Adoption Adventures Abound!

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Squirrelmunk

Re: Adoption Adventures Abound!

Postby Squirrelmunk » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:14 am

My theory is there's one employee who's strong enough to remove firm xls from their moulds with minimal difficulty, so he occasionally casts one.
I have a blog, which includes a list of fantasy toy makers.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:17 am

Squirrelmunk wrote:My theory is there's one employee who's strong enough to remove firm xls from their moulds with minimal difficulty, so he occasionally casts one.

i like this theory!
oooooor it's a hazing ritual of some kind?

hmmmm
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
littlestars

Postby littlestars » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Just snagged this handsome guy! Med/Med Echo :smilenox:
small4f934612ced5a199db170f0dd129a91a.jpg
I'm that girl with all the Mengs!
Willow

Postby Willow » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:08 pm

You know, I once bought a XL Chance (unflared) knowing that I could not take him. His purpose? Decoration. I have some beautiful glass shelves that I wanted to put him on.
Sadly... he is a single color. I really didn't think too much about the color. He's still nice and all and I've been hunting for a awesome color one. And I think I saw it... briefly.
It was B&W lengthwise flared XL Chance. I don't see him there right now, but I was tempted. I'm trying to limit my spending this month. It's been hard, hard as graphene (that's harder than steel btw).

Also thinking about getting a XL Rex. Debating if I should go crazy colors or just the "good boy" color that's been renamed.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
katze

Postby katze » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:10 pm

Snagged this large/soft Duke!

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Hoss

Postby Hoss » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:20 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
Grimly Fiendish wrote:Could they possibly cast XL toys in firm, to "torture test" or season a new mold?

possibly, only BD knows and since they never reveal their ways, we will never know. they hide behind their safe corporate answers. Frustrating.

Story time!!!

There are two times XLs will get poured in Firm.

#1 = I can't talk about but it's due to "in house workings" and all that. (Sorry it's still frustrating but this answer is *severely NDA* and I like my job so...)

#2 = "Oops. Hey, Hoss, I fucked up..." . Some times it's a new trainee and some times people have a brainfart and that's why you get occasional Firm XLs.

I can also tell you from experience that we don't do Firm XLs anymore for a good reason. Some models were easier than others to make but some were extremely difficult and people were getting injured. To make sure staff stays healthy and safe it was put in as a blanket "No Firm XLs".

Hope this helps clear up confusion and gives a little more insight as to why no firm XLs are allowed.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:27 pm

Hoss wrote:
There are two times XLs will get poured in Firm.

#1 = I can't talk about but it's due to "in house workings" and all that. (Sorry it's still frustrating but this answer is *severely NDA* and I like my job so...)

#2 = "Oops. Hey, Hoss, I fucked up..." . Some times it's a new trainee and some times people have a brainfart and that's why you get occasional Firm XLs.

I can also tell you from experience that we don't do Firm XLs anymore for a good reason. Some models were easier than others to make but some were extremely difficult and people were getting injured. To make sure staff stays healthy and safe it was put in as a blanket "No Firm XLs".

Hope this helps clear up confusion and gives a little more insight as to why no firm XLs are allowed.

Now let me ask you this? why will BD pore the larger toys such as Crackers, Flint, Sleipnir, Stan, Cole, etc. in firm. Yet XL toys of smaller dimensions and mass will not be allowed.

if, as you say, there are some toys that are difficult to extract. i am assuming toys with pronounced knots, textures or heads require a bit of extra effort. Also toys with narrow junctures between the shaft and base probably are more prone to damage. then why would there not also be "easy" toys that could be cast in firm, such as David, Roland, Tail, tongue, Nox, Echo, etc.

I might also add that one of your now direct competitors, has zero issue's casting their toys in what is basically firm. Granted their material, molds and manufacturing process maybe/are different. Furthermore almost all of their toys are on the larger side things, so they might just have more experience handling large firm toys. :laugh:
My collection
► Show Spoiler
betty

Postby betty » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:10 pm

KnotyDes wrote:Now let me ask you this? why will BD pore the larger toys such as Crackers, Flint, Sleipnir, Stan, Cole, etc. in firm. Yet XL toys of smaller dimensions and mass will not be allowed.

if, as you say, there are some toys that are difficult to extract. i am assuming toys with pronounced knots, textures or heads require a bit of extra effort. Also toys with narrow junctures between the shaft and base probably are more prone to damage. then why would there not also be "easy" toys that could be cast in firm, such as David, Roland, Tail, tongue, Nox, Echo, etc.

