/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
katze

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby katze » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Windwolvesfly wrote:I have a small Austin in soft and I really love him, he was my first BD toy and I would 100% recommend him to people who like smoother toys. If you're a fan of girth or texture I would pass on him, though, since the only above-averagely thick part of him is the knot and he is definitely a smooth toy. As far as knots go, there is a slight taper to his which makes it easy to take, and he ties well. All in all, I definitely think he's worth the price, and if smooth, knotted toys are your thing then I can't think of a reason not to pick him up.

Since getting Austin I've also bought a terra and a xar, and having multiple toys has not stopped Austin from getting plenty of love. Though YMMV, he's certainly a favorite of mine. :misc2:

I do prefer smoother toys, and I also like how Austin's design has some texture with the ribbing towards the top.

I wish he had some more girth. If I do get him, I'm probably going to get a medium so I can hilt it, otherwise I'd get the large.

Thanks!

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:26 pm

When considering color options, Bad Dragon's studio pics are so well-lit that sometimes it's hard to get an idea of what colors look like in ordinary conditions. I kind of wish that every new color announcement came with a few pics of the toys in non-studio settings (user-type pics, except shot by them).
NaughtyMewMew

Postby NaughtyMewMew » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:39 am

Grimly Fiendish wrote:When considering color options, Bad Dragon's studio pics are so well-lit that sometimes it's hard to get an idea of what colors look like in ordinary conditions. I kind of wish that every new color announcement came with a few pics of the toys in non-studio settings (user-type pics, except shot by them).

So very much this. During the Year in Review sale, I ordered a Dragon's Tongue in End of Days, because the color looks AMAZING in the promo pics. It doesn't look near so amazing in person. :(
Is finally the proud and pleasured owner of Zalkin, the adopted Anthro Dragon! v1
Order #8465
GreenLeopard87

Postby GreenLeopard87 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:52 am

Tried my large Ika today. Right now it's a 6/10... I didn't really feel much although the suckers were making the fabled noises that everyone enjoys so much. It was fun hearing it but wish I felt them a bit more. Also, the backside of the toy felt very bland. Wish there was some of the bumpiness on the back of the tentacle that is prevalent on the base. Maybe an XL would've been better for me... Also riding it was awkward. Going to try it a few more times to see if it works at a later time.

But the piece de resistance is really the large Tailstretcher. Holy shit. BD I get that you discontinued Moko and Luka cause they were too similar and the balls took up a lot of silicone. Yeah. There are "excuses" for those. But the Tailstretcher is perfect. Flawless. And with a suction cup, it is awesome!!! I've tried Winston and it's just not the same. Something about the shape of Tailstretcher is just better. I want a tailstretcher horde. Tails everywhere!!!

Honestly, #1 toy in my collection. Nothing comes close.
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:19 pm

GreenLeopard87 wrote:Tried my large Ika today. Right now it's a 6/10... I didn't really feel much although the suckers were making the fabled noises that everyone enjoys so much. It was fun hearing it but wish I felt them a bit more. Also, the backside of the toy felt very bland. Wish there was some of the bumpiness on the back of the tentacle that is prevalent on the base. Maybe an XL would've been better for me... Also riding it was awkward. Going to try it a few more times to see if it works at a later time.

But the piece de resistance is really the large Tailstretcher. Holy shit. BD I get that you discontinued Moko and Luka cause they were too similar and the balls took up a lot of silicone. Yeah. There are "excuses" for those. But the Tailstretcher is perfect. Flawless. And with a suction cup, it is awesome!!! I've tried Winston and it's just not the same. Something about the shape of Tailstretcher is just better. I want a tailstretcher horde. Tails everywhere!!!

