/Bad Dragon General/

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
User avatar
Featherystorm
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:07 pm
Gender: Female

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Featherystorm » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:56 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:There are probably some important and technical steps in between having a 3D thumbnail, and turning that into a toy. Having a 3D thumbnail might save you a day's time in 3D modeling, I'd guess. It doesn't mean you can print a useable model to make a mold from. It's missing too much data to make a smooth and useable print, I'd guess.

I don't have enough experience with 3D modeling (and no experience with 3D printing) to be certain, but I believe your concern is a little bit unwarranted. If you have the ability to turn a model into a reproducible toy, you probably don't need a 3D thumbnail that badly, to get started. Anybody with advanced 3D modeling skills can probably make a pretty good 3D model of most toys already. People without advanced 3D modeling skills probably can't do much with the models BD posted.

I could be wrong... anybody with 3D modeling and printing experience who can make a comment?


You need a full 3D model to print anything really. A thumbnail won't print on 3D printers because they either use OBJ, STL, VRML, Ect. So unless you know how to 3D model, you're pretty much shit out of luck printing anything. So yeah they could possibly make a model from the 3D thumbnails but not from the thumbnails themselves.
Female/22/Lesbian/Taken
"If I can't kill a man with it with a single swing then I'm not sticking it in my body." Me @ My girlfriend on sex toys.
User avatar
Grimly Fiendish
Posts: 898
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 11:07 pm
Location: Ogresville

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:17 am

Featherystorm wrote:
You need a full 3D model to print anything really. A thumbnail won't print on 3D printers because they either use OBJ, STL, VRML, Ect. So unless you know how to 3D model, you're pretty much shit out of luck printing anything. So yeah they could possibly make a model from the 3D thumbnails but not from the thumbnails themselves.


So, I assume that even if they did convert the thumbnail into a 3D model, it will be missing lots of details (and might lack basic smoothness needed to even be useable).

It would be like (maybe) comparing legacy Ridley to new Ridley. Nobody who knows the difference would be fooled. Bootleggers are already making knockoffs with this level of quality anyway.

So I don't think this is a big problem. I'd say that having a 3D thumbnail is only slightly better than having good photos from all angles, and in some ways maybe less useful. It saves 3D noobs time in the beginning stages of modeling, and someone who is highly skilled at modeling doesn't really need it.
User avatar
TheOtherDude
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:10 pm
Gender: M straight w/vag envy
Location: Germany

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby TheOtherDude » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:52 am

I think BD decided it wasn't dangerous enough to not do it.

Consider this - the website 3D models are much less complex (also to reduce load time), much less detail than the real deal. Also, for penetrables, the website models do not include the geometry of the inside canal at all.
Cosmic Nebula & Infinity Star
Worshipper of shiny space horse dick
19 pegs / 6 holes / stash of merch & misc

► Show Spoiler
User avatar
spiralcatfox
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:08 pm
Gender: I'm a nonbinary weenie

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby spiralcatfox » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:01 am

Featherystorm wrote:
Grimly Fiendish wrote:There are probably some important and technical steps in between having a 3D thumbnail, and turning that into a toy. Having a 3D thumbnail might save you a day's time in 3D modeling, I'd guess. It doesn't mean you can print a useable model to make a mold from. It's missing too much data to make a smooth and useable print, I'd guess.

I don't have enough experience with 3D modeling (and no experience with 3D printing) to be certain, but I believe your concern is a little bit unwarranted. If you have the ability to turn a model into a reproducible toy, you probably don't need a 3D thumbnail that badly, to get started. Anybody with advanced 3D modeling skills can probably make a pretty good 3D model of most toys already. People without advanced 3D modeling skills probably can't do much with the models BD posted.

I could be wrong... anybody with 3D modeling and printing experience who can make a comment?


You need a full 3D model to print anything really. A thumbnail won't print on 3D printers because they either use OBJ, STL, VRML, Ect. So unless you know how to 3D model, you're pretty much shit out of luck printing anything. So yeah they could possibly make a model from the 3D thumbnails but not from the thumbnails themselves.


