Custom Color Discussion

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
meatloaf

Re: Custom Color Discussion

Postby meatloaf » Fri May 04, 2018 2:23 pm

katze wrote:
meatloaf wrote:Coal black looks fitting.. eehhe
thank you !!

No problem! :^) What model are you thinking for Venom?? Pretzal would be a cool choice.

i was thinking medium flint, ive been looking for a black medium flint for over 5 months on reddit and secondhand sales posts but nothing, i ended up buying a 'medium' black flint which turned out to be a small, im tired of waiting for one to pop up so i was going to order a custom but why order a bland custom when i can get a kick to it, wanted to see if BD would release a coloration for the new Venom premiere but so far nothing.

i had a small and large pretzal at some point but it just doesn't work with me :(
i seem to like short but girthy models so i would consider Medium Xar or Medium pearce ( i had a large pearce and i loved it but i want to enjoy all my other toys too..)

Might as well just get my Flint ive been craving so much for !
:misc11: GIRTH-O-HOLIC :misc12:

WTB:
Bruce

Mr Hankeys:
Medium El rey in tan with balls

Msg me if you see any of my toys that may interest you for future sale reference :0 )
katze

Postby katze » Fri May 04, 2018 2:33 pm

meatloaf wrote:
i was thinking medium flint, ive been looking for a black medium flint for over 5 months on reddit and secondhand sales posts but nothing, i ended up buying a 'medium' black flint which turned out to be a small, im tired of waiting for one to pop up so i was going to order a custom but why order a bland custom when i can get a kick to it, wanted to see if BD would release a coloration for the new Venom premiere but so far nothing.

i had a small and large pretzal at some point but it just doesn't work with me :(
i seem to like short but girthy models so i would consider Medium Xar or Medium pearce ( i had a large pearce and i loved it but i want to enjoy all my other toys too..)

Might as well just get my Flint ive been craving so much for !

Flint would work nice!! Also, they usually do movie color releases when the movie actually releases. Venom comes out October 5th, so if they did decide to do a color for it, it would be around then.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Sun May 13, 2018 9:34 pm

Just gonna throw these ideas out here. If anyone likes it feel free to use em!

I was thinking of these pours on Hanns. I still need one at some point.

Teal from blue skink's (dragon tongue signature) fade plus onyx with silver dazzle as a pridestreak. Halloween black base. Aqua gitd highlight.

Also on Hanns.
Zaratan's Natural dark green for the base. Fade of violet to butterfly yellow at the tip.

Kinda wondering if BD will still do Jester's Queen (either variant) as well.

Edit; Hanns in Slasher Silver is now something I wanna see
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun May 20, 2018 5:58 pm

Lenneth (Ridgeback) is the last BD toy on my list at the moment. I can see from his page that he still supports fades and such. I'm trying to decide if I want to go for a custom or pick a fade or marble that's already set. I really like the signature fade of the Demogorgon; that orange to green fade is pretty neat. The ridges shape would make highlights look pretty great as well. I also like the new signature marble for Bumble Hooves, but purple and gold are also my high school colors and I'm too sure how I feel about that, lol. I've been leaning towards something orange, but I don't know. Any ideas?
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
sendart

Postby sendart » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Does BD have a metallic pink color, and do they do metallic marbles? Thinking about getting a small Pearce with either a blossom or metallic pink marbled with another metallic color, probably gold. As an alternative idea how well would a dazzle work with Pearce's natural?

Does anyone have good pics of Pearce's natural? Hard to tell how bright it really is, but If its light enough it might be cute even by itself.
Fae Fantase

Postby Fae Fantase » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:25 pm

sendart wrote:Does BD have a metallic pink color, and do they do metallic marbles? Thinking about getting a small Pearce with either a blossom or metallic pink marbled with another metallic color, probably gold. As an alternative idea how well would a dazzle work with Pearce's natural?

Does anyone have good pics of Pearce's natural? Hard to tell how bright it really is, but If its light enough it might be cute even by itself.

There's Blossom Pink, Watermelon, for metallic/pearl pinks that I know of =-). You could ticket asking if they can do BD Pink, BubbleGum, Cherry Blossom, Peach in metallic/pearlescent I'm not sure if they'll do it since the custom color cuts.
I've sold toys to over 17 different homes.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:25 am

OMG astral should be on everything!!!!!!!
DSC05855.jpg
DSC05856.jpg
DSC05857.jpg
DSC05858.jpg
DSC05859.jpg
DSC05860.jpg
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:59 pm

lizardbreath wrote:OMG astral should be on everything!!!!!!!
DSC05859.jpg
DSC05860.jpg

Was that a adopt or custom?
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:01 am

Phelvia wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:OMG astral should be on everything!!!!!!!
DSC05859.jpg
DSC05860.jpg

Was that a adopt or custom?

