New Website discussion Thread

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
dasadevil
Moon Moon

Re: New Website discussion Thread

Postby dasadevil » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:48 pm

yuzupo wrote:Not putting a forum link, but redoing rules here just seems like a "Fuck you guys lol but also Shut Up you're so annoying anyway" kinda move.

The rules haven't changed much other than some small corrections to staff and language bring them into modern times and to update the way we feel about signatures. I personally wanted to also increase visibility of them, which is why I put a link to the top, because it wasn't readily accessible otherwise.* Please do not spread rumormills like this, it does not help and only adds to the salt.
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:50 pm

dasadevil wrote:
yuzupo wrote:Not putting a forum link, but redoing rules here just seems like a "Fuck you guys lol but also Shut Up you're so annoying anyway" kinda move.

The rules haven't changed much other than some small corrections to staff and language bring them into modern times and to update the way we feel about signatures. I personally wanted to also increase visibility of them, which is why I put a link to the top, because it wasn't readily accessible otherwise.* Please do not spread rumormills like this, it does not help and only adds to the salt.

So are you linking the forums back onto the site or....? :psyduck:
Coxi
Gender: NB? I don't think about my gender very often, I lack a pronoun preference.

Postby Coxi » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:55 pm

The new site, well it's not subtle haha. I think I should have not waited for the new site to order after finding out they added on to the regular prices. I will just get a small instead of a medium for my first wolf man, it is probably safer to start with smalls for knots, right?
Last edited by Coxi on Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:02 pm

DIEGO!!!!!! He has character art, and a story and OMG I LOVE IT!!!!!!

And not only is it a canine toy with balls, but the balls are asymmetrical!!!! Like real balls!!! I love this so fucking much BD!!!
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Kith

Postby Kith » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Bleh... I thought they'd fixed the login stuff. It's telling me my email needs verification, and then when I try to get it to send me the email to verify, nothing.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Kith wrote:Bleh... I thought they'd fixed the login stuff. It's telling me my email needs verification, and then when I try to get it to send me the email to verify, nothing.

Ticket them about it, they'll fix it for you!
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Kith

Postby Kith » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Akanisen wrote:Ticket them about it, they'll fix it for you!

I know, it's just irritating since I was waiting for the issues to get fixed before logging in, and I got one anyway. >..<

Edit: Oops. Forgot to say that I was indeed sending one. Will just have to wait until Monday to get it resolved, but that's fine. Everybody needs days off.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Eleka wrote:
Oddoneout wrote:However...the lack of a link to the forum is worrying.

stormrunner wrote:The lack of a link to the forums greatly concerns me.

Nyri wrote:Sad to see that there's still no link to the forums... I hope they're not planning on letting them quietly fizzle out.

Errr... apologies if this has already been mentioned, but has anyone else noticed that there is indeed a link to the forum... just not this forum. There's a link to Bad Dragon Reddit at the bottom right hand side of the page, along with a link to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and YouTube. Reddit counts as a forum, right?

Perhaps BD are hoping that everyone will just move over to Reddit, as it would seem a bit of an oversight to include a link there but not to their own forums.
:bugeyed:

Ugh, I hope it doesn't move over to reddit. It's so much easier to find things here on this forums vs. on reddit. Especially if you're looking for something specific like reviews or, maybe you don't want to start up a whole new thread to ask a question. I like reddit, but only things that are posted will probably die in a few days. Dunno, but I definitely don't want to be forced to go to reddit.
yuzupo

Postby yuzupo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:51 pm

dasadevil wrote:

* Please do not spread rumormills like this, it does not help and only adds to the salt.

It's not rumourmilling, I just want the simple truth of WHY so we can ALL stop asking about a simple link on a website. Entire pages of this thread are festering about 'uuuu where is the forum link eaaaaauuaua :crying: ' with nothing but :mystery: to show for it.

► Show Spoiler
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:55 pm

yuzupo wrote:
dasadevil wrote:

* Please do not spread rumormills like this, it does not help and only adds to the salt.

It's not rumourmilling, I just want the simple truth of WHY so we can ALL stop asking about a simple link on a website. Entire pages of this thread are festering about 'uuuu where is the forum link eaaaaauuaua :crying: ' with nothing but :mystery: to show for it.

► Show Spoiler

EXACTLY! Looks like they haven't even bothered about our questions about it :unamused:
yuzupo

Postby yuzupo » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:02 pm

Slaanesh wrote:
yuzupo wrote:
dasadevil wrote:

I just want us all to not have to talk about this ever again and spend time bickering over which model is funniest in 3D spin mode instead
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:22 am

has the rules always been so strict about being incoherent? a good deal of time people make it out that, i type pure gibberish
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Fredde

Postby Fredde » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:48 pm

I like the new design a lot, and the "credit card for scale" feature is really helpful, along with the 3D coloring thing :smile:

About there not being a link to the forums... If I am to be uncomfortably honest, I can kinda sorta see why there isn't one.
Buuut, as long as it's still here I'm fine.
"The absence of light
Breeds and altered reality
Faithful and familiar" - from Zero Gravity by Wolfheart
Anaphora

Postby Anaphora » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Fredde wrote:I like the new design a lot, and the "credit card for scale" feature is really helpful, along with the 3D coloring thing :smile:

About there not being a link to the forums... If I am to be uncomfortably honest, I can kinda sorta see why there isn't one.
Buuut, as long as it's still here I'm fine.