I might also add that one of your now direct competitors, has zero issue's casting their toys in what is basically firm. Granted their material, molds and manufacturing process maybe/are different. Furthermore almost all of their toys are on the larger side things, so they might just have more experience handling large firm toys. :laugh:

Hi KnotyDes,

You've made a reasonable argument based on the technical details of each toy and what other companies are doing. Since you haven't made headway, my guess is this is strictly a legal matter.

We know employee(s) were injured. And when there are work place injuries, there are lawyers.

If BD reached a settlement, they probably agreed not to accept any orders for firm XL toys. This is a very simple policy to implement --- unlike trying to figure out the dimensions of each past, present and future toy.

Further, these settlements often come with gag orders. Employees would be forbidden to provide details for fear of losing their jobs. This fits with how employees have been replying to posts about this issue.

Then there's the recent post about "in-house workings" that occasionally generate firm XLs ... but can't be discussed without risk of being fired. Perhaps BD agreed in the settlement to train employees on how to handle an accidentally poured firm XL? Thus periodically, they would deliberately make one for training purposes.

This is all guesswork on my part. What I can say is that I worked for a large company that reached a settlement that had a gag order, required all employees to get special training regardless of whether it applied to them, and instituted blanket policies that satisfied the lawyers but made no technical sense.

Betty
kkul

Postby kkul » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:14 pm

adopted these two pretties!
med/med and small/soft
hey! i go by angel ! ♡
f/20, poly + taken 3x !
i love pastels and shiny things

:misc2: collection!
► Show Spoiler

:misc4: wishlist!
► Show Spoiler
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:09 pm

betty wrote: :words:

i never thought of it being a legal matter. as you noted i am more of a technical thinker.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
SparkyRaegun

Postby SparkyRaegun » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:54 pm

kkul wrote:http://i.imgur.com/Z40lx13.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JeLgfg1.jpg

adopted these two pretties!
med/med and small/soft

omggg! So beautiful! I love the marbling on the pink one and the blue one looks like a cloudy sky!
Feel free to PM me!
My Toys ;
► Show Spoiler
Guys good news- I didn't have to sell both kidneys for a Beta Shark! Only one! :misc7: :laugh:
Villie

Postby Villie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:02 pm

Fingers crossed for a soft mini ika next drop!! There was one last drop, but it was one plain color.
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Noll

Postby Noll » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:31 pm

Ngghh these colors on Elliott
List of toys owned in profile.
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:19 pm

partial aurora?
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
[
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:45 pm

This werewolf muzzle looks more like a rabbit lol
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
Noll

Postby Noll » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:49 pm

Someone's pretty flopped shark
Padre

Postby Padre » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Noll wrote:Someone's pretty flopped shark

Thats mine!!! :D
Wonder why it flopped? .....And the Red looks a little flat, considering it's supposed to be the metallic Garnet from Chance! Curious
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.[/align]
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Padre wrote:Thats mine!!! :D
Wonder why it flopped? .....And the Red looks a little flat, considering it's supposed to be the metallic Garnet from Chance! Curious

Maybe because they messed up the colors since it should be metallic ? Or maybe the sloppy split. I have an old Bruce from 2013 in "light natural" which was basically a two colors split as well but the base didn't bleed onto the shafts at all.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Noll

Postby Noll » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:47 pm

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
Padre wrote:Thats mine!!! :D

Maybe because they messed up the colors since it should be metallic ? Or maybe the sloppy split. I have an old Bruce from 2013 in "light natural" which was basically a two colors split as well but the base didn't bleed onto the shafts at all.

It had air bubbles. That a pretty one nonetheless! :dukeretro:
ShadowHawk

Postby ShadowHawk » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:58 am

Snagged this beautiful David last night. It almost looks like an even split down the middle of the toy, were it not for the feathering between the two colors! Can't wait to see the reverse side when it gets here, and I love the colors!
Toys owned: Too many to count!

Return to “General Discussion”