Custom!

Plotting a Hanns in it now :widesmile:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:50 am

Still been thinking of getting a toy in Onyx with a metallic gold, kinda similar gold from the Egg plug. Marbled how Turquoise Legacy was done.
Just trying to find a toy now haha, thinking a Fenrir but not sure hmmm
spiralcatfox

Postby spiralcatfox » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi there, first time question asker on this board;

Im kinda stuck on the fence on a couple of things:

I wanted to ask/know if CS would allow the addition of pearlescent shimmer to a gitd color/specialty color. I want to order a medium Xar in Guardian Blue, but the newer version of GB is really boring/one dimensional to look at. Or would I have to order the legacy Guardian Blue?

And, what the difference between shimmer and dazzle on a toy? Is it the size of the particle of glitter?
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:12 am

I'm stuck on a custom idea for Crackers.

What I know;
-I want the shaft to be metallic
-it to have a white highlight
-a different color base
-I don't really want to get a marbled shaft because it detracts the details/general idea I'm going for.

Any ideas?

Mine so far have been (all with the highlight);

~Cyan and purple fade from cosmic nebula shaft with a black gold base

~Split Midnight Forest

~Halloween black shaft with Tyrant (black and glowing blue) base *the one I'm currently thinking of doing.

~That dark silver blue in Axel's signature for the shaft with a progenitor purple base.

spiralcatfox wrote:Hi there, first time question asker on this board;

I wanted to ask/know if CS would allow the addition of pearlescent shimmer to a gitd color/specialty color. I want to order a medium Xar in Guardian Blue, but the newer version of GB is really boring/one dimensional to look at. Or would I have to order the legacy Guardian Blue?

And, what the difference between shimmer and dazzle on a toy? Is it the size of the particle of glitter?

I asked like 3 months ago when I was shooting ideas for a custom Xar with (originally) a Starlight shaft with gold dazzle. The reply was along the lines of "we can't alter GITD colors at all" so pretty much what you see as a glowing option is what you can get.

I think shimmer is more like what's in colors like Jupiter? And dazzle is the glitter? I don't know this one but it sounds like the size is what is different
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:41 pm

spiralcatfox wrote:what the difference between shimmer and dazzle on a toy? Is it the size of the particle of glitter?

I think shimmer is cosmetic mica (a pulverized mineral, I guess they can dye it too) and dazzle is glitter, but I don't know what material is made of.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
spiralcatfox

Postby spiralcatfox » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:03 pm

Phelvia wrote:
spiralcatfox wrote:Hi there, first time question asker on this board;

I asked like 3 months ago when I was shooting ideas for a custom Xar with (originally) a Starlight shaft with gold dazzle. The reply was along the lines of "we can't alter GITD colors at all" so pretty much what you see as a glowing option is what you can get.

I think shimmer is more like what's in colors like Jupiter? And dazzle is the glitter? I don't know this one but it sounds like the size is what is different

Fuck; guess I'll wait for the Year in Review sale and hope that legacy Guardian Blue shows up D|
Lavenderender

Postby Lavenderender » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:21 am

If I like my new toys I'm planning on ordering a custom medium Nova. I want to get it in a split fade of magenta to indigo or midnight, with a night sky base. I want the colors to be metallic and with silver dazzle throughout. And then, as the grand finalé, aqua spooky seconds :misc2: :widesmile:

But that's a $50 custom :surprised: what if I end up not liking the toy? I'm planning years ahead but still.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:57 pm

general note on customs:

do NOT bitch CS out if they say no to a custom!!!!

ask for options
prepare for disappointment

but
do
not
bitch
out
cs
Pretzal queen!!
[
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:40 pm

lizardbreath wrote:general note on customs:

ask for options

but
do
not
bitch
out
cs

OMG I can't imagine anyone doing that. Customer service has always been super helpful, even when they told me they couldn't do something. If they can't do your request, ask if they can make suggestions or help brainstorm other ideas that would work with your theme.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:45 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:
lizardbreath wrote:general note on customs:

ask for options

but
do
not
bitch
out
cs

OMG I can't imagine anyone doing that. Customer service has always been super helpful, even when they told me they couldn't do something. If they can't do your request, ask if they can make suggestions or help brainstorm other ideas that would work with your theme.

ugh

sadly I've heard (read) people crowing and patting themselves on the back for "putting CS in their place"

happily, not THAT recently

(my hope is that they were lying through their teeth)
Pretzal queen!!
[
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:17 pm

updated gitd list in gallery :stick:
Pretzal queen!!
[
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:37 pm

lizardbreath wrote:updated gitd list in gallery :stick:

Just a quick clarification; is it possible to marble something with...say the black part that's the GITD Resident Pleasure color with...i dunno, the pink from Jesters Queen? Or it is strictly "can only use these colors in it's preset fashion"?

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”