The "Bad Mood" thread

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
CakeLurker

Re: The "Bad Mood" thread

Postby CakeLurker » Thu May 24, 2018 10:44 pm

Gruvian wrote: :words:

A few things to think about: How long did it take for her to share her troubles to you after you've met her (it's a big red flag for people to disclose personal drama within a short timeframe after meeting someone)? And, how did she react whenever you needed a shoulder to lean on? Did she suddenly become afk, or noticeably less chatty and gave one-word, or emoji-only messages whenever you're feeling down?

I would think about that before you start kicking yourself.

And ultimately: It takes a lot to cut off someone after sharing troubles, talked to them for several weeks, and actually be close to them. If it's that easy for her to hit the "block button", then that's an indication that she wasn't feeling as close and the relationship was really one-sided.

The problem's not you, buddy. It's her. Sorry she wasted your time. :misc6: :nerdy:
DelilahdaDirtyDork
Gender: Maybe a male pretending to be a girl on the net cus ashamed of his pervy interests.

Postby DelilahdaDirtyDork » Mon May 28, 2018 10:17 pm

Dear god I need to get on my feet and out of my parents house, cause I swear I'll either gonna be murdered or die from a panic attack thanks to those 2 yahoos.

It's hot out. Like really really hot. My dad wanted his phone charged but the power strip is wedged in the middle of far back side of the bed where I can not reach and I'm not as little as I used to be to crawl under there plus it's too hot drag my bell cross our fuzzy carpet. So he says he'd go with out and I didn't think much of it. (OH was THAT a deadly mistake on my part.)

Next thing I know BAM BAM THUD! Mom bashes on my door, nearly giving me a heart attack myself, & then yells at ME because my idiot Dad decided to move the bed on his own, keep mind he's had chest surgery a few times (Not recently mind you but in the past) so he shouldn't be moving that kind of stuff. Apparently I had insulted the gods for not bending over backwards to help him To prevent my stubborn/idiotic/OCD father from doing something stupid that I had no idea he was going to do. It was NOT because I wasn't willing to help as they so misinterpret it was because I assumed MY ROLE was done. I didn't think to move the bed and he didn't ask me!

Now I realize of course My mother is probably more upset & was terrified at the fact that her husband did something so stupid. And Hopefully I can explain to her tomorrow that my error was not done out malice or laziness. But even so, I'm feeling very much a like a whipping boy because...well We all suffer from depression and my dad more so to the point of needing meds, so because of that He's becoming a lot more OCD in his desperate attempt to keep what little power he has.

The dude is very stubborn and prideful and both sensitive of his feelings (yet ironically can be very intensive to others)and I have to constantly kowtow to him because not only his my dad but he is the guy who hasn't thrown me out of the house as I should be on my own by now. But it's really hard to respect person who does not respect you, and it's not just me. He didn't have a lot of confidence and didn't expect my older brother would amount to anything, ironically he's the most successful of his 3 kids. (which is no doubt sparking jealously I imagine since I am too a little.)

I don't know what I'm gonna do but I gotta sort this on more permanent bases eventually cause the s*** can't continue. The problem for me is the job market is terrible. It's either some kind of medical office job, crazy call centers, or retail. I thought about going to college but if I do I need to make it a solid commitment to finish otherwise I'll be in some serious money trouble has 95% of people who have so much student loan debt is because they didn't finish. But collage is rock and hard place in of itself! It's either stuff I have no interest in doing, stuff that wouldn't be of any help to me at all, or something I would like maybe...chances are won't help much. With 3rd option being that I'll get a college degree in something I like...but it's absolutely useless in terms of practicality so I'm back to square 1. :doh: :psyduck:
^.^ v . v <.< >.> >.< <.> ^. v v .^ I'm a chameleon!
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:42 am

There are some unpleasant trends in the second hand sites.

"oooooo you really really want this but you wouldn't trade with me so I'm going to buy it so you won't have it! "

And low balling
Insulting low balling
Seriously, if you don't like the price don't buy it! Especially if the post says "no negotiation"
And dont be an ass about it!

