/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Cestrum

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Cestrum » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:16 pm

DaedraQueen wrote:Omg the need has just risen in me I am defo in the ball park to grab one of these guys! I'm also considering a crystal idea too! Ughhh man so many indie stores are really upping the colour scheme game its amazing, AND I'm 96% sure I can actually use him!

I have a mini too, and I love both of them, you should definitely buy one if you can use it! I can pm/message you on tumblr where I get my inspiration pics from if you want!
DaedraQueen wrote:My unicorn arrived! I mean they sent me the wrong size lubes but my unicorn arrived its so cute! I love it now on to cuatomer help for lube support

It's so cute, I got mine today too! Hope their cs helps you with the lube!
1 Wearable 2 Penetrables 5 Vibes 15 Eggs 58 Toys Waiting on: None!
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:06 pm

blushingkitten wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:
Cestrum wrote:
Just posted the comparisons to my tumblr and the comparison thread with you tagged! I'm pretty excited for it, it's so cute I love unicorns, so I hope so too. :smilenox:

My unicorn arrived! I mean they sent me the wrong size lubes but my unicorn arrived its so cute! I love it now on to cuatomer help for lube support
Snapchat-1032110636.jpg

This was such a cool deal (if you did indeed get it for free during lovehoney's promotion). I already had the original colored one, but it was still very tempting! It's really cute and the new colors are great!

Didn't know there is a black one. I just got the white one but well it was kinda free so better than nothing =p
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:30 am

Still trying to sort out what to buy next, I know I want to get a Small Clayton as I've always wanted to get the next size up of him.
I can't decide on a Mini Fenrir or Small, or to go with Apollo. Might end up going with a Fenrir cause not sure on Apollo's textures.
Want to add another toy to the buy list but not sure what to go with there, maybe a Nox or another toy similar.
Also wanting to add a CT to one of the toys and now I don't know what toy should have it, been wanting to try it again.
Urgh... decisions.
DaedraQueen

Postby DaedraQueen » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:52 am

Jaynix wrote:So, CS hasn't answered my questions in over 2 days now.... ?

Yeah theyve been super slow mines is 4 days now what was your question?
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade

❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
DaedraQueen

Postby DaedraQueen » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 pm

Jaynix wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:

*sigh* I don't want to admit it but I'm a horribly impatient person. I just wanted to know when my order was going to change from 90 to shipped. Since it's been sitting there for a bit. God I feel terrible.

Mines was an order question so maybe they dont deam it important enough to answer since its not been over the time line for bds order system its what 4-5 weeks processing now from made to shipped?
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade

❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
Villie

Postby Villie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:23 pm

DaedraQueen wrote:
Jaynix wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:

*sigh* I don't want to admit it but I'm a horribly impatient person. I just wanted to know when my order was going to change from 90 to shipped. Since it's been sitting there for a bit. God I feel terrible.

Mines was an order question so maybe they dont deam it important enough to answer since its not been over the time line for bds order system its what 4-5 weeks processing now from made to shipped?

They shouldn't be leaving anything unanswered, they'll probably get to it soon hmm

I know around big sales they reply a lot slower cuz they have a lot more tickets regarding custom colors and whatnot, so it can take them a few days

I've had then answer me within the same day in the past, but while no sales were going in haha
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
TheOtherDude

Postby TheOtherDude » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:24 pm

Jaynix wrote:
DaedraQueen wrote:

PSA: As far as I know, whenever you open a CS ticket and add an order number in the respective input field, any progress on said order will be automatically put on hold until CS has reviewed your ticket. I'm not 100% sure about the "any progress" part, but I am almost sure it will not ship even if all items are ready.

I'm unsure if you can circumvent this by putting the order number in the free text field and leaving the order number single-line text field blank.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
Pseudonym

Postby Pseudonym » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:54 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:I'm unsure if you can circumvent this by putting the order number in the free text field and leaving the order number single-line text field blank.