That is pretty sad to hear the Ika didn't live up to expectations with you! I am sorry! I was hoping to get one in medium but its not really a NEED to have. Also, really happy to hear your Large Tailstretcher turned out so well and beautiful! The tailstretcher truly is perfect and mine will never leave the collection! I have all three sizes now (Thanks to you!~) but now I have to agree that I want one with a Suction cup on the large! I honestly wish they would've kept it but at least we can still get it somehow xP Btw, how much total was it for you to get that? It is something I hope to get in the distant future when I have the spare cash but I am hoping to save up for an apartment first but it would be nice to know about how much it would be! :widesmile:
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:33 pm

GreenLeopard87 wrote:Tried my large Ika today. Right now it's a 6/10... I didn't really feel much although the suckers were making the fabled noises that everyone enjoys so much. It was fun hearing it but wish I felt them a bit more. Also, the backside of the toy felt very bland. Wish there was some of the bumpiness on the back of the tentacle that is prevalent on the base. Maybe an XL would've been better for me... Also riding it was awkward. Going to try it a few more times to see if it works at a later time.

Tailstretcher has always been extremely popular and highly regarded in all my time here on the forums. Makes me feel like they retired him due to mold issues.
Meredi

Postby Meredi » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:06 pm

Super excited for my first toy, which SHOULD be arriving tomorrow!
Already looking for new ones, but I can't decide... too many options, so little money.
Bi-Curious | Female | 21 | Gamer | Marvel Fanatic | Freelance Artist | Toy Enthusiast
► Show Spoiler
GreenLeopard87

Postby GreenLeopard87 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:10 pm

stuck-on-the-knot1 wrote:That is pretty sad to hear the Ika didn't live up to expectations with you! I am sorry! I was hoping to get one in medium but its not really a NEED to have. Also, really happy to hear your Large Tailstretcher turned out so well and beautiful! The tailstretcher truly is perfect and mine will never leave the collection! I have all three sizes now (Thanks to you!~) but now I have to agree that I want one with a Suction cup on the large! I honestly wish they would've kept it but at least we can still get it somehow xP Btw, how much total was it for you to get that? It is something I hope to get in the distant future when I have the spare cash but I am hoping to save up for an apartment first but it would be nice to know about how much it would be! :widesmile:

I'm going to see if Ika redeems himself in future encounters. I usually give it a few tries before I make a verdict. I mean... It is pretty hard to live up to tailstretcher! Lol

I PMed you about pricing. I would suggest getting one with a suction cup. I did this weird circular grinding thing and omg that was amazing. If it wasn't firmly stuck, it would've just gone all over the place.

Vitani wrote:Tailstretcher has always been extremely popular and highly regarded in all my time here on the forums. Makes me feel like they retired him due to mold issues.

I also think it was because people complained about the size delta and the design. The difference between medium and large is huge. Winston large bridged that gap. I actually don't like the little bit of legs on Winston. It makes me feel like it's a small dragon. Whereas with Tailstretcher, I can imagine it's just the tip of a huge dragon! :smile:

Also the older models had a noticeable amount of printer texture. Tailstretcher is definitely one of them. But the printer texture goes vertically, along with his shape, so it's not as bad as some of the other ones were. I'm sad he's gone but there were too many "little things" in addition to probably older/not as good molds as they're making now. Tailstretcher was one of the original BD toys and I'm sure their process has improved drastically. Just wish they didn't scrap something that was so damn good. :sniffing:

I will probably buy another tail if they do a legacy drop. Especially a medium with a SC. Or any pretty looking ones lol. Tails for days!
Vitani

Postby Vitani » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:19 pm

GreenLeopard87 wrote:
I also think it was because people complained about the size delta and the design. The difference between medium and large is huge. Winston large bridged that gap. I actually don't like the little bit of legs on Winston. It makes me feel like it's a small dragon. Whereas with Tailstretcher, I can imagine it's just the tip of a huge dragon! :smile:

Also the older models had a noticeable amount of printer texture. Tailstretcher is definitely one of them. But the printer texture goes vertically, along with his shape, so it's not as bad as some of the other ones were. I'm sad he's gone but there were too many "little things" in addition to probably older/not as good molds as they're making now. Tailstretcher was one of the original BD toys and I'm sure their process has improved drastically. Just wish they didn't scrap something that was so damn good. :sniffing:

I will probably buy another tail if they do a legacy drop. Especially a medium with a SC. Or any pretty looking ones lol. Tails for days!

