Bad Dragon Waiting Syndrome :P

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Ryddle

Re: Bad Dragon Waiting Syndrome :P

Postby Ryddle » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Niah wrote:I agree with you there. I have a Guardian (Gunner) in Shogaru on the way and it should arrive later this coming week. I'm excited to see what it looks like and I hope I can make the pictures small enough to post at least one.

That's so cool! I'm excited for you. I too hope you can post some pictures.
nikkolaus

Postby nikkolaus » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:52 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
nikkolaus wrote:I almost always get a custom... If I'm gonna spend a bunch of money on these, and possibly have someone admiring their beauty in the bedroom, and keep them for years upon years then I want them to be made in my unique colors! :stick:

You say that, but if your like me who's collection consists mostly of xls any bit of savings help. :smile:

Nooope.. my tiny tiger butt get a Small or medium at largest... anything over 2" diameter i cant take fully... :misc8: :doh:
Last edited by nikkolaus on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:02 pm

Ryddle wrote:
Niah wrote:I agree with you there. I have a Guardian (Gunner) in Shogaru on the way and it should arrive later this coming week. I'm excited to see what it looks like and I hope I can make the pictures small enough to post at least one.

That's so cool! I'm excited for you. I too hope you can post some pictures.

Thanks! Yeah, I managed one of my Fenrir. The others are too high quality or whatever, so resizing them involves cropping a fair bit of the toy itself out of the picture, which rather defeats the point of the pic, lol.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
sintarith

Postby sintarith » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:36 pm

I’m a little sad that the status numbers were removed from the code on the day I ordered, but for me that just means there’s more suspense in the waiting!

I’ve ordered an S5 Ika in mystery and an S3 Nova in amethyst: has anyone had their amethyst through yet? I’d love to hear if it’s as lovely in person :widesmile:
Ghostchi

Postby Ghostchi » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:26 pm

they got rid of those status numbers like 3 days after i ordered. I thought that i was doing something wrong to find the numbers but it looks like it's for everyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What's the usual turnaround time before shipping for these anyway?
taulanaewn

Postby taulanaewn » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Turnaround time varies depending on many factors. Could be as soon as 14 days or as late as 80+. It seems to usually take 3 to 5 weeks.

Black Friday really slowed them down but it seems things are almost back to normal.
chickadee

Postby chickadee » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Order placed 8 days ago, sad to see that up until the other day I could have seen status codes. Wasn't aware!

Can't wait for my :misc8: and :misc9: !!!
I ordered 4 toys. I wonder if the wait time is longer the more toys you order? Really hope it isn't much longer than 5 weeks.
Ghostchi

Postby Ghostchi » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:23 pm

taulanaewn wrote:Turnaround time varies depending on many factors. Could be as soon as 14 days or as late as 80+. It seems to usually take 3 to 5 weeks.

Black Friday really slowed them down but it seems things are almost back to normal.

That makes sense since there's a ton a ways you can customize
Thanks!
Ryddle

Postby Ryddle » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:47 pm

Niah wrote:Thanks! Yeah, I managed one of my Fenrir. The others are too high quality or whatever, so resizing them involves cropping a fair bit of the toy itself out of the picture, which rather defeats the point of the pic, lol.

Couldn't you use paint or the likes to resize the picture instead of cropping it? I've used it before so I could fit rather large images into avatars on sites that had a limit of pixels or what not. So long as you tell the dialog box to scale equally it should be fine, quality wise.
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:16 am

Ryddle wrote:
Niah wrote:Thanks! Yeah, I managed one of my Fenrir. The others are too high quality or whatever, so resizing them involves cropping a fair bit of the toy itself out of the picture, which rather defeats the point of the pic, lol.

Couldn't you use paint or the likes to resize the picture instead of cropping it? I've used it before so I could fit rather large images into avatars on sites that had a limit of pixels or what not. So long as you tell the dialog box to scale equally it should be fine, quality wise.

I'll try it if I feel like it.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
taulanaewn

Postby taulanaewn » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Sweet!! From placing the order on January 12th, Xar in Surprise Me and Nocturne in Emerald have shipped.

So excited to see both. Hoping Xar isn't solid and they had fun with him.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Diego still hasn't shipped :unamused:

Its been almost a week at 90, or at least that's what it said before the numbers got removed
taulanaewn

Postby taulanaewn » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:02 pm

Phelvia wrote:Diego still hasn't shipped :unamused:

Its been almost a week at 90, or at least that's what it said before the numbers got removed

You should contact them today. See what's up.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:12 pm

taulanaewn wrote:

I did a couple hours ago >_>
Waitin' on a reply. Hopefully it gets read today
taulanaewn

Postby taulanaewn » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:01 pm

Phelvia wrote:
taulanaewn wrote:

I did a couple hours ago >_>
Waitin' on a reply. Hopefully it gets read today

They just responded to my message from last night so hopefully you get it. <:

Bruiser is being worked on according to CS. Hopefully he won't flop too badly and can be shipped soon. Excited to play with him and Echo.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:08 pm

taulanaewn wrote:
Bruiser is being worked on according to CS. Hopefully he won't flop too badly and can be shipped soon. Excited to play with him and Echo.

Oh what colors did you get on Bruiser?
Rapidash

Postby Rapidash » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Day 17 for Medium Chance (Natural). Didn't get anything fancy like a tube or something like that, so I hope that makes it a little shorter than 5+ weeks. The large chance doesn't have a tube either and is a 2 colour fade.
20-somethingM/mostly straight (exception being equine cocks) :cool: L Chance Unflared Bubblegum/Cherry Blossom Fade + XL Chance Unflared [Natural] :cool:
taulanaewn

Postby taulanaewn » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:50 pm

Phelvia wrote:
taulanaewn wrote:

Oh what colors did you get on Bruiser?

Natural. I love the way it looks and I need a reddish toy in the box for more color variety.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:05 pm

thesharkwhisperer wrote:I never paid attention to the numbers but do you mean they weren't in plain sight with your order info and that you actually had to play around with the website code to get them ?

In a specific browser (Firefox I think?) you can view a page's source code (view the HTML code which is used to construct the web page). The code numbers were only visible there. Only a web developer (or hacker) would be interested in viewing a page's source code, or understand what they were reading, more or less. I wouldn't say it's spying exactly, but sort of nosy. It's kind of like digging through somebody else's trash - hey, they left it on the curb, so it's public domain, it's fair game.

For wait times, it looks like 5 weeks is the current standard for custom orders (using KnotyDes' experience as a guide). BD should change it's statement from 2-3 weeks to 4 weeks, IMO. Orders fulfilled more quickly will then be considered a pleasant surprise, and orders that go a week over won't seem too bad.
fatbrat

Postby fatbrat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:18 pm

My RSYP vasu arrived! It's absolutely beautiful, I love it! I've just been staring at it for an hour now... wow.

Although, I ordered some lube and a syringe for a lil squirt I have, and BD sent me two lubes instead. :psyduck: I sent in a ticket.

Otherwise I am THRILLED!

Return to “General Discussion”