Thanks for the clarification! :smilenox:
User avatar
Phelvia
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:01 am
Gender: I sexually identify as an attack helicopter

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Phelvia » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:10 am

Ghost_the_Crow wrote:
Phelvia wrote:
Ghost_the_Crow wrote:Anyone knows if a medium Bumblehooves in soft is still firm enough for anal? Guess it should be but I wanted to hear others opinion.


I think it is, I have a medium bumblehooves in soft. Its also a thicker toy so it kinda feels like just a little softer medium.


Thanks for the reply, I will consider it.
I already thought the thickness would make up for that but since I have a medium/medium Chance which already is kinda floppy to insert I wanted to confirm how soft would work


Hmm...to be fair, chance is also longer and thinner than Bumblehooves. I can't really vouch on using Chance and being floppy because I don't have one but since Bumble is kinda...the same length over all he could be more stable? :psyduck:
User avatar
Ghost_the_Crow
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:53 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:41 am

Phelvia wrote:
Ghost_the_Crow wrote:
Phelvia wrote:
I think it is, I have a medium bumblehooves in soft. Its also a thicker toy so it kinda feels like just a little softer medium.


Thanks for the reply, I will consider it.
I already thought the thickness would make up for that but since I have a medium/medium Chance which already is kinda floppy to insert I wanted to confirm how soft would work


Hmm...to be fair, chance is also longer and thinner than Bumblehooves. I can't really vouch on using Chance and being floppy because I don't have one but since Bumble is kinda...the same length over all he could be more stable? :psyduck:


Yea I just compared the size charts (don’t have the tool on mobile :unamused: ) and medium Bumble is definately thicker than medium Chance which already feels quite firm in use (time went by, can’t remember that well though)
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
User avatar
CakeLurker
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 am

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby CakeLurker » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:46 am

Has anyone used any toys for DVP before? I'm thinking of getting 2 konas for it but not sure if chafing or toys rubbing against each other is a good thing.

I tried it with a echo and sleipnir once (ow) and noticed how...unmoveable they were since they were in different firmnesses (firm & soft). I'm hoping for a smoother experience if I got two soft toys with the same shape but now I don't really know.
User avatar
Villie
Posts: 1159
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:09 pm
Gender: Bisexual Pusséy

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Villie » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:01 am

CakeLurker wrote:Has anyone used any toys for DVP before? I'm thinking of getting 2 konas for it but not sure if chafing or toys rubbing against each other is a good thing.

I tried it with a echo and sleipnir once (ow) and noticed how...unmoveable they were since they were in different firmnesses (firm & soft). I'm hoping for a smoother experience if I got two soft toys with the same shape but now I don't really know.

I have two medium 3 glyphs and managed to get both of them partially in, and it's interesting! Some wiggling around of both so it's tricky, but an interesting sensation.

There's also toys like Bruce, which a lot of people will use to insert both shafts into one hole, so it's definitely doable haha.
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
User avatar
CakeLurker
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 am

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby CakeLurker » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:12 pm

Villie wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:Has anyone used any toys for DVP before? I'm thinking of getting 2 konas for it but not sure if chafing or toys rubbing against each other is a good thing.

I tried it with a echo and sleipnir once (ow) and noticed how...unmoveable they were since they were in different firmnesses (firm & soft). I'm hoping for a smoother experience if I got two soft toys with the same shape but now I don't really know.

I have two medium 3 glyphs and managed to get both of them partially in, and it's interesting! Some wiggling around of both so it's tricky, but an interesting sensation.

There's also toys like Bruce, which a lot of people will use to insert both shafts into one hole, so it's definitely doable haha.

Two mediums? Lucky! I'm too tiny for that. Anyway I know the konas are doable but idk if silicone rubbing on silicone would do damage over time or not due to friction being different from silicone on flesh action. Maybe im being paranoid but idk i just dont want anymore bad stuff happening to my collection

Edit: slight edit because phone
User avatar
Villie
Posts: 1159
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:09 pm
Gender: Bisexual Pusséy

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Villie » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:34 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
Villie wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:Has anyone used any toys for DVP before? I'm thinking of getting 2 konas for it but not sure if chafing or toys rubbing against each other is a good thing.