Ah, very true. Tailstretcher definately looks a LOT more rough around the edges compared to their newest models. I can understand a new customer seeing it and being like '???'
Good point about the legs thing too....maybe in the future, BD will redesign the tailstretcher so that it has the same overall shape and dimensions, but just look a lot more refined ;)

And I hear you on the model hoarding. I used to think it was weird, people who would collect a number of the same toy...until Elden. I'm now on the fence about selling my large/firm, even though I have a large/medium on the way. If I don't get an offer on him, I'll probably end up keeping. I'll also need another medium Elden in the future in case anything happens to the one I have...
katze

Postby katze » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:34 pm

Meredi wrote:Super excited for my first toy, which SHOULD be arriving tomorrow!
Already looking for new ones, but I can't decide... too many options, so little money.

Welcome to dragon dick hell lmao.

What did you get?

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Vitani wrote:
GreenLeopard87 wrote:

Ah, very true. Tailstretcher definately looks a LOT more rough around the edges compared to their newest models. I can understand a new customer seeing it and being like '???'
Good point about the legs thing too....maybe in the future, BD will redesign the tailstretcher so that it has the same overall shape and dimensions, but just look a lot more refined ;)

And I hear you on the model hoarding. I used to think it was weird, people who would collect a number of the same toy...until Elden. I'm now on the fence about selling my large/firm, even though I have a large/medium on the way. If I don't get an offer on him, I'll probably end up keeping. I'll also need another medium Elden in the future in case anything happens to the one I have...

I'm like that with Elden too, and with the Snow Leopard (two of those in the same firmness all because I couldn't resist the marbling of the second one, lol). Snow Leopard is one I'd get in every size if they were to ever do a full release of it. I never thought I'd get more than one size/firmness of various models, but that's not the case now, lol (2 Hannses, 2 Pretzals, 3 Sleipnirs (a mini and two smalls (3 and 5)), 2 Eldens, 2 Snow Leopards, 2 Crashes, and I'm tempted to get a second Apollo).
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Meredi

Postby Meredi » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:34 pm

katze wrote:

What did you get?

I went for a (small 5) Crackers and also waiting on a flint that my partner bought as a gift, but seems like those take a while to get made.

Also thanks QQ... I know where all my spare money will go now.
Bi-Curious | Female | 21 | Gamer | Marvel Fanatic | Freelance Artist | Toy Enthusiast
► Show Spoiler
Idra

Postby Idra » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:41 pm

Niah wrote:
Vitani wrote:And I hear you on the model hoarding. I used to think it was weird, people who would collect a number of the same toy...until Elden. I'm now on the fence about selling my large/firm, even though I have a large/medium on the way. If I don't get an offer on him, I'll probably end up keeping. I'll also need another medium Elden in the future in case anything happens to the one I have...

I'm like that with Elden too, and with the Snow Leopard (two of those in the same firmness all because I couldn't resist the marbling of the second one, lol). Snow Leopard is one I'd get in every size if they were to ever do a full release of it. I never thought I'd get more than one size/firmness of various models, but that's not the case now, lol (2 Hannses, 2 Pretzals, 3 Sleipnirs (a mini and two smalls (3 and 5)), 2 Eldens, 2 Snow Leopards, 2 Crashes, and I'm tempted to get a second Apollo).

I always got why people had different sizes of the same model, but I didn't get the "same size, different firmness" thing until I got my M/3 and M/5 Xar. And now I know xD I also didn't get just how different two sizes of the same model could be until Crackers.

But yeah, now I have 2 Claytons (S/M), 3 Xars (S/M/M), 2 Kelvins (S/M), 2 Crackers (S/M), I had two tongues until I sold my medium one, and I really am tempted to get a second Ika (large this time).
// idra // lesbian //
-----------------------
Owned: See Profile
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Idra wrote:
Niah wrote:
Vitani wrote:And I hear you on the model hoarding. I used to think it was weird, people who would collect a number of the same toy...until Elden. I'm now on the fence about selling my large/firm, even though I have a large/medium on the way. If I don't get an offer on him, I'll probably end up keeping. I'll also need another medium Elden in the future in case anything happens to the one I have...

I always got why people had different sizes of the same model, but I didn't get the "same size, different firmness" thing until I got my M/3 and M/5 Xar. And now I know xD I also didn't get just how different two sizes of the same model could be until Crackers.