Pretty sure you can, at least for now. In the first ticket I submitted (Dec 4), I added my order number in the free text field and my order remained in processing until the ticket was reviewed. In the second ticket I sent (Jan 19, for a different toy), I added my order number in the single-line text field, and the toy was put on hold immediately until the ticket was solved.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:33 pm

Customer service is busy now, since there's a big annual sale. I would guess that "what stage is my order in?" questions are not a priority compared to people who are ordering toys during business hours, asking CS to make custom changes to new orders, etc.

What are the available hours of customer service for live help now? I couldn't get a live person yesterday, so I placed an order and made custom color changes via email. In the past, I was doing that in real time with customer service. No big deal but it's nice to have a live person, but maybe that slows them down (more chatty - Have a nice day! You too! - while an email is more "cut-to-the-chase").
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:40 pm

Update to BD's shop page:

Lana's display profile has an orange color now instead of her usual Ebony (new natural? / signature? nvm I think it's Halloween Orange) and Natascha's pic now displays her signature instead of her natural color.

► Show Spoiler

Also were the packers always that brightly colored? Thought they just had Peach or Ebony-colored profile pics. Hard to tell if this was part of today's update or an earlier change.

► Show Spoiler

Also they've rearranged the custom color palette now to make it easier to pick colors:

Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:50 pm

Well, they said they can do a custom colour splotch, but also guarenteed me it's probably, lol, gonna look like crap and be all smeared or something. I'll just go with EE and Cody, I suppose.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:02 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:What are the available hours of customer service for live help now? I couldn't get a live person yesterday, so I placed an order and made custom color changes via email. In the past, I was doing that in real time with customer service. No big deal but it's nice to have a live person, but maybe that slows them down (more chatty - Have a nice day! You too! - while an email is more "cut-to-the-chase").

You mean the instant-chat service or just them answering tickets? Either way it's still 9AM-4PM MT on weekdays, but their Live Messenger thing hasn't been "on" for a while. It's just tickets or email only at this point until things slow down.

Rainbow Dasher wrote:Well, they said they can do a custom colour splotch, but also guarenteed me it's probably, lol, gonna look like crap and be all smeared or something. I'll just go with EE and Cody, I suppose.

Ooo I wonder if the option is still available for other models besides Chance then~ That's good to hear. Gives me a few ideas but I doubt it'll be available on the toys I want because minis suck sometimes. Oh well.

Good luck with your EE order then!
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:02 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
Also they've rearranged the custom color palette now to make it easier to pick colors:

Not sure if the new grid is that much of an improvement, although at least the color 'families' are consistent when reading left to right, top to bottom. So that seems less random. But they should also probably be further organized lighter to darker, and more saturated to less saturated. Not that big of a deal I guess. I kinda wish the featured colors and standard swatches were on the same grid, but maybe that makes things too complicated, I dunno.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:07 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
Ooo I wonder if the option is still available for other models besides Chance then~ That's good to hear. Gives me a few ideas but I doubt it'll be available on the toys I want because minis suck sometimes. Oh well.

I'd give them a poke and ask, though you're likely to get the same disclaimer as me: It'll probably be smeared, have drips, be smudged. You can't return it and they won't repour even if it looks so bad they would have classified it as a flop, otherwise.

Thanks! Probably won't be making it for a while, though. May wait for another sale.

Edit: Their medium Cody, while a touch smaller than medium Chance is about 50 bucks less. Shipping is about 40 bucks less than BD wants to charge me, too. XD
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:18 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:Not sure if the new grid is that much of an improvement, although at least the color 'families' are consistent when reading left to right, top to bottom. So that seems less random. But they should also probably be further organized lighter to darker, and more saturated to less saturated. Not that big of a deal I guess. I kinda wish the featured colors and standard swatches were on the same grid, but maybe that makes things too complicated, I dunno.

I think it also has to do with making it easier to make a custom marble or fade while keeping the more-complex colors separate. The featured colors rare rarely solid like the 56 custom colors, as they often have metallics or dazzle or GITD effects by default. But yeah it's probably mostly to keep everything organized and simplified for the customer.

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:Ooo I wonder if the option is still available for other models besides Chance then~ That's good to hear. Gives me a few ideas but I doubt it'll be available on the toys I want because minis suck sometimes. Oh well.

