/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
HungryStray

Re: C' ephainafl mgah ahmgr'luh

Postby HungryStray » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:19 pm

lizardbreath wrote:
HungryStray wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:
Editing a post isn't really something to call home about. :stick: I can HOPE that this'll be something good, but at the end of the day, their effort is... what, running Lovecraft quotes through an online translator? Finding a numbered list of his work? Putting a truck through a glitch filter? I know it seems great, but I just can't help but feel like it's going to be another letdown, and I don't want people to have another disappointment. :sniffing:

Surprising though it may seem, the biggest buzzkill about things like this are posts like yours. Whether or not they are deciding to tank the forums through the starvation method, they are making an effort to include the people that are still here in an event. I don't see teasers like this happening anywhere else on BD's part, so it's forum exclusive so far.

Even if you feel like the effort is minimal, it makes people feel NICE to be included. Given how much of a minority we are, they don't NEED our sales, so it's only really being done for our benefit. Any time a toy is released, there are going to be people who love it, and people who hate it, no matter how much hype surrounds it, but that shouldn't detract from the fun leading up to the release.

hey hungry stray?
did i mention i luve you? :widesmile: :smile:

Ymg' got ya running yog bug ot ya lloig
ymg' got ya ahlloig cahf Y''m wasting ya yar
(do nafl tharanak ya mgyogor, mg mg no mg mg)
Y''ll ymg' ai ehye ahog mgep Y' get naIIII floor
(do nafl tharanak ya mgyogor)
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:20 pm

vixenvega wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:
HungryStray wrote:Surprising though it may seem, the biggest buzzkill about things like this are posts like yours. Whether or not they are deciding to tank the forums through the starvation method, they are making an effort to include the people that are still here in an event. I don't see teasers like this happening anywhere else on BD's part, so it's forum exclusive so far.

Even if you feel like the effort is minimal, it makes people feel NICE to be included. Given how much of a minority we are, they don't NEED our sales, so it's only really being done for our benefit. Any time a toy is released, there are going to be people who love it, and people who hate it, no matter how much hype surrounds it, but that shouldn't detract from the fun leading up to the release.

hey hungry stray?
did i mention i luve you? :widesmile: :smile:

Seconded.
Seriously, people are getting excited and hyped up about this because it's fun. If you want to be a buzzkill then you can just heck right off and let the rest of us have a good time.

And don't try to thinly veil your snark as concern for all of our delicate emotions. It's bullshit and insulting.

I LUV YOU TOO!
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:06 pm

Actually that's a good point. Why bother editing people's posts when you can-

USE THE PLUSHIES TO GET US HYPED!

BD.

BD.

BD.

I'm begging you. Make the Duke and Chance plushies speak Cthulhu for us please. Or take a picture of them worshipping a Cthulhu shrine. Something. Please.

I want the plushies to join the cult.
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:06 am

lizardbreath wrote:I have a plush nyrlathotep
as well as several cthulhu......
including a x-mas wreath

ah!

http://www.toyvault.com/cthulhu/index.html

http://www.toyvault.com/cthulhu/oop.html

I totally hate you :stick: and I'm no way jealous of your nyarlathotep plush. :stick:

I have a Cthulthu plushie from forever ago, and I Googled the nyarlathotep plush and he was so expensive because he had been discontinued... :crying: :crying:

If Bad Dragon do some kind of Cthulthu inspired fat plushie in the same style as Duke, I'm seriously going to loose my shit. I'd find a way.
Nixy Neon

Postby Nixy Neon » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:06 am

Roverseer2 wrote:
Zaphora wrote:
Roverseer2 wrote:I can't help but feel this is just going to get everyone's hopes up and the toy is going to be completely unremarkable, aside from the inspiration. :misc6: :widesmile: After all, running a forum event after hiding the forum from search results? It just feels desperate.

I'm not sure the hiding the forum thing was intended but you can tell they do care they have been editing member posts for teasers.... it's gonna be pretty interesting maybe they will do my tile releases....

Editing a post isn't really something to call home about. :stick: I can HOPE that this'll be something good, but at the end of the day, their effort is... what, running Lovecraft quotes through an online translator? Finding a numbered list of his work? Putting a truck through a glitch filter? I know it seems great, but I just can't help but feel like it's going to be another letdown, and I don't want people to have another disappointment. :sniffing:

thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:35 am

Nixy Neon wrote:Image

Omg I was about to answer with the exact same pic :laugh:

Also I don't think it will be that big of a deal if the toy ends up being disappointing. Roland was the only toy I really cared about during the Fallout promo, I still was hyped during the whole event because damn it's one of my favorite game. Same for the Jurassic World promo. None of the toy ended up being that interesting to go "omg I need it right now" yet I was so damn hyped because Jurassic Park is my favorite thing of all time since I was a small child. I went to FACTS, a sci-fi convention, today. I had no money for once but I still enjoyed it for the atmosphere of it even though I couldn't bring back anything. It's pretty much the same here.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:46 am

Jaynix wrote:
If Bad Dragon do some kind of Cthulthu inspired fat plushie in the same style as Duke, I'm seriously going to loose my shit. I'd find a way.

