How many users are still here?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Phelvia

How many users are still here?

Postby Phelvia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:19 pm

Just kind of curious because I used to be here every day because, well, new posts all the time. But obviously since less posts are here now and there's very rarely users chatting anymore I just wanted to know who was actually still here I guess?
Ghost_the_Crow

Re: How many users are still here?

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:27 pm

I was wondering about the lack of new posts too, or at least those topics that I frequently read.

Well, I don’t have that much to say so that’s the reason I’m not posting much.
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
Smolbean

Postby Smolbean » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:15 pm

I'm new here, and I check every few days. I'm mostly on the discord servers now.
Padre

Postby Padre » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:17 pm

//weakly raises hand from the far back rows
—German|Artist|Bisexual—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Bruce|Zaratan|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
Noll

Postby Noll » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:38 pm

I'm here too!

I'm tempted to post more but I feel like I'm going to overflow the forums, so, yeah, I try to abstain. I'd love to see more activity on this forum, though.
List of toys owned in profile.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:34 pm

I bounce between here, DH and DM.

but like Ghost_the_Crow i dont have much to say either. Unless there is something to react to.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:25 pm

I'm not sure of the exact reasoning but it seems like the sale threads were what were the last bits of string holding this (dying) forum together. Once that got kicked i noticed a gradual dwindling to this.

What caused it to die...I feel like a combination of lack of forum publicity (when it quit showing up on searches and when the link got kicked off the BD site), most people that kept it active seem to have got their collections or just lost interest here regarding toys? Maybe with the irritation over the "big changes" put people off coming here...I dunno I'm just speculating.

Well...I just want everyone here to know I enjoyed being here and talking with or seeing all the chat going on back then. I dunno if I ever talked to you guys but you all were a fun group that encouraged me to buy BD stuff.

Though I more collect these than use them (like 80% collect) I still was happy to post pictures or talk about this hobby. I have a weird dynamic with these toys, I see them more as pretty....weird art pieces than sex toys and if it wasn't for the forums which let me just...be excited over colorful pours and the designs of certain toys instead of how they feel in use I definitely don't think I'd have felt as comfortable buying or coming here. (I know I'm weird, yes these are sex toys meant to be used but...I dunno)

To the people I wound up upsetting with some of my posts, I apologize, I have no ill intent toward any user here.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:54 pm

I mostly just lurk nowadays, but I visit the forums pretty often. It's just habit to have a tab open for it!

It'll be interesting to see what the fate of the forums is. I really appreciate all the time and experiences I've shared with other people here! Recently it's mostly just been talking about D&D stuff with a couple of people, since I haven't been making any BD purchases. I think I mostly have everything I want, especially seeing that I hardly toy these days. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've used a BD toy in the past six months, so I really shouldn't be adding more to my box.

I think a good portion of the veteran users are also in the same boat- collections mostly full, dick funds drying out, interest moving to different parts of the hobby.
ImageImage
Grigori

Postby Grigori » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Phelvia wrote: :words:

half sounds like a goodbye post?

I've been here quite often lately, partly because I'm super excited with my purchases form last year sales, partly because I'm super busy and it is a quick procrastination tool (good side of the lack of activity here).

I had a look at DragonMoor and Dragon-Hoard, but wasn't compelled to sign up there. Maybe I'll have a look into Discord later...

I really wish the forums were on the main site again, and btw, just searched for it on google and it is not showing up, first occurrence is asking if it is down :psyduck:

Besides what is already mentioned, Idk how it was before 2016 when I joined, but a lack of community management from BD itself is a bit disappointing... It is standard to companies today to interact and hype their public about their products. Just look at BD twitter versus MrHankey's twitter. BD just seems like a flow of announcements, MHT is often retweeting artists posts, people posting reviews and how excited they are with their products.

I'm not much of starting conversations, but I do have one or two topics I might post eventually when I'm less strained by life.
FoxyCatZaam

Postby FoxyCatZaam » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:46 pm

I still pop in and check this forum, I miss how it was when it was busier. I like the forum format wayyyy more than the other stuff being used now like reddit or discord. I pop onto Dragon Moor a lot now too, but it's pretty quiet as well. Dragon Hoard seems even quieter!

