UPS lost my toy, and Bad Dragon customer service is not helping me (RESOLVED)

Discuss anything related to Bad Dragon here!
Grimly Fiendish

UPS lost my toy, and Bad Dragon customer service is not helping me (RESOLVED)

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Sun May 03, 2020 4:38 am

Should I reverse charges on a lost toy? This is kind of a long story...

I bought a flopped toy at the end of February and it was scheduled to be delivered in early March. I got delivery notification from UPS and I was at home waiting for delivery. Nobody rang my bell. Around 6:30 pm I checked the UPS website again, to see if there was a "delivery exception" (change to the delivery date) and it said that my package was delivered at 5:30 pm. I ran to the door to see if the package was there, and it wasn't.

I immediately called UPS to tell them what happened. Getting through to a person at UPS is really hard, it takes like 20 minutes or more, every time. I explained the situation. They told me they would call the local distribution hub (warehouse) and the warehouse would call me. The local warehouse called me at 7:30 pm, I explained to them what happened (nobody rang the bell, according to records the package was already delivered). They said they would have the driver call me. Well the driver never called. They go off duty at 9:00 pm.

The next day I called UPS again and told them I wanted to fill out a claim on a lost package. They took all my information and told me it takes 8 business days to do an investigation. I also sent a ticket in to Bad Dragon customer service. Bad Dragon responded via email that they (Bad Dragon) usually work with UPS on lost packages, but it didn't seem like a big deal that I was the person who filed the claim instead of Bad Dragon. After waiting 8 days I called UPS back, and they told me that the Shipper would be updated with their decision. I emailed BD customer service and didn't get a response. I called UPS multiple times and they were slammed with phone calls (30 minute wait times). This was around the time that the pandemic really started to hit us here in New York. When I finally got through to UPS, they again told me that I couldn't get an update, that only Bad Dragon could get an update. Then UPS told me that the investigation had been canceled because the phone number they had on record for me was 555-000-0000. Obviously I gave them my real phone number, i don't know what happened but that was an error by UPS. But they still had my email address and my mailing address. But they said they could not complete the investigation because they couldn't call me.

I was in shock! The past few weeks of waiting, all the phone calls and emails I had made, and they canceled the investigation. I asked to speak to a supervisor and asked them to "escalate" my claim. I told the supervisor the entire story. (Actually, the supervisor may have told me that they had the wrong phone number for me). One thing I haven't mentioned yet - UPS does not have a regular driver on my route. It's always somebody different. I've lived here for 10 years and for the first 5 years, UPS came at the same time every day, and it was always the same driver. Apparently he retired or moved, and since then, UPS comes at different times, and it's usually a different driver every time. I told this to the supervisor. She said to wait 5 days and gave me a phone number to call. I waited 5 more days and called UPS. They said they could only give out the investigation information to the shipper. Funny, this time they had my real phone number I guess (not 555-000-0000) but nobody ever called me. So why did they need my phone number before? They don't use it...

So I've been emailing Bad Dragon regularly for the past month, trying to get them to follow up. I'm pretty sure that UPS will refund them for the package, but nobody at Bad Dragon is following up with me. I'm worried that I'm going to be out the money (about $95 including shipping) and nobody cares except me. I'm pretty sure there is a limited amount of time I can reverse the charges on my credit card but I hate to do that. I would much rather go through Bad Dragon customer service. I must have bought a 8 or 10 Bad Dragon toys in the past (edit: I've bought 15 toys before this one) and the idea that I might be trying to cheat BD on a $85 flop (plus shipping) is laughable. I'm positive that what happened was a substitute driver left my box at the wrong address. Or they rang the wrong doorbell. I live in a crowded city so anything that UPS leaves out is liable to be stolen from the doorstep. UPS policy is that it's cheaper for them to reimburse customers for stolen packages, than it is for them to try to make repeated delivery attempts. But I can't get reimbursed because Bad Dragon customer service is swamped, and nobody's working in the office because of the pandemic.

How long should I let this drag out for? It's been almost two months since the toy was supposed to be delivered.

Order #: (edited)
Last edited by Grimly Fiendish on Fri May 15, 2020 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grimly Fiendish

Re: UPS lost my toy, and Bad Dragon customer service is not helping me

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Sun May 03, 2020 4:59 am

I started a new claim ticket because nobody was replying to the original thread. Maybe that was a mistake, but nobody has replied to the new ticket.
MachineDoll

Postby MachineDoll » Sun May 03, 2020 9:24 am

For Visa/Mastercard, you should have 90 days to dispute the charges.
Ovipositor and egg laying enthusiast. Princess by day, knotty at night.
My toys:
► Show Spoiler
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Tue May 05, 2020 11:30 pm

Thanks for clarifying. So I have another 3 or 4 weeks.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed May 13, 2020 4:59 pm

Resolved! I got an email a couple of days ago that BD was refunding my money. Yesterday the money showed up in my account.

There must be a bare bones crew of people working in the office, and maybe there is no way to have customer service working from home during the pandemic. I don't know.

Took an extra month I guess, but "happy ending".
MachineDoll

Re: UPS lost my toy, and Bad Dragon customer service is not helping me (RESOLVED)

Postby MachineDoll » Thu May 14, 2020 7:12 am

Glad to hear it. I have a client that operates a call center, and it was discussed how difficult it is to do work from home. Between license costs and call routing, it can be super expensive. Many of those licenses operate on a "minimum cost + per person," and the "minimum" cost can be too much for a small company (comparatively) like BD.
Ovipositor and egg laying enthusiast. Princess by day, knotty at night.
My toys:
► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Discussion”