/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
FoxyCatZaam

Re: C' ephainafl mgah ahmgr'luh

Postby FoxyCatZaam » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:31 am

Ahhh, I'm so excited! I was so confused when I first logged in! Really excited to see what's coming and I'm loving the hype.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:44 am

Stranger Things is pretty damn lovecraftian

oooo
https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-tu ... ger-things
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
LittleRedVixen

Postby LittleRedVixen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:38 am

I LOVE the Cthulhu Mythos :misc2: I am so excited. Cant wait to see what happens next.
:misc14: :misc15: :misc14: :misc15: :misc14: :misc15: :misc14: :misc15:
"Does running out of f*cks count as cardio?"

ImageImage
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:42 am

It's odd BD is marketing on the forums as they're slowly killing the forums.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
Nyan

Postby Nyan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:19 am

Squirrelmunk wrote:It's odd BD is marketing on the forums as they're slowly killing the forums.

Maybe it's not the case? Maybe they're limiting the access to the forums until the secondhand forum and the labs are revamped? I may be optimistic, but I hope I'm right :nerdy:
Why would they bother with this otherwise?
English is not my native language, please forgive my mistakes~
Squirrelmunk

Postby Squirrelmunk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:33 am

Nyan wrote:
Squirrelmunk wrote:It's odd BD is marketing on the forums as they're slowly killing the forums.

Maybe it's not the case? Maybe they're limiting the access to the forums until the secondhand forum and the labs are revamped? I may be optimistic, but I hope I'm right :nerdy:
Why would they bother with this otherwise?

It would take five minutes to "revamp" the secondhand forum: simply start a couple threads for buyer and seller feedback. The idea that they're taking their time to make sure it's done right makes little sense to me. And even if they are, that's no reason to remove the site's link to the forum or deindex it from search engines.

I think the simplest explanation for BD's contradictory approaches to the forums is there's disagreement within the company about what to do with this place. The most powerful people decided to take away the site's link and remove it from google. And one or two people with less authority (perhaps exspectre or dasa) still believe the forums have worth and decided to do this Cthulhu gorilla marketing campaign.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
Dracon Ra

Postby Dracon Ra » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:35 pm

People suck...
Orders a large Flint for a full set. Impulse buying helps.
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:46 pm

I'm new to forum puzzles and the like in general but tried my hand at restoring the picture to its non-glitched self, if that
was what we're supposed to do.

Basically lots of color and brightness/contrast modification, and snipping off the right-hand edges of the pic and putting them on the left-hand side (then going down one row).

It's still..."choppy" but here's a monochrome pic of what I have so far. You don't want to see the eyesore of what I made in full color on my computer.

► Show Spoiler

Obviously incomplete, but seems to be a picture of the back of a truck with two cardboard boxes in its trunk. God knows what kind of device is sitting on top of them, and what else is in the back. Can't really make it out even with color on.

There's also someone walking alongside of the road between the truck and car. Can't see their head/face. Or feet for that matter, though I've lined stuff up by the road's shoulder so I fucked up somewhere.

I'd fix it up more but not sure what else to do really. I'm new to this stuff. Might give it another go later tonight but I really need to do homework.

What do you guys think?
Villie

Postby Villie » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Ahjshsjhfdsj do I want glyph.. maybe a diego... there's too many... good shapes I wanna try out
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:10 pm

Perhaps my favorite part of this

The majority of the Cthulhu Mythos is public domain, so they could do an actual Cthulhu toy instead of a thinly veiled "parody"

Can't wait to see what they come up with.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
Villie

Postby Villie » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:30 pm

I can definitely see the dong they make being almost a fusion of the demogorgon from stranger things and chtulu.
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:42 pm

I can't help but feel this is just going to get everyone's hopes up and the toy is going to be completely unremarkable, aside from the inspiration. :misc6: :widesmile: After all, running a forum event after hiding the forum from search results? It just feels desperate.
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Zaphora wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:I can't help but feel this is just going to get everyone's hopes up and the toy is going to be completely unremarkable, aside from the inspiration. :misc6: :widesmile: After all, running a forum event after hiding the forum from search results? It just feels desperate.