I tried it with a echo and sleipnir once (ow) and noticed how...unmoveable they were since they were in different firmnesses (firm & soft). I'm hoping for a smoother experience if I got two soft toys with the same shape but now I don't really know.

I have two medium 3 glyphs and managed to get both of them partially in, and it's interesting! Some wiggling around of both so it's tricky, but an interesting sensation.

There's also toys like Bruce, which a lot of people will use to insert both shafts into one hole, so it's definitely doable haha.

Two mediums? Lucky! I'm too tiny for that. Anyway I know the konas are doable but idk if silicone rubbing on silicone would do damage over time or not due to friction being different from silicone on flesh action. Maybe im being paranoid but idk i just dont want anymore bad stuff happening to my collection

Edit: slight edit because phone

If silicone shouldn't rub against silicone, they would've never made Bruce haha. His intended purpose is for his shafts to be pressed together in use, and thus theyd wiggle and rub against eachother.
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
User avatar
CakeLurker
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 am

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby CakeLurker » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 pm

Villie wrote:If silicone shouldn't rub against silicone, they would've never made Bruce haha. His intended purpose is for his shafts to be pressed together in use, and thus theyd wiggle and rub against eachother.

Is it? :bugeyed: I didn't think its shafts were that flexible to do that. I always thought it was a toy meant for one hole each, whether it be for sharing with a partner or just having one shaft in the vagina and one in the bum.

I would get it but if I recall the measurements correctly it's too long for me and might have too much texture for me to handle. But if it was really made for DVP or DAP then that's a pretty good point then and I shouldn't worry too much, so thank you :misc2: :smilenox:
User avatar
Villie
Posts: 1159
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:09 pm
Gender: Bisexual Pusséy

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Villie » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:51 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
Villie wrote:If silicone shouldn't rub against silicone, they would've never made Bruce haha. His intended purpose is for his shafts to be pressed together in use, and thus theyd wiggle and rub against eachother.

Is it? :bugeyed: I didn't think its shafts were that flexible to do that. I always thought it was a toy meant for one hole each, whether it be for sharing with a partner or just having one shaft in the vagina and one in the bum.

I would get it but if I recall the measurements correctly it's too long for me and might have too much texture for me to handle. But if it was really made for DVP or DAP then that's a pretty good point then and I shouldn't worry too much, so thank you :misc2: :smilenox:

Yeah they described the shafts as being shaped in a way to "lock" into eachother to become one shaft, to be used in one hole haha. Of course they didn't actually Lock into eachother, but they did look like one bigger dick when pressed against eachother!

20150708_194227.jpg
20150708_194227.jpg (25.06 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
Last edited by Villie on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
User avatar
Grimly Fiendish
Posts: 898
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 11:07 pm
Location: Ogresville

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:53 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Well, with a little smoothing, they look usable enough to me.
https://i.imgur.com/qY0bs3Q.jpg

also you are misunderstanding. I'm not "concerned". I literally don't care in that matter. I just think it's silly there was a huff about knock offs n such a few months ago and they did something like this which made it incredibly easy to get a decent model of their toy. For simpler designs like cole and diego, it would take little to no adjustment to the 3D model to put those details back in. in fact...I'm going to play with them lol


1. Print 3D thumbnail
2. ???
3. Profits
User avatar
CakeLurker
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 am

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby CakeLurker » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:11 pm

Villie wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:
Villie wrote:If silicone shouldn't rub against silicone, they would've never made Bruce haha. His intended purpose is for his shafts to be pressed together in use, and thus theyd wiggle and rub against eachother.

Is it? :bugeyed: I didn't think its shafts were that flexible to do that. I always thought it was a toy meant for one hole each, whether it be for sharing with a partner or just having one shaft in the vagina and one in the bum.

I would get it but if I recall the measurements correctly it's too long for me and might have too much texture for me to handle. But if it was really made for DVP or DAP then that's a pretty good point then and I shouldn't worry too much, so thank you :misc2: :smilenox:

Yeah they described the shafts as being shaped in a way to "lock" into eachother to become one shaft, to be used in one hole haha. Of course they didn't actually Lock into eachother, but they did look like one bigger dick when pressed against eachother!