Oh my God, THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

:misc14: :misc15: My heart says yes, my wallet says no. But I would have such a great and mighty need! I just LOVE the style of the Duke plushie so much, and I love the Cthulhu mythos, so it would be so exciting for me. :misc14: :misc15:
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:40 am

karla-chan wrote:
Jaynix wrote:

:misc14: :misc15: My heart says yes, my wallet says no. But I would have such a great and mighty need! I just LOVE the style of the Duke plushie so much, and I love the Cthulhu mythos, so it would be so exciting for me. :misc14: :misc15:

I'll just leave this here http://www.squishable.com/p/squish_cthulhu_15/
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
karla-chan

Postby karla-chan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:43 am

Akanisen wrote:
karla-chan wrote:
Jaynix wrote:

I am making some unholy noises right now, I am just sayin' :misc2: :widesmile:
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Jaynix wrote:
Akanisen wrote:
karla-chan wrote:

Welp, I'm dead. And my bank account. I'm gonna buy 100. :laugh: :laugh:

My bf just bought me this
http://www.squishable.com/pc/squish_gre ... hite+Shark
Cause of this
► Show Spoiler
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Jaynix wrote:Eeeeee! Maybe Sidon will appear if you squish it enough? Haha!

Oh gods I wish that were possible!!! XD
Villie

Postby Villie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Anyone here have a mini echo?
And what firmness/how squishy is it?
Debating on getting my gf one in soft or medium. I would idealy like to be able to use it with a strap on and im worried soft would be too soft for that.

I have one that's medium, and honestly think it's perfect haha. I def wouldn't go any softer.
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Villie

Postby Villie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:10 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
Villie wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Anyone here have a mini echo?
And what firmness/how squishy is it?
Debating on getting my gf one in soft or medium. I would idealy like to be able to use it with a strap on and im worried soft would be too soft for that.

I have one that's medium, and honestly think it's perfect haha. I def wouldn't go any softer.

Do you think you could do a quick gif/video of you squishing/wiggling it around :V?

Yeah!! Lemme go grab the lil guy
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
tanner93

Postby tanner93 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:34 pm

Villie wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
Villie wrote:I have one that's medium, and honestly think it's perfect haha. I def wouldn't go any softer.

Do you think you could do a quick gif/video of you squishing/wiggling it around :V?

Yeah!! Lemme go grab the lil guy

I have a mini in medium as well and I definitely wouldn't go any softer. He's super squishy in medium firmness due to the size.
Last edited by tanner93 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tempest

Postby Tempest » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:35 pm

CakeLurker wrote:Actually that's a good point. Why bother editing people's posts when you can-

USE THE PLUSHIES TO GET US HYPED!

BD.

BD.

BD.

I'm begging you. Make the Duke and Chance plushies speak Cthulhu for us please. Or take a picture of them worshipping a Cthulhu shrine. Something. Please.

I want the plushies to join the cult.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
David Pumpkins
Any questions?

Postby David Pumpkins » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:54 am

10/27/2017

It knows what we've done...
- Just ate 40 lbs. of bamboo, time for a nap! ~
ImageTiny Exspectre by Chibity!Image
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:02 am

The coordinates that were there put it in Arizona. NNW of Phoenix. Middle of Prescott National Forest.

find you.jpg
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:17 pm

Jaynix wrote:
Niah wrote:The coordinates that were there put it in Arizona. NNW of Phoenix. Middle of Prescott National Forest.

find you.jpg

The text in the image reads:

"C' ymg' ephaimgah'n' ghft"

"To us yours ephaimgah'n' ghft"

Is that also a compass N?

112° 28' 05.5" W (title thread)
24º 27' 25.8" N (glitched pic)
This point Niah said. :excited:
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Jaynix wrote:
Harbenz wrote:
Jaynix wrote:
The text in the image reads:

"C' ymg' ephaimgah'n' ghft"

"To us yours ephaimgah'n' ghft"

Is that also a compass N?

112° 28' 05.5" W (title thread)
24º 27' 25.8" N (glitched pic)
This point Niah said. :excited:

Ah, I didn't see the other numbers in the picture. And I already got the coordinates before the mods deleted them.

Yeah, I snagged the coordinates before they got deleted. Kind of excited to see they edited my post to add the pic, lol. :excited:
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.

Return to “General Discussion”