I'm not sure the hiding the forum thing was intended but you can tell they do care they have been editing member posts for teasers.... it's gonna be pretty interesting maybe they will do my tile releases....

Editing a post isn't really something to call home about. :stick: I can HOPE that this'll be something good, but at the end of the day, their effort is... what, running Lovecraft quotes through an online translator? Finding a numbered list of his work? Putting a truck through a glitch filter? I know it seems great, but I just can't help but feel like it's going to be another letdown, and I don't want people to have another disappointment. :sniffing:
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:02 pm

Villie wrote:Ahjshsjhfdsj do I want glyph.. maybe a diego... there's too many... good shapes I wanna try out

yes. yes you do :stick:

all the shapes!!!!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:10 pm

hastur hastur HASTUR
Pretzal queen!!
[
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:11 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
Villie wrote:Ahjshsjhfdsj do I want glyph.. maybe a diego... there's too many... good shapes I wanna try out

yes. yes you do :stick:

all the shapes!!!!

All the shapes!!!!
My collection
► Show Spoiler
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:15 pm

I have a plush nyrlathotep
as well as several cthulhu......
including a x-mas wreath

ah!

http://www.toyvault.com/cthulhu/index.html

http://www.toyvault.com/cthulhu/oop.html
Pretzal queen!!
[
HungryStray

Postby HungryStray » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:49 pm

Roverseer2 wrote:
Zaphora wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:I can't help but feel this is just going to get everyone's hopes up and the toy is going to be completely unremarkable, aside from the inspiration. :misc6: :widesmile: After all, running a forum event after hiding the forum from search results? It just feels desperate.

I'm not sure the hiding the forum thing was intended but you can tell they do care they have been editing member posts for teasers.... it's gonna be pretty interesting maybe they will do my tile releases....

Editing a post isn't really something to call home about. :stick: I can HOPE that this'll be something good, but at the end of the day, their effort is... what, running Lovecraft quotes through an online translator? Finding a numbered list of his work? Putting a truck through a glitch filter? I know it seems great, but I just can't help but feel like it's going to be another letdown, and I don't want people to have another disappointment. :sniffing:

Surprising though it may seem, the biggest buzzkill about things like this are posts like yours. Whether or not they are deciding to tank the forums through the starvation method, they are making an effort to include the people that are still here in an event. I don't see teasers like this happening anywhere else on BD's part, so it's forum exclusive so far.

Even if you feel like the effort is minimal, it makes people feel NICE to be included. Given how much of a minority we are, they don't NEED our sales, so it's only really being done for our benefit. Any time a toy is released, there are going to be people who love it, and people who hate it, no matter how much hype surrounds it, but that shouldn't detract from the fun leading up to the release.
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:06 pm

HungryStray wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:
Zaphora wrote:

Surprising though it may seem, the biggest buzzkill about things like this are posts like yours. Whether or not they are deciding to tank the forums through the starvation method, they are making an effort to include the people that are still here in an event. I don't see teasers like this happening anywhere else on BD's part, so it's forum exclusive so far.

Even if you feel like the effort is minimal, it makes people feel NICE to be included. Given how much of a minority we are, they don't NEED our sales, so it's only really being done for our benefit. Any time a toy is released, there are going to be people who love it, and people who hate it, no matter how much hype surrounds it, but that shouldn't detract from the fun leading up to the release.

hey hungry stray?
did i mention i luve you? :widesmile: :smile:
Pretzal queen!!
[
vixenvega

Postby vixenvega » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:17 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
HungryStray wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:

hey hungry stray?
did i mention i luve you? :widesmile: :smile:

Seconded.
Seriously, people are getting excited and hyped up about this because it's fun. If you want to be a buzzkill then you can just heck right off and let the rest of us have a good time.

And don't try to thinly veil your snark as concern for all of our delicate emotions. It's bullshit and insulting.

Return to “General Discussion”