What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Niah

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Niah » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:36 am

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:
Niah wrote:I'm feeling better about things than I was last night. I'm getting more nervous because I should hear back from the university I applied to at some point this week most likely. I have no idea what to expect with it. I'm trying to optimistic, but I also don't want to assume anything. I have decided that should I be admitted, I'll be quitting work as soon as possible with Nov 4th my last day. I'll need as much time as I can get since orientation is Jan 4-5 and classes begin Jan 10. During the lead up to all that I'll have to find an apartment and move, I'll have to have a neurologist appointment sometime before the 4th if possible or else get them to refer me to one in the area of the university, and I'll also be studying math so I can take a math placement test and I'd love to test out of pre-calc material if at all possible. I'm semi-fucked right now since I've slacked off with my studying because I don't have any concrete motivation and making up false deadlines doesn't work for my brain.

Both kittens seem fine today and I haven't found any diarrhea from either one, so that's a big plus for now. Soubi is still very unsure of them. He seems fine most of the time with them, but he's still keeping his distance. He will hiss at them and occasionally swat if they get too close, but it's not too bad really. They've been out of their room since around 9 or so. It'll be a long while before I'm comfortable letting them be unsupervised.

I ramble on a bit about electronics, so I'm putting it under a spoiler.

► Show Spoiler

Good luck with the admissions! :3 Hope that all works out for you. It's a lot of work but should be worth it. Also, if you need help studying math, like I dunno if having someone to work through it with might be of benefit and a potential source of motivation/accountability, but I'd be willing to help if you wanted.

But what's that about iPhone 4 being ancient technology D: I remember the first waves of smartphones that totally flopped before the iPhone was even a twinkle in Steve Job's eye lol. And the PDAs that were the rage in the 90s. I always wanted one...

Also you should try ArchLinux ;3 I used it on a project so I could get the latest updated software packages without always needing to compile them myself. I mean stuff gets updated all day long every day. It made me a believer. Granted it would having a learning curve compared to Debian-based distros but the more different ones you use, the more flexible your skills become. But thankfully you didn't go the way of Gentoo... I'm sure it has progressed in the past 10 years but my goodness was it a PITA last time I used it (2005-ish).

I'm still planning to replace my desktop OS with Linux and only run a Windows VM on demand. I think I'll buy a bigger SSD and that's when I'll make the switch.

Thanks! I'm expecting to hear this week. The lady I've been in contact with said to email her if I haven't heard anything by Nov 1. I might hit you up for math help if I run into trouble. I'm doing decently with Khan Academy. I've just slacked off on my reviewing. I also need to get to know my graphing calculator. Admittedly, I'm also greatly distracted by two 11-week old kittens, so that's part of my defense for slacking off.

Fair point about smartphones, lol. I should have said one of the first that wasn't complete crap. :widesmile: Not that I ever had a smartphone till 2010 and it was a Motorola Droid that had a slide out physical keyboard. Compared to BlackBerry, that keyboard was complete shit. I love BlackBerry keyboards. I love my Samsung Galaxy 8+, but the touchscreen keyboard is giving me issues still and I've had it well over a month. I hit wrong keys with everything I text or type on it. It's about 50/50 what gets corrected and what I have to go back and fix myself. It likes capitalizing random words; mostly nouns which makes me think of German. It'll also put a space after an apostrophe, and it doesn't like the ending quotation mark when I use quotes. I could turn off autocorrect, but then I'll forever be fixing the spelling mistakes myself.

I'm still thinking on distros. Arch does appeal to me since I won't have to do the compiling myself. The issue though is needing to update it frequently. I won't always be using that laptop, and if I get into school again who knows when I'll have the time to mess about on it. From what I read last night Gentoo has greatly improved from years back, but the main thing is the time needed to install it because of compiling, and the same for updates. With Arch, the time is far less and you do still get to mostly pick and choose what packages you want.