20150708_194227.jpg

This is what happens after like... NEVER seeing the original product page and thus description and the like. Ever. The only images I've seen Bruce was always when he's in a V formation, in which the dicks are just... trying to stay away from each other so I never knew they could come together like that until this point lol

That bruce looks super nice though. Too bad they don't actually lock, but that'll be cool though :smilenox:
User avatar
DaedraQueen
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:59 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby DaedraQueen » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:15 pm

Villie wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:
Villie wrote:If silicone shouldn't rub against silicone, they would've never made Bruce haha. His intended purpose is for his shafts to be pressed together in use, and thus theyd wiggle and rub against eachother.

Is it? :bugeyed: I didn't think its shafts were that flexible to do that. I always thought it was a toy meant for one hole each, whether it be for sharing with a partner or just having one shaft in the vagina and one in the bum.

I would get it but if I recall the measurements correctly it's too long for me and might have too much texture for me to handle. But if it was really made for DVP or DAP then that's a pretty good point then and I shouldn't worry too much, so thank you :misc2: :smilenox:

Yeah they described the shafts as being shaped in a way to "lock" into eachother to become one shaft, to be used in one hole haha. Of course they didn't actually Lock into eachother, but they did look like one bigger dick when pressed against eachother!

20150708_194227.jpg


This pic just makes me :excited: i want a bruce so bad it hurts ♡
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade


❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
User avatar
spiralcatfox
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:08 pm
Gender: I'm a nonbinary weenie

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby spiralcatfox » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:48 pm

DaedraQueen wrote:
Villie wrote:
CakeLurker wrote:Is it? :bugeyed: I didn't think its shafts were that flexible to do that. I always thought it was a toy meant for one hole each, whether it be for sharing with a partner or just having one shaft in the vagina and one in the bum.

I would get it but if I recall the measurements correctly it's too long for me and might have too much texture for me to handle. But if it was really made for DVP or DAP then that's a pretty good point then and I shouldn't worry too much, so thank you :misc2: :smilenox:

Yeah they described the shafts as being shaped in a way to "lock" into eachother to become one shaft, to be used in one hole haha. Of course they didn't actually Lock into eachother, but they did look like one bigger dick when pressed against eachother!

20150708_194227.jpg


This pic just makes me :excited: i want a bruce so bad it hurts ♡


Bruce was notoriously hard to wrangle in order to get the two shafts to lock together in use though (cause your hands would be covered in lube and all)...its probably why BD came up with Bruce's Portside for folks who didn't want to deal with all the hassle of dual weilding shark dicks :widesmile:
User avatar
Lipton
Posts: 747
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:24 am
Gender: Male
Location: Germany

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Lipton » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:52 pm

I never got both in because it was floppy, everywhere was lube and the base slided around... Might be easier to use it Vaginal and Anal instead of 2 in one hole
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
User avatar
Tennie711
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:34 pm
Gender: Female

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby Tennie711 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:32 am

:bugeyed: Oh my goodness, I’ve always thought Bruce was a double penetration toy! I remember seeing a character picture of him rubbing his shafts together and they were horizontal and I honestly thought: “Oh, so it’s like you’re sissoring a shark, they’re adding different position play into they’re characters, how cool!!” Now I just feel like an idiot.. :misc6: :doh:
"I'd rather HAVE it and not need it than NEED it and not have it."
User avatar
LittleRedVixen
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:47 am
Gender: female
Location: Germany

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby LittleRedVixen » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:08 am

I have never seen Bruce as a toy I want but know.. I suddenly need him in my life :widesmile:
"Does running out of f*cks count as cardio?"

ImageImage
User avatar
spiralcatfox
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:08 pm
Gender: I'm a nonbinary weenie

Re: /Bad Dragon General/

Postby spiralcatfox » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:08 am

LittleRedVixen wrote:I have never seen Bruce as a toy I want but know.. I suddenly need him in my life :widesmile:


Bruce and his Portside tend to appear (from the briny depths) during shark week, sometime in june (or july?)

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests