How many users are still here?

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Rainbow Dasher

Re: How many users are still here?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Yup, and when new people *do* find their way in, it's so dead, they probably end up leaving. It's really no secret they're waiting on these forums to become slow enough they can just delete them altogether. I fully expect, and I know others do too, to hit my bookmark one day and find the forums have been deleted.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Bye Curiosity

Postby Bye Curiosity » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:57 pm

What will become of us.....
My collection was starting to get too big for this, so I moved it to my profile, but my other two lists are below.

► Show Spoiler

See this? :misc13: I wish this color scheme for this tentacle would come back!, :crying:
Scorpio

Postby Scorpio » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:43 am

Does anybody know why the forum was taken down from the homepage in first place?
toyfun

Postby toyfun » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:51 am

TL:DR

I'm guessing the FS/FT section prohibition killed the forums?
My collection. All Bad Dragon purchases. No second hand toys. Some of the toys in Medium firmness I am looking to sell.
► Show Spoiler
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:06 am

My guess (which could be completely unfounded):

The people complaining to mods about scams/failed trades/etc (I guess? idk) made them take down the FS/FT threads because it was probably clogging up mod inboxes about stuff they flat out said they don't support, if that makes sense. The Buying/Selling/Trade section has always been a "at your own risk" thing, and then the whole issue with potential witch hunts and trying to balance it with buyer beware threads...

And since those sections hosted a lot of the forums traffic, they took it off the main page while deciding if they were going to continue to do something about it. Since it's been what, two years almost since those sections were closed? I kinda think they decided to move on.

Less people buy on impulse because there isn't a way to easily re-sell models that don't work with your body, so there isn't as much hype about launches and people are more cautious with their purchases. The active members mostly have fulfilled collections by this point, and aren't commenting as much because they don't have the money/room/desire to buy more toys.

So we just get a lot of lurkers. Always have, but I think it's moreso than in the past. People read our old reviews (remember when they said they were trying to figure out a way with the new website to host those?), maybe lurk in some of the more popular threads, but otherwise there isn't a lot of energy here. Why be excited to post about a purchase when it's just to the void? :mystery:

I'd love to be excited about BD again, but I'm no longer a college student with the disposable income to leap on drops. I had a bad experience on Dragon Hoard back when it first went up (I participated in a thread, got blasted for an opinion that I no longer support, and felt completely unwelcomed thereafter). I don't really know if jumping ship for Dragonmoor will be any better.

So I lurk here, help when I can, and otherwise just hope that people interact with my posts. I definitely have felt like a 'thread killer' too.
ImageImage
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:00 pm

Personally, I just browsed and searched topics and reviews here for 3-4 months, before posting for the first time. There are always guests browsing the forum here. What this forum is great for (and Reddit's more popular BD forum is not good for) is for doing research on toys. A motherlode of reviews, and also a lot of good reference material (Bad Dragon Gallery thread, firmness comparison thread, etc etc). This forum will always be a great resource for people who know how to use a Search function, as long as Bad Dragon keeps it going. Reddit's format is simply not ideal for doing research, it's formatted more like Twitter and about immediacy, it's not searchable and so useful information disappears into the void rather quickly there.

I understand BD's interest in letting somebody else host their social media outlet (Reddit, Instagram) but there is a lot of value in a company having control over their own online presence (Reddit is not going to be around forever, or will they...?) Look what happened to Tumblr.

For old timers eventually all the usual discussion topics get exhausted, but for noobs this place is still a gold mine, it just takes a little digging.
Scorpio

Postby Scorpio » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:37 pm

Which reminds me, I still have a review to make on Zoie as soon as my equipment is back to normal again. From what I could see last time I checked, that one could need an input or two.
OrchydKyd

Postby OrchydKyd » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:35 pm

I re-joined after ditching an old alias. The forums are dead and I expect them to be completely gone in time. Are there even still mods here?
eloeelwe

Postby eloeelwe » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:50 am

I still visit most every day, not really sure why. Mostly, I guess, hoping to see a message from an old friend. Maybe it's just habit. Or perhaps to see something I might have some useful info or input to.

See the dragon's share of my artwork, here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/eloeelwe/
Or here: http://eloeelwe.deviantart.com/
Pasdebol

Postby Pasdebol » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:54 am

From time to time, I come here.
► Show Spoiler
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:04 pm

OrchydKyd wrote: Are there even still mods here?

Nope. I've not seen any around in at least 6 months, probably longer.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:

Dasa posted in General not too long ago that they aren't doing Cusp colors this year, but yeah, otherwise nothing.

But they did recently take down the Buy/Trade/Sale section, so I guess that's something?
ImageImage
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:10 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:

Dasa posted in General not too long ago that they aren't doing Cusp colors this year, but yeah, otherwise nothing.

But they did recently take down the Buy/Trade/Sale section, so I guess that's something?

Eh, that doesn't count as moderating, really. Just another kick in the teeth, regarding the demise of the secondhand section, that we all knew was coming. I remember when people were upset about them taking down the secondhand section; Dasa came in and told people to calm down and be patient, that the secondhand forums were undergoing renovation and returning and to stop being so presumptuous or whatever. Yeah, deleting it altogether sure showed us! /sarcasm Same deal for the labs: "They'll be back! They're just undergoing renovation!" How many years has it been now? Two?

They're likely waiting for some big kerfuffle to break out, so they have an excuse to just say, "Fuck this," and hit the delete button. It's a wonder anyone can even find this place now since the link is gone from the main page and off search engines.
Padre

Postby Padre » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:56 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:

Reports still get dealt with, so someone has to be there, though it takes about a week
—German|Artist|Bisexual—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Bruce|Zaratan|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
Bye Curiosity

Postby Bye Curiosity » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:55 am

Oh God, I already have to deal with recently news about a game being deleted, I can’t deal with another going away right now.....
My collection was starting to get too big for this, so I moved it to my profile, but my other two lists are below.

► Show Spoiler

See this? :misc13: I wish this color scheme for this tentacle would come back!, :crying:
ohw

Postby ohw » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:10 am

I guess I'm not an actual user as I seldom post. I usually come just for research. I do appreciate the the pictures, reviews and comments . Looking at just the specs, I find it difficult to pick the correct size.
Smolder

Postby Smolder » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:35 am

I come here from time to time. I’m generally more comfortable posting here than on the subreddit but unfortunately there’s so little activity here fhat I get bored very quickly
huntress

Postby huntress » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:51 pm

I have a look at the forum sometimes but I lack the time to write.
@Padre You once told me that you hoped that I would like my small Flint (=first purchase). It's a marvel and I love it, but it took me some time to get used to the size :)
► Show Spoiler
Padre

Postby Padre » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:04 am

huntress wrote:I have a look at the forum sometimes but I lack the time to write.
@Padre You once told me that you hoped that I would like my small Flint (=first purchase). It's a marvel and I love it, but it took me some time to get used to the size :)

Oh yeah, the small is seriously huge, very misleading word, but it's so good :smilenox: I'm glad to hear you like it, Flint is hands-down my favourite model!
—German|Artist|Bisexual—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Bruce|Zaratan|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
SparkyRaegun

Postby SparkyRaegun » Thu May 30, 2019 7:47 am

I think to come on once a month or so.. This is one of the places I feel like I can talk about my 'sexual journey' if you will.

I do admit I hesitate to post sometimes because I'm scared of the whole "that doesn't belong here" or "that's off topic" that I've been met with on other forums before.

I find forums to be more.. Formal? Reddit is like a medium inbetween and then discord is completely not formal / is casual?

I'm glad to see that there are other people online too.. Maybe we just need to.. Take more initiative with posting or even pming about stuff? At least, that's kinda how I feel about it. Even if it's a smaller comment or whatnot maybe?

I'm guilty of being a heavy lurker, but I kinda wanna change that.. because I'd really hate to see these forums go..
Feel free to PM me!
My Toys ;
► Show Spoiler
Guys good news- I didn't have to sell both kidneys for a Beta Shark! Only one! :misc7: :laugh:

Return to “General Discussion”