Ugh

I haven't personally been hit
But at least one friend has and I am livid on their behalf

Dragonmoor seems to be the calmest. But not very busy.
Some raging assholes on dragonhoard. Good luck to the mods there.
Reddit is, by nature, a dumpster fire

Some of the discords are ok. I guess. Haven't gotten the hang of those

Yeah, yeah. It's just a hobby.
We can all use the distraction though

Sigh
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
selling at dragonmoor.com
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:04 am

Does anyone really, honestly feel like headbutting their computer screens when reading the news these days? Because I do. And some people on my social media give completely new meanings to "toxic." But I'm obliged to be FB friends because we're close relatives. Seeing their posts nestled in what would be a jolly jaunt through friends' thoughts and puppy videos ruins everything.
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:54 am

Tallon wrote:Does anyone really, honestly feel like headbutting their computer screens when reading the news these days? Because I do. And some people on my social media give completely new meanings to "toxic." But I'm obliged to be FB friends because we're close relatives. Seeing their posts nestled in what would be a jolly jaunt through friends' thoughts and puppy videos ruins everything.

Just because you feel obligated to be FB friends doesn't mean you have to follow them! I have several relatives on Snooze (it'll stop showing them for 30 days on my news feed) or just plain old Unfollowed. But we're still friends in the sense that you can look them up and whatnot :) Doesn't stop them from commenting/liking your posts or posting on your wall, though. That might have to be a separate conversation >__>
ImageImage
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:20 am

Jasmine wrote:
Tallon wrote:Does anyone really, honestly feel like headbutting their computer screens when reading the news these days? Because I do. And some people on my social media give completely new meanings to "toxic." But I'm obliged to be FB friends because we're close relatives. Seeing their posts nestled in what would be a jolly jaunt through friends' thoughts and puppy videos ruins everything.

Just because you feel obligated to be FB friends doesn't mean you have to follow them! I have several relatives on Snooze (it'll stop showing them for 30 days on my news feed) or just plain old Unfollowed. But we're still friends in the sense that you can look them up and whatnot :) Doesn't stop them from commenting/liking your posts or posting on your wall, though. That might have to be a separate conversation >__>

You can change it in the timeline settings (it's that or somewhere else in settings, possibly from your profile page, but I can't quite remember how I did it since it's been a few years now) so that whoever you want, even if you're friends, can't see your posts. I'm friends with my mom on Facebook and I have it so she can't see what I post, mainly because she insists on liking everything I post and commenting on pretty much everything and the notifications are highly annoying. That said, family didn't stop me from blocking one of my uncles on there.
30/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Shadow_Twisted

Postby Shadow_Twisted » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:44 pm

It's been a long time since I've posted, but I was actually just so fed up and exhausted at one point that I was actually teetering on the edge of a full-on breakdown.

I understand that sometimes when people place an order for multiple items, the package ships out and then they claim that they didn't receive part of it because they are trying to scam the company. However, when there's a whole trail of documentation showing a paid-in-full order for 2 phones, and an inexplicable accident where it somehow went through the warehouse as an order for one, how could it be so difficult to believe that the customer actually wants the other product they paid for? This was pretty much my hell for today. It was all the way back on the 3rd when my fiance and I placed an order for new phones through our wireless carrier. The phones we wanted weren't carried at any of the stores, so the store had to place an order for them to be shipped to us. Two days later, we get the package, except only my fiance's phone is inside. Call customer service trying to figure out what happened and am told the warehouse must have run out of stock, but when they get restocked, I should get mine. Follow up almost a week later to see if I can get a better ETA on when I'll get my phone, and they see the phone is back in stock and tell me it should only be another 2 business days, possibly 3 depending on whether or not it gets shipped out that day. Fast forward to today, the latest day of my provided timeline for my phone and it's not here. No one has any tracking info, so I call again. This time, I'm greeted with the most apathetic person I've ever come across in any customer service position and simply get told I only ordered one phone, so of course I only got one phone. So I'm heated and have to have family intervene. They call and find out that somehow, the second phone was showing as order not received, meaning the warehouse never saw a second phone on the order and get told the problem was with the store and we'd have to go talk to them. Drive out to the store (further away than our normal one because we were running errands that day) and then pretty much get in the longest, most drawn out game of phone tag with the carrier's customer service. Everyone was able to see that somehow when it came to the shipping, the order was somehow changed from 2 phones to 1, but no one seemed to think that rather than knowing what exact glitch or issue caused me to not get my phone, that I might actually just want to get my damn phone. It was absolutely ridiculous and it constantly seemed like even though they could see the original order and that it was paid, they wanted me to pay for the phone again.