I'd give them a poke and ask, though you're likely to get the same disclaimer as me: It'll probably be smeared, have drips, be smudged. You can't return it and they won't repour even if it looks so bad they would have classified it as a flop, otherwise.

Thanks! Probably won't be making it for a while, though. May wait for another sale.

Oh dang, smears, drips and smudges? I guess they're being more explicit and detailed with disclaimers now because last year when I got my swap they just told me that the splotch may not be the right shape and no repour attempts like you said but mentioned nothing about smudges or the like. I wonder if the process to make splotches changed or something, or if it's just a new policy thing now with how they write disclaimers.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:27 pm

It's probably the quality continuing to decline, and I don't say that lightly. I'm not willing to pay almost 60 AUD for a colour and have it, likely, turn out like crap.

EE offers nearly the same model for about 50 less, shipping is 50 less (actually had a look at EE's shipping table for the Cody to me), and the colouration will be 25 less AND they'll be able to do a splotch without it coming out looking weird. I have about 8 horse toys from them and the splotches all look great. Well, BD, that was the last custom I was considering from you. Anything in the future I get, I may just go through secondhand, on Dragon Hoard. My partner still wants a Rowan, though, so that will probably be the last thing we get from here unless some killer design comes out that fills me with an intense need from the moment I see it.
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:21 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:It's probably the quality continuing to decline, and I don't say that lightly. I'm not willing to pay almost 60 AUD for a colour and have it, likely, turn out like crap.

EE offers nearly the same model for about 50 less, shipping is 50 less (actually had a look at EE's shipping table for the Cody to me), and the colouration will be 25 less AND they'll be able to do a splotch without it coming out looking weird. I have about 8 horse toys from them and the splotches all look great. Well, BD, that was the last custom I was considering from you. Anything in the future I get, I may just go through secondhand, on Dragon Hoard. My partner still wants a Rowan, though, so that will probably be the last thing we get from here unless some killer design comes out that fills me with an intense need from the moment I see it.

Yeah, my Guardian I ordered (with a pack of teenies) is probably the last BD toy for me unless they come out with something amazing. I know pretty well what I like and don't like now. I might see what on EE and PH catch my eye; I have been wanting an Krubera from PH for a while now.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:27 pm

Niah wrote:
Yeah, my Guardian I ordered (with a pack of teenies) is probably the last BD toy for me unless they come out with something amazing. I know pretty well what I like and don't like now. I might see what on EE and PH catch my eye; I have been wanting an Krubera from PH for a while now.

I've wanted a Krubera forever. I'm mainly worried about the mess, though, from the gelatine eggs. I know you can use regular silicone eggs in it but have always heard they are difficult to push through, even if one is using a lot of lube. I've been on the fence about it for over a year now, maybe longer.
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:33 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Niah wrote:

I've wanted a Krubera forever. I'm mainly worried about the mess, though, from the gelatine eggs. I know you can use regular silicone eggs in it but have always heard they are difficult to push through, even if one is using a lot of lube. I've been on the fence about it for over a year now, maybe longer.

Yeah, I've been thinking about it a long while too. It'd be easier now since I'm finally living on my own and can make the eggs without dodging questions or having to wait for people not to be home. The mess does concern me too. I'm going to have to think on it a while longer. That and I have no idea what sort of colors I'd like on it.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:22 pm

Niah wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Niah wrote:

Yeah, I've been thinking about it a long while too. It'd be easier now since I'm finally living on my own and can make the eggs without dodging questions or having to wait for people not to be home. The mess does concern me too. I'm going to have to think on it a while longer. That and I have no idea what sort of colors I'd like on it.

I have colours in mind for mine, and while I don't mind gelatine eggs per se, I don't fancy the idea of having to "lay" them over the toilet. That'd be a turn-off. I have a small shower stall that would probably become a skating rink due to the gelatine, which leaves having to get something like a tarp and place it over the bed or something. I just can't think of a good way to use them that wouldn't either be a mess or would turn me off, like having to push them out over the toiler.

Return to “General Discussion”