they don't offer them.
You could get the Enchanted Apple shaft color with a different color base, but it won't have the highlight.
Fens

Postby Fens » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:08 am

hi all! longtime lurker, first time poster here. :blush: it's my first time seriously considering asking for a custom color, so i was just wondering if anyone had a chance with a color scheme like the attatched for reference :nomnom:
Attachments
image.png
image.png (11.59 KiB) Viewed 1622 times

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”