I think a lot of it might have to do with BD trying to downplay furry aspects of their site and many forum members identifying as furries. I don't agree with it at all, but that's my suspicion about why they're leaving the link out. The reddit is more like "look at this awesome toy I shoved in my vagina/ass/whatever!" and leaves the furry aspect out for the most part.

Or, on a more optimistic note, maybe they are going to rework the forums and make them better somehow before linking them. I guess only time will tell. :mystery:
Last edited by Anaphora on Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HornyUnicorn

Postby HornyUnicorn » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:04 pm

Akanisen wrote:
Kith wrote:Bleh... I thought they'd fixed the login stuff. It's telling me my email needs verification, and then when I try to get it to send me the email to verify, nothing.

I'm having the exact same problem too, kind of makes it hard for me to buy stuff from Bad Dragon. Seems like an odd glitch for old customers to have to verify their email again...but anyways, I sent a ticket. Hopefully it gets resolved that way sometime next week. Looks like I won't be doing any impulse purchases over the weekend!

The new website looks nice, buy you know what would be even nicer? Actually being able to buy stuff from it!

I'm not too torn about the loss of custom hex colors, because when I ordered custom toys, I always would ask for specific colors they had already produced just to keep things simpler (example: I want a green and sparkly black toy, please make it in Halloween Black and Neon Green). The custom hex codes must have been a nightmare for customer service, because the color of the hex code on screen might look very different on cured, poured silicone.

The new "actual size credit card comparison tool" is actually pretty neat (in a way that made my vagina recoil in horror at some of the sizes of the toys, gone are the days when I suddenly get a toy in the mail and realize, my eyes were bigger than my hoohah).

Also, I'm not seeing any of the furry art on the store pages anywhere...maybe i need to be logged in for that? (Was this done not to squick out a new, casual viewer of BD?).
Putting weird objects in her vagina for science!

Owns: alot of toys.

I bought a wiener as big as my arm from Bad Dragon!
QueenCheetah93

Postby QueenCheetah93 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:11 pm

HornyUnicorn wrote:
Akanisen wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem too, kind of makes it hard for me to buy stuff from Bad Dragon. Seems like an odd glitch for old customers to have to verify their email again...but anyways, I sent a ticket. Hopefully it gets resolved that way sometime next week. Looks like I won't be doing any impulse purchases over the weekend!

The new website looks nice, buy you know what would be even nicer? Actually being able to buy stuff from it!

I'm not too torn about the loss of custom hex colors, because when I ordered custom toys, I always would ask for specific colors they had already produced just to keep things simpler (example: I want a green and sparkly black toy, please make it in Halloween Black and Neon Green). The custom hex codes must have been a nightmare for customer service, because the color of the hex code on screen might look very different on cured, poured silicone.

The new "actual size credit card comparison tool" is actually pretty neat (in a way that made my vagina recoil in horror at some of the sizes of the toys, gone are the days when I suddenly get a toy in the mail and realize, my eyes were bigger than my hoohah).

Also, I'm not seeing any of the furry art on the store pages anywhere...maybe i need to be logged in for that? (Was this done not to squick out a new, casual viewer of BD?).

Yeah I'll hop on the "can't log in train" too. Sent em a ticket.

But yeah all of the furry content is only available to logged in members.
My Current Collection!
► Show Spoiler

Twin Tail Creations/Damn Average
-Dante the Anubite
-Krampuskitzler
Ziarre

Postby Ziarre » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:06 am

QueenCheetah93 wrote:But yeah all of the furry content is only available to logged in members.

I'm oddly relieved to hear it's still there! I couldn't see anything and was sad thinking they'd pared that away...which doesn't really make sense when most of these are various beasties. And sometimes the art adds, uh, context. I wouldn't have pegged Echo as a tauntaun without it I think.
Watervixen

Postby Watervixen » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:56 am

Kith wrote: :words:

HornyUnicorn wrote: :words:

QueenCheetah93 wrote: :words:

Have you guys try to log in? If so does the page look like this?
2017-08-27 13.51.16.png
:smilenox: You can never have too many Bad Dragon! :widesmile:
72 toys
Top favs atm out of 54 types :excited:
► Show Spoiler
Kith

Postby Kith » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:07 pm

Watervixen wrote:Have you guys try to log in?

If you mean since I had the original problem, no. There won't be a response to my ticket until Monday at the earliest, so there's no point in doing so until either the system spits out my verification email or CS gets back to me.

However, because it's a data point, I'll go try... Nope. Still wants verification that I don't have yet, still can't log in at all. Since I'm on my desktop and not mobile, my screen just has the login information box in the center of the gray background.

Watervixen

Postby Watervixen » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Kith wrote:
Watervixen wrote:Have you guys try to log in?

If you mean since I had the original problem, no. There won't be a response to my ticket until Monday at the earliest, so there's no point in doing so until either the system spits out my verification email or CS gets back to me.

However, because it's a data point, I'll go try... Nope. Still wants verification that I don't have yet, still can't log in at all. Since I'm on my desktop and not mobile, my screen just has the login information box in the center of the gray background.

I see I was hoping it was like what happened to me. when it was asking for my email on the nesletter I thought it wanted an email verification. :sniffing:
Sorry to hear about your problem and hope they fix it asap for you and the others.
:smilenox: You can never have too many Bad Dragon! :widesmile:
72 toys
Top favs atm out of 54 types :excited:
► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”