TL;DR: Wireless carrier seemed to think I wanted to pay for 2 phones and be happy only getting the 1.
Things are looking up.
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:39 am

Don't want to go to my session meeting tomorrow, they want to see how I am/not been to much of sessions.
Well sorry you are far away and refuse to meet halfway and that I hate travel and the location with such passion.
Also been very unwell and stuff, things are going on right now.
I even hate the woman that does the sessions with me as she said something to me after I mentioned about myself and it angered me.
So what if I collect stuff, you don't run my life. You don't tell me what to do, don't tell me to get rid of it all.
Sometimes I think they forget that I'm on the autistic spectrum, collecting is part of many of us.
I remembered I kinda pissed her off a bit because I refused to work with her and she threatend to stop the session.
At least my doctor agrees with how they've been and how they have been so pushy and refusing to meet halfway, I think she is even following them up about it.
Pffff they are supposed to help with my anxiety levels and they believe they can control my meltdowns, which is sometimes an overload thing because the usual autistic ways.
I have tried working with them but I just can't now
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:22 am

I'm going to keep this post alive with personal drama. I mean, I try not to, but online I feel like I can vent. My family in whole has been a downer this Holiday. My mom is really sick and I'm worried about her. (serious kidney disease that she cant afford to pay for.) Some of my friends are now refusing to speak to each other, which renders our D&D campaign null-- which pisses off my spouse who has built a very complex and intricate world for us. Due to corporate shit, my spouse's bonus was cut in half. My spouse's grandma with dementia (I'm sure you've all heard about my ranting about her living with us) is being denied MediCade in her time of need while she is at a stable home that she seems to be comfortable in. My spouse and I are gifting our friends fancy liquor... because everyone please get shitfaced for us this holiday. It's a short solution, but at the time, it seems to work. Merry merry. That includes all of you, BD friends.

Smolder

Postby Smolder » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:43 pm

I had been potentially interested in doing videos of my drawing process, but I figured I should gauge interest first to make sure I wasn’t wasting my time. So i made a poll on my DA asking if people were interested.
I got exactly one response.
It was a no.
Probably roasted myself with that one, but I thought people might be interested. Apparently not.
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:59 am

Writers' block continues, as does computer issues, among many other things. The news makes me want to punch out my screen. Relatives are increasingly revealing themselves to be racist and transphobic while wanting to be freakin' cops. My Diabeetus is getting worse despite my best efforts, but insulin is so very expensive. I'm depressed and lost. I think I need help.

Smolder

Postby Smolder » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:17 pm

Another aggressive, anonymous note left on my door. Supposedly these people can smell my cat’s litterbox??? I keep it clean, no one who has actually been in the apartment has noticed any smell at all. But there assholes are convinced it’s me. Gave it another clean anyways. Contacted management since this is a pattern and i’m starting to get desperate.
After the first occasion I made extra sure it was clean so smells were limited.
After the second occasion i moved the litterbox in case its location was somehow bringing smells to weird places. Apparently it didn’t work.
This was the third occasion and the notes have only gotten meaner. They addressed me by name.... idk how they found that out, I’ve never talked to anyone here :psyduck:
Now I don’t really have anything left to do. I’m honestly hoping I can be let out of the lease so I can get away from these people. I already know where I’m going to move to, was planning on leaving when the lease was up anyway but that’s 5 months or so from now...
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:57 am

Smolder wrote:Another aggressive, anonymous note left on my door. Supposedly these people can smell my cat’s litterbox??? I keep it clean, no one who has actually been in the apartment has noticed any smell at all. But there assholes are convinced it’s me. Gave it another clean anyways. Contacted management since this is a pattern and i’m starting to get desperate.
After the first occasion I made extra sure it was clean so smells were limited.
After the second occasion i moved the litterbox in case its location was somehow bringing smells to weird places. Apparently it didn’t work.
This was the third occasion and the notes have only gotten meaner. They addressed me by name.... idk how they found that out, I’ve never talked to anyone here :psyduck:
Now I don’t really have anything left to do. I’m honestly hoping I can be let out of the lease so I can get away from these people. I already know where I’m going to move to, was planning on leaving when the lease was up anyway but that’s 5 months or so from now...

I know the pain of "bad neighbors" from my experiences in condos, complaining from everything to a single dog bark (a police investigation) to Christmas lights (A fire department investigation). My advice is to put pressure on apartment management. Complain about the complainers. Invite managers to see for themselves. Show them the notes. No guarantees they know the culprits, but if your management cares at all, they'll look into it. If not... report the harassment to the police. Harassment can never be tolerated. Good luck!