I do so much gaming and all, and Windows 10 is finally properly stable on my desktop, so I'll keep it as my primary OS still. If I get to go back to school, I know I'll need a new laptop, because 1) it's required, and 2) I need something with an i7 CPU so it can handle the various programs needed for engineering and math and physics. I'm sure I could use my desktop for some of my work, but I'd like to keep it for non-school stuff only; and the laptop will be school-only stuff. Then I have my grandma's old laptop that I'll use for screwing around with Linux distros. I'll probably pick Debian or Arch to start out with and then just repartition for other distros. I won't bother keeping Windows on it since she did an in-place upgrade and I also would just like to wipe everything off of it the easy way. I also have my mom's old laptop. I'd put either Ubuntu or Mint on it years back, but then she damn near bricked it by spilling coffee on it. She used the opportunity to get herself a Macbook Air and fortunately it's been treated much better. I've already yanked the SSD out of it. I know it still works; it's only 128Gb (I think), but I might find some use for it. I have my two old laptops. One from many years ago; it's got a very out of date Ubuntu on it and the RAM is dying. My other one hasn't been powered on in 2 years now. Theoretically it should work after I plug it in and let it charge, but toward the end it had a bit of an overheating issue. Still, it should be fine, but I haven't got up the courage to turn it on to see, lol. I should wipe it though; or at least deauthorize and uninstall iTunes from it.

Edit: For the sake of time and somewhat familiarity, I opted to put Debian on the laptop for now. I can repartition it and add Arch to the laptop at a later date. So far, so good with the install though, so at least I burned the .iso correctly, lol.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Shadow_Twisted

Postby Shadow_Twisted » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:16 pm

I tend to feel like my mind is my own worst enemy. I often find myself thinking about and analyzing things to a point where I create problems out of nothing. I remember this used to be a place where I felt comfortable, until that got violated, but I don’t want to let someone else have the power to take my sanctuary from me, I don’t even know if she still checks for me. Anyways, I just feel like I want to get back into being here and feeling connected and able to get my head straight.
Things are looking up.
AkaiKitsune

Postby AkaiKitsune » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:56 pm

Been playing around with this cute little chibi generator for the past 15 minutes.
Did myself how I currently look: :widesmile:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:56 pm

Bored, restless; it seems to be what my life revolves around anymore, well, that and depression.

Other than taking a minute to write this post, I'm sitting here and doing absolutely nothing. It's all I ever seem to do. I'm bored af all the time, sit inside almost all the time. There is nothing to do and nowhere to go unless I fancy taking a two-hour drive to the closest town. It's almost always raining; when the weather is nice, the area seems to be swarming with wasps so taking a walk is almost hazardous. Besides, where the fuck would I go? You can lap this dinky little town in ten minutes.

Being pent up inside 24/7, sometimes for weeks at a time has made me super restless and super cranky. I know, I could do some things inside like draw, or practice one of my many instruments, write, even play some games I bought on Steam during the past Summer Sale, even make some fursuit bits (was experimenting) but I have 0 motivation or "want to" for anything.

Fuck; I'm about to go shower *just* to have something to do for five minutes. I'd toy in the shower but it's impossible for me and our shower cubicle is extremely small. Can barely get one person in here as it is.

Thinking about (again) saying my size limit on toys is 9.25", for comfort sake. The more I think about it, the more I think I don't really want to size up *that* badly. Over 9" is still damn impressive, really. If other people can take 14" + circumference, good for them; I no longer think its for me and besides, XL toys are fucking expensive and I can't wildly toss money at dildos anymore and haven't been able to for a year and a half. When I buy a toy, now, it HAS to work. It is very likely that I'm back to buying maybe 2 - 4 toys a year, if that many, and probably only during sales and when the exchange rate is decent. So on that note, may spend a while going through and reorganizing my wish list.

The next electric bill is due to hit in another week; I'll be shocked if it's under 900. I wish the weather were stable enough to where we wouldn't have to use the heater so much and where we could dry the clothes outside rather than being forced to use the dryer or inside clothesline beneath the heater JUST to dry clothes.

I wish I could see my best friend but we're 17,000 miles apart and neither of us has 3K handy for airfare. With my health; sometimes I worry we'll never get to see each other before something happens to me and that depresses me more than I already am.

