Surprise! New user

New to the forum? Need a welcome pounce? Introduce yourself, get to know others, and familiarize yourself with Bad Dragon and the Forums here!
Exy

Surprise! New user

Postby Exy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:36 am

Hi all. I know, it's 2020 and from what I see and what I've read before writing this post, this forum is dying / already dead, and there are other forums for fans of BD toys now etc. Still... I'd be happy if someone is still logging in here, now and then, and if any of them would reply in this thread. I'm a bit disappointed TBH, because I remember that first time I met Bad Dragon I visited the forums too, and it looked like an awesome community, but I was too shy to join them.
I discovered Bad Dragon a number of years ago (maybe five or six? It was def before the new site), then I re-found it during the COVID lockdown after a long time. Then I bought my first BD toy (an Echo) from the Inventory section (ex clearance, ex adoptables?) which arrived here in Italy a few days ago (custom taxes killed me...) and I've not yet had the right opportunity to try him for the first time, but I will soon. Truth is, I'm not a virgin down there but this is my first dildo ever. Why did I start with a BD toy instead of one of the most realistic ones, you may ask? Well, I don't have a rational answer to this. I just like how different BD toys are from the real thing, though some of them are quite similar, at least in their general proportions (no, not talking about Archer...) I am not a furry, but I do like fantasy stuff, and I've already put things down there that really I shouldn't have, especially when I was younger and didn't know safety rules etc. You can check my wishlist in my profile, if you wish. Also, yeah I'm not going for huge sizes, really. I already know that I will mostly buy small toys, maybe a few medium ones (Tyson, probably).
Well, I think this is all for now. If someone is still active here, probably in future I'll ask some advice on my next purchases.
I hope you all stay safe in the meantime.
eloeelwe

Re: Surprise! New user

Postby eloeelwe » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:40 am

I'm sorry you had to return to the forums in it's current state. It was such a joyful place to be social and talk with new people. But now it's a shadow of it's former self, gasping and shuttering in an attempt to survive.

I miss those days. BD was responsible for dragging me out of the closet, and be proud of what I truly am.

Any how, welcome to you!

See the dragon's share of my artwork, here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/eloeelwe/
Or here: http://eloeelwe.deviantart.com/
Exy

Postby Exy » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:57 am

Thank you! It's nice to have received one reply at least :smilenox: In the meantime, I joined DragonMoor too, and I've already found some users there that I have seen here too.
If I can be of some help in making this forum survive, I'll be happy.
Are the Labs closed, too?
eloeelwe

Postby eloeelwe » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:22 am

Yes the Labs are a thing of the past. Much has changed since Varka stepped away, I assume to pursue other interests.

DragonMoor huh? I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

See the dragon's share of my artwork, here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/eloeelwe/
Or here: http://eloeelwe.deviantart.com/
Kariva

Postby Kariva » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:02 am

Hello! I don't know anything about anything here, just revisiting myself.
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:40 pm

Exy wrote:I discovered Bad Dragon a number of years ago (maybe five or six? It was def before the new site).....

Truth is, I'm not a virgin down there but this is my first dildo ever. Why did I start with a BD toy instead of one of the most realistic ones, you may ask? Well, I don't have a rational answer to this. I just like how different BD toys are from the real thing, though some of them are quite similar, at least in their general proportions (no, not talking about Archer...) I am not a furry, but I do like fantasy stuff, and I've already put things down there that really I shouldn't have, especially when I was younger and didn't know safety rules etc. You can check my wishlist in my profile, if you wish. Also, yeah I'm not going for huge sizes, really. I already know that I will mostly buy small toys, maybe a few medium ones (Tyson, probably).
Well, I think this is all for now. If someone is still active here, probably in future I'll ask some advice on my next purchases.
I hope you all stay safe in the meantime.