But yeah, now I have 2 Claytons (S/M), 3 Xars (S/M/M), 2 Kelvins (S/M), 2 Crackers (S/M), I had two tongues until I sold my medium one, and I really am tempted to get a second Ika (large this time).

I'm right there with all of you! I've got it in my head, now, to start collecting Chances and Eldens.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:12 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Idra wrote:
Niah wrote:I'm like that with Elden too, and with the Snow Leopard (two of those in the same firmness all because I couldn't resist the marbling of the second one, lol). Snow Leopard is one I'd get in every size if they were to ever do a full release of it. I never thought I'd get more than one size/firmness of various models, but that's not the case now, lol (2 Hannses, 2 Pretzals, 3 Sleipnirs (a mini and two smalls (3 and 5)), 2 Eldens, 2 Snow Leopards, 2 Crashes, and I'm tempted to get a second Apollo).

I'm right there with all of you! I've got it in my head, now, to start collecting Chances and Eldens.

I got my 3rd Sleipnir after seeing and feeling how much trouble I was having with my small/5; I knew I could handle a small/3, so I added that one. I like Hanns' design actually, so I grabbed a medium (onesize now) just in case they were to pull him from the site. Sleipnir is one I'm tempted to grab in all his sizes, or at least grab an XL for a trophy. I bought my small Clayton after having the same trouble with my medium one as I had with the small/5 Sleipnir (they're close to the same size, actually). I'm fairly sure I want a medium/3 Apollo in Jupiter's Axis unless they release a dessert color that I can't resist. I'm also contemplating a medium/5 Spritz in Mars Ascending or possibly Diamond (something lighter I think would look best with him; maybe a fade. I like his Oceanic Rift color a lot actually, but a fair number of my toys have green in them.). I grabbed the large Elden for fear of them pulling him off the site too since I don't think he's quite as popular as many other toys (he arrives tomorrow and I'm so excited!).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:16 pm

Niah wrote:
I got my 3rd Sleipnir after seeing and feeling how much trouble I was having with my small/5; I knew I could handle a small/3, so I added that one. I like Hanns' design actually, so I grabbed a medium (onesize now) just in case they were to pull him from the site. Sleipnir is one I'm tempted to grab in all his sizes, or at least grab an XL for a trophy. I bought my small Clayton after having the same trouble with my medium one as I had with the small/5 Sleipnir (they're close to the same size, actually). I'm fairly sure I want a medium/3 Apollo in Jupiter's Axis unless they release a dessert color that I can't resist. I'm also contemplating a medium/5 Spritz in Mars Ascending or possibly Diamond (something lighter I think would look best with him; maybe a fade. I like his Oceanic Rift color a lot actually, but a fair number of my toys have green in them.). I grabbed the large Elden for fear of them pulling him off the site too since I don't think he's quite as popular as many other toys (he arrives tomorrow and I'm so excited!).

Yeah, for the longest time, I was worried about them discontinuing Elden. I want to get another medium (mine is in soft and really hard to use because of the floppiness) and I've been contemplating a small, for anal play. Hope you enjoy your large! I love mine even though the knot isn't possible for me to take. Then again...I love that with knotted toys: Having a knot too huge to take and just bouncing on it until I'm sore. Fun times!
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Niah wrote:

Yeah, for the longest time, I was worried about them discontinuing Elden. I want to get another medium (mine is in soft and really hard to use because of the floppiness) and I've been contemplating a small, for anal play. Hope you enjoy your large! I love mine even though the knot isn't possible for me to take. Then again...I love that with knotted toys: Having a knot too huge to take and just bouncing on it until I'm sore. Fun times!