This whole spiel should have gone in the irritated thread. Oh well. :unamused:
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:37 pm

Gonna get an eye exam to get new glasses. And on the same day I'm gonna get my ear lobe piercings checked out (long story why) and hopefully get a helix piercing on my left ear same day :widesmile:

Aaaaaand gonna get a raise tomorrow (one manager told me the other manager was gonna talk to me about it tomorrow XDDD ). If I'm lucky I can talk her up to $8.50 and I'll stay working there, but worst case scenario I get $8 and I'll be getting a new job soon.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:55 am

I'm going to be getting my lobe's pierced soon and I'm simultaneously excited to get something to go along with being more out of the closet and terrified that it'll be too much and I'll get made at work or something.
So I've started writing for the internet! Check it out: https://aconversations.wordpress.com/
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:01 pm

I was watching my lovey play video games and I noticed I left a few marks on his neck from last night.
We interacted with a lot of people today. I hope no one noticed. :doh:
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:51 pm

Finally submitted my final paper for my class that I have been bitching about. It's definitely not my best work, and that bothers me. Normally, I'm very passionate about my schoolwork. This class, I had zero fucks to give. I really hope this isn't a spiral that will continue with my upcoming classes. Hmmm...

Now, as I wait for the inevitable mediocre grade, at least I've got a giant Halloween bash at my place tomorrow night. Should help me take my mind off things.
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Curiosa wrote:I was watching my lovey play video games and I noticed I left a few marks on his neck from last night.

Oh man. There was one time that happened and my mother-in-law noticed and thought she had gotten attacked or something. :laugh:

Then the mom's mother had to explain it to her and that got REALLY awkward. So now we don't do that when we know we're having company. She bruises a little easily, apparently.
So I've started writing for the internet! Check it out: https://aconversations.wordpress.com/
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:57 pm

ChaosRed wrote:
Curiosa wrote:I was watching my lovey play video games and I noticed I left a few marks on his neck from last night.

Oh man. There was one time that happened and my mother-in-law noticed and thought she had gotten attacked or something. :laugh:

Then the mom's mother had to explain it to her and that got REALLY awkward. So now we don't do that when we know we're having company. She bruises a little easily, apparently.

Oh man a few years back my neck was bruised as fuck from love bites and choke marks and I had my jujitsu purple belt grading holy shit :bugeyed: Since my hair is shoulder length and my gi is flat against the collar there was nothing to cover the neck the whole time and I managed to pass the choke marks off as accidents from sparring, but as for the love bites they were rough purple ones so there was no way I could cover them! My mum bloody well nearly left me there and I got bollocked when I got home. Oops :surprised:
ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:14 pm

Slaanesh wrote: :words:

It's the same partner I was getting married to, so I imagine that was fine. But if it'd been when I was younger, my mom would have let me go on, waited till I was alone with her and THEN went into it. Probably the whole ride home, too.

Doesn't beat the time that she found a piercing that she thought was for a tongue, but I was able to prove I didn't have a piercing there.
(Hint:It was NOT for a tongue :smile: )
Shadow_Twisted

Postby Shadow_Twisted » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:23 am

Things had been rather interesting. On Friday I was able to get in touch with the delivery manager at Lowes to get the shed fiasco sorted once and for all. Spent what daylight I had left on Friday and a good chunk of Saturday getting the shingles on the shed we built. Due to rain in the area yesterday, work on the new shed got postponed and with high winds today, probably won't get started any time soon. I'll be able to focus on homework today and take it easy.

I've been debating on and off about whether or not I should pick up a part-time job, but seeing as how little free time I have as it is, I think I may have to forego anything at the moment. However, with new skills from school will come other income opportunities, essentially creating stuff for some games with marketplaces, like SL or IMVU, and maybe even assets for the Unity store if I get good enough. Might generate enough passive income to keep my mind at ease, which would be good.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that I got through with one of the more anxiety-inducing tasks I had on my to-do list. I got myself a gaming laptop to use for school and an extra hard-drive, but mine didn't come with the mounting kit for the second hard drive. After contacting the company they sent out the kit free of charge, but then I did the install myself. I am more tech-inclined, but let's face it, there's always the fear of turning your computer into a brick when you get to playing with the insides. Operation was successful, though I almost feared it failed until I remembered that I needed to create a new partition and format it before I could use it. At least some of what I learned from my first degree still comes in handy.
Things are looking up.
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:08 pm

Okay, slightly less stressed af now. Thanks to my sister, we've found 2 places that could work. I'm going to call them both tomorrow to ask some questions about availability since that isn't listed on the site (apartmentfinder has turned out to work the best of the various sites we looked at). Rent is very reasonable for a 1 bed and 1 bath apartment even when adding in the monthly pet fee for my cat.