Sup! BD was my first sex toy experience too so you're not too unusual :p

From your wishlist..I think you'd like Tyson but I'm also gonna vouch for Austin (it has a gentler knot than Fenrir...but I definitely recommend him too!) Nocturne would be fun to get as well. I like Nox too but I might also throw in Nova (he's kinda tapered and has a...not so abrupt knot)

Do you like your firm toy? For the thinner models on your list firm would work well if you like it. The thicker ones and ones with knots I'd say get in medium (or soft) as if it's thick and in firm it won't have much give at all. Again it's all preference but just giving a heads up on that part.
Exy

Postby Exy » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:16 pm

A belated thank you for the various welcoming replies :)

Phelvia wrote:
Sup! BD was my first sex toy experience too so you're not too unusual :p

From your wishlist..I think you'd like Tyson but I'm also gonna vouch for Austin (it has a gentler knot than Fenrir...but I definitely recommend him too!) Nocturne would be fun to get as well. I like Nox too but I might also throw in Nova (he's kinda tapered and has a...not so abrupt knot)

Do you like your firm toy? For the thinner models on your list firm would work well if you like it. The thicker ones and ones with knots I'd say get in medium (or soft) as if it's thick and in firm it won't have much give at all. Again it's all preference but just giving a heads up on that part.

Hello there! I suspected so much. I'm slowly learning something about other companies, especially independent ones. The custom taxes from USA to Italy increased the whole cost by about a 33% :doh: , so I'd be more than happy to buy from a European company / artisan in the future. Sadly, for what I've seen, not many make the mix of styles and size I like.

Yes, I'm liking my small/firm Echo A LOT (though so far that part of my body likes to whine for some time after a session? But that's totally fine by me lol).
Thank you a lot for your advice! I will soon make a post explicitly asking advice about next toys that I'll buy, but since we're at it...
Tyson, I love the design but I've plenty of doubts. I fear that a small in firm would be not enough but a medium in firm would be way too much, and that a medium / medium would not be firm enough to stand by itself and to ride decently? Argh.
TBH Fenrir scares me a bit lol I don't think I'll buy any toys with knot next time, but in the future I definitely want to try a couple of them. But you're right that firm firmness would be too much for a knot... After Echo's swell, I'm quite sure of this.
Nova's ridges are kind of intimidating?
huntress

Postby huntress » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:30 pm

Exy wrote:Hello there! I suspected so much. I'm slowly learning something about other companies, especially independent ones. The custom taxes from USA to Italy increased the whole cost by about a 33% :doh: , so I'd be more than happy to buy from a European company / artisan in the future. Sadly, for what I've seen, not many make the mix of styles and size I like.

Hi from Germany, I totally know what you mean. It‘s an expensive hobby. I would recommend that you buy ready made toys from Bad Dragon during the Black Friday sale, as you can get up to 40% discount. Or, if you are ok with second hand toys, you can buy toys from private sellers in the EU on Dragon-hoard.com
I have sold 2 dildos there because I didn’t like them so much and it took me hours to find buyers for them, so you have to be quick.
► Show Spoiler
Exy

Postby Exy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:39 am

huntress wrote:Hi from Germany, I totally know what you mean. It‘s an expensive hobby. I would recommend that you buy ready made toys from Bad Dragon during the Black Friday sale, as you can get up to 40% discount. Or, if you are ok with second hand toys, you can buy toys from private sellers in the EU on Dragon-hoard.com
I have sold 2 dildos there because I didn’t like them so much and it took me hours to find buyers for them, so you have to be quick.

Hello! Thank you very much for all your suggestions :)
Luckily, I don't plan on collecting them, but sure I'm not against managing to save some money. As far as you know, is that Black Friday discount valid only for the ready-mades in inventory, or is it also for customs?
Sadly, I don't think I would be comfortable using a toy that's been used by someone else. I'm in DragonMoor too and there's some offers from Europe, but not nearly as many as those from the USA, and until the COVID emergency doesn't end most of them refuse to ship internationally. Sounds like the situation on Dragon Hoard is better. But, again, I'm not interested in buying used toys. I joined the forums mostly for talking about the toys and about using them, in a safe environment where no one is going to judge me.
huntress

Postby huntress » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:52 am

Yeah, I will most likely never buy any used toys myself.

Sadly, the 40% discount is only on ready made toys. I would not wait to get any discounts on customs, though I know that sometime, a model gets a discount from time to time. If you would like to shop during Black Friday, you should know exactly what you want and use the filter options. It's best, you bookmark the personally filtered inventory page because filter options were disabled last year, but if you had bookmarked them, they still worked. The years before, Black Friday was a slaughter and the page wouldn't work for me, so I missed the 40% discount and only got 20%. But it should be allright this year - they have gotten the hang of it. Good luck.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “New User Central”