I'm not a big post-er though, never have been.
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:34 am

I'm still around and just here, never ventured out to the other places. From me I just talk much now, except when I want to moan but I try to do that less now. I think I've been more sad than irritated lately.
I do follow the BD twitter just for the updates and that, whenever there is a drop and such.
At the moment it's just waiting on the Christmas colour order and saving up for the next toy, not much to talk about when sitting around waiting.
Azareus

Postby Azareus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:03 am

Very much a lurker but I've stuck around since I joined. I'm just more of a reader than a poster. I'll show up every day or two, catch up with the posts since I was last on and retreat back into the shadows.
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:28 am

Still asking myself why I haven't deleted this forum from my Favorites. It's a habit to check here once a while I guess.
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
Dracon Ra

Postby Dracon Ra » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:34 am

Like some of the others, I do check the forums daily, but I don’t have much to say.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:57 pm

I check here regularly, because I really appreciate the sex-positive tone of the forum, and I'm still interested in discussing BD toys.

It's too bad that BD doesn't value the forums more (although they do support it, by hosting it in the first place!) After seeing how Tumblr has been decimated (no more adult content...!) it is clear that there is value in a company controlling their own social media assets. The Bad Dragon sub-Reddit is going strong, but that can always be taken away. And the format here (a searchable database) is invaluable. Reddit is not searchable (as far as I know, at least not in the same way). I consider the forum to be a knowledge base for users, with some of the information coming in "journal" format (reviews of toys "in use" etc). I still research color options here, for example.

If you want to see more posts, then please make more posts or reply to more posts. Lack of activity is contagious, if a new member sees no new activity there's no incentive to post new questions. Activity spurs more activity. However, the "forum" format seems to be less popular in general (no matter what the topic). I've noticed less traffic on all the other forums I visit. I don't know if the forum will ever be as popular as it used to be.

I'm glad that the saltiest members have moved on, that's been one positive development. If you dislike Bad Dragon, there's no reason to be here.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:57 am

I am mostly on DM but check here once a week or so. There really doesn't seem to be much to say or to talk about over here, really.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Willow

Postby Willow » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:29 am

Still here, but barely. I've been active on here since 2010... I even remember Runa. Through 2 relationships, 4 moves, 1 cat... and it's always been here. I liked it, there was a community and even the mods and admins popped in and posted now and then. Treated us with respect... like family not cash cows.
What killed it... or at least started it was their decision to shut it down. There were still plenty of people here and they got quite the backlash, more than they expected. Going so far as the remove the link from the main page.
They relented, but the damage had been done. Rather then completely obliterate the forums... they chip away and it eventually dies of "natural causes". They know this.
...it just got too big. Too corporate. And forget who their base were and went mainstream and "streamlined". Yeah, I know gotta make that money... but we felt like were being used. Means to an end. We valued you, we trusted you... and the you willingly forgot us. Big middle finger. See you, wouldn't want to be you.

I post every now and then, but I don't see much point.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
SweetieKat

Postby SweetieKat » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:29 am

I still check the forums and occasionally comment, but honestly personal life crap has kept me from being as active on any forums or from making purchases for a long while, so I don’t have as much to talk about anyway.

I really should make an effort to be more active, here and on DM and DH; for years the BD forum was my favorite place to be when I was first discovering the wonderful world of fantasy dildos and figuring out what I really liked sexually. I loved feeling like I belonged.
:misc1: :nerdy: Toy list in my profile, I've done a few reviews. Current Favorites: Royal Dragon, Terra
Dragonfire

Postby Dragonfire » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:37 am

I'm here, but I'm mostly a lurker. I don't post much and didn't tend to even when the forums were more active. I haven't bought anything recently since I either haven't been interested in the models or I haven't been able to get any them in any colors that I like since I'm pretty much limited to the mini sizes, and BD has really chopped down color options on those. So for that reason too I really haven't had much to post about. Still, I always checked in daily and I miss having new posts to read every day.
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:56 am

I'm here too, whenever I can. I try to post but don't have much to say. As some of you already said since theres no buy/sell section, being hidden from google and they changing the forum link for Reddit... since then the subreddit has tripled their suscribers. Also with DragonMoor most of the new people switch this forum for it or directly go there. The community still active, but with so many options it seems that there is less activity, and the most perjudicated has been this forum. It's unfair especially considering the amount of information that has been gathered here over the years. I'd like do something to save it, but I think it is not on our hands. (I have to say too that counting only the discussion threads, and not WTB/WTS the ammount of threads it's not much different of the other forums, it's more like we all here are mostly old users with no new topics to talk about :misc6: :laugh: )
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”