/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
CakeLurker

Re: C' ephainafl mgah ahmgr'luh

Postby CakeLurker » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Okay I translated all of the text using Lingojam's R'lyehian Translator, and compared/contrasted it with Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu short story. Both found within their respective links.

The translator is clunky as sometimes it won't always translate the full sentence, so I had to either translate some words individually or borrow from Lovecraft's story.

General Discussion was turned to C' ahmgr'luh Nnnkadishtuor, meaning "To us seek book".
Bad Dragon Banter discussion thread was renamed to C' ephainafl mgah ahmgr'luh, meaning "To us later not stop seek".

The translator got weird with translating "ephainafl" but when separated as "ephai nafl", it reads as "later not". So either someone forgot a space or there's another word I'm missing but can't figure it out.

Putting these in separate spoilers, but here's the translated text from the posts in this thread so far:
► Show Spoiler

Also here are translations of Necronomicron's introduction post and their profile page:

► Show Spoiler

Also here's a random comment from... The Random Comment Thread in General Off Topic by Necronomicon.
► Show Spoiler

Can't translate the text under user's avatar though. :psyduck: Also my eyes hurt from organizing this post gdi.

Get hyped tho!
ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:59 pm

Okay....okay wow. They are going F***ING GOING IN on this! I'm really hoping this is gonna be good.
So I've started writing for the internet! Check it out: https://aconversations.wordpress.com/
Villie

Postby Villie » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Dick dick dick dick :bugeyed:
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:29 pm

CakeLurker wrote:Can't translate the text under user's avatar though. :psyduck: Also my eyes hurt from organizing this post gdi.

Get hyped tho!

'frn ahnythor nafl ah mgep'ai is translated as "That which should not is spoke", so maybe the people who has this under their avatar already said something :widesmile:

Necronomicron wrote:
thesharkwhisperer wrote:Reminds me of the whole coded deal during the Jurassic World promo :laugh:

51 58 50 56

I still wonder what these numbers might be. After a search in google, discarding the coordinates, I have seen a list of the works of Lovecraft in chronological order, and they are:
51 The Unnamable
58 The Horror at Red Hook
50 The Rats in the Walls
56 He

I don't know the work of Lovecraft and I'm throwing blind darts, just for play... :misc4: :excited:
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Jaynix wrote:I had this line of text under one of my posts:

"Ah nafl c' mgathg gotha"

Which translates to: "Is not to us refuse wish".

That...huh.

I wonder if that's supposed to be something like "We are not granting your request" or something like that.
So I've started writing for the internet! Check it out: https://aconversations.wordpress.com/
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Wow this is making me want to delve into the complete Cthulhu Mythos book that I've had on my reading list.

And also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ke2HBiI6yk
Penetrables comparison: here
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Harbenz wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:Can't translate the text under user's avatar though. :psyduck: Also my eyes hurt from organizing this post gdi.

Get hyped tho!

'frn ahnythor nafl ah mgep'ai is translated as "That which should not is spoke", so maybe the people who has this under their avatar already said something :widesmile:

Necronomicron wrote:
thesharkwhisperer wrote:Reminds me of the whole coded deal during the Jurassic World promo :laugh:

51 58 50 56

I still wonder what these numbers might be. After a search in google, discarding the coordinates, I have seen a list of the works of Lovecraft in chronological order, and they are:
51 The Unnamable
58 The Horror at Red Hook
50 The Rats in the Walls
56 He

I don't know the work of Lovecraft and I'm throwing blind darts, just for play... :misc4: :excited:

Same. This is the first I've ever stepped foot into any of his writings. And agreed with coordinates idea. They don't seem to point nowhere in particular, and I've switched longitude/latitude many times. I did switch them to point near the province of Quebec though, which may have its own cryptids but...I doubt.

Don't quote me on this, but the last time I heard about coordinates in relation to Cthulhu was that he resided in the southwest Pacific Ocean, and the numbers we have don't point anywhere near there.

Good thinking on looking at his list of works though. You may be on to something there, but I'm too lazy to check what each story contains. The Unnameable has an invisible beast though so... hmmm I wonder...