As much as I hate even the idea of living on campus, if I need to do that I can. However, I'm 29 and many campuses put a cap on the age of on-campus residents. My undergrad college put it at 22 or 23. I'd go in as an upperclassman thanks to 110 transfer credits, lmao, so that's not an issue and I can get an apartment that would be two bedroom, but I'd have my own room (so 2 people per apartment). I'll save that as a last resort, really. I'd rather live off-campus and have my cat with me. That said, if I need to live off-campus and not have my cat I can do that as well. Even with the cat fee added in, I'd spend less off campus than in that on-campus apartment. I'll see what the two places tell me tomorrow. Not really looking forward to calling them, but I think I can manage it okay. And I actually just now found a site the company that manages 11 properties including the two I'm eyeing, so now I've found even more. Texted my sister to get her opinion on it. I'll wait till I hear back from her before I do anything.

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:10 pm

We're wearing our costumes tonight and daymn my guy looks good in a gambeson. :excited:
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:17 pm

Ugh. All the one bed, one bath ones are taken. I should have figured that. Both places still have 2 bed, 1 bath apartments available. I'm likely to go with the smaller and cheaper one as rent would almost $100 cheaper and I had a better experience on the phone with the two people I spoke with; one of whom is the owner of the company that manages all the properties. My sister and I are going to drive to the town on Nov 8 to check out the main one that I'm interested in and then the other. It's just 650 sq ft for that one, so it's small, but I'm cool with that. Less to pay on heating and air conditioning. With two bedrooms, I'll turn one into a sort of office/study type thing and limit my schoolwork to that room.

I'm excited about this, stressed as fuck, nervous, and scared. It's different this time because I'm living off campus with my own car and all that stuff.

The shit thing is that the damn FAFSA needs to be submitted by Nov 1 if possible, so my mom is going to work on that today. As long as it gets submitted before Wednesday, it's fine. But seriously, if they're going to admit students for the Spring semester, why not notify them sooner. Hell, all my shit was set up back earlier last week, but I couldn't do anything till Friday because I was waiting on an email with a code I needed to set up my username, and I needed the username for my email. The apartment thing is turning out to be the smoothest thing so far. Once the FAFSA is submitted and all, I'll breathe a bit easier.

I found out I also have to do this stupid mandatory class. It's no credit and it's just to get students involved on campus and used to college. Uh...I'm 29 with 2 degrees, I know how college works. Unfortunately when I called to ask if it was mandatory I was told it was. Blah.

Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:32 pm

So much is happening at once!!!! x.x
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:49 pm

Thinking of doing an updated collection shot since it's been about a year since my last. It just takes so damn long to get them all out, arrange them, photo, put them back. XD
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:Thinking of doing an updated collection shot since it's been about a year since my last. It just takes so damn long to get them all out, arrange them, photo, put them back. XD

That still sounds like a fun problem to have. Kinda wish I had that meme about holding all the things. :laugh:
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:Thinking of doing an updated collection shot since it's been about a year since my last. It just takes so damn long to get them all out, arrange them, photo, put them back. XD

Same here. It's been like a year and half since my last group photo! Truly it's an ordeal :widesmile: It would be slightly faster if they weren't packed up in crates but I haven't found any shelves that I like.
Penetrables comparison: here
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Niah wrote:I found out I also have to do this stupid mandatory class. It's no credit and it's just to get students involved on campus and used to college. Uh...I'm 29 with 2 degrees, I know how college works. Unfortunately when I called to ask if it was mandatory I was told it was. Blah.

Yeah that kind of crap really annoys me. So many silly hoops to jump through. I was required to take an "Intro C programming" class despite my having taken multiple classes that used C and multiple C++ classes in which I did quite well, not to mention having like 15 years of experience with C on my own >_> But no class that taught only C... literally all that did was waste my time and money :P
Penetrables comparison: here

Return to “General Off Topic”