I love my medium/5 Elden; his knot feels pretty amazing. Because the shaft is so thin above it though I can't really feel at that much of it unless he hits the right spots inside. Yeah, that knot on the large is completely impossible for me. Anything much over 7 to 7.5 inches is pretty much a no-go for me. I'm working on the knot of my medium Terra (the shape is a little weird for me though). Even though I'm not too certain I could use all of a medium Apollo, I'd really like one in Jupiter's Axis (the one in the promo pic looks so good in it) in 3 firmness; being that soft I might be able to manage it. That said, I'm totally with you about just bouncing or grinding down on knots that are way too large to take. :smile: I do that with my medium Terra. I can, however, take most of my medium Trent if I'm really relaxed and into it and he gets to 8.5 inches near the base. I'm hoping maybe he'll get me stretched enough to knot my Terra. Spritz interests me more now, but the small is too small for my liking and the medium is just at my limit of what I can take right now. I might can manage it though, and in 5 too; I think 3 would be too soft for me.

Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:30 pm

Niah wrote:
I love my medium/5 Elden; his knot feels pretty amazing. Because the shaft is so thin above it though I can't really feel at that much of it unless he hits the right spots inside. Yeah, that knot on the large is completely impossible for me. Anything much over 7 to 7.5 inches is pretty much a no-go for me. I'm working on the knot of my medium Terra (the shape is a little weird for me though). Even though I'm not too certain I could use all of a medium Apollo, I'd really like one in Jupiter's Axis (the one in the promo pic looks so good in it) in 3 firmness; being that soft I might be able to manage it. That said, I'm totally with you about just bouncing or grinding down on knots that are way too large to take. :smile: I do that with my medium Terra. I can, however, take most of my medium Trent if I'm really relaxed and into it and he gets to 8.5 inches near the base. I'm hoping maybe he'll get me stretched enough to knot my Terra. Spritz interests me more now, but the small is too small for my liking and the medium is just at my limit of what I can take right now. I might can manage it though, and in 5 too; I think 3 would be too soft for me.

My medium Elden is nice but unwieldy. I think a medium firmness would be great for him, though a part of me thinks firm might be better overall. I rarely get firm on toys, but it really works on some of them. I have a small Bumble in firm that feels perfect!

I tell you, though, I am tempted to get another large Elden, purely because of that gorgeous champagne cake colour. As soon as I saw that colour, I felt a small twinge of regret even though I love my Elden in Saturn. Jupiter's Axis gave me that same, little regretful twinge. They would both look stunning on Elden. Might have to get one of them on a medium or small, at some point.

Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:47 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Niah wrote:

My medium Elden is nice but unwieldy. I think a medium firmness would be great for him, though a part of me thinks firm might be better overall. I rarely get firm on toys, but it really works on some of them. I have a small Bumble in firm that feels perfect!

I tell you, though, I am tempted to get another large Elden, purely because of that gorgeous champagne cake colour. As soon as I saw that colour, I felt a small twinge of regret even though I love my Elden in Saturn. Jupiter's Axis gave me that same, little regretful twinge. They would both look stunning on Elden. Might have to get one of them on a medium or small, at some point.

Firm might work fine for you in that case. He's still a bit wobbly in 5, but I know that with the size of his knot and its shape I 8 is out of the question for me for him. The knot in 5 is utterly delightful though.

I was originally going to try to wait until the next year in review sale, but I have a feeling I'm going to get impatient before then, lol. I'd like to see what all the dessert colors are going to be, but I don't know that I have the patience to hold out for another year before getting another Apollo and Spritz. I'm going to hold off for a bit though since it hasn't even been a month since I ordered the large Elden. I'm pretty set on Apollo in Jupiter's Axis. If I see a dessert color that I like on Spritz, I might just jump at ordering both at the same time. In Spritz's Show Me thread I've been more attracted to the pics of him in lighter marbles rather than darker ones for some reason. ...I just had the thought for a custom for Spritz kind of inspired by a few marbles I've seen around and the first one in his Show Me thread: Diamond marbled with some sort of pale gold color. Except that it'd be easier to tell them a specific gold color from a specific color we've had, but there haven't been any golds or bronzes in the shade I'd prefer. Oh well. I'll just wait to see if I see a dessert color I really like (Mars Ascending wouldn't be bad at all, but I think I'd like him best in overall lighter colors for some reason).

karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:54 am

katze wrote:

What did you get?

Hell?? Lol!

Either way, down the rabbit hole for OP, ecause it's never just the one. Soon your first toy will need a friend, then 3 is a collection. Once you have a collection then it's oh screw it.

Return to “General Discussion”