Jaynix wrote:I was 'infected' too in the Pumpkin Carving Contest thread. So I made a rather interesting reply. :smilenox:

Hehe, saw your reply! Indeed it is time to embrace the Cult of Cthulhu!
Jaynix wrote:I had this line of text under one of my posts:

"Ah nafl c' mgathg gotha"

Which translates to: "Is not to us refuse wish".

hohohoho I wonder what our punishment is if we refuse to give Cthulhu want he wants. :laugh:
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:57 pm

You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:58 pm

You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
SweetieKat

Postby SweetieKat » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:11 pm

*heavy breathing*
Lovecraftian theme?! YAAAASSSSSSS!!!!! :misc13:
:misc1: :nerdy: Toy list in my profile, I've done a few reviews. Current Favorites: Royal Dragon, Terra
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:21 pm

Ugh, I'm getting a headache from reading all of this. :psyduck: I hope the teaser doesn't last the whole week, I'm not sure I can deal!
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:58 pm

:misc15: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! :misc15: :misc2: :widesmile: :misc1: :widesmile: :misc2: :widesmile:

So much squeeee!! :misc1: :widesmile: I'm so excited right now, I love the Cthulthu mythos stuff so much, and a whole promo around the hole thing could make me part with my money... :misc15:

Demogorgon dick would be cool and all, but Cthulthu does really have a special place in my heart. :misc15:
spiralcatfox

Re: Bad Dragon Banter

Postby spiralcatfox » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:45 pm

spiralcatfox wrote:10/27/17?

I'm all sorts of spooped right now..
Never been too keen on scary stuff, cause my paranoia and all, but I love the enthusiasm going around at the moment
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:16 pm

IT'S WAY TOO LATE for me to talk about plant dicks and demogorgons, especially with Cthulhu on the rise and the discussion of demogorgons have long since passed, but I felt like I had to post this anyway:

Because every time a Demogorgon is brought up, I think of plant dicks. And when I think of plant dicks, I keep thinking of this mofo from Little Shop of Horrors:

FEED ME SEYMOUR.

Far from demogorgons but my mind is weird sometimes. I'll probably regret posting this by next morning but I just HAD to get it out of my system or else I'll explode.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:30 pm

CakeLurker wrote:IT'S WAY TOO LATE for me to talk about plant dicks and demogorgons, especially with Cthulhu on the rise and the discussion of demogorgons have long since passed, but I felt like I had to post this anyway:

Because every time a Demogorgon is brought up, I think of plant dicks. And when I think of plant dicks, I keep thinking of this mofo from Little Shop of Horrors:

FEED ME SEYMOUR.

Far from demogorgons but my mind is weird sometimes. I'll probably regret posting this by next morning but I just HAD to get it out of my system or else I'll explode.

Why've I not heard of this :bugeyed: ? Mayhaps not in the US when it came out. Hoping for a texture focused plus manageable sized in mini/small like Diego was insertable!
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:08 am

Sooooo... Did I miss something obvious? What the hell happened to the name of the thread? :psyduck:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:25 am

Akanisen wrote:Sooooo... Did I miss something obvious? What the hell happened to the name of the thread? :psyduck:

Cthulhu ate it
Pretzal queen!!
[
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:28 am

lizardbreath wrote:
Akanisen wrote:Sooooo... Did I miss something obvious? What the hell happened to the name of the thread? :psyduck:

Cthulhu ate it

Ok :mystery: :psyduck:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:43 am

Akanisen wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:

Cthulhu ate it

Ok :mystery: :psyduck:

There's this viewtopic.php?f=121&p=1243680#p1243680. People's posts and stuff have been edited to include different things (like this thread title).

Assuming it's an attempt to build hype for something new coming.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:47 am

Zaphora wrote:
karla-chan wrote::misc15: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! :misc15: :misc2: :widesmile: :misc1: :widesmile: :misc2: :widesmile:

So much squeeee!! :misc1: :widesmile: I'm so excited right now, I love the Cthulthu mythos stuff so much, and a whole promo around the hole thing could make me part with my money... :misc15:

Demogorgon dick would be cool and all, but Cthulthu does really have a special place in my heart. :misc15:

I'm just hoping for texture to be honest x3 and I'm suggesting the demogorgon because of the stranger things theme....monster from the series x3

Or we could get both, since they did a multiple toy release for the Jurassic World promo, and the Fallout 4. Since I thought Demogorgon at first, because the first videos said more that, but then the end of the 3rd video was a Cthulthu hint.

Then Cthulthu ate the thread title!

I prefer textured toys too, so I'd quite like that. There hasn't been a new release that's tempted me for a while. So I hope it's something good for me.

:misc15: Although with all the Cthulthu stuff, I have a song called margate fhtagn in my head... :misc15:

Return to “General Discussion”