Hephaistos

Postby Hephaistos » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:46 am

Can you help me? I don't know what I should do.
So, I thought I would be happier when I start dating someone put the opposite is the case. It's just getting worse. I don't know why, but i seems no matter what I do, afterwards I just feel empty and unhappy. There's nothing left I can think of doing that would bring me joy. I can still enjoy a good meal or playing guitar. but just as soon as I finish eating, I feel exhausted, sad, unsatisfied.
However, I've tried to just always do something, so I don't think about it too much. But it's getting harder every day, finding the motivation to still do something.
I started to panic, because I felt so sad. I got headache and my stomach feels like being stabbed for several hours. This first happend once all 3 weeks. Now it's almost on a daily basis.
I'm not living anymore, sometimes I wake up in middle of the class. I stood up, went to school and spent 2 hours in class actually doing tasks, without even realizing it.
I just can't continue like this.
Crazyguy1990

Postby Crazyguy1990 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:38 am

Been meaning to buy Weezer's Black Album, but the store I usually pick up my music from has had the shipment delayed.
The worst part is, it was supposed to be in today, but there was no stock. :angry:
I have listened to it a couple of times on Spotify, but I just want to get a copy on CD, damn it! :unamused:
28/M/Bi/ Prefers 2 inch diameter, 7 inches long and up.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:47 am

Hephaistos wrote:Can you help me? I don't know what I should do.
So, I thought I would be happier when I start dating someone put the opposite is the case. It's just getting worse. I don't know why, but i seems no matter what I do, afterwards I just feel empty and unhappy. There's nothing left I can think of doing that would bring me joy. I can still enjoy a good meal or playing guitar. but just as soon as I finish eating, I feel exhausted, sad, unsatisfied.
However, I've tried to just always do something, so I don't think about it too much. But it's getting harder every day, finding the motivation to still do something.
I started to panic, because I felt so sad. I got headache and my stomach feels like being stabbed for several hours. This first happend once all 3 weeks. Now it's almost on a daily basis.
I'm not living anymore, sometimes I wake up in middle of the class. I stood up, went to school and spent 2 hours in class actually doing tasks, without even realizing it.
I just can't continue like this.

You need to talk about your mental state to a doctor. If your doctor is the kind belittling mental issues, find another one. It took me years and several psychiatrists to finally find one who took me seriously, asked for some deeper medical tests and diagnosed me with BPD. Mental issues suck because a lot of the so called professionals supposed to help you are really quick to wave you away because "it's all in your head" ( yes it is DUH that's the problem)

Doing stuff or having a hobby to battle depression is always one of the first things people tell you. While it DOES help and can give you some joy in the day, it can also be a problem when people just cram their day full of activity not out of genuine will to do those things but more as a way to try and "not think" about what's going on in their head. A friend of mine has so many hobbies and does so many sports for that very reason, so she doesn't have to stop and face the actual emptiness she feels inside. There is only so long suck a trick can actually work before the depression catches up unfortunately.

I would advise to find a doctor you can talk to who might have more ressources for you. Also I am sure you can find anonymous hotlines to vent if need be.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:21 am

I have my moments where I shrug off my depression but it still gnaws at me, at the moment it's the nagging thoughts how apparently I am to blame for ones misery, there is a bunch of thoughts about myself in general. Overheard a conversation between my parents about wanting to eat out but because of me they can't, I just can't cope in restaurants. How my dad wants to travel up north to see family but again, I'm the thorn.
I see a job going that I would like but then I remember my crazy anxiety levels, health, everything. Can't handle many situations because being on the autistic spectrum. It makes me unreliable cause every moment of the day I am unpredictable.
At the moment I'm just sitting there, watching bird videos or just staring into the unknown, if I get the strength I do a bit of model building. Haven't been able to draw much.
I do want another bird but my dad says no because I already have a budgie.
Scorpio

Postby Scorpio » Mon May 06, 2019 5:42 am

Got sensetive skin down there on the twig, my doctor said. Use babyoil to clean yourself there, they said. After trying it a couple of times and ending up with the redness of an embrassed tomato and a soreness to match, I've ended up with some conflicting ideas of what's good for my groin. Even more annoying when this happens right as I'm getting together with a wonderful old friend of mine :unamused:

Return to “General Off Topic”